A Song

Polar.

"Two?"

Jun asked, surprised that Wonwoo actually knew what he wanted for once. Every year he had to guess, but Wonwoo was always content with the gifts he received, so over the years Jun learned that as long as it was from the heart, Wonwoo would accept it happily. 

Wonwoo nodded while sweeping the floors,

"But, I don't know, they're kind of cheesy." 

Mingyu's face distorted in confusion,

"Cheesy? What the Hell? Does he want pizza, I don't understand.", he thought to himself while listening to the conversation outside the class.

Jun chuckled and said,

"Tell me, now I'm curious." he said, taking a break from sweeping and leaning his head on the top of the broom that was prompted up.

"No, nevermind. It's lame." Wonwoo said, shaking his head as he just continued cleaning the classroom floor.

"C'mon, just tell me!" Jun pleaded, 

"No~"

"Wow, you're not going to tell your bestfriend. I see how it is." Jun said, and resumed cleaning

"Really. You're going to play that card?" Wonwoo said, with a funny look on his face. Jun laughed and said,

"Yup! You don't trust me anymore~ I'm not your bestfriend anymore~" Jun continued the facade as he honestly wanted to know.

"Just tell him, God dammit, I need to know too." Mingyu thought, impatiently waiting for Wonwoo's answer.

"Okay, fine I'll tell you!" Wonwoo became fed up with Jun's cringeworthy actions and tone of voice.

"Finally." Jun said outloud, while Mingyu thought the exact same thing.

"You better not laugh. If you do, I'll throw this at you!" Wonwoo warned and threatened, holding up the dust pan full of the things he had been sweeping up the whole time. 

Jun laughed, and held his hands up in surrender,

"I won't laugh, I swear."

Wonwoo looked him in the eye, and slowly lowered the dust pan, as he sighed.

"It's really lame, and cheesy, and just- ugh." Wonwoo became flustered at his Christmas List, and Jun contained his laughter.

"Okay. The second one I'm not sure about but, for Christmas I want Mingyu,"

Mingyu listened closely to his boyfriend's wish, slightly hoping it wasn't too expensive or extravagant. 

"To say 'I love you'." Wonwoo said.

Jun just looked at him, and Mingyu tilted his head slightly. 

"Don't laugh, I know it's cheesy!" Wonwoo raised his voice before his bestfriend could say anything, the Class President's cheeks red, and it wasn't from the cold. 

"That's cute." Jun said, and Mingyu agreed to himself.

"No~ It's lame~" Wonwoo whined, while rubbing his face in embarrassment. "It's just because he's never said it before, you know?"

"So why don't you say it?"

"Because! What if he doesn't say it back? Then it'll be awkward and embarrassing" Wonwoo groaned at the thought of the awkward situation.

"Maybe that's why he's not saying it to you!" Jun argued, Wonwoo shook his head,

"I just want him to say it first."

Jun rolled his eyes and sighed,

"You're so lame."

Wonwoo hit him with the broom,

"I know I am!" 

And the duo started laughing. Mingyu was still listening and slightly blushed at the thought of saying the words. Those words weren't just said to anyone. Those 3 words had meaning, had depth, emotion, passion, affection. They were serious words that isn't necessarily easy to get out of one's mouth and confess. But, he brushed off the overthinking and listened again for the second thing on his boyfriend's Christmas List, waiting, hoping for Jun to ask. 

"And so what about the second thing?" Jun asked, putting the broom down and going to put some textbooks in the shelves.

"Um, I'm not too sure about this one. I feel like it'll be too much to ask," Wonwoo looked at Jun with worried eyes, "Not that he'll ever know, right?" 

Jun laughed and said, 

"I won't tell him."

"You better not, I'll die." Wonwoo exaggerated the situation in despair, hoping his boyfriend wouldn't hear what he truly wanted for Christmas. But little did he know that Mingyu was on the other side of the wall, listening and not needing Jun to tell him.

"So, your second Christmas Wish?" Jun asked again,

Wonwoo stopped cleaning the whiteboards, and sighed,

"I want to know about Seokmin."

Mingyu's eyes widened, and body froze stiff at the mention of the name. The name still giving him chills, flashbacks of memories he'd rather not remember, scenes playing back in his head as he furiously blinked his eyes trying to not see them. 

"Seokmin?" Jun asked, looking up from the shelves as he finished stacking the last of the textbooks.

"Yeah. He's one of the boys from the base, but I've never seen him around..." Wonwoo explained,

"Then how do you know about him?"

