Saturday

Polar.

       The night ended, and the lights that once glowed against the backdrop of the dark sky, illuminating the festival, were now being taken down and turned off. After cleaning up their booth, Minghao and Jun said they were going to walk home, and Mingyu smirked at the blue haired boy and Minghao scrunched his nose in response. Jaesuk was completely ignored by the 4 boys, and eventually went somewhere with some other guy that no one else had seen until that night. Mingyu and Wonwoo were walking together, fingers intertwined, and the shorter resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. They were taking their time walking, enjoying and savouring one another's company. It's been a while since they've walked like this, talked like this, or even seen each other. As they were walking, Mingyu kept pointing at the vast night sky that displayed a gorgeous blend of nebulas and stars, some shined brighter than other, but Mingyu didn't miss explaining or pointing out the white spots that illuminated in the sky. Mingyu looked at the sky with such passion in his eyes, and Wonwoo thought,

"I wish you looked at me like that."

Mingyu decided to walk Wonwoo home, considering it was already late and dark outside, and he wanted to stay with him a little longer. As they were walking, Wonwoo started to feel a bit sad as they drew closer to his house, purposely slowing down and shortening their steps to stall time. When they got to Wonwoo's front porch, the light outside was still on, probably waiting for Wonwoo to return him. Wonwoo turned around, now face to face with the handsome boyfriend that he had sincerely missed for a week. Mingyu just smiled sweetly, staring into the shorter's dark eyes. Mingyu reflected on their first real serious fight of their relationship. He told himself that it was a mistake to be so stupid, that he should've listened to his boyfriend's story before assuming and believing anything else. While sharing intimate, and much needed eye contact with his boyfriend, Wonwoo thought about the whole thing too. He told himself that since Mingyu's always initiates the interactoin between them, it was easy to think that Wonwoo didn't have serious feelings for him. So, his resolution was to get ride of that doubt, and to let his boyfriend know for sure, his true feelings. The two were just staring in each other's eyes, both slightly smiling, no words were spoken or needed. Then, Wonwoo tip toed slightly, and tilted his head up, closing his eyes as he kissed his boyfriend. This took Mingyu by pleasant surprise, and he closed his eyes, kissing him back sincerely. The kiss wasn't short, but it wasn't long, it was just enough time to reaffirm all the feelings they had for each other, and dissipate all their worries and doubts. Mingyu smiled halfway into the kiss, making Wonwoo smile too, and the two just stood there, their noses and foreheads touching. Wonwoo's arms around Mingyu's neck, while the taller had his arms around the thin waist of his boyfriend. It was almost comical how just as soon as they stopped kissing, the front door opened revealing a small Mrs. Jeon who was already in a bed robe, and had a towel wrapped around her damp hair. 

"Wonwoo, honey!"

She said while waving her son in. He looked at Mingyu and smiled, gave a smile wave and made his way towards the front door.

"Good evening, Mrs. Jeon." Mingyu said with a dashing smile while bowing.

"Oh, Mingyu-ah! Thank you for always walking Wonwoo home... And, call me Mom!" she said

Mingyu laughed awkwardly at the thought of calling her mom and just said,

"Okay," then was going to walk away

"Stay longer next time! Good night, sweetie!" Mrs. Jeon replied. 

"Will do! Good night.", he looked at his boyfriend,

"See you soon, Wonwoo-ah." then gave him a cute smile that made Wonwoo want to slap him.

Mingyu started walking home, his long cardigan flowing along with the wind. 

Mrs. Jeon and her son walked into the foyer after closing the door, and Wonwoo was taking off his shoes. He hadn't eaten an actual meal yet, so he walked into the kitchen, opening the black fridge and examining its contents. Mrs. Jeon followed him into the kitchen and sat on the bar stools as she watched her son fabricate a simple sandwich for himself. She sat, leaning on the island with chin in the palm of her hand. 

"So~, Wonwoo... How was the fair?" she said while smiling.

Wonwoo was about to take a bite out of his food when he smiled while thinking about the events that had taken place that night.

"It was fun,"

She smiled at the response of her love-sick son.

"Did Mingyu have fun?"

Wonwoo just nodded.

"Wonwoo-ah... How long are you going to hide it from me?"

