Are you Sure?

Polar.

Mingyu shot up from the couch, knocking the telescope off balance, and it almost went crashing to the ground, but LeeChan dove, thankfully saving the gift from 2 years ago.

"W-We were walking and then we heard a voice from behind us. He started saying disgusting things to Wonwoo, saying like he would tap Wonwoo, or whatever. A-And then the boys attacked us. They started beating me, but then they took Wonwoo, Sungwon told the boys to just leave me, since I wasn't what he wanted..."

Jun tried to tell the story as efficiently as he could, still shaking from the first real beating he's received. After hearing the information, Mingyu's eyes started darting around the room, as if he was conflicted between going to save Wonwoo or upholding the facade of him not caring. Jun noticed and said,

"Jesus, Mingyu, there's no time for your pride right now!"

"I know that- I- I know!" Mingyu yelled back, panicked 

"So then, go! You said you wouldn't let Sungwon do anything to W-"

Jun's lecture was interrupted when Mingyu swore under his breath and pushed past Jun, almost knocking the boy off his feet, and sprinted for the door. Mingyu skidded to a stop and yelled back at Jun who was rubbing his shoulder,

"Where is he?!"

"We got attacked near the convenience store!" Jun hollered back.

Mingyu stood at the doorway for a brief moment, though it felt like an eternity. The tall boy's eyebrows were furrowed, and he blinked a few times before finally calculating the quickest route to the store, and then he was off. The tall boy's slim figure sprinted, on his way to the convenience store, the dark sidewalks illuminated by street lights. As he was running, Mingyu said to himself

"Sungwon, I swear when I get my hands on you..." 

His voice trailed off as he became infuriated, and thought about how much pain he would inflict on the boy once he saw him

"Dammit Wonwoo, I told you not to go by these places."

Meanwhile at the base, Jun was being taken care of by Jisoo and Seungcheol. Sending the youngers for bandages and some ice, 

"LeeChan-ah, go buy ice at the convenience store"

"What? No, hyung! I'll be kidnapped like Wonwoo-hyung" LeeChan responded.

Seungcheol flicked him on the forehead before handing him money,

"The other convenience store, fool~" the older replied,

saying the last word in a playful yet at the same time irritated tone of voice. LeeChan made a face of realization and apologies and then got up and left the base to go buy ice. Jun was sitting on the couch, his bruises had to wait for the ice to be treated, but Jisoo was carefully cleaning his cuts, and bandaging them.

"D-Do you think Wonwoo will be okay?" Jun asked cautiously, genuinely concerned for the wellbeing of his bestfriend.

"Yeah, Mingyu will probably teach Sungwon a lesson once and for all." Jisoo replied calmly,

"Are you sure?"

Jisoo looked up from the cut he was currently cleaning, and gave Jun a reassuring and angelic smile,

"I'm sure Wonwoo will be just fine."

Jun flinched at the alcohol stinging his open wound, despite being incredibly small, the cut still hurt. 

"Oh, sorry" Jisoo said and began patting the wound in a more gentle manner. Jun smiled thankfully in reply,

"Jun-ah!" Soonyoung said from across the room,

"Did you tell Minghao what happened?" 

Jun shook his head,

"I didn't have a chance to message him yet, I just came straight here."

And it was almost comedic, the timing as Minghao bursted through the door, causing the door to fly open, crashing into the wall it was hinged to.

"Yah, Minghao-ah!!" Seungcheol yelled, his voice booming with anger that caught everyone in the base off guard.

"We just fixed that freakin' door!"

Seungcheol yelled, referring to Minghao damaging the door that was just repaired after the huge rumble a few weeks ago. Minghao's panicked and angered face quickly subsided as he made an apologetic expression before gently closing the front door. Seungcheol groaned and rolled his eyes as Minghao cringed when he closed the door, revealing the wall behind it with a hole where the doorknob had roughly hit. Fits of laughter came from the boys, laughing at Minghao going from furious to a sorry puppy within a matter of seconds.

"Sorry, hyung..." Minghao muttered and scratched the back off his head with a cute smile on his face. 

The blue haired boy then suddenly snapped out of the cute boy act, remembering why he entered that way in the first place. His eyes darted around the room, and locked on Jun who was staring at him with amusement after what he had just witnessed.

"Jun!" he yelled, and sprinted towards the boy sitting, waiting for the ice. 

Minghao immediately took Jun into his arms,

"Ow- Babe, yah - ow" Jun said, as Minghao squeezed him a little too tight for his bruises and recently beat body to endure. 

"Oh, sorry!" Minghao said, releasing him quickly.

