Reminder

Polar.

Wonwoo awoke the next morning, although it was hard to open his eyes since the tears from the previous night had dried. He forgot why he was crying, then slowly remembered as a picture of the 11th boy of the group came into mind. The Class President also remembered his boyfriend's difficult past, that probably still haunts him today, and started off his morning with tears falling down as steadily and peacefully as the graceful snow outside the window. He was still crying when Narin knocked then walked into the room to wake her son up. Wonwoo looked at him, his eyebrows framed his eyes sadly as he continued crying.

"Oh, sweetie..." Narin said as she hugged the Class Pres. 

"How can he be so strong and happy, Mom?" Wonwoo asked as his tears started to stop, and he was just sulking now.

"It's because he has his brothers supporting him. His mom who loves him, it's because he had a person like Seokmin by his side. It's because he has you now.", Narin answered.

Wonwoo smiled into their hug,

"You're the best, Mom."

"Hehe, indeed I am.", she said as she took Wonwoo's face in her hands, and wiped away his tears.

"You really love him, huh?" Narin asked, and Wonwoo smiled even more, nodding his head in confirmation.

"Okay, well, let's get you up, breakfast is ready." she said, and Wonwoo began pulling of the blankets that were keeping him warm. 

Narin left his room and then returned down to the kitchen and began making a mug of hot chocolate for Wonwoo, and 2 coffees for her and Minsung. Meanwhile, Wonwoo got up from bed, didn't bother to fix it, and just went straight to the washroom, his phone in the pocket of his hoodie that he wore to warm himself due to the lack of blankets. He shuffled, a shock of cold electricuting his body each time his bare foot touched his wood floors, making him quicken his step to the washroom. When he got into the washroom, he looked in the mirror and laughed at himself because of his black hair that went in every direction possible, and then he pouted slightly when he saw the streaks of tears on his cheeks. He was brushing his teeth when he felt a vibration in his pocket, and smiled without even looking at his phone. But, sure enough, when he did, his white phone's screen was illuminated, displaying a text from his boyfriend.

Mingyu: Good morningThanks for spending Christmas with me yesterday. You know I love you, right? hehe

Wonwoo chuckled at the lame, cute text from Mingyu and began typing back, biting his toothbrush so that he could use both of his hands.

Wonwoo: Thanks for the amazing day... and you do? Hmm, I don't recall you saying it

He teased in his reply. Wonwoo liked hearing Mingyu say 'I love you', but saying the whole thing in text would be just as satisfying. The Class President resumed brushing his teeth, waiting for Mingyu to type his reply, but suddenly got a FaceTime request, which he instantly accepted without thinking about his appearance right now. It was habitually, he didn't even check to make sure it was Mingyu and had a slight heart attack thinking of the possibility of showing his current appearance to some random person, but sighed in relief when his boyfriend's sleepy face popped up on screen. Before Wonwoo could say anything Mingyu just said,

"I love you~" with a childish, cute smile on his face and his morning voice. His eyes were closed, so the other assumed he had just woken up, but when he did open his eyes, Mingyu errupted in laughter at his boyfriend's messy appearance. Wonwoo pouted cutely, then went to say

"Yah, shut up-" 

But, spat some of the toothpaste on his phone, making Mingyu laugh even harder as Wonwoo used his sleeves to wipe the screen.

"So, you heard me loud and clear, right?" Mingyu said, after calming himself down, his words still had some laughter in them though.

"I love you, too~" Wonwoo said, smiling with toothpaste still in his mouth, making Mingyu laugh again. 

A nice start to his morning. When you're in love, good morning texts are a little more special, and can make the mood of your day, which is exactly what Mingyu did. Christmas was over and New Years was coming up. The couple agreed that they would spend New Years with their families, since they were together during Christmas, but promised to call, text, FaceTime, and meet up throughout the rest of their Winter Break. Which they did, enjoying their time together without classes in between, hanging out with the boys at the base who Wonwoo was now fully comfortable with. One day, Mingyu was hanging out at the base with a couple of the other boys, and Wonwoo decided to go surprise him, just for fun. Wonwoo managed to silently get into the base, and was about to turn the corner of the wall that leads to the main room when he realized the conversation that was being held. 

"So, yeah I told him about Seokmin...", it was his boyfriend's voice.