Wonwoo looked up from his meal that he was enjoying thoroughly, and made a confused slightly nervous face at his mom. She rolled her eyes,

"Honey, I just want you to know that your Dad and I support you, all the way. As long as you're happy, we will encourage you 100%."

"Mom, stop being weird." Wonwoo said and he just continued eating his sandwich.

She gave up, and just decided to go to bed. She kissed her son goodnight on the forehead and as she did said,

"You got yourself a very good looking boyfriend."

Then she quickly ran for the stairs and up, and Wonwoo couldn't say anything as she snickered up the stairs, and made her way to the Master Bedroom. Wonwoo stood alone in the kitchen staring at his sandwich. A smile crept on his face, and he started laughing to himself as he thought about his Mom's cute actions. 

The weekend went by as follows; Saturday morning finishing assignments and studying to free himself up for the weekend. Saturday afternoon and night was spent in the living room watching anime and Netflix with his boyfriend's lap and sometimes shoulder as pillows. Mingyu ended up staying for dinner on Saturday, and sat beside Wonwoo, infront of Mr. and Mrs. Jeon. The dinner consisted of nothing too fancy, just some roast beef with veggies on the side, but was delicious nonetheless. They were all talking to each other, and honestly, Mingyu felt comfortable and happy being welcomed in his boyfriend's home. However, he didn't know if Wonwoo had told them yet, which he hadn't, but his parents knew their son all too well, and indirectly brought up the subject themselves,

"Mingyu-ah, are you and Wonwoo close?"

Before Mingyu could answer, Mrs. Jeon answered her husband's question,

"Ofcourse they are! Wonwoo's never brought anyone over except Jun. I was surprised when Mingyu came."

Wonwoo looked at his parents, suspicion on his face, wondering what kind of conversation was about to take place.

"I'm surprised someone as handsome as yourself doesn't have a girlfriend, let alone hangs out with my awkward son." Mrs. Jeon said, making Mingyu chuckled and Wonwoo blush,

"He's only awkward when he just meets someone. But other than that, I think he's a great person." Mingyu said while taking a sip from his soda.

Wonwoo blushed ever so slightly and said,

"Thank you, Mingyu." then he looked at his parents, "See, I'm not that awkward." he declared while stabbing his fork into a baked potato wedge and shoving it in his mouth, exaggerating his upset feeling. Mingyu just laughed lowly, and smiled at his boyfriend. 

"Mingyu-ah, you don't have a girlfriend?"

Wonwoo also choked on the potato wedge of the possibility, and Mingyu answered calmly,

"No, sir. But, I do have someone I like.", receiving a smile and laugh from Mr. Jeon.

"No need to be so formal, I said, just call me Dad, or Minsung, which ever floats your boat."

"If you do that, call me Mom or Narin," Wonwoo's mom added, and Wonwoo slapped his forehead, embarrassed.

"Ah- yes, it'll take me a while to get used to it." 

"So! Mingyu-ah. Who is this person that you like?"

Mingyu thought for a bit, and Wonwoo looked at him a couple times, to which Mingyu kept his gaze straight ahead trying not to make things too obvious to the Class Pres.'s parents. 

"Mmm.. Well, this person is great. They make me feel really happy, and calm... Their eyes when they smile is the cutest thing, and his teeth are perfect."

"Oh, it's a boy." Narin said, already knowing who it was, let alone the gender. And Minsung decided to act with her, giving a fake surprised face.

"Yes... Are you guys okay with that, or do you...." Mingyu's question trailed off.

"No, we don't mind! Love is love." Minsung said,

"Okay, so about this person.." Narin prompted the continuation of the description, seeing how Mingyu would describe their son.

"He's insanely smart, but he's kind of dumb, as he didn't realize my feelings until recently. He's handsome, cute, shorter than me so it's really easy to hug him." Mingyu described his boyfriend with a cute smile on his face. 

"Awe~" Narin said, as if talking to a daughter about her crush,

"Wonwoo-ah, isn't your boyfriend sweet?"

Wonwoo almost choked on his food, and Mingyu began coughing on the soda that he was about to take a sip of. 

"Mom!", Wonwoo managed to yell out after finally swallowing the bite of food.