Jun looked up at him with a cute smile on his face, and swiftly placed a kiss on Minghao's lips, making the other smile. Minghao inspected his boyfriend,

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. LeeChan is getting ice for my bruises though.." Jun informed him.

Minghao bit his lower lip and started to get mad again, he let go of Jun's shoulders and then furiously made his way to the front door, muttering,

"ing Sungwon, I swear to God-"

Soonyoung immediately took action, and stopped Minghao from going any further, holding his shoulders and pushing him back while telling him,

"Yah, yah.. Calm down," 

Minghao's fists unclenched and Soonyoung pat him on his back,

"Mingyu is already going over there.. Leave Sungwon to him, yeah?" 

"Yeah, he's the one that messaged me..." Minghao said.

A small, "Ah" escaped Jun's lips as Minghao revealed how he knew what had happened.

Minghao and Soonyoung turned around, and began walking away from the door, 

"Is Wonwoo okay?" Minghao asked, the question open for anyone to answer.

"I don't know... I just hope Mingyu gets there before anything serious happens." Jun answered.

The group collectively sighed, and Jun was in slight awe of the unity between the band of brothers. He witnessed it the day of the fight, but the way they all care about each other was truly admirable.

"Will Mingyu be okay?" Jun asked, and received stares from the boys in the room. Soonyoung laughed,

"Yah.. You're talking about Mingyu. Ofcourse he'll be fine." he said.

"He's our leader afterall!" LeeChan said, walking through the front door, a bag of ice in his hand. The youngest saw the hole in the wall beside the door,

"Minghao-hyung!" the boy yelled, making his way to Jun who extended his arm in gratitude as he accepted the ice, gratefully.

"Great! Now Seungcheol-hyung is going to make me fix the door again." LeeChan complained, and the boys laughed, 

"Sorry, Chan-ah!" Minghao said, swinging an arm around the youngest's neck and ruffling his hair.

Jun placed the ice on his various bruises, and then Minghao took a seat beside his boyfriend, offering to hold the ice in place, as Jun rested his head on Minghao's chest. Hearing the boy's heartbeat was, for some reason, fascinating. The way his heart was beating a little faster than average showed that he was actually concerned for Jun, and probably even more for Mingyu and Wonwoo. The base was filled with mild anxiety, tension as they knew that all they could do at this point for the 2 friends was to wait. All of them trusted Mingyu, but at the same time, everyone knew about their recent break up, and was kind of concerned if Wonwoo and Mingyu would be fine. There's also the possibility of Mingyu not making it on time, or Wonwoo not being where Jun last saw him, and the whole situation was just unsettling. The boys just hung out and talked, laughter distracting them from the nervewracking situation, as they waited to know the outcome of that night.

Meanwhile, Wonwoo was currently being dragged into an alley by Sungwon and his boys. Of course, the Class President struggled as much as he could, resisting, but everytime he moved in defiance, he received another punch in the gut which deprived him of oxygen for a few moments. Wonwoo was thrown on the floor, he grunted in pain, as he coughed and noticed that blood landed on the ground along with him. Sungwon grabbed his hair, and brough his head up so that he could say near his ear,

"Where's your little prince in shining armor, eh Wonwoo-ah?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." the other said,

Sungwon tugged his hair harder, causing Wonwoo to wince in pain,

"Don't act smart with me, Wonwoo.. Where's your Mingyu, hm?"

Wonwoo scoffed, the corner of his mouth where blood was pooling slightly,

"He doesn't give 2 s about me, so don't ask me." 

"Oh?" Sungwon said, amusement in his voice, "Aw~ did our little princess break up with the Evil King?" 

Wonwoo shook his head free, and through his gritted teeth said,

"I'm not your princess. And he broke up with me"

Sungwon smirked and then crouched down, to speak to Wonwoo who was still on the ground. 

"Ah.. Mingyu is a smart boy.. Too bad I couldn't care less."

Wonwoo was lost, 

"What?" he said

"Oh, c'mon. We all know the reason he actually broke up with you was because of what happened with Seokmin. He knew I would probably do something to you, and will you look at that," Sungwon took Wonwoo's chin into his hands, roughly.

"He was right." 

Wonwoo became frightened. The way Sungwon held his chin was completely different compared to how gentle Mingyu held him. 

"Y-You're wrong. He broke up with me because he doesn't care about me. Probably never did in the first place" Wonwoo insisted, becoming increasingly more nervous as to what Sungwon would do next. 

"He doesn't care, you say?" Sungwon said.

"Then, he doesn't care if this happens to you?" he continued, and gestured with his hands, ordering his boys to start beating Wonwoo. Wonwoo braced himself as the kicks and punches continued impacting his body. He knew he had probably broke a few ribs, or something, because this excruciating pain was something he had never experienced. Wonwoo's vision was becoming slightly blurred with blood coming from cuts on his face. And then someone punched him in the head, causing it to crash on the ground. Wonwoo's eyes went wide, although he could barely see anything. The impact blurred his vision, and momentarily muffled his hearing, making him semi-conscious. 

