That's What You Said

Polar.

"Eh?" Wonwoo said, tilting his head, a weary smile on his face. He furrowed his brows, confused and worried, and just hoping that he heard Mingyu incorrectly. Mingyu exhaled and hooked his thumbs onto the belt loops in his pants,

"Let's break up.", he said, so naturally that Wonwoo got the message this time.

"W-what, why? Di-did I do something? Why now? Why-" Wonwoo stuttered as he searched for answers. Their memories flashed through their mind, looking for a hint or something that told Wonwoo that this was coming. He searched for anything he might've done wrong, or upset Mingyu in some way, but he didn't find anything.

"Just, I don't want to date you anymore." Mingyu said, nodding his head.

Wonwoo felt the tears pooling his eyes, as he tried to stay composed for the sake of saving some front. 

"Did I do something? Are you upset, can we try talking about it? Why.. I don't get it, just why would- Can you give me a reason?" Wonwoo pleaded, holding back his tears as much as he could. 

"I told you, I don't want to date-"

"That's not a reason." Wonwoo said, and he couldn't help it as a tear finally slipped down and was now rolling down his cheek. Mingyu ignored it and continued speaking, coldly,

"We dated for 4 months, and we still haven't had ." Mingyu said. Wonwoo was taken aback by the sudden statement,

"I don't quite understand." 

Mingyu rolled his eyes,

"Look, you're a good lookin' guy, right? So, I liked you for your physical appearance... But obviously, I knew it would take some time for you to trust me or 'love' me, so I waited. But 4 months, and the most we've done is kiss, so I'm tired of waiting."

Silence took over as Mingyu tried to stop himself from wiping Wonwoo's tears,

"So... you only dated me to get into my pants?" Wonwoo said, still not convinced that that was Mingyu's reason.

"Yup. I'm a teen guy, what did you expect? I thought you would be easy, but I guess not."

Yes, disrespect him until he hates you. Lie until he doesn't search for the truth.

"So then why did you date me for 4 months? Why did you take time and put in effort for Christmas, and our dates?" Wonwoo said, begging for Mingyu to stop all these harsh words.

"The true reason I realized last week," Mingyu said.

Wonwoo tilted his head again and Mingyu continued,

"You're weak."

Wonwoo blinked, more tears falling down his face as he tried to process everything Mingyu was saying. He looked at his cast then back up at Mingyu,

"Look, I'm pretty strong, right? Last week at the base, I realized that you're extremely weak, and didn't even try to fight back."

I'm glad you didn't swing any fists, and I hope you remain this way... Don't become like me.

"Wonwoo, I'm trying to say that you're a burden."

That's a lie, if anything, you take off weight from my shoulders.

"A burden." Wonwoo repeated, his voice cracking in pain and sadness. Mingyu bit his tongue, trying not to cry or scream or pull Wonwoo into his arms,

"Yup, a burden", Mingyu said, 

"Plus, you said it yourself, right? Opposites don't attract... It's crazy that someone like me would be dating someone like you."

It's crazy how lucky I am to know you... How lucky I am to be able to love you, and receive your love back. It's crazy that I'm doing this right now.

"So... all those 'I love you's that came out of your mouth didn't mean anything? They were lies?"

"Nothing but empty words... So, I guess, yeah, I lied."

The only lie I've ever told you is what I'm telling you right now. I love you, Jeon Wonwoo, which is why I'm doing this.

"All those hugs, kisses, dates, they mean nothing to you, Mingyu-ah?" Wonwoo asked, tears streaking his face, his voice cracking as he spoke. 

"They may have, at the time.. But not anymore."

, lying to you is so hard. Don't look at me with those eyes, or I might just kiss you and ruin this whole thing.

"So... you really want to break up with me, huh?"

Mingyu could hear the heartbreak in Wonwoo's voice, and see it in his eyes,

"Yeah,"

Hell no. But I should

Silence filled the air again. Mingyu didn't have the decency to look Wonwoo in the eye, while Wonwoo stared at Mingyu's eyes that looked everywhere but his own. Mingyu bit his lower lip as he tried not to cry, but it was difficult as he heard the sniffles from his (ex)boyfriend,

"Okay." Wonwoo finally spoke, and Mingyu looked up from the ground and made eye contact. His eyes were blurred with tears, the Class President's voice still cracking as he nodded his head and lowly said,

"Let's break up, then."

