Falling

Polar.

           Wonwoo just remained silent as they continued walking. They were talking, and the only sound they heard was the crunching of the leaves underneath their feet. He didn't want to reply to his bestfriend, yet at the same time he knew it wasn't fair to leave him hanging, and hoping with the possibility of them becoming something more. Meanwhile, Mingyu and Minghao were going through a similar conversation. 

"Yah, Mingyu-ah... You should tell Wonwoo before you lose him.", the blindfolded boy told his friend.

"What do you mean?", the latter replied.

"Don't act stupid.", he responded.

"I'm not being stupid, I'm just... being careful."

Mingyu said. Minghao exhaled, and looked up at the sky, although not being able to see. They were walking down a trail, and Minghao decided to take this opportunity to properly talk to his friend.

"What are you scared of, though?" he said.

"I just... don't want to go through that again.", Mingyu said. "And, maybe I'm just using him as a replacement, you know? I don't really know if I actually like him or not..."

"Jun knows. One day you might lose that Class President to his bestfriend that's been there for him since forever... So, if I were you, I'd make a move."

There was silence amongst the friends,

"I don't want him involved with me... Like, my past, my "street" life, or whatever... I don't want him having to experience things that he wouldn't have to if he was with Junhui.", Mingyu said looking at the ground that was coloured in fallen leaves. 

"So you're just going to give up on him?" Minghao asked, "Seokmin would be disappointed.", the blue haired boy decided to play the card.

"Yah, Minghao-ah. Don't bring Seokmin in this, he has nothing to do with this," Mingyu said while shaking his head and looking at the blindfolded boy. Minghao scoffed,

"What do you mean nothing to do with this? You and I both know that he's the sole reason for your cowardness." 

Mingyu would normally lash back, but he couldn't since he knew what Minghao was saying was true. He also knew that the blue haired boy was speaking out of concern for him, and honestly just wanted the latter to be happy. The duo were walking in silence now, when they heard a bunch of leaves crunch, a large thud, and a scream. Minghao immediately took off his blindfold, and the misfits looked at each other. The both suddenly went into a sprint, headed for the direction where the scream came from. They both ran at the same speed and pace, both panicked and calm, their unity and bond built over years of fighting and hanging out together. When they got to the scene, they realized that someone had fallen into a trap, and was now underground. Mingyu told Minghao to go run to the lodge for help, which he followed orders and started sprinting. Meanwhile, Mingyu was moving the pile of leafs on top of the trap, probably for camouflage. After moving all the leafs, the victim was now visible, and Mingyu with a confused look on his face said,

"Wonwoo-ah?" 

Wonwoo looked up from the bottom of the trap revealing the one and only Mingyu. 

"Ah! Mingyu-ah!", he said smiling now that someone was with him.

"Where's Jun?" Mingyu asked, wondering why the Class Pres. was all alone.

"He ran for help, I think he'll be here soon." he said. Mingyu looked around, and estimated that the lodge was about 30 minutes away, and assumed Minghao would meet Jun on the way, considering his speed. 

"Okay," the latter said. Mingyu then reached his hand down the hole,

"Jump and grab on" he directed, to which Wonwoo smiled sadly and said,

"I think I hurt my ankle. I can't walk"

Mingyu cursed under his breath, and started thinking of how he could get the trapped Pres. out. He devised a plan, and started to put it into action. The latter jumped down into the trap, and landed on his feet beside Wonwoo. Wonwoo gave him a confused look, and Mingyu explained,

"Okay. You are going to get on my shoulders, and pull yourself up on the ground, get it? Got it? Good." the latter explain, and bent down and waited for the Class Pres. to place himself on him. Wonwoo limped towards him and sat on his shoulders, and panicked when he almost lost his balance as Mingyu stood up. 

"Yah, you're light.... Do you eat?" Mingyu asked,

"Yes, mom, I do.", Wonwoo joked around with the latter. 

Mingyu walked closed to the wall of the trap, and their combined heights were enough for Wonwoo to reach the ground above them. He propped his arms on the ground, and started to pull himself up. His arms were shaking,but he managed to pull up his whole body, and laid on the ground. 

"Did you make it?" Mingyu asked from below.