Mingyu was curious too, how his boyfriend knew that name.

"I've heard it around the streets once or twice. Minghao told Mingyu that I'm kind of like him, so I want to know."

"You haven't seen him, yet you know he's part of their crew?" Jun said, still confused at the whole situation.

"Yeah. In the base, there's this picture with 11 of them... One of them has a face I've never seen before, so I'm assuming that's him." 

"So, you don't really know for sure, you just assuming this Seokmin guy is close to them?"

"Yup, basically. That's why I want to know about him, to know the truth." Wonwoo said honestly. 

Mingyu's heart started racing a little quicker. It wasn't the same feeling as the racing of his heart when he was with Wonwoo, or when he was happy, excited with his boyfriend, no. This speed was like when he would be out in the streets, it's the speed where he knew that he was hurting someone during a fight. Fear and anxiety were what caused this change in heart rate, not the exciting, cute thought that he would be spending Christmas with Wonwoo. 

"Hmm, those aren't really buyable gifts," Jun pointed out,

"Yeah, I know. But, it includes Mingyu being honest and true with me." Wonwoo flashed a pure smile,

"So, I'll be happy with these."

Jun smiled at the happiness his bestfriend was emitting. As the weeks went on from that day the kiss happened, Jun learned to appreciate how happy Mingyu made his bestfriend. He was grateful that their relationship reverted back to normal, and the awkwardness faded away. It was like the whole thing never happened. Jun fully got over Wonwoo, a long time ago, and Minghao made him realize why things didn't work out between Jun and Wonwoo. Seeing his bestfriend happy made him happy, and that was good enough. Best friends, nothing more, nothing less.

Mingyu felt the sincerity in his boyfriend's words, honestly telling Jun what he wanted for Christmas. Mingyu thought to himself, unsure of what to do. It's not that he had something to hide about Seokmin, or it's not that he didn't love Wonwoo. But, was he ready to say these things to Wonwoo? 

The days continued on, each day getting a little colder than the one before it. Eventually, over their school blazers the boys wore thick jackets, except Wonwoo who wore 2 thin ones, the one on top being his boyfriend's red one. 

"Yah, wear a proper jacket, you're going to get sick." Mingyu said, concerned for the shorter.

"No I won't, plus these 2 jackets are warm.", Wonwoo argued as he zipped up the red one, "Especially this one" he said with a cute smile as he hugged himself. 

Mingyu just smiled sweetly at Wonwoo who was a bit puffier than usual due to the layers. He squeezed him in a hug and said,

"You're so squishy~" 

Wonwoo wriggled out of his boyfriend's arms,

"Am not!" he said defensively, as if being called 'squishy' was an insult.

It was the end of the school day, and now Christmas was only a week away, and today was their last day of class before the holidays. Snow covered the ground, blanketing the earth with a glowing white. The 4 boys were walking home together, the crushing sound of snow as the boys' boots made contact. They were all in winter attire, Mingyu wearing a long white scarf that looked nice against his black jacket. Jun and Minghao were also wearing scarves, both black in colour, and they were wearing the matching shoes they got back in October. Wonwoo was wearing a black beanie that had flecks of snowflakes on top, but for the most parted blended in with his charcoal hair. They were walking in pairs, as the sidewalk only comfortably fit 2 people. Mingyu unlinked his arms with Wonwoo, and quickly ran over to the field that was untainted with footsteps, the snow still freshly fallen and smooth. That was quickly ruined by Mingyu's quick and excited footsteps into the snow as he bent down and began formulating a ball. Minghao quickly caught on and ducked as Mingyu threw the ball his way, missing Minghao and landed at the side of Wonwoo's face. 

"Yah!" Wonwoo yelled, and Mingyu cowered at the loudness of his boyfriend's voice,

Jun began laughing, pointing at the snow at the was stuck to his face, and falling on his jacket. 

"Oh, it's funny, huh?" Wonwoo said as he quickly bent down and made a ball, and whipped it at his bestfriend. It hit him square in the face, muffling and ultimately stopping his laughter and he shook his head, trying to get the snow out of the way. Minghao laughed at his boyfriend, and quickly ran after Mingyu who was preparing another snowball on the field. Jun hit Wonwoo back, and the Class President. began chasing Jun, now all 4 boys were on the field. The laughs and slightly manly screams resounded in the field as a huge snowball war broke out. Cannonballs of cold white snowflakes flew around for about 40 minutes, and 2 forts had formed, a couple for each one. Mingyu and Wonwoo were crouching behind a snow wall they had built, waiting to attack the other couple. The cease fire had lasted about 2 minutes when Minghao shot up from their side of the wall and whipped a ball, but Mingyu did the same, and both got hit simultaneously. Mingyu clutched the place where he got hit in fake pain, and fell on the snow covered ground, dramatically, Wonwoo ran to his side and Mingyu was looking up at him,

"Wonwoo-ah..."