"How'd he take it?" Seungcheol asked, carefully. Mingyu chuckled a bit,

"What do you mean how'd he take it? You make it sound like I was telling him that we were breaking up." 

Wonwoo made a slightly horrified face at the thought of that even happening,

"He cried, and kept apologizing, when nothing was his fault... Seeing him like that made me really want to protect him." Mingyu continued. 

"Mingyu-hyung...." LeeChan started, making all the boys look at him,

"Wonwoo-hyung, or Seokmin-hyung?"

Wonwoo stopped breathing for a bit at the question, the comparison. Seungcheol immediately whipped a pillow at their group's maknae, conveying the message that what he had just said was a mistake. Not only Mingyu's, but everyone's eyes went wide as LeeChan lowered his head, apologetically.A brief moment of silence felt like an eternity as Wonwoo's mind was flooded with concerning and anxious thoughts. It's difficult to be compared to his boyfriend's first love. From the story, he could tell that Mingyu and Seokmin were extremely close, and even the whole group liked the boy. But what about him? He'd only really known Mingyu for about 5 months? Whereas Mingyu and Seokmin had been friends for multiple years. The Class President began bracing himself for an answer from his boyfriend that wouldn't be his name. He contemplated covering his ears, or going into the room before Mingyu could answer, but found himself unable to move, and just listened to Mingyu's answer. The boys in the room were quiet, waiting for their leader's answer. 

"Ofcourse," Mingyu started, and Wonwoo once again held his breath, preparing himself for an answer that may not be in his favour.

"Wonwoo.", the latter said, his voice confident, showing no sign of doubt, or hesitation. 

Wonwoo felt his cheeks flush red, which he scolded himself for. Mingyu was his boyfriend, yet he still manages to give him butterflies with certain words, or actions, or just even his presence.

"Don't get me wrong, Seokmin is still extremely important, and I don't think I'll ever forget him..." he explained, as the boys listened.

"But, he's not here anymore." Mingyu reminded

"Mingyu-ah.." Jeonghan said and even Wonwoo could hear the tint of sadness in his voice.

"I appreciate and cherish the memories with Seokmin, and I'm sure you guys do too," Mingyu said, and the boys in the room all "mhm"-ed in agreement.

"But that's the past, and we don't live there anymore. We live right here and now, and the person I love and makes me happy is Wonwoo. It's as simple and complicated as that. My present happiness and person I love is Wonwoo." he answered. 

Silence once again filled the building, as Wonwoo clutched his heart and tears lined his eyes, but he was unsure if it was out of happiness. Suddenly, Seungcheol got up from the couch he was sitting on and grabbed LeeChan into a headlock,

"Next time~", he said while ruffling Chan's hair, "don't ask such stupid questions."

The tension was broken and the boys started laughing as Chan slapped Seungcheol's arms,

"Okay, hyung! Okay!" he said as he tried to escape the headlock. 

Wonwoo decided that now would be a good time to enter, which he did and he was greeted cheerfully by the boys and his boyfriend. Wonwoo sat beside Mingyu who immediately wrapped his arms around his waist, and pulled him closer. Wonwoo suddenly gave Mingyu a quick peck on the lips, and said

"I love you", and smiled as he thought about his boyfriend's answer to LeeChan's careless question. 

The rest of their Winter Break went by quickly, and soon enough they were back to regular class schedule. On the first day back, the whole class was tired and not functioning properly, everyone still on vacation mode, even the Class President who could hardly stay awake during History. It was already January, and things were going well. Mingyu attended classes regularly, and soon picked up his ranking in class, placing him 4th on average, Minghao always 1 ahead of him which the 2 would bicker about. Obviously, top 2 were taken by Jun and Wonwoo, but honestly they were both proud of their boyfriend's achievements. With all the studies going well, Wonwoo almost forgot that he was dating a delinquent, until one day Mingyu and Minghao didn't show up for first period. It was odd, so Jun and Wonwoo texted their respective boyfriends, but both got no reply. It was in the middle of 2nd period, when their classroom door opened, slightly roughly revealing 2 boys who silently bowed at the teacher. Wonwoo noticed the fresh cuts and blood on Mingyu's face and knuckles, 

"Babe, what ha-"

"Not now, Wonwoo." Mingyu whispered, slightly stern in his tone of voice. 