"Yeah." Wonwoo answered, and outstretched his hand towards the latter still in the hole,

"Jump and grab on," he said,

"Wow, so original." the latter said and he firmly grasped onto Wonwoo's hand. They tried, but failed as Wonwoo wasn't strong enough to lift Mingyu up.

"Yah~, why are you so weak.", Mingyu said. Mingyu then backed up and said,

"Back up," to Wonwoo who scooted himself over away from the edge.

"What are you doing?", he asked.

"Running up, duh." Mingyu replied.

The latter proceeded to back up to the farthest wall of the trap, and sprinted towards the other wall. He ran up the wall and succesfully got his arms up aboveground, and his momentum allowed him to hoist himself up, landing beside the Class Pres. Mingyu stood up straight, and offered his arm to Wonwoo to use as support as he struggled to stand up.

"Let's go to the lodge," Mingyu suggested, "get on my back."

"Shouldn't we wait for Jun and Minghao?" Wonwoo asked, as he looked into the distance in the direction of the lodge. 

"We'll probably meet them on the way," Mingyu said still crouching down, waiting for the shorter to get on.

"But, what if we don't?"

Mingyu turned around and looked at Wonwoo,

"Well, if we don't go to the lodge, your ankle might get seriously injured, so stop the excuses and let's go."

Wonwoo made an annoyed face, and got on Mingyu's back. Then, a piggy back walk started, similar to that day. Wonwoo rested his chin on Mingyu's shoulder, and said

"You're always there for me when I get hurt."

The words caused Mingyu's eyes widen. The latter began to blush slightly, and was thankful that Wonwoo couldn't see his face, or else there would be no end to the mockery. They were walking down the trail, and Mingyu replied,

"What the hell are you saying? Shut up." he latter said, flustered.

"No~, I'm being serious. You're always there to save me-"

"If you say one more word, we're going to go back and I'll drop you back in the hole." the latter threatened.

It worked, because Wonwoo just went "Tch", and didn't speak after. He placed his head back in it's comfortable position on Mingyu's shoulder. The couple was walking down the trail leading to the lodge when they heard voices, and footsteps getting closer. They slowed down and stood still, as a group of Jun, Minghao and 2 other teachers came up over the hill and saw the duo.

"There he is!"

Jun said as he pointed at his bestfriend who was on the back of his enemy. The rescue group began to jog, and finally reached the couple. Minghao saw Wonwoo on his friend's back, and gave Mingyu a satisfied look. Jun approached Wonwoo and Mingyu let him down carefully, making sure not to let his ankle touch the ground harshly. Jun then took Wonwoo's arm and put it around his neck, placed his arm around Wonwoo's waist, and then supported most of the Class Pres' weight as they started walking. Over his shoulder, Wonwoo gave Mingyu a kind smile, and the latter just waved back. Jun and Wonwoo were accompanied back to the lodge by the 2 teachers, while Mingyu and Minghao walked back at their own pace.

"Wah~. I did say to make a move, but I didn't mean that fast... How rough were you with him that he couldn't even walk after?" Minghao joked.

Mingyu gave the bubblegum haired boy and disugsted look, and said

"You're gross. And, you know that's not what happened."

The two arrived at the lodge, and so did the other senior students who weren't aware of what had occured. Then, after grabbing their bags, and saying thank you to the staff, they started loading the bus again, and their 3 hour journey back home began. The seating arrangements remained the same as the trip there, but this trip was a little more quiet. All the students were tired from their late BBQ, and early rise for the walk, so most of the seniors were sleeping. When they arrived at the school, the students unloaded the bus and gathered at the front gate for a rollcall. Mingyu was stretching his body, and his shirt lifted a bit, revealing his defined v-line, and yawned. Minghao punched the latter in the stomach, and Mingyu coughed and put Minghao into a headlock. The duo was laughing, and after all 40 students were confirmed present, they all dispersed and made their way home. Jun helped Wonwoo home, and Mingyu and Minghao walked together to their usual hangout. 

The next day at school, there was plenty of gossip about the kiss between the odd match the other night. Junhui wasn't at school because he had some family reunion happening on Jeju Island. Mingyu dismissed it, but couldn't ignore the way Wonwoo was bothered and embarrased by it. During lunch, Wonwoo went to go get bread from the cafeteria and was walking back to class. Suddenly, 3 girls surrounded him, and started pressing him with questions,

"Why did you force yourself on Mingyu-oppa?"

