Declaration

Polar.

        Unable to fathom a response, Wonwoo just stood there, entrapped by the handsome tall man who was centimetres away from him. The Class Pres. remained still, his mouth gaping open, as if he were going to say something but no vocalization occured. He didn't break eye contact with Mingyu, who's cold eyes were locked and only focused on Wonwoo's. Wonwoo's eyes were filled with embarrassment, and a bit of worry, and he felt his cheeks begin to feel warm as blood flushed through. Wonwoo wanted to defend himself, and managed to get some weird vocal noises from his mouth, but no actual words came out. Soon, Mingyu's smug smirk turned into a childish smile as he backed away from the Class Pres. The latter started laughing as he made his way back to the couch, and picked up his manga again.

"ing tease." Wonwoo thought to himself as he rolled his eyes, 

Mingyu saw the action, and scoffed.

"Yah, calm down. I was just kidding.", he assured from the couch. 

Wonwoo cleared his throat, and laughed awkwardly,

"Duh. Why would I like someone like you?" Mingyu looked up from his manga at the shorter's words.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Wonwoo was simply repeating what he had heard the whole day. 

"We're nothing alike. We're practically opposites, so ofcourse you were kidding!" Wonwoo said, not really believing in his own words, but if what he was saying cleared up any suspicion, he didn't mind a little lying. 

The latter on the couch just nodded and said,

"So, your type is someone who's like you. Easily compatible, and a lot of similarities." Mingyu assumed out loud.

To further obliterate the chance of Mingyu finding out Wonwoo's true feelings, as even he wasn't sure of them himself, he nodded confidently and said,

"Mhm!"

Mingyu laughed, 

"So, tell me again why you rejected Junhui?" 

Wonwoo was going to reply,

"I mean, you two look good together. As I said, you guys were basically dating. The only thing missing was the kisses... but, that didn't go too well, it seems." Mingyu added. 

Wonwoo came up with a swift excuse,

"Well, there's someone else."

He said, hoping to peak Mingyu's interest. Was it an act to make him jealous? Honestly, Wonwoo didn't know, but he was too caught up in the moment. His mind in disarray of whether or not he actually liked the guy, also Jun was somewhere in his disorganized thoughts thus resulting in the decision to mention someone, who didn't even exist.

Mingyu didn't even react, and Wonwoo kind of felt disappointed. The relaxed latter simply nodded, and didn't bother to dig further into the topic of the so called, "someone else". Awkward silence filled the room, which gave Wonwoo time to look around a bit. The buildling was abandoned, but it looked like it was in pretty good shape. In the middle was a couch, and directly above was a skylight. Around the room were really manly things, Wonwoo thought. There was a baseball bat in the corner, a basketball near the couch. But, there was also a bookshelf right behind were Mingyu was laying, and it was lined with manga. Honestly, the "base" looked like a typical teenage boy's bedroom. Surprisingly, there were no racy girl posters, which made Wonwoo feel a little more at ease. But, there was a photo that caught his eye. On the bookshelf was a picture frame, and as Wonwoo got closer, he managed to make out that it was a picture of a group of boys. Mingyu was still reading, so he didn't notice Wonwoo making his way to the picture. Wonwoo picked up the frame, and held it in his hands, and inspected it. He recognized the face of the person that was in the same room. Mingyu looked really happy in the photo, and a little younger... It looked like he was still innocent, and just happy, Wonwoo thought. He noticed that Mingyu had his arm around someone, and there was an arm around his neck. The arm was connected to a boy on Mingyu's left, who wore a bright, huge smile. His eyes barely visible with his happy face. Mingyu and the unknown boy appeared really close. Wonwoo's eyes trailed around the rest of the picture, and he recognized another face, Minghao. Including those 3, there were about 11 boys in the picture. 

"Yah, who are these people?" Wonwoo asked, while still holding the picture.

Mingyu looked up from his book, and looked at Wonwoo. His eys trailed down from Wonwoo's face, to his hands, and he saw what he was referring to.

"Ah~." Mingyu said, and a sad smile appeared on his face. Wonwoo tilted his head in curiousity,

"Is this your gang?"

Mingyu laughed, and said

"Well, that's what we're labled as... But, we're more like brothers... We get in to fights a bit, but, it's normal for guys our age, right?" the latter said.

Wonwoo continued asking questions,

"Do you guys hang out here?"

"It's a common meetup place for all of us, so yeah, we spend most of our time here.", he answered.

"Are you the leader?"

Mingyu laughed again,

"Well, I guess you could call me that... Minghao plays a leading role too."

