Special

Polar.

"So... then, that's the plan?" 

"Yup. The final plan. That's how everything's going down, tomorrow." Mingyu answered.

"Okay," the familiar voice affirmed, "Then, good luck to you."

Mingyu chuckled lightly and replied with a smile,

"I should be saying that to you and him."

 

 

Various keys jingled together as Wonwoo unlocked Mingyu's apartment. He opened the door, revealing the modern living room he's familiar with, and sitting at the desk was his boyfriend of now almost 7 years. Mingyu turned around,

"Hi babe," he said,

Wonwoo plopped down on the couch, exhausted.

"Long day at work?" Mingyu asked, chuckling a little, as he sat down beside Wonwoo who wiggled his way into his boyfriend's loving arms.

"Yeah~" he said as he exhaled, but then flashed a cute smile,

"But it was worth working overtime to get the whole day off tomorrow!" Wonwoo said as he took Mingyu's hands and wrapped them around his waist. 

The couple laid there as they talking,

"Oh, speaking of tomorrow, let's go out on a date!" Mingyu said excitedly,

"But the thing-"

"That's in the evening, at 6. Let's go out before that," he assured.

Wonwoo pouted slightly, his hopes of sleeping in were slightly crushed, Mingyu noticed and then put on a fake pout himself,

"Oh fine, I see, after 6 years of dating, our dates are getting boring~" 

Wonwoo looked up, with a slightly alarmed and upset face,

"No!" he protested quickly, and he intertwined his fingers with Mingyu's.

"We're going on date tomorrow," he said. 

Mingyu put on a victorious smile and kissed the top of Wonwoo's head, as he began to become excited for the things he had planned tomorrow. After talking for while about their day, Mingyu mentioning about the class he supplied for today, the taller decided to put on a movie for the two of them.

The couple laid there for a while, and Mingyu was laughing like usual, but then suddenly quieted down when he noticed the subtle snoring coming from the man laying on his chest. Mingyu smiled sweetly as he admired the calm features of his boyfriend.  

Guess you really did have a long day, huh?

Mingyu thought before carefully moving underneath Wonwoo, making sure not to wake him up. Mingyu paused the movie, then delicately picked up the sleeping man bridal style, and slowly walked to his bedroom. He laid Wonwoo on the bed, and stared down at him.

Tsk, he still has his uniform on... 

Mingyu's hands went to the other's uniform but quickly retreated as Mingyu thought about undressing his boyfriend. He mentally scolded himself and quickly put blankets over the other, making sure he was comfortable. Then he left his room with flushed cheeks, and finished the movie. 

After the movie, Mingyu quietly made his way to bed, wiggling through the shared blankets and rested his head on the pillow. Wonwoo turned in his sleep, so now he was facing the older,

Mingyu-ah... 

His sleeping voice said sweetly and Mingyu smiled as he thought about tomorrow and their date. Another reason for his smile was the thought of how lucky he was to have been dating this person for 6, almost 7 years.

Mingyu went to bed with an unconscious smile on his face, as Wonwoo's arm wrapped around his waist, and they fell asleep in each other's arms. 

The next morning, Wonwoo woke up, still in his uniform in his boyfriend's bed. He lightly chuckled to himself as he pictured Mingyu's typical frustration last night, resulting in Wonwoo just sleeping in his uniform. He got up and stretched then look at the clock, it was only 7AM. 

He made his way to the kitchen, where Mingyu was standing over the stove, a spatula in one hand, with the handle of a pan in the other. Mingyu looked over at his boyfriend, and laughed at Wonwoo's bed hair,

"Morning, babe~" he said with a cheerful voice as he focused his attention back on the heart pancake he was creating.

Wonwoo sat at the bar stools that lined the island, as Mingyu placed the heart pancakes infront of Wonwoo.

Wonwoo laughed and said.

"What's the special occasion?" he asked as he picked up a fork, and inspected the cute shaped pancakes.

"Spending the day with you," Mingyu said,

"It's been a while since we've just spent some time together, considering we're both working now..." Mingyu set another plate of pancakes infront of Wonwoo for himself, and  sat down.

"I just miss you, that's all." he said with a smile, making Wonwoo blush slightly.

"Miss me? S-stupid, you see me like every week" Wonwoo stuttered as he lowered his head to eat the pancakes, but mainly to hide his rosy cheeks.