Wonwoo was somewhat taken aback, and for some reason, offended. It's been a while since Mingyu actually called him 'Wonwoo', it had always been 'babe', 'baby', or other cheesy nicknames that would make the Class Pres. cringe, but now that it was just his name, he wished the old nicknames had returned. Meanwhile, Jun was also concerned about Minghao who told him that they would talk during lunch, meanwhile Wonwoo got not indication of being told at a later time. 2nd period passed by, but this time Mingyu didn't really take notes, he just scribbled in his notebook as he bounced his leg up and down, almost impatiently. When the bell for 3rd period rang, Mingyu shot up from his seat, reaching for his phone in his pocket as he left the class to go take, what Wonwoo deducted, an important phone call out in the hall. Minghao sooned followed suit, but calmly, reassuring Jun as he left. 

Meanwhile, in the hall Mingyu was on the phone with Seungcheol,

"Yeah, they were there this morning... Minghao and I took care of it, but I don't know if they'll be back... Yah, it's a little hard when we're down 8 people, okay? Plus, it's been a while since we've even fought." Minghao only heard Mingyu's replies but knew what their phone conversation was about.

Earlier this morning, Mingyu and Minghao had been hanging out at the base, agreeing that they would just walk to school together, but that plan was disrupted when Sungwon came around for a 'visit'. Obviously, it resulted in a couple of fists being thrown here and there, but Sungwon only brought a couple of boys, so Mingyu and Minghao managed to knock most of them out, but ofcourse escaping with some minor injuries themselves. After dealing with them physically, the boys decided to talk, more like threaten them and dare them to come back to this base, because next time it won't be just 2 of them. After the phonecall, Minghao decided to reprimand Mingyu for his treatment to Wonwoo, which he had noticed,

"Yah, Wonwoo's worried, you know."

"He doesn't need to know, and him knowing that we fought would probably make him more worried,"

"As if he couldn't tell by our cuts, and bruises, huh?" Minghao said, as he raised his hand, his knuckles red 

"He's your boyfriend, Mingyu-ah" Minghao reminded as if his actions made it seem like he forgot who Wonwoo was to him.

"Ofcourse he's going to be worried, but he's going to be even more worried if he's left clueless about the whole situation."

"You know I don't want to drag him into this, our life, our past, our fights, because he has nothing to do with them." the taller argued,

"It's not like you're forcing him to come fight, or stay at our base, but just tell him something!" Minghao was starting to get upset.

"I didn't force Seokmin to stay with us either, and look what happened!", the other basically yelled. 

Silence took over, as Mingyu bit his lip, and looked away while Minghao stared at the ground. Minghao knew that losing Seokmin had hit Mingyu the hardest, in fact it took their leader a while to acknowledge and address the passing out loud. Minghao also knew that the reason Mingyu was biting his lips right now was to prevent tears from falling, so he decided to not lash out on him, which he could easily do. Instead, he exhales and calms himself and was going to say something, when the two noticed Wonwoo standing at the doorway,

"Mingyu-ah...", his low voice said, and Minghao gave Mingyu a glare, his eyes saying 'If you don't tell him anything, I will. It's not like it's a big deal, just shed some light on it, don't leave Wonwoo in the dark.'

Minghao then left the couple on their own, but not before patting Mingyu's shoulder because he knew his previous statement had probably hit him, hard. Wonwoo slowly crept closer as Minghao entered the classroom, 

"A-Are you okay?", he asked carefully. It had been a while since he stuttered while trying to communicate with Mingyu. But then again, it's also been a while since he's seen this side of him. 

Mingyu looked at his boyfriend, and just nodded, lowly saying

"Yeah." 

Wonwoo flashed a smile, 

"Okay! That's good," then he started to walk back into class,

"Wait, don't you want to know what happened?" Mingyu asked, slightly surprised at his lover's actions.

Wonwoo, still smiling, turned around and said,

"If you wanted me to know, you'd tell me right? If not, then as long as you're okay, I'm fine."

Right then and there, Mingyu probably fell in love all over again. He was reminded of how amazing a boyfriend he managed to be dating, and quickly grabbed Wonwoo's wrist, making him spin around and Mingyu kissed him, gently holding his chin in his hand. When they broke the brief kiss, the bell for 3rd rang, so Mingyu wiinked and said,

"Let's talk during lunch," then entered the class.

Wonwoo couldn't hide the smile on his face as he soon followed, and took his seat beside his boyfriend. 