Wonwoo was going to ask about the boy that Mingyu had around his neck, but thankfully decided that right now wasn't a good time and asked a different question,

"So... where are they now?"

Mingyu smiled and pointed at the clock that was up on the right wall. 

"School, Mr. Class President."

Wonwoo gasped slightly before saying,

"Oh yeah~."

Then, he remembered that he stormed out of the class during lunch. He also recalled the main reason he came to this place, and risked going back to the alley. Looking at the clock, he then realized that he had wasted almost an hour here, not even talking about what Wonwoo went there for. He got kind of irritate and said,

"Yah. Let's go back to school."

Mingyu looked up, and raised a brow.

"Why?"

Wonwoo rolled his eyes,

"Yah. I told you before, let's go clarify the situation with the principal!"

The Class Pres. said, his voice getting increasingly louder by the end of the sentence. He also began to hit Mingyu on the head lightly with the photo frame.

"Ah A-ah, YAH!" Mingyu said while trying to defend himself. Wonwoo laughed at seeing the taller who was well known for being tough, and a delinquent, in such a state.

"Yah, Wonwoo-ah. Stop."

The victim said, laughing a little himself, which didn't make Wonwoo want to stop. The Class Pres. continued hitting,

"Sto~~p. The frame is important." he said, whining.

Wonwoo replied,

"I'll stop once you get up from the couch."

Mingyu put his hands up in surrender and said,

"Okay, okay." as he got up.

Wonwoo held the frame in his hands, prepared to continue hitting if the latter sat back down. But, he didn't and Mingyu jumped over the couch, and landed in front of Wonwoo, and took the picture. He placed it back where it previously was, and once again a sad smile appeared on his face. Wonwoo eyes slightly saddened at the latter's expression, but then furrowed his brows and gritted his teeth when Mingyu sighed after placing the frame back, hopped back over the couch, and continued reading. Since he came from school, Wonwoo still had his backpack on, and he ped it, got out his pencil case and threw it at Mingyu. The pencil case hit the manga, causing it to fall right on Mingyu's face.

"I said, let's go."

Mingyu picked up the book from his face, revealing a slightly annoyed expression,

"Yah! You made me lose my page."

"Let's go~" Wonwoo said, sincerely getting annoyed at this point.

"Why do you care~" Mingyu argued mockingly, in the same tone.

"Because I'm the Class President. Now, get your off that couch and come." Wonwoo demanded.

Mingyu smirked slyly,

"You weren't acting like Class President for the past 2 months. Where were you reprimanding the rules when I was skipping class, hmm?" Mingyu said, and Wonwoo didn't reply because he honestly didn't know how to.

"Yeah, but now I like you, duh." Wonwoo thought to himself, he would never say it out loud, because he barely acknowledged it.

"Plus, school ends in like 10 minutes, anyway, there's no point. So, if that's all you came here for, you can leave." Mingyu said as he gestured towards the door.

Wonwoo didn't say anything, but devised a plan in his head. He wasn't Top of the Class for mere lucky guesses, and decided to use his brains for this situation. He recalled that the walk from school to here was approximately 20 minutes, but he also stopped by the alley, so he took that into consideration. Also, after living in the same town for 18 years, Wonwoo knew all the roads, so he found the shortest route from here to school. So, if the trip took 20 minutes walking, how long would it take if he was travelling at the speed of "running away from your life." Wonwoo thought that school being over by the time they got there was alright, since the teachers would all be in the staff office, and they wouldn't be teaching a class, ultimately making it easier to find time and explain. Wonwoo's goal wasn't to get Jun in trouble, he just wanted to clarify things, since Mingyu never did so himself. After concluding that his plan had a decent chance at succeeding, the Class Pres. decided to put it into action.

"Fine." Wonwoo stated, but didn't move to the door, he remained in his statue like posture near the bookshelf. He looked at the frame containing 11 boys, and thought,

"I'm counting on you."

Wonwoo then looked at Mingyu,

"3", he counted down to himself,

Mingyu just looked at the standing figure,

"2." Wonwoo continued to count, preparing himself for his plan. He didn't break eye contact between him and the relaxed latter. He inhaled deeply,

"1."

Then, in a swift motion, Wonwoo grabbed the photo frame from the bookshelf, and sprinted for the door. Mingyu saw and he opened his eyes wide in surprise. He cursed under his breath, and sprawled from his relaxed laying position, and started running after the Class Pres. Now, Wonwoo didn't have time or much interest in playing sports, but don't misunderstand, he was pretty good at them. He was especially good at running. The shorter sprinted out the base, and almost a split second afterwards, Mingyu burst out through the door. And then, a high speed man chase began. Wonwoo's natural athletic ability was an advantage, but Mingyu's long legs kind of made up for him. The taller liked basketball though, so his speed and endurance were on par with Wonwoo's. Wonwoo ran his way to the school, holding the precious photo frame in his right hand. The Class Pres. checked back once and a while to make sure Mingyu was still following, and each time, he was. 