Wonwoo just nodded, it was like they were reenacting a scene from a historical drama.

"I... have something to tell you..." Mingyu whispered, as if in pain,

"Come closer."

Wonwoo brought his face closer to hear his boyfriend's words, but all he got was a face full of snow. Mingyu quickly got up, laughing, leaving his boyfriend on the ground and Wonwoo got up after him. The childish snowball fight ended with all 4 boys laying on the ground, backs on the field, out of the breath and looking up at the sky. The sun was still out, but barely providing any heat as their breaths were visible as they caught them. They were all laughing and just smiling, enjoying one another's company, but then suddenly Jun shot up, dragging some snow up with him that landed on Minghao's face,

"Yah! Let's hurry home, we're gonna be late for the party!" 

Mingyu furrowed his brows as he tried to remember what Jun was talking about, and soon enough he hurried to get up too, cursing under his breath

"Oh right!" Wonwoo said as he scrambled from his laying position, and soon enough all 4 boys were wiping snow off their bodies, and running back to their respective homes, promising to meet up at the party.

Since the snowball fight was insanely fun, it slipped all of the boys' minds that they had been invited, and agreed to attend a Christmas party being held by one of the girls in their classes. She invited the whole Senior Year, so the 4 decided they might as well go, and that it wouldn't hurt to attend. 

For once, they all showed up at different times, Wonwoo being the first to arrive and seated among the students. The party was being held at a karaoke room, and in the middle was a table full of food. Wonwoo had always been slightly popular with his fellow seniors, he was friends with basically everyone, and his only 'enemies' were people obsessed with Mingyu. But, everyone at the party was just socializing, putting away their past drama just to enjoy their last Christmas with this class, at this school. Jun and Minghao arrived within close times of each other, and joined the party happily. Mingyu was the last to arrive, and when he did the party went slightly quiet. Mingyu looked at Wonwoo who looked back at him, and then whispers started, and Jun and Minghao started laughing amongst themselves.

"Nice sweaters," the host of the party said, as she looked at the couple who was wearing their Couple sweater, unplanned. Mingyu looked at his boyfriend who was sitting comfortably, and just shrugged implying that he honestly didn't know he would be wearing it.

Mingyu stood at the doorway, becoming slightly flustered at the couple outfit they had just displayed to the class,

"Mingyu-ah, are you blushing? Your cheeks are red." Minghao teased and Jun smiled in approval,

"N-no, it's just cold outside." Mingyu slightly twisted the true reason of the flush of his cheeks, but it was cold outside.

The night proceeded with people singing, eating, socializing  and just enjoying their time together. As the night dragged on, the 4 boys found themselves sitting with each other, almost naturally finding each other. 

"Mingyu-ah, sing a song," Minghao said, receiving a death glare from the taller,

"You can sing?" Wonwoo asked, turning around in Mingyu's arm,

"No, no." Mingyu presistently denied, to which Minghao objected

"He can! Surprisingly, he has a nice voice."

Mingyu roughly hit him in the arm, 

"No I don't" he insisted.

"Babe, sing for me?"

Mingyu looked at his boyfriend who was clinging to his arm. Wonwoo pouted cutely,

"Please~?" he added.

Mingyu stared into the dark eyes.

"Really?"

Wonwoo nodded,

"Really."

Mingyu looked at the karaoke machine, the television screen, back at his boyfriend, then back at the karaoke set. 

"Just one song." he said before he sighed deeply, and got up from his comfortable seat at the booth. The tall figure hesitantly asked for the mic from one of the girls who shyly gave it to him, and her friends started "ooo"-ing when he flashed an attractive smile after receiving the mic. He looked through the book, and tossed the remote to Minghao who typed in the numbers that Mingyu recited to him. The party's volume decreased as everyone's attention went to the delinquent who was now sitting in the middle of the room infront of the screen to see the lyrics. Everyone was anticipating the voice of Kim Mingyu, considering most of them only heard him start speaking recently, and when they did before, it was mostly curse words or one worded replies. The room went quiet as a piano intro started playing softly, and Wonwoo was quite surprised that his boyfriend had chosen to sing a ballad. You could almost hear a pin drop in the room as Mingyu took a breath, brought the mic up to his mouth and started singing,

