Christmas

Polar.

           Wonwoo stared down at his boyfriend who was smiling stupidly back, holding out the bouquet and teddy bear. The Class President was stunned, and didn't necessarily accept the presents right away. Mingyu stood outside the door, looking at his boyfriend. The taller was wearing a cute little Santa hat on his head, and just smiled at his boyfriend.

"Wonwoo-ah! Close the door, it's cold! Who is it?" Narin said as she got up from the living room and went to her son, slightly scared to find out what was taking him so long. She was pleasantly surprised when she saw Mingyu outside,

"Oh Mingyu-ah! Come in, it's cold!" Narin said. She hit Wonwoo in the arm,

"Why are you letting your boyfriend freeze out in the cold?" she said, waking Wonwoo up from his thoughts. Narin ushered Mingyu in, and he bowed and walked into the familiar Jeon home. 

Wonwoo quickly closed the door after his boyfriend came inside. Narin quickly dragged Mingyu into the living room, giving him barely enough time to remove his shoes. 

"Oh! Mingyu-ah, what brings you here?" 

Minsung said as he got up from the couch and went to give Mingyu a hug, which he flinched at, but just slightly, then he embraced Mr. Jeon. Wonwoo was still confused at the whole situation, and he squinted his eyes and tilted his head to show it. Mingyu turned and looked at him, then once againt tried offering the first of many gifts of the day,

"Merry Christmas."

The taller repeated, and this time Wonwoo took the items in his hands and hugged his boyfriend, a huge sincere smile on his face.

"Merry Christmas.", he replied.

Narin smiled at the cute scene displayed infront of her and she hit Minsung in the arm furiously, causing him to rub his bicep in stinging pain. 

"Sorry to come so late, I just wanted to deliver the first set of presents to Wonwoo," Mingyu said when he turned to face Minsung and Narin,

"Oh, no, don't apologize! It's nice to have you here, Honey." Narin assured and Mingyu smiled.

"Why don't you stay over, sleep after presents and food, then later on today you and Wonwoo can do your little thing?" Minsung suggested, and Narin nodded in approval.

"I-is that fine with you?" Mingyu asked, unsure if they really meant their invitation.

"Ofcourse!" Narin said enthusiastically. 

"Then, if you don't mind, I'll be staying here tonight." Mingyu said, and looked at Wonwoo who was blushing. 

"Great! Now, let's open the presents, it's already past midnight." Narin said, and gestured everyone to gather around the Christmas tree.

Wonwoo was holding the presents from his boyfriend close to his chest, and asked,

"Do you have a job?"

"Nope" Mingyu said as he took a sip of hot chocolate that Minsung had given him.

"So then, how'd you get these?" Wonwoo asked, looking at the bouquet and bear.

"I stole them."

Wonwoo quickly whipped his head to look at his boyfriend, considering his reputation and past 'activities', there was a high chance that what he said was true.

"I'm just kidding," Mingyu said chuckling, "I had a job in the summer, so I had some money."

Wonwoo looked at him with fake suspicion before he started laughing himself. Narin and Minsung were sitting on the couch, watching their son and his boyfriend sit near the tree.

"Oh! I almost forgot," Mingyu said before pulling out 2 boxes from his coat pocket. He got up and walked towards the Jeon parents, handing each of them a box.

"Merry Christmas," Mingyu said with a smile.

Narin and Minsung looked at eachother, then at the boxes in their hands. They opened them, revealing a nice silver ring for Minsung, and a beautiful silver necklace for the Mrs. They looked at each other again after seeing the beautiful gifts, and immediately tried giving them back to Mingyu, who forced them to accept it.

"You didn't have to, Sweetie." Narin said to Mingyu, who simply replied

"Thank you for allowing me to date your amazing son, and treat me as your own."

Minsung and Narin hugged the tall boy, lovingly. Then, Narin walked up to the Christmas tree, and picked up a present that was wrapped nicely with a red bow on top.

"To; Mingyu" the tag on the gift read, and she handed it accordingly.

"From us!" she said, as she sat back down beside Minsung.

Mingyu smiled as he carefully unwrapped the gift, and his smile grew wider when he finally revealed the contents. It was a soft, white cardigan folded on top of a denim lightwash shirt. He looked up at the Jeon parents and immediately hugged them, in thanks.

"Okay, are you guys doing outdoing my gifts?" Wonwoo said, making everyone in the room laugh, Wonwoo got the presents from underneath the tree and handed them to his parents, 

"It's okay, you're obligated to like mine more, I'm your son.", and Mingyu chuckled,

"Maybe Mingyu's our future son... in law?" Narin said, making the couple blush,

"Mom!", the Class President reprimanded his mom's awkward comment, making Minsung and Narin laugh

The parents opened it revealing a gift card for $200 and a day away at a spa, and they gasped,

"Honey, where did you get the money for this?"