"What?! Don't get mad at me when you didn't introduce your boyfriend at dinner." his mom said, defensively.

"Did you have to tell Dad too?!" Wonwoo replied, pointing at his father across the table.

"Honey, he knew before I could even talk to him about it."

And Minsung nodded in agreement with Narin. Then the dinner table became awkward with silence, Mingyu found the whole thing amusing, but contained his giggles for the sake of his embarrassed boyfriend. 

"How could we not find out. You didn't even look at Jun with those eyes, Wonwoo-ah."

"Sto~p" Wonwoo whined covering his face with his hands as it became incredibly red.

"Mingyu-ah," Narin said with a proud smile on her face,

"Take care of our Wonwoo, okay?", and Mingyu just nodded while smiling. 

"So, son. Thank you for staying for dinner," Minsung said

"Thank you for having me,"

"Would you like to reintroduce yourself?" Minsung added.

Mingyu smiled handsomely, and said

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon. I'm Wonwoo's boyfriend, Kim Mingyu." 

Wonwoo's parents smiled happily and started laughing along with Mingyu while Wonwoo burried his face in his hands, wanting to just melt away from the table. Mingyu saw his boyfriend's actions and decided to tease, and used a nickname for the first time,

"Babe~" he said in a cute tone.

Wonwoo hit his boyfriend in the arm, and the rest of the night continued with Wonwoo wishing that this was all a dream. It's not that we was ashamed about dating Mingyu, Hell, he would brag about a boyfriend so handsome and amazing. But, now he knew that his mom would be up in his business, which he would rather her not, and even his dad would probably give looks and nudges whenever Wonwoo said he would be hanging out with Mingyu. His parents were cool, and lame at the same time in that matter. When Mingyu finally said he was going, the whole Jeon family walked him to the front door. 

Mingyu bowed and said, 

"Thank you for having me tonight, Mom & Dad."

and Narin smiled at the names, grabbed Mingyu and kissed him lovingly on the cheek, making Mingyu laugh.

"You be good to Wonwoo, okay?"

"I promise," Mingyu replied to Minsung

"Oh! And, he'll probably be all weird and shy, you're his first boyfriend-"

"Oka~y! Mingyu, I'll walk you to the end of the street!"

Wonwoo said, quickly grabbing his boyfriends wrist and guiding him out the door, away from his embarrassing parents. The two were walking, and as soon as they got outside Wonwoo sighed, rubbing his face with frustration. Mingyu started chuckling,

"I think they like me." he said, trying to brighten up the mood. Wonwoo laughed and said,

"Well, yeah. I'm glad they do, but now they're going to tease me about you~" Wonwoo whined again. Mingyu smiled at the cute side of his boyfriend that was being revealed.

"That'll be cute. FaceTime me when they do so I can hear it, okay?" he joked around.

Wonwoo hit him in the arm again, while laughing

"And you!", 

"What~?" Mingyu said in a whining tone, mocking the Class Pres.

"Why'd you have to call me 'babe', you never have before!" Wonwoo said, as if blaming Mingyu for the teasing from his parents. 

"Yah, why? Do you not like it?"

Wonwoo shook his head, and cutely said,

"I do."

Mingyu laughed at his boyfriend's reaction and wrapped his arms around him as they continued walking.

"Then don't complain."

"But it was so cheesy~~" Wonwoo continued whining. 

"Stop whining, babe" Mingyu teased,

"Yah, seriously. Stop teasing me too,"

"What'll you do about it, hmm?" Mingyu provoked, raising his eyebrows and sticking out his tongue slightly to mock his boyfriend. Wonwoo just scrunched his face as he mouthed what his boyfriend had said. Mingyu started laughing, and once again took Wonwoo back in his arms. Wonwoo crossed his arms and put on a fake pout, as he walked comfortably in his tall lover's arms. They got to the end of the street, and Wonwoo turned around, still in Mingyu's arms, and faced his boyfriend.

"Good night!" Wonwo said with a smile, looking up at Mingyu. Mingyu looked down and smiled, appreciating Wonwoo's smile, face, his existence in his arms. He kissed hims sweetly on the forehead, nose, and lastly a quick peck on the lips, and wrapped his arms. 

"Good night!" 

