Confrontation

Polar.

           The trio sat there, their hands remaining up, Jun and Mingyu still locked in a gaze. Wonwoo looked at them, and then the teacher broke the tension,

"Well! It's good to know that Mingyu-ssi will finally be participating with us", Mr. Hyuk said, and Mingyu gave him a forced smile.

"So, Class! I will distrbute the forms, and please get them back to me tomorrow! We leave in 2 days. Also, another school may be at the same camping grounds, so try and make new friends!", he said, completing his announcement.

Mr. Hyuk then proceeded to walk around the class, handing each student a form. After the conversations died down, Mr. Hyuk proceeded to teach his subject, Geography. After first period was over, their students began talking to each other again, in their social groups. Mingyu got up, and habitually Wonwoo said

"Bye," and waved

Mingyu laughed and said,

"I'm not leaving.", and proceeded to make his way to Minghao's desk. On the way, he crossed paths with Jun who was walking to Wonwoo's desk, and the duo shared some whispered words.

"I won't let you have him." Jun whispered, as he kept his eyes straight ahead,

Mingyu smirked, and while also looking forward said,

"But he's not yours."

They then parted to go opposite ways. When Mingyu got to his desk, Minghao didn't even bother to ask why he was going, because Minghao knew. But, Mingyu did ask Minghao to come along.

"Yah, are you crazy?"

"Kind of,"

"I don't want to go, I'd rather stay here," Minghao whined,

"It'll be fun though. Like when us and the boys used to camp," Mingyu rebuttled.

"We didn't "camp", we just slept outside because all of us didn't want to go home." Minghao said.

"Oh... right." 

The two started laughing, but in the end Mingyu ultimately convinced Minghao to come along, something about the Bro Code, or loyalty or whatever.

Meanwhile, Jun made his way to Wonwoo's desk, and sat infront of him like he always used to. Wonwoo was kind of awkward saying hi, but Jun dismissed it, understanding why his bestfriend may feel this way. 

"Hi!" Jun said, and Wonwoo smiled.

"So, we're sitting beside each other on this bus to this trip, right?" Jun said,

and Wonwoo took some time before he nodded. Jun smiled at that action, and then said,

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Jun asked, carefully.

"Sure" Wonwoo said, and the two got up from their seats. They made their way out of the class, receiving a look from Mingyu as he watched the couple leave. The duo got out to the hall, and were standing face to face which made Wonwoo's heart race, as he was nervous.

"I just wanted to apologize..." Jun said, guilt in his voice

"For blaming Mingyu, for not listening to you... for kissing you." he said. Wonwoo blushed at the subject.

Wonwoo lowly said,

"It's okay...", followed by an uncomfortable silence.

"So, yeah... And also, I just wanted to warn you."

"Pardon?" Wonwoo said, and tilted his head in confusion

Jun laughed,

"You really don't realize it, do you?" and Wonwoo remained confused, "Whatever, you'll find out... But starting from now, I'll defintely be trying my hardest. So, be prepared."

Then Jun returned to class, leaving Wonwoo puzzled out in the hall. The bell for second period rang, awakening Wonwoo from his thoughts, and he quickly rushed back into class. The first half of the day went by quickly, but Wonwoo laughed at the way Mingyu kind of struggled at the subjects he was never there for. But surprisingly, Mingyu understood and grasped things very quickly, and he was smart, too. This made Wonwoo wonder why he never came to class.. If Mingyu did start coming to class, maybe he would be Class Pres. During lunch, Mingyu went to Minghao's desk, and the two got up and left the class, leaving Wonwoo and Jun to converse awkwardly. However, as lunch went by they reverted back to their usual stupid jokes, and it was like that incident never happened. Wonwoo missed having Jun by his side, and he agreed with himself that he wouldn't treat Jun differently just because he was aware of his feelings. After lunch was Science, which Minghao and Mingyu entered into class late, both laughing and out of breath. They bowed, and went back to their desks, and Wonwoo asked Mingyu,

"Where were you guys?"

"Places." Mingyu said, still catching his breath with a smile on his face

"At the base?" Wonwoo assumed, and Mingyu nodded.

"Why were you late?"

"Sorry, Mom." Mingyu joked at the attack of questions.

"Since the rest of the guys actually go to school, we meet up there during lunch." he explained,

"Ah~, I see." Wonwoo said as he nodded, and continued copying the notes on the board. 

The next day, all of the students brought their trip form in, even Mingyu, and Minghao. When Minghao handed in his form, he gave Mingyu a nasty look and Mingyu smiled cutely at him, making Minghao fake gag. The duo gave eachother a handshake as Minghao made his way back to his desk. Jun also handed in his form, and looked at Wonwoo who was smiling at him, and smiled back.