Mingyu chuckled,

"That's nothing compared to everyday like when we were in highschool" he responded, and with a smile he said,

"But that's okay, today I have you all to myself!" then he took a bite of the pancakes, nodding his head in satisfaction. 

The couple finished their breakfast, and got changed quickly. Wonwoo had some of his clothes at Mingyu's apartment from previous nights, and visits. 

When they were ready to go, they exited the apartment, and Wonwoo began making his way to Mingyu's car, until he noticed Mingyu didn't follow.

"Where are you going, babe?"

"It's a really nice day to walk," Mingyu reasoned as he looked up at the sky. The sun was shining, and the sky was blue. 

Perfect.

"Plus, if I drive, I can't hold your hand properly" Mingyu said as he took Wonwoo's hand in his and began walking.

They were walking down the familiar streets of their hometown, when Mingyu's eyes brightened up at a certain street.

"Babe, I want some icecream" he said, and before Wonwoo could object, he was being pulled by the hand by his boyfriend.

"Thank you!" Mingyu said as he accepted the cone of chocolate, and another of vanilla from the person behind the counter.

He handed the vanilla to Wonwoo, who laughed and looked at Mingyu,

"You still hate vanilla, huh?"

"Says the one who still hates chocolate~" Mingyu retaliated childishly, as he stuck out his tongue to Wonwoo. 

"You're still so immature, I can't believe you're 26" Wonwoo said as he shock his head in faux disapproval and took a of icecream,

"I'll show you immature" Mingyu said as he took his barely eaten cone and shoved it on Wonwoo's face, snickering as he ran away,

"Yah, Kim Mingyu!!" Wonwoo yelled, as he chased after his manchild of a boyfriend, who was already running, his familiar cute laughter filling the streets.

Mingyu didn't get very far until his boyfriend, who had endured vigorous training for the past 4 years, caught up and got his revenge, leaving cold, half melted vanilla icecream on the teacher's  face.

The laughing couple received glances from the pedestrians, who earnestly questioned if they were the age their faces and bodies appeared.

"Mommy, I want icecream" a child said,

"Yoorin-ah, don't point!" the mother scolded as she quicked her pace away from the couple.

 

After cleaning themselves up at a public bathroom, resulting in them receiving more odd stares, they continued walking on the streets, hand in hand.

"So, where to next?" Wonwoo asked,

"Hm, considering I didn't even get to eat my icecream, let's go for some burgers~" Mingyu said.

"You say that like it was my fault.." the shorter of the two said under his breath, then laughed as he caught up to Mingyu. 

After stoppping by a faintly familiar fast food chain and getting their burgers, they decided to sit a while and eat. The couple conversed when they finished eating, catching up on the week, something they didn't really get to do last night as Wonwoo was exhausted. Wonwoo was sipping his Cola through a straw when he noticed Mingyu staring at him, his chin being supported by the palm of his hand.

"What?" Wonwoo asked, biting the straw between his teeth.

Mingyu stayed quiet, as a cute smile spread across his face,

"I really really love you." 

Wonwoo coughed on the soda that was still going down his throat. After 6 years, you would think one would get used to those words, especially from their significant other. 

"C'mon, babe! We have 5 more hours, let's make the most of it!" Mingyu said, grabbing Wonwoo by the wrist. 

They made their way down the sidewalks, walking a route that Wonwoo felt he had walked before. As a matter of fact, this whole day has felt like deja vu, but Wonwoo was too happy to think deeper about it. 

It's true that they haven't had a date in a while. With Wonwoo working as a detective, and Mingyu teaching as a professor, the two barely had time and energy to go out like they used to. But that doesn't mean they didn't make the effort. They tried setting up dates once every week, but it'd been awhile, and Wonwoo noticed that Mingyu was going an extra mile today. 

Today was special.

They continued walking until they reached a building that both of them could recognize in a heartbeat, Mingyu especially. Wonwoo smiled as he took Mingyu's hand, and they entered the building together, weaving through people and familiar corridors as they reached a room. 

The couple entered the room, and a feeling of awe rushed over them as they looked up to the ceiling, revealing the galaxy they've seen thousands of times. Mingyu smiled as they sat down, and intertwined hands again. 