Wonwoo stood there, stunned, a warm feeling creeping up on his face, and his heart. He loved and hated the way Mingyu treated him. He loved how sweet he was, how caring, gentle and affectionate he was. But at the same time, Wonwoo hated the way he felt like he was falling too hard for him, they way he wanted Mingyu to say 'I love you' first. He loved and hated how cute Mingyu could be, and how he . He was kind of amazed at the way someone could make him feel completely opposite emotions, yet everytime he saw him, make Wonwoo fall in love all over again. 

"Text me when you get home!" Wonwoo said as Mingyu turned to walk home.

"I'll call you!" Mingyu replied as he got further away. Waving to Wonwoo, who was waving back, his sleeves too long for his actual arm, and covered up the hand he was moving back and forth. 

"Bye~"

Wonwoo stayed at the corner of the curb, waiting for Mingyu to be fully out of sight before he went back home. Mingyu looked back multiple times and smiled each time he saw that Wonwoo was still there,

"He shouldn't be worried about me... He should get home, it's already dark." he thought to himself, but still smiling at the caring act of the Class Pres.

Wonwoo got home safely, as it was only a street long walk and his eyes rolled back in his head as he entered the home, and saw his mom waiting on the couch. He groaned and dragged himself into the house, hopefully to just go straight upstairs and ignore his mom, not wanting to deal with her 'gossip' talk. But, that failed.

"Isn't Mingyu the sweetest, Wonwoo-ah?"

"Mom, he's my boyfriend, so if you could just calm down, that'd be great,"

Narin's eyes saddened and she squished Wonwoo's face,

"Awe~"

Wonwoo tried to get his Mom's hands off him,

"Look at my little baby. Calling Mingyu his boyfriend~"

Although his face was destorted, Wonwoo managed to roll his eyes at his mom's excitement, and escaped her grasp. He quickly ran up the stairs, just yelling

"Good night, Mom!", before she could say anything else.

Wonwoo entered his room, and closed the door behind him, and leaned his back against it. Sighing in relief of being free from his mom. I mean, I guess it was nice knowing that his parents fully supported them and their relationship, but Wonwoo felt like he was being suffocated by his mom's excitement. He flopped on his bed, tired yet content with today's events. He was wide awake, and just staring at the plain ceiling above him. when he heard his ringtone. He looked at the white iPhone that was displaying a call from Mingyu, and he answered only after 2 rings,

"Hi!"

"Hey," the voice on the other line said.

"Did you get home safely?" Wonwoo asked while rolling his body over to lean on his side.

"Yeah." Mingyu answered, "Thanks for having me over today. Tell your parents the same."

"Will do," Wonwoo said. 

The night went on with the 2 of them on the phone for hours. By the time Narin went to Wonwoo's room to say goodnight, and check if he was sleeping, she entered the room silenty and smiled at the sight of Wonwoo laying in bed with his phone to his ear, laughing and smiling at the conversation he was having. She tip toed out of the room, making sure not to disturb the conversation, and went to bed with Minsung.

The call was at it's 4th hour, and Wonwoo was starting to feel slightly tired, but he noticed that Mingyu was more tired. The words he was saying began losing life, and Wonwoo heard the raspiness similiar to what he heard during a morning phonecall. So, the conversation died down, but neither hung up until Wonwoo heard soft snoring coming from the other line. He smiled at his boyfriend's cute little snore, and quietly whispered

"Good night,"

Into the phone, and proceeded to end their call. Wonwoo laid in his bed, and went to bed thinking, 

"Today was a good Saturday." 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

filler chapter, because I accidentally made the dinner too long and so CH. 15 will contain the content that was originally supposed to be in this chapter. CH. 15 will be up tomorrow so please look forward to that! IK this chapter was boring, I'm sorry TT_TT don't h8 me pls ily guise. < LOL Basically; I needed the parent dinner thing to happen, but that took up too many words for me to make CH. 15's plot happen. so, I'm sorry for that. anyway; comment, upvote, subscribe & whateverrrr. LOL; srsly tho, comment your thoughts so far (SORRY IT WAS BORING) and subscribe to keep updated! I love you guys, I'll see you tomorrow. Until then, PEACE. - Zen.