"I worked in the summer too, Mom!", he reminded his mother. 

He hugged his parents lovingly, and then went to the tree and got the present for his boyfriend who was sitting on the carpet smiling at the warm, home-y atmosphere. Wonwoo took a silver wrapped present into his hands, and handed it over to Mingyu. Mingyu put down his hot chocolate and looked at Wonwoo,

"Open it," he said

Mingyu proceeded to carefully and slowly open the present, a cute smile on his face. Wonwoo put his chin in the palm of his hands as he watched the reaction of his boyfriend. Mingyu's head shot up and looked Wonwoo in the eyes, and a childish smile grew across his face as he quickly reached for Wonwoo and pulled him into a tight embrace,

"Thank you!" Mingyu said, making Wonwoo smile too,

"Merry Christmas." Wonwoo said as they released the hug.

Mingyu stared at the box in his hands. The Christmas gift given to him by his boyfriend was a projector. But not just any projector, it was smiliar to the one in the star gazing theater where they had their 'first date'. It displayed the galaxy, and was small enough to fit in his room, and that's exactly where it was going. Wonwoo looked at his boyfriend, content with Mingyu's happiness being shown on his face.

"Awe man, now my presents are gonna be crap compared to this." Mingyu said, making Wonwoo laugh

"What'd you get me?"

"It's a surprise for tomorrow," Mingyu kept him in suspense and wonder.

After telling some previous experiences from Christmas of the past, the family and Mingyu decided it was time to sleep.

"Babe, do you have extra clothes? I didn't really plan on staying here tonight." Mingyu said after pulling Wonwoo aside.

"I don't think they'll fit..." Wonwoo said honestly.

"I only need pants or shorts anyway," Mingyu said. And Wonwoo was reminded that his boyfriend only sleeps shirtless, thus causing blood to rise to his cheeks. flushing them in a rosy pink. 

"Go wait in my room, give me a sec" Wonwoo ordered as he went to his dad, and Mingyu listened and made his way upstairs. He entered the room and stood in the doorway.

"The Hell?"

Displayed in front of him was a room of disarray, clothes everywhere, Wonwoo's bed unmade, cans of Arizona all over the room, his bookshelf a complete wreck. The only thing that was organized was his desk. Mingyu just stared in awe of how his boyfriend could be so disorganized.

"My dad said you could borrow these,"

Wonwoo said as he walked into his room, handing a pair of grey sweatpants to his boyfriend.

"Babe, what the Hell?"

"What? Do you not like the color?" Wonwoo asked, unsure of what his boyfriend was referring to.

"No, the pants are fine but, your room..."

"Oh... Yeah, sorry it's a little messy."

"A little?!" Mingyu scoffed, and walked around the room, while Wonwoo plopped himself on his bed that was in the corner, one side on the wall.

"How is our Class President so messy and disorganized?" Mingyu asked.

"Leave me alone~" Wonwoo whined into the pillow.

Mingyu laughed then proceeded to take off what he was wearing, and Wonwoo quickly looked away.

Mingyu smirked,

"I'm not going full , you know that right?"

"Y-Yeah I know.."

"So why'd you look away like that?" Mingyu asked laughing.

"Because..." Wonwoo couldn't think of a legitimate reason, so he just left the subject, his cheeks blushing furiously

Mingyu slipped into the sweaterpants that fit him perfectly, stopping right at his waist. He took off his shirt, revealing his toned chest and stomach, and Wonwoo sneaked a quick glance. Wonwoo changed into comfortable clothes, and made his way to bed.

"So... Which side do you want?"

"If you want, I can take the floor." Mingyu offered kindly.

"No, it's okay. Just choose a side." Wonwoo assured with a slightly awkward smile. The couple have slept together before, at the base or on a couch, but for some reason Wonwoo was flustered this time.

"I'll take this side," Mingyu said as he positioned himself in the side that was on the wall. Wonwoo followed into bed shortly after and made himself comfortable in the sheets. He felt an arm wrap around his waist and pull him closer to the misfit's shirtless, toned body. Mingyu sweetly kissed the back of his head,

"Good night, babe" 

Wonwoo smiled at the cute nickname,

"Good night."

Then the two fell asleep, cuddling and at peace. Before Wonwoo drifted off, his last thought was,

"No 'I love you', huh?"