"So, Professor Kim, tell me about the stars and constellations" Wonwoo teased,

Mingyu smiled proudly and said,

"Well, Detective Jeon, please listen intently and ask questions if you don't understand something." he responded and then proceeded to point up to the ceiling. 

The couple remained there for a while, time slipping their thoughts as they just enjoyed each other's company, which is something they missed.

Wonwoo admired the way Mingyu's face lit up with passion, and flashbacks from the past invaded his mind. He thought about the Mingyu from 6 years ago, how his bruised face had changed, but the love in his eyes as he talked about the galaxy remained the same. Mingyu caught Wonwoo's mindless staring, and kissed him quickly on the lips, slightly startling the shorter.

"Students should pay attention during the lesson," Mingyu teased after he released his boyfriend's lips.

"That better not be the way you get them to stop daydreaming, or we're going to have some problems.." Wonwoo joked back. 

"None of them daydream, I'm just that interesting" the other responded, with a cocky smile,

"You're lame" Wonwoo said as he chuckled and leaned his head on his boyfriend's shoulder.

Mingyu took a quick look at his watch, and it read 2PM. The couple agreed to be home by 4:30, so they would have suffecient time to get ready for 6.

"Babe, let's go have lunch somewhere!"Mingyu said as he began getting up from the theater seats, 

"Okay, where?" the shorter answered as he followed suit.

"Hmm, just follow me" Mingyu answered vaguely.

Halfway through the walk, Wonwoo already knew where they were headed.

"Hi Narin!" Mingyu said when they reached their destination, and a woman opened the door.

"Oh! Mingyu-ah, Wonwoo-ah!" she exclaimed happily as she let her son and boyfriend in. 

"Sorry for intruding~" Mingyu said as he began taking off his shoes,

"No, no it's fine! We were just about to have lunch" Minsung said as Narin went into the kitchen to retrieve more plates for the 2 'guests'. 

Wonwoo looked at Mingyu, his eyes conveying the message of,

Really? Couldn't you have chosen somewhere else to eat?

Mingyu glared back,

Sorry babe, I wanted to see your parents

Mingyu and Wonwoo sat at the table, and spoke with the Jeon parents, conversing about their lives and everything that's happened since they've last spoken. When they were done, Narin left to go wash the dishes,

"Oh, Narin, let me help you" Mingyu said as he followed her into the kitchen. 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo and Minsung caught up on life, talking about nothing in particular. 

"So, are you ready for tonight?" Minsung asked his son,

"Yeah, I'm really excited, it's a big day for-"

Before Wonwoo could finish his reply, Mingyu and Narin walked out of the kitchen, Narin wearing a huge grin on her face as Mingyu displayed a content smile. 

"C'mon, babe, we gotta go to one more place before we go back home" Mingyu said as he took Wonwoo by the wrist.

It seems like he's just been pulled along the whole day, Wonwoo thought to himself.

"Wait- ugh, okay! Bye Mom and Dad, thanks for having us over!" the detective said as he slipped on his shoes, hurriedly to match Mingyu's pace.

"Thank you, Narin and Minsung!" Mingyu called out as he opened the door.

The last thing Wonwoo heard before leaving the Jeon home was a question from his father, which he was wondering too,

"Narin, why are you smiling like that?"

 

The couple stopped by a place familiar to the both of them. It held a lot of treasured memories. Mingyu opened the door slowly, but was slightly startled when he saw 4 pairs of eyes looking back at him.

"Mingyu-ah?!" Jihoon asked, surprised.

Mingyu's face brightened with happiness, as he quickly entered the base, Wonwoo following right behind

"Yah, what're you guys doing here?" Jeonghan asked,

"I took a chance, I needed to see you guys before the thing tonight" Mingyu replied, sitting himself on the couch, and looking around. 

"Yah~ this feels so nostalgic" he continued,

"You say that everytime you come back here" Wonwoo said, sitting himself beside Seungcheol.

"So why did you need to see us?" Jisoo said, as Jeonghan leaned back and wrapped an arm his shoulder

"Tonight, I was wondering if I could talk to you, at the venue before the reception."

The 4 men stared at him,

"Are you joking?" Jihoon said, "You could've asked us while we were there"

"But you might've bailed since it was last minute, and it's really really important" the tallest, former leader assured.