I may seem strong, I may be smiling

But there are many times when I'm alone

I may seem like I don't have any worries, but I have a lot to say

The moment I first saw you, I was so attracted to you

I didn't weigh out my thoughts and just talked

The group of students were silent. Stunned at the smooth, amazing deep voice coming from the tall misfit sitting in the middle of the room. Wonwoo looked at his boyfriend, his jaw slacked in awe and amazement. He swore under his breath as Mingyu continued singing the song, putting in minimal effort, yet still hitting every note perfectly, and conveying the emotion intended. Minghao sat there, a sad smile on his face, 

"It's been a while since you've sung like that, Mingyu-ah.", he thought to himself.

The song continued, and even the girls that have been talking the whole evening stayed quiet until the end of the song,

It's you

Mingyu finished singing, but it took a while for the crowd to clap as they were still mesmerized by the deep, honey like voice Mingyu sang with. Minghao was the first to clap, having heard the boy's hidden talent before, which woke the crowd up and they errupted with applause and cheers. Mingyu just awkwardly smiled and bowed in thanks, then made his way back to the booth that the 3 boys were sitting in. He plopped down beside Wonwoo and put his arm around his neck, and Wonwoo just stared at him in amazement.

"You know, your voice never fails to amaze me." Minghao pointed out, while taking a sip of soda. Mingyu just nodded, accepting the comment.

"Yah..." Wonwoo started, looking up at his boyfriend with awe in his eyes, "You're amazing." 

Mingyu chuckled and said,

"I know."

Wonwoo laughed and said,

"Nevermind, you're okay."

"Yah, yah. You go up there then. Beat my perfect 100 score, Mr. Class President." Mingyu teased.

Wonwoo just made a face at him making Mingyu laugh, and he kissed him on the forehead before resuming the social aspect of the party. Since it was a Christmas party, Jun and Minghao, being the oddball couple they are, decided to take control over the mic and sing some Christmas Carols, and enlightened the mood of the party, making everyone laugh. 

As the night went on, and the party came to an end, the boys were leaving. The party finished successfully, Jaesuk wasn't in sight, and no drama had happened, so it was a good night. They all went home, and for the first time Mingyu didn't walk Wonwoo home. He explained that he needed to go home to his mom for tonight, and apologized to his boyfriend. During his walk home, Wonwoo felt a little weird. There was this slight pain in his heart as he walked alone, not having the tall figure at his side, like usual. 

A week passed by quickly. Mingyu and Wonwoo remained in touch through text and phonecalls, mainly FaceTime. It was Christmas Eve, and Wonwoo was sitting in his living room with his parents. They had this tradition of waiting up until midnight, then opening the presents, instead of sleeping and opening them Christmas Morning. So, Wonwoo had a cute Santa hat on to get into spirit, while his dad wore on too, and his mom wore reindeer antlers. The family was happily sitting around the T.V watching a movie, his parents on the couch and Wonwoo comfortably sitting cross legged on the floor, waiting for midnight to come. It was currently 11:58, and Wonwoo looked at the Christmas tree, excited. Part of the excitement came from the presents, while most originated from the thought that in a couple of hours, he would be spending Christmas with his boyfriend. As soon as the clock struck midnight, he heard a knock at the door. 

He figured it might've been a homeless person, trying to take advantage of the 'Christmas spirit' and ask for some hot chocolate, or some shelter from the cold, snowy night. He walked to the door, and looked through the peep hole, only seeing the silhouette of a man. The Class Pres. hesitantly opened the door, revealing a tall familiar figure. The boy was carrying a bouquet of chocolate roses, and holding a teddy bear that had a cute little candy cane bow on it.

"Merry Christmas", the voice belonging to a certain Kim Mingyu said, as he looked at his boyfriend. 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

yo guys. lmao, yay for quick updates? xD idk tbh [I uploaded 3 days in a row :') ] I'm feeling a bit better, love you guys. honestly. LOL, uh this chapter and probably the next will be fluffy filler chapters, then 18 will be... something to look forward to? LOOL I hope you guys look forward to every chapter actually, but yeh. If you're wondering what song Mingyu sang, it's 'My Answer' - EXO. 

subscribe, comment, upvote & whateverrrr. LOL xD

srsly tho guys! comment your thoughts, and subscribe to keep updated! all those things are fully appreciated, and I love you guys.

I'll try and update quickly, but until then, PEACE. - Zen.