"This picture must be really important, huh?" He thought as he looked at it while running. They were getting closer to the school, and Wonwoo decided to pick up the pace. Wonwoo bolted past the alleyway filled with the rebels, which they reacted saying

"Yah! Look, it's that loser again!"

But, after Wonwoo's figure zoomed past the alleyway, Mingyu's soon sprinted by, too. The group of rebels stared at the unique sight of one of the most well known delinquents, chasing down a complete nerd. Conversation started buzzing amongst them,

"I wonder if that loser did something that pissed off Mingyu."

"But, the nerd was smiling. No one smiles while getting chase by Mingyu-ssi."

"True... but, why would Mingyu waste his time with someone like him?".

The sprinting duo were getting closer to school, and Mingyu was slowly catching up. The school was finally in view, and there were groups of people, walking away. Wonwoo assumed that school had just ended. The Class Pres. continued sprinting, and Mingyu followed close behind. There were a couple of gasps and subtle screams coming from the crowd, as fellow students saw the Class Pres. with a smile on his face, as he was getting chased by someone the student body knew as dangerous. Jun, who was walking with Minghao and having small talk saw his bestfriend zoom past. And right behind him was someone he despised. Minghao saw the sight as well, and started giggling like a kid, when he noticed the jealousy in Jun's eyes. 

"Yah, you're being too obvious." Minghao said, making Jun flustered, which made the new student laugh even more. 

The couple was now continuing the chase inside the school. Wonwoo made a beeline to the staff office. The Class President slammed open the door, giving the working teachers inside a startle. Wonwoo bowed respectively, and forced a smile to all of his teachers. He heard footsteps quickly approaching, and so his eyes darted around the room, trying to the find the teacher who had suspended him, Mr. Hyuk. Wonwoo found him, and his eyes widened in relief and happiness, thankful that Mr. Hyuk was still there, and started walking towards him. Mingyu ran into the office, earning glares from teachers, to which he bowed respectively to. He saw Wonwoo, and angrily quickened his step as he walked up beside him. He realized what teacher Wonwoo was talking to, and looked away, not wanting to deal with this, but it was too late. 

"Mr. Hyuk," Wonwoo said in a respectful tone.

Mingyu tried tugging the Pres' arm to get him to stop, but Wonwoo shrugged it off.

"Ah, Wonwoo-ssi. How's our Top Student?" 

Mingyu rolled his eyes at the prestigious title.

"Actually, Mr. Hyuk, I wanted to talk to you about the suspension regarding Mingyu.", Wonwoo disregarded the question, and gestured towards the taller who was kind of out of place, standing beside Wonwoo.

"Ah, yes.", Mr. Hyuk looked at the latter, up and down "Mingyu-ssi.", he said with a tint of disapproval in his voice. 

"Yes. He-"

"I don't need you speaking for me."

Wonwoo was going to lecture Mingyu, telling him that he should clarify and stand up for himself, when Mingyu continued speaking

"Mr. Hyuk, the punch you saw me throw today was in self defense. Junhui hit me first, and my first instinct was to swing back. I apologize." Mingyu said, bowing formally. 

Wonwoo was surprised, because Mingyu finally clarified the situation. He didn't bother to do that during detention that day. And, he didn't even bother to tell Jun that he didn't punch him. Mr. Hyuk folded his hands on his desk that was crowded with tests, and papers, as he was in the middle of marker.

"I see. Well, Mingyu-ssi. The fact that you returned shows that you would like to attend school,"

Mingyu had to contain his laugh at that statement, "Yeah, sure. I'm dying to be here." he thought to himself.

"But, you still retaliated with violence. Violence is never the answer, Mingyu-ssi.", the teacher said. Mingyu had heard that line way too many times, but he still nodded at the words.

"I'll let you serve detention today, and you can return to school tomorrow. I'll talk to the principal myself. Mingyu-ssi, you can wait for me in room 112 and I'll be there in a moment." 

The couple bowed and dismissed themselves from the office. The mismatched duo was walking down the empty halls, side by side. They weren't talking, but Wonwoo enjoyed his company. Suddenly, Mingyu outstretched his hand, towards Wonwoo. Unsure of what to do, Wonwoo hesitantly placed his hand inside the latter's. Mingyu gave the shorter a confused look, and said,

"The picture."