"Yeah, fine, we'll meet you there." Jihoon said, as he looked at the clock on the wall, and stood up,

"But we should probably all go get ready.." The other boys noticed the time and got up themselves, 

"Tell the other boys too when you see them!" Mingyu said as he and Wonwoo began leaving the base

"Yah! Stop calling us boys, we're not 18 anymore!" Jeonghan objected and Mingyu's chuckle could be heard as they left the base.

The couple arrived at Mingyu's apartment with enough time for both of them to get ready. They both took individual showers, then changed into formal suits for tonight was a special occasion. 

After they changed, the 2 did their hair, Wonwoo left his black hair down, while Mingyu's hair was sleeked up, forming a nice quiff, which reminded Wonwoo of their teenage years. 

"Damn, we're attractive" Mingyu said as he looked in the mirror, Wonwoo standing in front of him.

Mingyu smiled as he kissed Wonwoo on the cheek, as then began putting his shoes on, which Wonwoo followed shortly after.

They got into Mingyu's car, fully dressed and looked at the time displayed on the radio. It was 5PM, but they needed to get there early, to help out.

Wonwoo was bouncing his leg up and down, making Mingyu laugh a little,

"Why're you nervous?"

Wonwoo stopped the shaking and looked at his boyfriend,

"Well, to be completely honest, it's a little nerve wracking when your bestfriend is going to get married."

"Mine is too, and you don't see my leg shaking" Mingyu argued,

"As someone who was a delinquent in their past years, I would assume you didn't get nervous easily." the other countered, laughing.

"Well, as someone who's currently a detective, I would assume you didn't-"

"Just keep driving, Mingyu-ah." Wonwoo ordered, as Mingyu put on a triumphant smile.

 

The couple arrived at the church, stepping out of the car, and readjusting their suits. 

"Are we late?" Wonwoo asked,

"As best men, slightly, but as guests no. It's only 5:27, the ceremony starts at 6." Mingyu answered.

"Shall we?" Wonwoo asked, putting out his arm, and smiling as Mingyu linked his own.

"We shall!" Mingyu exclaimed happily, as he basically skipped into the chapel.

When the couple entered, there were people hurrying everywhere. Carrying boxes, fixing decorations, but they couldn't seem to find the only 2 they were looking for.

"Wanna split up?" Mingyu asked, and got a questioning look from the shorter,

"They're weird, they probably did the whole 'not see each other for 24 hours thing" he elaborated before smiling and letting go of Wonwoo's hand.

Mingyu looked around for a short while before finding a room, containing his best friend, already in his tuxedo.

"Yo, Minghao-ah!" 

Minghao turned around from the chair he was sitting impatiently in, and smiled upon seeing his bestfriend.

"Mingyu-ah!" he cheered as they shared a brief hug.

"Yah~" Mingyu said as he looked at Minghao up and down, inspecting his sleek black tuxedo, 

"So this is really happening, huh?" 

Minghao smiled and nodded vigorously. Mingyu laughed and looked at his watch, 

"In half an hour, my bestfriend will officially be off the market!"

Minghao laughed at the other's statement,

"So, where's Wonwoo? He did come, right?" he asked.

"He's looking for Jun," Mingyu looked around the room, "Did you guys really do the 'not see each other for 24 hours' thing?"

"We modified it to 12..." the shorter answered with a chuckle.

"Minghao-ssi, the altar is ready for you guys to prepare. Some guests have arrived outside." the voice of a girl interrupted their conversation, as Minghao nodded in gratitude.

The male inhaled deeply as an excited smile made its way to his cute face.

"Yah, bestman, head out first." he ordered, as Mingyu obeyed and made his way out the door. 

The taller looked back and asked,

"Are you ready?" 

Minghao smiled back,

"Ofcourse I am..." he answered confidently before raising a brow at the male halfway out the door,

"Are you?" 

Mingyu just laughed in reply and began to find Wonwoo. 

 

The ceremony was beautiful, and Mingyu had to stifle his laughter at the altar when Wonwoo started tearing up a bit. Minghao and Jun's vows were cute and funny, just like their relationship. The reception was announced to begin shortly, so within the time the married couple were receiving congratulations and well wishes, Mingyu met up with the boys.