The next morning the boys were awakened by Narin,

"Boys~, it's 10, you should get up now." she said sweetly as she gently shook Wonwoo. Wonwoo wiggled his way out of Mingyu's arms, pulling the blanket and revealing part of Mingyu's shirtless chest, and Narin immediately screamed,

"Oh God! Sorry!!"

Wonwoo realized that his mom probably got the wrong idea, and was going to explain but she ran out of the room yelling,

"Make good choices, Honey!"

Wonwoo sighed, closed his eyes and fell back down into the bed, and Mingyu immediately hugged him, and kissed him,

"Merry Christmas," Mingyu said, his voice groggy having just woke up. His voice was raspy, and tired. Wonwoo smiled sweetly at his boyfriend,

"Good morning"

Mingyu smiled, his eyes still closed. After cuddling for a while, the boys finally got up and Mingyu went to the washroom to shower quickly, borrowing a towel from Wonwoo. When Mingyu got out of the washroom, Wonwoo went in and completed his routine. Both of them got changed, Mingyu wearing the new outfit the Jeon parents had gotten him along with black pants he had worn to their place the night before. He look stunning, and so did Wonwoo who wore a black dress shirt that had white collars and cuffs at the end of the three quarter sleeves. He paired it with some black pants, and after the couple was changed and had their hair done, they made their way downstairs for breakfast. They sat down at the already set table, infront of Minsung who was reading the newspaper. Narin came around the table, placing 2 pancakes on each of the 4 plates. Then, she came to the table with a bowl of scrambled eggs, and in her other hand was a bowl of bacon & sausage. She placed them on the table, and then the family and Mingyu commenced eating breakfast. 

"So honey... Did you have a good night?" Narin said, raising her eyebrows implying something that Wonwoo caught the gist of.

"Mom." he said in a stern voice, 

"Oh, honey it's okay. You're 18, it's natural to-"

"Da~d, make her stop!" Wonwoo said as he pointed his fork towards his mom.

Mingyu got the gist of what she was trying to say, and he stepped in,

"Oh, Narin, I think you misunderstand. I would never disrespect Wonwoo like that, so... I just have a habit of sleeping shirtless." 

"Wonwoo-ah... Isn't Mingyu amazing?" Narin said, and Wonwoo just closed his eyes, completely done with his mom, and boyfriend that added fuel to the fire.

"Mom, can we stop?" Wonwoo requested, as Mingyu started laughing as he put a fork of eggs in his mouth.

After breakfast, the couple set out to execute the plans that Mingyu had prepared, and was excited to do. First, they walked around this little town, hand in hand, window shopping. They enjoyed the gentle falling of snow from the sky, as they melted if they touched their skin. Wonwoo was anticipating, but not getting his hopes up and remaining humble. He knew that no matter what it was, as long as it was from Mingyu's heart, then he would love it. The day continued, after they stopped by this little cafe where Mingyu bought the shorter a latte, and got himself one as well. They continued walking, their breaths visible as they drank the hot drinks and exhaled into the cool, crisp air. The couple sat down at a bench, where Mingyu said,

"Okay, babe close your eyes." 

Wonwoo did as he was told, unaware of what to expect. He flinched as he felt cold metal touch his neck, but kept his eyes closed. Mingyu fiddled with the gift and managed to lock it in place, then told Wonwoo to open his eyes. The Class President did, and slowly looked down at his neck, and saw a piece of silver shining in the winter sun. The necklace looked familiar, then he recognized it. It was the same one that Mingyu wore, a silver chain with a silver rang as it's pendant. Wonwoo looked at the necklace and a sincere, big smile spread across his face,

"Do you like it?" Wonwoo could only nod and Mingyu nudged in closer, and took the ring in his hands.

"This ring is really special," he began, "It signifies unity. So, as long as you have this, you'll technically always have me. Okay?" Wonwoo looked at his boyfriend and smiled, before placing a kiss on his lips. Mingyu smiled, and said,

"Okay! There's still more to this day, so let's get moving."

The couple made their way into town, where Mingyu had planned to go to Lotte World, which was surprisingly open. Although he hated heights, he knew that Wonwoo liked rollercoasters, so the taller endured the rides and was satisifed with simply the happiness on Wonwoo's face. They rode plenty of rides, so much that Mingyu started slightly regretting this decision, but that thought was quickly erased everytime Wonwoo smiled. Christmas was a time for joy, and happiness, so that's exactly what Mingyu wanted to deliver to his boyfriend. After a few hours at the amusement park, Mingyu decided that it was time to go home, bringing Wonwoo with him. Wonwoo felt slightly nervous, never being to Mingyu's house before, and only seeing his mom once. He never saw his dad before, and so all these unknowns were making Wonwoo's heart beat a little faster. They couple was walking hand in hand, and stopped at the door of a nice, small home, that Wonwoo presumed was his boyfriend's. Mingyu let go of Wonwoo's hand briefly, and reached into his pocket to get his key. He opened the door, and held it open, gesturing Wonwoo to go inside first. Wonwoo did, hesitantly, and he looked around the foyer and living with a warm happiness in his heart. Mingyu closed the door when the 2 of them was inside and began taking off his shoes, and noticed Wonwoo looking around his house,

"What's wrong, babe?"