"You still think he wouldn't care, if I did... this?" Sungwon told the boys to stop beating, and Wonwoo was gasping for air, and trying not to cry from pain was still on the ground. Sungwon made his way towards him, and held him firmly. Wonwoo was too hurt to fight back, but did his best as Sungwon's hand made his way underneath Wonwoo's shirt.

"No. No, stop!" Wonwoo yelled, 

Sungwon stuffed a bandana in Wonwoo's mouth, muffling his scream,

"Shh." Sungwon hushed, "C'mon now.. You said Mingyu wouldn't care, right?"

Sungwon proceeded to put his hands in places that Wonwoo didn't want him in. Wonwoo squirmed, and yelled through the cotton of the bandana, his tears now starting to shed as he thought about the horrible things that Sungwon might do to him. The other boy proceeded to move down to Wonwoo's pants, slipping his hand into the waistband of Wonwoo's sweatpants. Wonwoo screamed and shook his body, but being semi-conscious didn't help. Sungwon smirked, and started laughing,

"You're really something, Wonwoo-ah..." and Wonwoo cringed in disgust as Sungwoon forcefully kissed his cheek.

But, that's as far as Sungwon was getting when a familiar tall figure came sprinting down the alley. Sungwon's boys immediately trying to stop him, but were easily and swiftly knocked down with one punch from Mingyu. Before Wonwoo could even see his saviour, he passed out when Sungwon hit him on the head, again. Mingyu got there early enough to see Sungwon's advances on Wonwoo, to see someone that wasn't himself, touching his boyfriend in places that he knew he wouldn't like. The tall boy finally got to Sungwon, who was getting up from assaulting Wonwoo, and the momentum from his sprinting, combined with Mingyu's anger, managed to form an extremely hard punch which landed in the middle of Sungwon's face. The boy staggered back, holding his bleeding and broken nose. Mingyu didn't stop there though, he continued beating Sungwon, relentlessly. Punches being thrown in his face, his stomach, and Mingyu made sure to break a few bones. Then, Sungwon pulled out his pocketknife, and stabbed Mingyu in the side. Mingyu ignored it, and took the knife out of his body, and threw it far down the alley, so that Sungwon couldn't get to it again. Mingyu continued with the beating, Sungwon barely having enough skill or strength to stop him. By the time Mingyu was satisfied with the damage he had done, Sungwon was lying on the ground, his face beat to be unrecognizable, the boy half-dead. Mingyu was out of breath, still trying to calm himself down, adrenaline coursing through his body. He crouched down beside Sungwon lifeless, yet conscious body and said,

"Sungwon, I swear the next time you decide to mess with us. I will kill you." 

The tall boy got up, and proceeded to kneel beside Wonwoo, pulling the boy's body onto his back, and grunting from pain as he got up. He looked at his side, and noticed his shirt was stained with crimson red, and was sticking to his body. He ignored it, and continued walking, making sure Wonwoo was balanced on his back. On the way to the hospital, Mingyu stopped by the base, to let the boys know that they were both okay. He didn't stay for long, and was sure to get to the hospital as soon as possible, sprinting, even though he checked Wonwoo's body at the base, and there were no serious injuries. By the bruises he saw on Wonwoo's pale skin, Mingyu concluded that he probably broke some bones, and needed to get to the hospital. When he got to the familiar hospital, he found a doctor and then called Narin and Minsung, informing them what had happened to Wonwoo. Wonwoo was still unconscious, and Mingyu was slightly grateful for that. The doctors on service at the hospital took Wonwoo, and left Mingyu in the waiting room. The boy waited there until he saw Narin and Minsung, who ran through the hospital doors, worried expressions on their faces. Mingyu rose from the chair he had been sitting in for a while, and then bowed towards his ex-boyfriend's parents, respectfully. Despite everything that had happened, Narin was slightly upset that Wonwoo had gotten involved in this, but she could also see that Mingyu was suffering too. So, she suddenly hugged the tall boy, and kissed him on his bruised cheek, and whispered,

"He still loves you." after they hugged, Narin was looking up at the taller, and Mingyu was looking down, trying to keep a straight face,

"And I know you love him, too, Mingyu-ah." 

Mingyu didn't know what to say, so he just smiled awkwardly and bowed after nodding his head at Minsung. He was walking away, leaving Wonwoo since his parents had arrived, when Minsung noticed a faint trail of blood following Mingyu. Suddenly, the tall boy collapsed in the middle of the hall, causing Minsung and Narin to run towards the boy, concerned.