The reception was held at a separate hall, that was decorated beautifully in white and silver, making the night appear more magical than it already did.

After the couple said a few words, thanking their guests for coming the dinner began. Mingyu and Wonwoo sat at the table with Minghao and Jun, along with Jihoon and Seungcheol. At the tables to the left and right of them, were the rest of the boys, conversing with each other as if nothing as changed from 6 years ago.

"Frick, I'll be right back, I need to go the washroom" Mingyu said,

"Seriously, babe?"

"I drank a lot of soda, sorry." he apologized to the couple and Wonwoo before leaving the table.

After Mingyu left, someone helping out with the wedding walked up to Minghao with a bouquet.

"Oh, thank you?" he said, his tone of voice raising at the end.

Wonwoo began laughing,

"Are you gonna throw it?" 

Jun nudged Minghao in the side with his elbow. Minghao stared at the flowers,

"Yeah, why the Hell not." he replied with a slight chuckle and got up from his seat. 

The guests cheered as Minghao walked to the center of the dancefloor, and crowded behind him. 

"Okay!" he announced,

"This is really cheesy and cliche, but so is the fact that Jun and I are highschool sweethearts." he continued, making them laugh.

"You should go since Mingyu's in the washroom," Jun suggested to Wonwoo. 

Wonwoo exhaled with a smile and joined the crowd himself.

"Alright! So as you all know, the person who catches this by fate or, you know, good hand eye-coordination, which ever floats your boat,"

The group of people laughed again,

"Will the be next one to get married!" Minghao explained before turning around.

"Are you ready?!" he yelled and the group roared in reply. 

Minghao pretended to throw the bouquet, before turning around, confusing the crowd of people, and Wonwoo himself. The recently marriedman smiled widely as he began to walk towrds Wonwoo, who wore a confused expression.

He handed him the bouquet, and before Wonwoo could ask questions. Jihoon from behind the DJ's table started playing a song.

105 is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I wanna be with you,

Wonwoo looked around the group, confused before his eyes locked on Mingyu who was supposed to be in the washroom.

The boys otherwise known as 'The Kings' formed a path themselves, leading Mingyu straight to Wonwoo, as the song continued in the background.

Wake up every morning with you in my bed

And that's precisely what I plan to do

Mingyu's smile shined brightly as he approached the love of his life, who was staring at him, stunned.

"Hi." he said, when he reached him.

"Today, was a really special day for our bestfriends... But, I hope this day will also be special for us to." he continued, as Wonwoo remained speechless,

"I don't know if you noticed, but I tried my best to reenact our first date. Because the butterflies that I felt on our first date, they're still there..."

Mingyu looked into the eyes of his boyfriend, which were unconsciously b with tears,

"Hmm.. I don't know how to say how much I love you. I honestly think it's something I've experience for almost 7 years, yet still can't put into words. But, something I do know for sure, is that you make me so insanely happy. I do know that I have never loved anyone as much as I love you, and I don't think I'll find anyone who makes me as happy as you do. And I certainly don't plan on searching for someone that does, because I don't think they exist."

Mingyu chuckled as Wonwoo smiled.

A few seconds of silence passed, an endearing smile still on Mingyu's lips as he knelt down on one knee and grabbed Wonwoo's left hand.

Wonwoo dropped the bouquet he was holding to cover his mouth as tears of happiness started trailing down his cheeks. 

Mingyu looked up into Wonwoo's eyes, as he displayed a beautiful diamond ring, still holding Wonwoo's left hand,

"Jeon Wonwoo," he said,

"Will you spend the rest of your life with me?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

and so, the story is VERY close to an end. c: LOL I hope you liked this chapter- I was wondering how I would make Mingyu propose so this is just qwoefgehwgh. LOL xD

AND SO, THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE THE LAST! ^_^

I'm so grateful that you guys followed this story- I'll save the sappy stuff for the next update. LMAO BUT I STILL LOVE YOU & THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. <3

ANYWAY! please comment your thoughts, opinions or anything, really. I love reading them c: Upvote if you like this story! ^_^ I would ask to subscribe, but there's like 1 chapter left. rip LOL

GUYS IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE EVE.. heuh. i hope i get an album for christmas asdfghjkl. LOL 

I'll try and update soon, but until then - PEACE! ^_^ - Zen.