Hearing the words from Wonwoo's lips were actually extremely heartbreaking. Mingyu stayed composed however, and started nodding himself,

"Just like this, we're over." the Class Pres continued,

"Are you really okay with this, Mingyu-ah?"

No, I'm not. And I'm completely aware that you're not either. You calling me 'Mingyu' and not 'babe'... It feels weird. It feels like something is missing. But, this is for the best.

"If I wasn't, I wouldn't have initiated this, right?" Mingyu replied. 

Wonwoo nodded, and a sad smile appeared on his face, as he continued crying, he said

"Then, at this very moment, we've broken up."

Mingyu didn't have any words, as he too was about to cry. But more than anything he wanted to hug Wonwoo and apologize, but he needed Wonwoo to hate him. He needed to make sure that Wonwoo didn't want anything to do with him, so that he didn't get hurt again. So, the taller just nodded, and watched in painful silence as Wonwoo wiped his face and then suddenly sprinted to his door.

"Wonwoo, wai-"

"Goodbye, Mingyu!" Wonwoo yelled as he opened his front door, and immediately shut it, not giving any time for Mingyu do anything. 

Wonwoo was now inside the house, his back leaning against the door he had just slammed in his boyfriend ex-boyfriend's face. His heart racing, and breaking at the same time. He began sobbing as he slid his back down the door, and collapsed on the ground, bringing his knees to his chest and burrowing his face inside. From outside the front door, Mingyu could hear Wonwoo's sobs, and he quickly turned around and began walking off the familiar Jeon property, resisting the urge to bang on Wonwoo's door, and beg for forgiveness. Tears streaming down his own face as he stomped off, his heart breaking everytime he heard Wonwoo gasp for air in between his weeps. As the tall boy walked, more like stormed off, he vigorously ruffled his hair, and swung random punches in the air, letting out grunts and slight cries of frustration, sadness and regret.

This is for the best. The best for Wonwoo, so endure it.

He thought to himself as he found himself making his way to his second home, the base. 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo was having his breakdown, still sitting infront of the door. His sobs echoed in the empty house, and now he was feeling both grateful, and at the same time wishing his parents weren't working overtime today. He needed comforting, someone to distract him from what just happened. He needed a hug, from Mingyu- wait no, someone else. Someone that didn't just rip hist heart into a thousand pieces and still spoke as if it were nothing. His sobs grew louder as he clutched his aching heart. Wonwoo tried to calm himself down, just enough to be able to speak coherently. The boy reached for his phone that was in his pocket, and went to his contacts. He almost clicked #1 on speed dial, but quickly remembered and corrected his actions.

"Hello? Wonwoo-ah?" the voice on the other line said,

"Jun-ah... Help me." Wonwoo managed to choke out in between his sobs.

Jun become immediately concerned, almost screaming into the phone,

"Wonwoo-ah?! Yah! Are you okay?! Where are you, what happened?!"

"I'm home... Can you-"

"I'll be right over!" Jun yelled in response before Wonwoo could continue.

Their phone call ended quickly, and Wonwoo dropped his phone carelessly, but luckily the doormat cushioned it's fall. He let out one last huge sob, and then decided to pick himself up from the floor, and fix himself before Jun came. He dragged his feet upstairs to the wasrhoom, where he washed his face. When he looked in the mirror, he saw his eyes were still red from the endless tears, but he didn't bother with eye drops. Wonwoo went to his room, and almost immediately had another breakdown. It seemed like every little thing reminded him of Mingyu. And what upset him even more, was the way he still loved the tall, silly delinquent who he had spent the last 4 months with. He collapsed on his bed, holding back the tears as much as he could. He burrowed his face into his pillow and refused to open his eyes, because everything in his room reminded him of Mingyu. The red jacket that was hanging on his door, the 'I Love You' poster he received at Christmas was put up above his desk. The teddy bear was on the corner of his bed, which he kicked to the floor. Soon enough, Wonwoo heard the doorbell go off, and he went downstairs and opened the door. The opened door revealed his bestfriend, holding bags of Wonwoo's favourite snacks and wearing a sling bag that looked pretty full. Jun flashed an amazing, bright, sincere smile to his bestfriend,

"Yo, Wonwoo-ah!", he exclaimed,

"I think you need some cheering up." Jun said.