Wonwoo rolled his eyes, and said

"I didn't force myself on him... It was just a game."

The girls around him looked at one another and started closing in on the Class Pres.

"You don't deserve to kiss him, now you ruined his lips."

"He's probably not even gay, and you just ruined kisses for him.." the girls were relentless. 

"Just because you're gay, doesn't mean Mingyu-oppa is...", and Wonwoo bit his tongue trying not to cry. Not really out of sadness, but out of frustration and just being done with all the talks. 

"I ing know that there's a chance he's not gay. I know better than anyone, and who the do you think you are telling me I ruined someone's lips. Why the Hell do you think I'm trying so hard to surpress my feelings?" the Class Pres. thought to himself, as he looked down the hall, refusing to look at the girls infront of him. 

Right before the girls could continue on with their harsh words, a familiar deep voice resounded through the hall.

"Yah, Wonwoo-ah. Let's go get something to eat.", he said. Mingyu looked at the girls as they hid their faces in shame, and embarassment.

"I'm fine, I already have bread." Wonwoo said, and tried to get out of the circle.

"Mingyu-oppa is offering you lunch, and you have the decency to-"

"Shut up." Mingyu said to the girl that was talking to Wonwoo. Mingyu walked towards the group and grabbed Wonwoo's wrist, and dragged him with him down the hall to their class,

"I sa~id, let's go eat lunch!" Mingyu repeated. He took the bread that was in Wonwoo's hands, and threw it at one of the girls, who caught it. The tall misfit gave each of the girls a glare, and continued walking with Wonwoo. They passed by their class, and as they did so, Mingyu motioned to Minghao who was sitting in class. Minghao ran out of class, and joined the duo,

"Yah, where are we going?"

"I would also like to know the answer.", Wonwoo added after Minghao.

Mingyu smiled and placed his hands in his pocket, 

"Places." 

Minghao smiled, and gave the latter a high-five, and Wonwoo just kept walking, going with the flow as he didn't want to spend lunch there. 

---------------------------------

After the roughly 20 minute walk, the 3 got to the base, and Wonwoo's heart began thumping. He was nervous because he recalled that Mingyu said the boys and him hang out there during lunch, so that meant there were 9 other guys waiting at the base. The Class Pres. began fixing his hair, becoming self conscious about his appearance to which Minghao noticed and started laughing. As the trio drew closer to the base, Wonwoo started hearing multiple muffled voices coming from the building. Mingyu didn't knock, considering he basically owned it the place, and walked in, Minghao following behind him, and Wonwoo last in line. The voices stopped for a moment, and then one said,

"Yah! Why are you late, we thought you guys got into trouble."

Minghao started laughing,

"We aren't in trouble, but Mingyu is.... trouble with lo~ve." the blue haired boy teased as he slipped past Mingyu and joined the group of boys who were now all saying in unison

"Ooo~~~".

Mingyu laughed and looked to the side,

"We're late because we had a pick up.", the latter explained.

"Oo! Is it food?", said one of the boys.

"No it's him-"Mingyu turned and noticed Wonwoo wasn't at his side, he looked at the doorway and there was the Class Pres. still hesitant to enter.

"Yah! What are you doing? Come inside." The leader of misfits instructed.

Wonwoo then nodded and awkwardly made his way inside, and finally got to see all 11 boys. He bowed politely and said 

"Hello, I'm Jeon Wonwoo."

The room was quiet, with all 10 pairs of eyes staring at the out of place Pres. Wonwoo lifted his head and looked at the 8 boys that weren't familiar, and noticed someone was missing from the photo he had seen. They all were wearing different uniforms, but their knuckles were bruised and cut, and some of their faces were too. However, they had kind faces which made Wonwoo relax a bit more. They were sitting on the couch, on the floor, and some were standing, and Mingyu was standing at Wonwoo's side. After a few seconds of silence, all the boys smiled nicely and some waved, and a bunch of greetings were said at once

"Hi Wonwoo!" "Hello" "Yo~" "Wassup!" 

One of the boys parted from the crowd, and walked up towards Wonwoo and outstretched his hand, gesturing for a handshake. Wonwoo took it, and bowed his head and the boy said,

"Don't bow!", he laughed abit and his eyes almost disappeared when he smiled to introduce himself, "My name is Soonyoung."