"Mingyu?! Mingyu-ah! Stay with me," Mingsung said, while lightly slapping Mingyu's face, "Doctor! Can we get a doctor, please?!" the grown man pleaded.

Turns out, Mingyu had lost a significant amount of blood, but the doctor assured the set of parents that he would be fine after a few hours of rest, and being bandaged. The whole time, Wonwoo was unconscious, and only awoke the next morning. When he did wake up however, he only opened his eyes wide enough to catch a glimpse of someone hovering above him, adjusting the blankets that was encasing Wonwoo's aching body. He wondered who it was, but didn't want them to know he was awake yet, so didn't risk opening his eyes further. But he didn't need to. His eyes caught a glimpse of a familiar necklace hanging above his face, with 2 rings on it. After adjusting his blankets, Mingyu then began making a bowl of instant noodles, adding hot water to the bowl, and closing it to let it set. The boy then left the room, and surprisingly returned with a bouquet of flowers that he set in the vase on the bedside table. The semi-conscious boy witnessed Mingyu take one last look at him, and heard a deep sigh as the boy bit his bottom lip, and then left the hospital room. Wonwoo waited a while, just incase he came back, and after a few minutes, sighed in relief, and then opened his eyes properly. He noticed his parents both sleeping in the corner, and he looked at them sadly and then winced in pain as he tried getting up. He did break a few ribs, and was now wearing a brace that made him move like a robot. 

"I'm sorry, Mom and Dad..." he said, apologizing for having a boyfriend that caused so much trouble, even though their relationship had already ended. But he was mainly apologizing for the fact that he still loved Mingyu, and now set his mind to get him back, considering it was evident that he loved him too. 

When his parents woke up, they were quickly at Wonwoo's side, asking him if he was okay. Wonwoo nodded in reply, 

"Mom, Dad..." Wonwoo started, "It was Mingyu who brought me here, wasn't it?" he said.

The couple looked at each other and then Narin hesitated to say,

"W-well, honey-"

"If he told you to not tell me, it's too late. I already know." Wonwoo said, smiling into his lap as he fiddled with his fingers, and the hospital blankets.

"Ugh, I had an idiot boyfriend" the teen continued.

"But, I still love him... And he loves me too, doesn't he?" he asked, looking at his parents. They looked at each other and then a smile came over both of their faces as they nodded slowly.

"Mom, Dad. Will you guys still support me- I mean, us?"  Wonwoo said, and now his parents knew that he was determined to get back together with an idiot who thought breaking up for safety was the best choice.

"Of course!" Minsung said, before Narin, who usually confirms things with Wonwoo first, could. 

"Are you sure?" Wonwoo said, knowing his parents approval was probably the most important thing. Also, it would give him a lot of support in his plan to get Mingyu back. 

"You chose a very nice boy to love, Wonwoo-ah.." Narin said, "Although, I never knew you were dating a bad boy." Minsung commented.

"A bad boy? Are you sure?" Wonwoo repeated, "Yeah, because a bad boy leaves me flowers, and prepares me ramen as I'm sleeping..." Wonwoo said, laughing to himself. 

"Okay, so I'm assuming you're going to confront Mingyu about your relationship?" Minsung inquired.

"Yeah, I really think I need to try and make us work." Wonwoo answered.

"But, being involved with him is a little dangerous.. Are you sure?" Narin asked, for reassurance. 

Wonwoo looked at the ramen, that was still steaming, and noticed the bouquet that was the exact same on Valentine's day, and looked back at his parents with a confident smile,

"I'm sure."

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE; 

another update. yaaay. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! A lot of you guys have been starting to comment, ever since I increased the tension and slight drama, and I really appreciate that. It's also really amazing to see new readers commenting, and I'm extremely grateful for all my readers and subscribers. I'd just like to thank my subscribers for actually sticking to, and regularly reading this story, and also thank you to my new readers who decide to click on this story. ok ANYWAY LOL; yeah! so this chapter was pretty fun to write (: so I hope you guys enjoyed. Also! Comment, subscribe, upvote & whateverrrrrrrrrr; 

lmao seriously tho guys, comment your thoughts on this chapter, and the story as a whole, subscribe to keep updated and upvote if you guys are enjoying Polar so far! All these things mean a lot to me, and I love all of you guys!

I don't know what I can tell you about next chapter, but like every other chapter, I just hope you guys look forward to it!

also, sorry if this chapter kind of . idk at this point LOL

P.S; if you guys like Meanie & angst, then go read my other Meanie fanfic Here. It's completed (:

Thanks for reading this update, and I'll try and update soon, until then, PEACE - Zen.