 

Then, the day of the trip came. All the senior students were gathered at the front gate, in little groups of their friends. They all had one or two backpacks, it was mainly the girls who had two. Jun and Wonwoo had their bags on their back, and were talking to each other. They weren't in uniform, so everyone was in their usual casual clothes. The duo was talking when girls started whispering, and a little bit of screaming happened. Turns out, Mingyu and Minghao are freaking attractive when out of uniform, and made the girls start talking. They walked through the front gate together, and they were talking, but after hearing the girls, Mingyu rolled his eyes and just looked straight ahead, while Minghao was winking and waving.

"Stop that," Mingyu said as he slapped Minghao's hand, a bit embarrassed.

"Why~. I feel like a celebrity!" he said, as he pushed Mingyu and the two started laughing.

Minghao was wearing black jeans, and an Off White shirt, along with a white sweater tied around his waist. He had a black Nike bag to his side, and was walking comfortably in Vans. Mingyu had a sling Adidas bag around his right shoulder, that was resting on his left side. He wore ripped dark washed jeans, and Vans. He wore a simple white top along with a dark jacket, and when Wonwoo saw the jacket, he remembered what he had in his bag.

"Mingyu-ah!" Wonwoo called out, catching the taller's attention. Along with Minghao, he started walking towards Wonwoo,

"Yeah?" he said.

Wonwoo then took his bag off, and ped it, revealing a jacket folded nicely in on top of whatever else was packed in his bag. He took it out, and handed it to Mingyu, and took it in his hands, and looked at Wonwoo.

"I forgot to give it back.", the shorter said.

Minghao looked at the jacket, then at Mingyu who was keeping a straight face, and he smiled, nudging Mingyu in the side.

"Thanks.", and he placed it in his bag. The 4 stood together, as they waited for their teachers to come out, and tell them to start loading the bus. When the teachers finally came out, they did a rollcall and began loading the bus. Minghao and Mingyu sat together, and obviously Jun and Wonwoo did the same. The delinquent duo ended up sitting right behind Wonwoo and Jun. And thus, at 7AM, began a long 3 hour bus ride to their camping grounds. On the bus, the Vice Principal who would be supervising their trip explained that they would be doing camp things, but end up staying at a lodge in rooms at night. The majority of the students were excited about the news.

"Yah, remember when we tried to pitch a tent?" Wonwoo heard Minghao ask Mingyu. The latter started laughing in reply,

"Dude, we broke the supporting stick thingys" Mingyu replied, and Minghao started laughing too.

"Okay, but it wouldn't have worked out anyway. There was 11 of us, and 1 tent.", the bubblegum hair boy replied.

Wonwoo was entertained with their conversation, and then Jun started their own.

"Wonwoo-ah. Remember when we went camping with our families, and we caught that huge fish?" 

"What do you mean "we", I caught it! You were scared of the worm bait." Wonwoo argued, and the duo began laughing at their old memories. 

The Vice continued on talking about the rules and expectations on this trip, and said that they would be rooming with 3-4 people each. Finally, after 3 hours, they arrived. Mingyu was sleeping, leaning on Minghao's shoulder who was also sleeping, but leaning on the window. Wonwoo woke them up, before they were left on the bus. All the seniors unloaded the bus, and said thank you to their driver on their way off. They arrived at the lodge at 10AM to drop off their luggage. After organizing the students, the teachers proceeded to assign rooms and room mates. 

"In room 134, students Jeon Wonwoo, Wen Junhui," the 2 bestfriends looked at eachother, and high-fived in excitement. "And Xu Minghao, and Kim Mingyu.", he announced the last 2 members of the room.

Jun's smile quickly turned into a frown when he heard that he would be sharing a room with Mingyu. Mingyu and Minghao looked at each other, and smiled. Then, Mingyu looked at Wonwoo who was wearing a surprised expression. He smirked, then made eye contact with Jun. 

The 4 teens made their way to their room, and all agreed that Wonwoo should keep the key considering he was the most responsible and organized. The entered the room, and dropped off their bags. The room was nice, and relatively big. The bathroom was also clean, and they could adjust the temperature. The only problem, or "issue" was that there was only 2 beds. Now, normally it would be Minghao and Mingyu, Wonwoo and Jun, no problem. But, Wonwoo was still kind of uncomfortable with Jun, and Jun realized that, and didn't push himself on him and didn't ask. So, the 4 just put down their bags, and made their way to the front of the lodge, and left the bed problem for later tonight when they actually have to sleep. They got to the front of lodge where the teachers were explaining what activities were going to be taking place that night. They announced that a school was present with them, and may interact with some students during the activities. The schedule was, Hike and Scavenger Hunt, Trust Tests, Fishing, and at the end of the night, a big BBQ and campfire. Since they were seniors, the teachers were nice and made their curfew midnight. They also said they wouldn't be present at the BBQ, but would look at the situation from time to time, just incase anything happened. After a long explanation, one of the teachers dispatched with the students and lead them to the vast forest behind the lodge. 