"Nothing," he said, a smile on his face, "You have a nice home." 

The Kim home was small, warm and comfy. It was really home-y. In the living room was a Christmas tree, a couch, and a fireplace. The home decor was organized, simple and beautiful. Wonwoo was still looking around when a small body came out of the kitchen, almost scaring Wonwoo. It was Mingyu's mom, which his boyfriend went up to and hugged and kissed.

Wonwoo bowed towards the lady, and signed 

"Merry Christmas, Mrs. Kim. I'm Wonwoo." 

It was slow, but he managed to sign all of it. He asked Mingyu to teach him this phrase on the way to his house, and he was surprised he actually remembered it. Mrs. Kim smiled sweetly, and signed back,

"Merry Christmas, Wonwoo."

And from there, Mingyu took over. He basically told his mom that the couple would be upstairs in his room for a while, and they'd come down later for food. Then, Mingyu took Wonwoo by the wrist and pulled him upstairs, into his room. In complete contrast to Wonwoo's, Mingyu's room was neat, organized and clean. His made made perfectly, and his room was so nice that Wonwoo thought if he touched anything, Mingyu would freak. But, Mingyu lead Wonwoo to sit on his bed, where they laid down and cuddled. 

"Wonwoo-ah, I have something for you."

Wonwoo felt like he was getting spoiled, first the teddy bear and roses, then the necklace. He was content with just that, and yet his boyfriend continued to give him gifts as if he had missed a couple of birthdays. Mingyu unwrapped his arms around Wonwoo, and got up, and handed him a poster that was blank on one side, but had something on the other. He gave it to him with the blank side facing Wonwoo. The Class President took it in his hands, and turned it around, curious as to what was on the other side. When he did, a smile immediately took over his face,

"Do you like it?" Mingyu asked, smiling himself. Wonwoo just nodded as he continued to look at the poster.

On the poster was a collage of Mingyu and Wonwoo. Wonwoo recognized most of the pictures, considering they were from days where they hung out, but Wonwoo was never looking at the camera. Mingyu took selfies with Wonwoo in the background, as the taller held a sticky note that said 'I love you' in each picture. Wonwoo started chuckling at the pictures. He looked up at Mingyu, who was smiling too. The taller took Wonwoo's face in his hands, and kissed him on the lips, passionately.

"Jeon Wonwoo. I love you." 

Wonwoo smiled even more, 

"I love you too."

They went back to cuddling, and Mingyu started laughing at himself,

"Kind of a cheesy present, huh?"

Wonwoo just nodded, agreeing, even though he loved this present the most. He wondered if Jun had told him, but honestly believed that his bestfriend wouldn't do it. 

After hanging out at Mingyu's house for a bit, the couple went out for a simple dinner, since all the fancy restaurants were fully booked on Christmas day. Wonwoo didn't mind though. He liked being with Mingyu, and that's all that mattered. This Christmas was special. 

It was already evening, and the sun had set, the night sky and it's stars illuminating the path as Mingyu walked Wonwoo home. They were hand in hand, and slowly walking to the Jeon home, their footprints visible in the freshly fallen snow. As they were walking Mingyu said,

"Merry Christmas, babe." 

"Merry Christmas." Wonwoo said, "babe." he added, making the couple laugh. 

A nice silence took over as they walked in peace, still a long way to go till the Jeon house. Mingyu exhaled, his breath visible in the cold, night air.

"Wanna hear a story?", the taller said.

"About what, babe?" Wonwoo questioned, as they continued on home, intertwining hands.

"About Lee Seokmin." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

I think you guys can guess what CH. 18 will be about... heh. LOL uh, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, yes, ik the fluff is everywhere. Sorry it took a while to update, I have school and a painting to finish for a present. xD so yeh. ANYWAY; comment, subscribe upvote & whateverrrr. 

LMAO, srsly tho! upvote if you like the story; comment what you guys think so far, and subscribe to keep updated! All of these things are highly appreciated. 

Oh and I'm thinking of starting a Vkook or Taekook fanfic soon, idk, still in the process of making the storyline. LOL but yeah

uh, I love you guys. (: Thanks for everything, and I'll try to update soon

Until then, PEACE - Zen.