Wonwoo couldn't help but smile, and for a split second he was distracted from the break up that had just occured. Jun entered the familiar house and took off his shoes,

"Mom! Dad! I'm staying over!~" Jun yelled to Narin and Minsung,

"They're working overtime" Wonwoo informed the other

"Ah, I see." Jun said

The boy took some time to inspect Wonwoo. He noticed his bloodshot red eyes, and his sleeves soaked with tears. Jun wanted to ask what happened, but decided his priority was to get Wonwoo to calm down and stop crying, and take his mind off what upset him so much.

"I brought some food, and my laptop so let's watch some things!" he said as he went upstairs, naturally going to Wonwoo's room. Wonwoo followed behind him, trying his best to calm himself, and grateful for his best friend's presence at the moment.

Jun fixed Wonwoo's unmade bed, and the Class Pres. almost burst out in tears as images of Mingyu doing the same thing popped up in his mind. The taller would always say,

"Why are you so messy, babe? At least fix your bed."

Jun propped the laptop up on a pillow as he formed the blankets into a little nest, and then proceeded to lay out the various snacks on Wonwoo's bed. Wonwoo meekly laid into his spot, and Jun followed suit, opening a bad of chips, and putting a chip in his mouth, then offering the bag to Wonwoo. The other politely refused, shaking his head,

"C'mon, these are your favourite flavour! It's not like you to resist", Jun said, pushing the bag closer to Wonwoo who then accepted the bag of chips, and began eating. Jun smiled having won over the boy, and then went to the laptop and started searching for what they should watch.

"Anything you want to watch?" he asked,

"Doesn't matter to me. Anything is fine." Wonwoo answered, as he continued munching on the chips.

"Hmmm, then how about a comedy?" Jun suggested, figuring that it would be the best genre to cheer up Wonwoo. 

The Class Pres gave a satisifed nod, and then proceeded to lay back and relax, the bag of potato chips still in hand, his other reaching for a box of Ferrero Roche. Jun chose a random movie and put it to full screen, then laid beside Wonwoo, using a pillow as support as he opened a bag of candy. It was about halfway through the movie, where Jun decided that it was time to face the matter at hand. Half of the snacks were already eaten, and Jun didn't regret spending $25 just on his best friend's favourite foods, considering it was to help cheer him up.

That's what best friends are for.

But, now Jun needed to get to the bottom of Wonwoo's sadness. The reason for his uncontrollable sobs that he heard through the phone. He needed to know, so thathe could find a way to make it better.

"Wonwoo-ah..." Jun started, and Wonwoo looked at him, his eyebrows raised in reply, asking Jun to continue. 

"Are you okay?", he asked carefully. He watched as Wonwoo's eyes began to pool with tears, and then one by one tears began to fall down his cheeks. The boy shook his head as he continued crying, and his voice shook as he said,

"No."

Jun immediately took Wonwoo into a hug, his hair as they laid there. Wonwoo's face buried into his best friend's chest as Jun just stayed silent, deciding it was best to just stay quiet instead of telling Wonwoo empty words of comfort when he didn't even know what was going on.

"You can tell me anything, when you're ready." is the only thing Jun said, as he continued to run his fingers through Wonwoo's jet black hair. 

Wonwoo cried for a good long while, but Jun didn't care. Then after a few minutes Wonwoo started to calm down, his sobs lessening and he was beginning to breathe more clearly. He got up from the personal pillow of Jun's chest and began rubbing his eyes.

"Sorry," Wonwoo began, "I ruined your shirt."

"It's okay, it's just a shirt... What I'm worried about right now is you." Jun said

The chestnut haired boy was thinking of all the possibilities that could make his best friend cry the way that he just did. Death of a family member? Maybe he's stressed or something? He didn't know, and simply waited patiently for Wonwoo to tell him. Just then, Wonwoo flashed a sad smile to Jun, exposing his teeth, the light from the window reflecting off the streaks of sadness that stained his cheeks. His smile caused Jun's heart to break, because as his best friend, he felt the heartbreak and sorrow underlying beneath that precious smile.

"Mingyu broke up with me." Wonwoo said, smiling and crying as he did so.

Jun's eyes went wide, he had so many questions, for Mingyu as well, but he decided to stay quiet as he noticed Wonwoo trying to calm down again to say something.