"Okay! So, amongst these trees are hidden items. Your team is your roommates! Each team will receive a piece of paper with the items you guys are to find and return back to the lodge! Now, each team has a walky-talky, just incase things go wrong, you guys can contact us," he said referring to the staff and teachers.

Then, the 10 teams set out on their hike/scavenger hunt. Jun, Wonwoo, Mingyu and Minghao were walking ahead, and behind them were the 9 remaining teams. But, before they could get very far, someone bumped into their group. It was a teenager who looked about the same age, but was wearing a different uniform. He was a big, muscular boy, but he had a scar on his face, which made him look even scarier than he already did. Behind him were more scary looking guys, to which Wonwoo was going to bow and apologize to, but then he spoke

"Yah... Look what we have here.", he said and Wonwoo looked up from his bowing position in confusion. Then, Minghao and Mingyu stepped forward, shielding Jun and Wonwoo. The confrontation caused the study body behind them to start buzzing with gossip. 

The scary man infront of them smirked,

"Long time no see, Minghao. Mingyu."

Wonwoo inspected the guy who was talking to his team mates. "Kirin Highschool" the tag on his uniform said.

"Ah~. Minghao's old school?" Wonwoo thought to himself.

"Hae Sungwon." Mingyu stated, his voice in a serious tone.

"You remember me. How flattering, Mingyu-ah."

Mingyu dismissed the comment, but stayed firm infront of Wonwoo and Jun.

"Minghao-ah. Remember me?", Sungwon traced his scar with his finger, "Because I remember you."

Minghao smiled evilly, and then the student body got noisy again. Wonwoo and Jun looked at each other with slightly horrified faces.

"Yah, yah. Did Minghao do that to him?" the students whispered amongst themselves. 

"Ofcourse I remember you.", the bubblegum haired boy said. 

"I don't think so.. Minghao-oppa is too cute to hurt someone, right?" the girls gossiped to one another. 

"Yah~, as expected. You know, you left me with quite some pain, eh?", Sungwon said, and a sinister smile crept on his face, and started walking closer to the duo. They didn't back down, in fact, Minghao stepped forward, and was now confronting the fellow delinquent face to face. 

"I know.", and Minghao was overcome with anger as he gritted his teeth, "and I would do it all again."

Sungwon scoffed and swung at Minghao, who didn't even flinch. But, his fist was stopped by Mingyu.

"Yah, yah. Let's not do this infront of the kids." Mingyu said, and looked at the crowd of students who were further away than they originally were, most likely out of fear, and for good reason.

Sungwon laughed, and put down his fist and then looked behind Mingyu and Minghao to see what they were protecting. He made eye contact with Wonwoo, who quickly looked away in fear. 

"He's good lookin'," the thug said. Mingyu looked behind him, and saw Wonwoo's scared expression.

"I would make him mine.", and the previously collected Mingyu started to get upset. The latter gave Sungwon a death stare, and still he dared to say,

"Just like Seokmin.... I would take him.", and then Mingyu lost it. He grabbed Sungwon by the collar and lifted him off the ground, and started walking, slamming the floating delinquent's back on a tree. Sungwon's gang approached Mingyu, but was stopped by Minghao who knocked them out with a single punch each. Screams and gasps came from the students that were watching, while some fled fearing a fight was about to break out. Mingyu looked Sungwon in the eyes,

"If you so much as lay a finger on him... I will kill you. And, that's a promise." Mingyu said through his teeth as he was furious. Minghao had to tug at the latter's arms to get him to let Sungwon go. He did so, and Sungwon landed on the ground, amongst his unconscious groupies. 

"Looks like you both still got it," he said, referring to their strength and fighting ability.

Minghao and Mingyu both walked away, returning to Wonwoo and Jun who were watching in horror. 

"You should know more than anyone, Mingyu-ah... That pretty boy of yours is in danger." and Mingyu furrowed his brows, and squinted his eyes at the words, but continued walking. Minghao and Mingyu rejoined their group, and Minghao put on his previous smile. Wonwoo and Jun looked at the duo, surprised, and amazed that Minghao could have such a scary side. Mingyu, however, remained upset by the encounter, and didn't walk at the same pace as the 3 of them.

"Just give him some time, he'll get over it in like 7 minutes, tops." Minghao assured the concerned Wonwoo, and even ever so slightly worried Jun. And, eventually, Mingyu rejoined their group and actually helped with the scavenger hunt. Then, being curious and concerned, Wonwoo asked,

"Won't you get in trouble?"