Mingyu told Soonyoung to go back so that he could tell Wonwoo their names. Starting from left to right, he introduced,

"Soonyoung, you know. Jihoon, Joshua, Jeonghan, Vernon," he stopped, "Ah, with Vernon, that's his street name, but his real name is Hansol" the latter continued,

"Minghao, Seungcheol, and our year's maknae, LeeChan." 

Mingyu looked at the still uncomfortable Pres and announced,

"This is Wonwoo, as you guys know from his introduction. He's here because girls have 0 chill at our school," he said with an uninterested slightly annoyed voice, 

"Ooo~ Wonwoo-ah, are you a Womanizer? Are they all chasing after you, is that why you're here?", Soonyoung asked with a slick smile.

"No, it's because they're pissed that Wonwoo and Mingyu kissed." Minghao said, bluntly. Wonwoo opened his eyes wide in surprise, and began blushing in embarassment, swearing under his breath.

"Wait!", Vernon said, "Mingyu kissed him?!"

Wonwoo braced himself ready for another "Why did you kiss him? You don't deserve to" lecture. But, laughter filled the room instead. 

"Mingyu-ah~. Congrats on your first-", Mingyu quickly picked up a pillow and whipped it in Jihoon's face to stop him from continuing what he was saying. But, it was too late and Wonwoo already got the gist of it, 

"First kiss? I'm Mingyu's first kiss?" 

The Class Pres. thought to himself, and looked at Mingyu who had became flustered, and was blushing. Wonwoo gave an interesting face as he had never seen the latter blush, or become all agitated. Mingyu cleared his throat, his cheeks still tinted with red,

"Thanks Minghao.", he said giving the blue haired boy an annoyed look, "Anyway! So, yeah. Be nice to him, he's chill. But, don't be too rough, he's not like us. Got it?" the latter finished his announcement. The group gave a unison

"Yup!", and resumed their eating and conversations. Minghao motioned for Wonwoo to come over, and Wonwoo awkwardly joined the group consisting of Jisoo, Jeonghan, Minghao and Jihoon. But, when Wonwoo joined, all 10 boys had their attention on him, and now it was just a group conversation. Wonwoo became increasingly more comfortable with them, but still kept his distance just incase he said anything wrong. They were all eating, and they shared food, even with Wonwoo whose bread got tossed to female dogs.  However, Wonwoo liked the boys and was happy that there wasn't much prejudice, and they treated him normally. They just didn't punch or kick him, so he was okay with that. Then, questions started rising, mainly about Mingyu and Wonwoo,

"Wonwoo-ah. Are you and Mingyu dating?" asked the maknae, LeeChan.

Wonwoo almost choked on his food, and coughed out a "No", and shook his head.

"Really? Then... why would he bring you here?", Jeonghan asked, genuinely curious. Wonwoo just shrugged and continued eating his food,

"Do you like him?" Jisoo asked, and Wonwoo lied and said,

"No."

"Ah~. So our Mingyu is in an unrequited love, huh?" Hansol said. Wonwoo gave the boys a confused look, and Minghao smirked.

"Wonwoo-ah, watch this. We have this "rule", I guess, where you have to speak the truth when asked a serious question. Only to each other, though. The public doesn't count." Minghao laughed,

"Ah! I see where you're going with this.",

Vernon said and smiled. After a couple of seconds and exchanged glances, all of the boys were on the same page except for Wonwoo who watched to see what would happen next. All the boys turned to look at Mingyu who was sitting in one of the corners, reading a book about Astrology.

"Mingyu-ah!", Jeonghan's sweet voice called out.

"What?" the latter replied without looking up from his book.

"Do you like Wonwoo-ah?"

Wonwoo stopped eating and focused for the answer. Either way, he agreed that he wouldn't let the answer get to his head, because who actually follows the rule of telling the truth? The relaxed taller looked up from his book, and bluntly replied

"Yep.", while nodding his head. 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

okay so I was planning to upload this later, but since I'm an idiot I forgot to hide it and some of you got the update and read it, while most of you didn't. SO! I'll upload it early, and sorry about my mistake! ;-; LOL, love you guys tho! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was kind of rushed, so I'll make it up to you next time! Comment, subscribe, upvote & whateverrrrr. See you whenever, but until then PEACE! <3 - Zen.