"A-and it really hurts, because I still love him...." Wonwoo continued, his voice cracking on some words, and Jun just watched his best friend break down, unable to help him.

"People always say that a breakup isn't the end of the world... But it really really hurts knowing that someone you whole heartedly loved doesn't love you anymore. Or, maybe didn't even love you in the first place..." the boy said.

He looked Jun in the eye, and said through his tears,

"It really fucking hurts, Jun-ah...", Wonwoo cried out, clutching his heart, like the way a child would point to where they got hurt.

Jun pulled him into another hug, letting his shirt get soaked again. Wonwoo cried, grateful for having such an amazing best friend.

"I'm sorry, Wonwoo-ah..." was all Jun could say, as he continued to rub Wonwoo's back, and comfort him with actions

, why? Mingyu, why?

After Wonwoo recollected himself, and reduced from sobs to just silent tears, Jun decided to dig further into the issue.

"D-Did he tell you why?" Jun asked, cautiously.

Wonwoo nodded and said,

"He said he only dated me to get into my pants..."

What? For ? That doesn't make sense... For someone with that kind of past wouldn't Mingyu be scarred of anything like that?

Jun thought, but decided to it was best not to vocalize anything

"A-and, he said that I was weak... We couldn't- or rather, shouldn't be together because I'm a burden. He said he realized it the night of the fight, when I broke my arm." 

Jun was about to say a slur of curse words to express his resentment for the boy that broke his best friend's heart, but was interrupted when Wonwoo said, 

"And it because, I still love that stupid . I want to hate him, but I can't... I want to get over him, but I don't think I can... because I really loved him, Jun-ah, and I still do." he said, a sad smile on his face as he reminisced about all the cute moments of happiness he shared with Mingyu. 

Jun looked at the other, his heart hurting for Wonwoo. He decided to not question the situation anymore, and to just keep Wonwoo company until his parents came home. At around 6 o'clock, Narin and Minsung walked in through the front door. Jun poked his head out from Wonwoo's room and out onto the opening of the staircase, 

"Mom! Wonwoo needs you!" he said,

"Oh! Jun-ah! Long time no see!", she said.

"Hurry!" Jun ordered, using his hand to rush the woman who was like a second mother to him. 

"Hi Dad!" Jun said, as Narin quickly removed her shoes and made her way up the stairs

"Hey there, son." Minsung replied, "What're you doing here?"

"Just keeping Wonwoo company. I'm gonna get going now, though!" he said. 

Jun returned to Wonwoo's room, and pat him on the back before leaving his room and then going downstairs. 

"Bye! Call me if you need anything,"

"Thanks, Jun-ah."

"Anything for you!" 

And then he was off.

He passed by Minsung on the way to the front door, his bag with his laptop at his side. He left all the unopened snacks in Wonwoo's room, figuring he could use it as comfort food. He gave Mingsung a brief hug, thanked him for having him other, and then left the house. Jun closed the door of the Jeon house, and looked at the sky. The sky displayed hues of orange and purple that blended together to form the beautiful sky of a sunset. He huffed out an upset breath, and then began making his way, but he wasn't heading home. He was going to a familiar, yet unfamiliar place. Somewhere his boyfriend often was, but this time he was hoping someone else would be there. Someone tall, with slicked back hair, and who used to call himself Wonwoo's boyfriend. Jun thought about what to say when he got there, as he made his way to the base. 

ing Mingyu... You said you loved Wonwoo, right? That's what you said, so why....

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

hi guys. (: so! this chapter wasn't that long (or interesting) but, I'm planning to update again tomorrow! SO! Please wait for that, and if not tomorrow then Sunday. A lot of you commented last chapter, most of you guys swearing, or yelling at me.. LOOOL, love you guys tho! This whole chapter was written on my phone, and at school lmao, I'm a good student, right? xD Anyway, comment, subscribe, upvote & whateverrrrrr

Seriously tho! Comment your thoughts on this chapter, and the story so far! Subscribe to keep updated, and upvote if you're enjoying Polar

A lot of you guys hate that I'm breaking up Meanie, but I needed some tension in the story (: lol, your comments were hilarious~ 

OK! That's all from me, love you guys!

I'll try and update tomorrow, or really soon! but until then, PEACE - Zen