"For what?" Wonwoo and Jun gave Minghao a puzzled look

"Ah~. For beating them up? Nope, I doubt it." he said, scanning the floor for their 1 missing item.

"Yeah, they won't tell on us." Mingyu added.

"How can you be so sure?" Jun joined in the conversation.

"Well, think about it this way. They're kind of like us, just we're not as bad... And, they're guys, so they have high pride, or whatever."

"And so, since they're so self righteous, they won't admit to being beat up by us."

"Yeah, I'm still with Jun.. How can you guys be so sure?" Wonwoo asked. 

Minghao and Mingyu both groaned and rolled their eyes. 

"Okay."  Minghao said, taking the responsibility of explaining before Mingyu could say something mean.

"So, they're probably the top delinquents at Kirin, well ever since the guys and I left. So, if word got around their school that they were beaten, then their power or fearful image would be totally ruined. Get it?" Minghao dumbed the explanation down.

"Ah~" Wonwoo and Jun said in unison and nodded their heads.

"Jesus Christ," Mingyu said as he rolled his eyes. Minghao started laughing, and the 4 resumed looking for the last missing thing on their list. They had already found the compass, stopwatch, whistle, and now all that was left was the tedious task of finding a small pocket flashlight. After about 1 hour, they finally found the flashlight, and the quartet made their way back to the lodge. They were all tired of all the walking, and their backs hurt from all the bending down to search the ground. So, when they finally arrived at the lodge, the 4 collapsed, complaining about being tired. They were happy that they weren't the last team to arrive, and that they could rest a bit as they waited for everyone. By 12 noon, all 40 senior students were gathered at the lodge, and quickly made their way to their second activity. Trust exercises. Now, although Mingyu was tough and dangerous, he had 1 major weakness. Heights. Minghao was aware of that, and started laughing when they got to the exercise grounds. The group was surrounded by insanely tall trees, and there were bridges, ziplines and various cords suspended in the air, connecting the trees. Mingyu looked up in fear, and swallowed hard. Minghao started laughing, and tears were coming out of his eyes seeing his friend in such a pathetic state. Jun started laughing with Minghao, while Wonwoo stared at the terrified latter with awe. 

"So, there actually is something that scares you..." Wonwoo said, and got a glare from Mingyu. The Class Pres. started laughing with the other 2, and Mingyu just closed his eyes, resisting the urge to punch all 3 of them in the face. 

The instructor informed the group that they would start off with the bridges, and would be going with their teams. But, it wouldn't be that simple, this was a trust building exercise afterall. With each member taking turns, they would cross the bridge blind folded, guided by another member. Mingyu wanted to die at this point, he didn't trust anyone that much on their team. Wonwoo was odd, Minghao would probably push him off for fun, and Jun hates him, Mingyu thought as he wondered about who would guide him. Since there were multiple bridges, their team could begin right away. On the way up, Minghao kept tugging at Mingyu's pants saying,

"Oh! Watch out, you're gonna fall.", to which Mingyu would kick his annoying friend. 

When they made it to the platform, they played a game of rock, paper, scissors to determine who would go first. And ofcourse, Mingyu was up first. The tall boy sighed, and closed his eyes as he regretfully put on the blindfold. Underneath the bridges, were nets just incase anything happened, but that didn't make Mingyu feel any better. When he put on the blindfold, he stood back on the platform, and waited for the member that was guiding him to get on the bridge first. Minghao was the one who told him to start walking, so Mingyu was relieved it wasn't his friend. But that left 2 possibilities, and he preferred one over the other. The bridge was made of wood and wire, and swung in the wind. Mingyu took a step on the bridge and immediately wanted to get off. He was unsteady, but was encouraged by two voices behind him to keep walking. He continued walking, and he could feel someone's presence in front of him, but they weren't in physical contact. The latter just continued walking until he felt the bridge sway, and he let out a manly scream, fearing he was going to fall. Suddenly two hands firmly, yet gently grasped his flailing arms, and the familiar voice of the Class President said,

"It's okay. I'm here."

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

YOOO! It's Friday, so here's another update. c: Are you guys liking the story so far? You may know this, but I started this story randomly, so I'm just winging it. LOL xD but yehh.. I hope you liked this chapter, and I PROMISE to update soon, since I almost always end my chapters with a cliffhanger? LOL but yeah! Subscribe, comment, upvote & whateverrr. Thanks for all of you who subscribed and keep commenting, and those of you who read my updates and these author notes. ^_^ AND OML WE'RE ALMOST AT 1k VIEWS GUYS. Love u guys, and I'll see you soon. <3 < i don't have heart emojis, sorry for the ghetto version. PEACE! - Zen.