Wonwoo quickly took his hand out of Mingyu's. And fumbled for the picture frame, flustered and embarrassed. Wonwoo placed the picture in Mingyu's hand, and remained silent. Mingyu accepted the frame, and covered his mouth as he started laughing. Wonwoo hit the latter in the arm, and began walking at a faster pace, leaving Mingyu behind. Coincidentally, where Wonwoo left him was room 112, where Mingyu had to stay. So, while Wonwoo was walking away, Mingyu called out

"Wonwoo-ah!", Wonwoo turned around hesistantly, as he didn't want Mingyu to see his bright red cheeks. But, the Class Pres. turned around anyway, and his cheeks got a chuckle from Mingyu.

"What?!" Wonwoo said, embarrassed and just wanting to leave.

Mingyu smiled sweetly, and said

"You look cute in glasses."

Wonwoo's eyes widened in embarrassment, and immediately turned around before his cheeks became any redder. He heard Mingyu chuckle, and the door open

"See you tomorrow!" Mingyu added,

Then, the shorter heard the door to room 112 close. He began walking faster, he just wanted to get home and catch up on the work he had missed for skipping to go see Mingyu. As he was walking away, a shy bashful smile crept on his face.

"See you tomorrow, huh?"

 

The next day Wonwoo got into class and had a smile on his face. He passed by Jun and Minghao's desk, giving Jun an awkward smile and waved hesitantly. Jun in reply gave a big smile, and waved back. Wonwoo made his way to his desk, and started smiling internally when he saw that to the left was the back of a boy with hair sleeked up and to the side. He sat down in his desk silently, as by now he knew that Mingyu was napping. 

"Yah!" Wonwoo said, waking up the latter in surprise. Wonwoo started laughing and so did Mingyu.

"Morning." Mingyu said as he yawned, his voice deep and raspy as he had just awoke from a nap.

"Morning!" Wonwoo replied cheerfully, "Do we have Science this period?" he asked as he started unpacking a binder from his bag

"Nope," Mingyu said, and Wonwoo gave him a curious look,

"Then why are you here?" Wonwoo asked.

"Just wanted to come." Mingyu replied, and he looked at Wonwoo with a smile. Wonwoo started laughing and said,

"Yah~. The delinquent finally comes to class.. Miracles really do happen." 

Mingyu raised his hand pretending to hit him, 

"Wanna die?" 

The two began laughing. Their interaction was a little more natural now, but there were still moments that lead to awkward tension and silence. Their laughs caught the attention of Minghao and Jun. Minghao glared at Jun to observe his reaction, and Jun's face turned serious as he looked at the two. Minghao sighed and just continued conversing to his new acquiantances. Their teacher walked in, and looked at Mingyu with a surprised and satisfied face. 

"Okay, Class! Today, I have a special announcement.", he started. And the class began talking amongst themselves in excitement and curiosity.

"So! We have planned a special trip for you guys. It's an overnight trip," and his announcement was interrupted by a raise in volume as the student's excitement increased.

"Hush, be quiet, kids.", he reprimanded his class, and soon it was quiet enough for him to continue,

"It'll be an overnight trip, and we will be camping. 2 days, 1 night. I have permission forms here, but some of you are already 18 and can sign the form yourselves. However, those under 18, please have your legal guardian sign it. Now, by a show of hands, can I see how many of you are actually planning to attend?" he asked.

Wonwoo immediately put up his hand, and exclaimed

"Me!"

Then, a voice from the back said,

"Me too!", and Jun raised his hand. Wonwoo looked back as his bestfriend gave him a smile, and Wonwoo habitually smiled back

Mingyu looked back at Jun, and glared at him. Jun glared back, and neither of them broke their stare. Soon after, Mingyu smirked, returned his focus to the teacher up front and said,

"Me three." and raised his hand in the air.

Mingyu's participation caught people off guard, and Wonwoo looked at him and Mingyu just smiled innocently. The latter then looked back at Jun who was glaring at him in anger. The two shared an intense stare while keeping their hands in the air. Wonwoo looked at both of them, and then at Minghao, who mouthed

"That. means. war."

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

hi, hello. So! It's not Friday where I am (it's tomorrow)  but I did say I'd make it up to you since the previous chapter was kind of short. I'll still be updating tomorrow, so please look forward to that! xD I'm excited for the next chapter, huehue. LOL, but yeah! I hope you guys enjoyed reading, and please subscribe, comment upvote & whateverr.. LOL, seriously tho, subscribe to keep updated! And comments are always appreciated, love u guys. SEE YOU TOMORROW! -Zen.