During Lunch, Mingyu explained what had happened to Wonwoo who was sitting in between his legs, and the latter had his arms wrapped around his waist as Wonwoo leaned his back on Mingyu's chest. They were sitting in the staircase that led to the roof, cuddling,

"Yah! Why'd you make such a big deal about that? You scared me," Wonwoo scolded the other when he found out what had happened that morning. 

"I'm sorry~ I just don't know if they'll go back... Plus I don't want to drag you into this side of my life," Mingyu said, resting his chin in between Wonwoo's neck and shoulder, the Class President flinching slightly as Mingyu placed a cute kiss on his neck. 

"Well, too bad, I'm already dating you, so that means I'm involved with who you are now, who you used to be, and everything you're going to become. That includes that side of your life, because I love you for everything that you are." Wonwoo replied, crossing his arms across his chest, cutely. 

Mingyu stared blankly at their shoes, in awe of his boyfriend's words. He thought that he could cry, right then and there out of happiness, and wouldn't need tissues, just his boyfriend's arms. But, he didn't, instead he started tickling Wonwoo's sensitive sides and blowing on his neck saying,

"Yah~ When did my boyfriend get so cheesy, huh?"

But, Wonwoo couldn't answer as he was squirming, laughing and asking Mingyu to stop tickling him, it was his ultimate weakness. He was especially ticklish on his neck and sides, so although he was laughing, this was like a form of torture for him, and Mingyu continued tickling, enjoying the way his boyfriend squirmed and laughed as he tried to escape. Mingyu finally stopped tickling him when tears started rolling down Wonwoo's face that was red due to lack of oxygen. As soon as he stopped, Wonwoo was still in between his legs, so he turned around and slapped him on his chest,

"Aish! I hate you~", he started brushing off his uniform, knowing the lunch bell would ring soon,

"Why didn't you listen to me when I said sto~p", he whined as he got up from their cuddle position and began walking away.

Mingyu suddenly grabbed Wonwoo's wrist, making him spin and forced his back onto the wall, pinning him with both of his hands on the wall, on either side of Wonwoo's slightly shocked face. He brought his face closer to his boyfriend's, a slick smirk on his lips,

"I'm sorry, but it seems that you've forgotten that you're dating someone who doesn't necessarily like listening... or following orders." the taller said, his voice low and intimidating. 

Wonwoo just stared up at his boyfriend, and Mingyu smirked again, laughing briefly

"See, it even works on the streets," he said, then winked and began walking down the stairs to make his way to class. 

The Class President stood there, then processed the information,

"Yah! You better not do that to anyone else..." he said, while jogging to catch up with his boyfriend. 

Mingyu turned around, smiling, his hands in his pockets,

"Why~? Will you get jealous?" he teased, as Wonwoo reached his side, Wonwoo looked up with a cute smile,

"Nope! I'll just get you back!" he replied.

"How? Jun and Minghao are already dating..." Mingyu stated. 

Wonwoo gave an evilly, cute smile and said

"Jaesuk-ah~!" as he began running down the stairs, snickering

Mingyu's eyes widened at the name that made him angry,

"Yah. Babe, yah!" he yelled as he ran after Wonwoo.

Thankfully, Sungwon didn't attack after that incident, leaving Mingyu and the boys in peace. But, seeing a glimpse of that side of Mingyu reminded Jeon Wonwoo just who he was dating. He remembered the tall, terrifying delinquent that was simply a stranger a couple of months ago, and how different they truly are. Seeing the bruises and knuckles reminded him of his own words that he once said, that he doesn't get the saying 'opposites attract'. 

Love works in mysterious ways,

and seeing this delinquent side of his boyfriend again, reminded Wonwoo of exactly that. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

sorry for the filler. LOL the next one will ALSO be a filler, just warning you ;)))  Regardless of it being a filler, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Lol, comment, upvote, subscribe & whateverrrrrr. lol, seriously tho! Comment your thoughts on this chapter, or the story so far, upvote if you're enjoying Polar, and subscribe to keep updated! all of these things are EXTREMELY appreciated.

I think I already said this, but woot woot on a month with Polar. Thank you guys for actively commenting and reading throughout this month, I really love you guys!

This chapter was just fluff and fillers, but in the one after the next one; I think I'll start making things interesting.. LOL, or atleast I'll try xD

uhh so yeah, that's about it! Thanks for reading my update, and I'll try to update soon

but until then; PEACE - Zen.