Idiotic

Polar.

Jun was walking on the sidewalk, knowing his way already. He wasn't completely positive about the route, but gained a little more confidence each time he saw a building that told him that he was getting closer, or atleast on the right track. Eventually, the boy got to the building. He noticed that the door was still a little bent up from last week, when the fight took place. Jun wasn't sure that Mingyu was there, but he thought logically, and considering the break up only happened a few hours ago, he assumed he was either at his own house, or this place, his second home. Jun noticed that the door, since it was damaged, wasn't closed properly. So, he slowly opened the door, and noticed that the lights in the mainroom were on, so he assumed someone must be there. He walked in, closing the door behind him, and began walking to the main room, when he spotted a figure on the couch. The orange light coming from the skylight and lighting up the face of the figure was enough for Jun. Recognizing Mingyu's face, Jun started becoming infuriated, and stormed towards Mingyu. Mingyu looked up at Jun, and resumed reading. Jun took the book out of Mingyu's hand, and slammed it on the ground,

"The Hell's your problem?" Mingyu said, reaching for the book.

Jun kicked the book further, 

"You're saying that to me?"

Mingyu the inside of his cheek, and scoffed. He got up from the couch, and stood infront of Jun.

"You got something to say?", he said, "If not, you can leave. Minghao's not here." 

"I'm here for you."

"Oh, me? I'm flattered." he said, sarcastically.

"Mingyu, what the Hell did you do?" Jun questioned.

Mingyu stared at him,

"You know exactly what I'm talking about,"

"So, you know. Why are you asking, if you already know the answer?"

"I meant, why." 

"Just because. I wasn't really interested in him, anyway."

"Don't even give me that bull." 

Jun started to get heated. He didn't really like Mingyu, but after hanging around him for 4 months, he's learned that Mingyu isn't a bad guy, despite what a lot of people say. He also acknowledges how happy Mingyu made Wonwoo, and truly believed that Mingyu loved Wonwoo, and still does.

"Bull?", the taller of the two repeated, "You think you know me? Who are you to come here and tell me the reason I broke up with Wonwoo?"

"I'm here because Wonwoo's too heartbroken to see through your lies."

Mingyu scoffed,

"Listen, Jun. I don't know what got to you in the last 4 months, but I'm not the amazing guy you're holding me up to be. To put it simply, Wonwoo just wasn't doing it for me." 

Jun bit his lower lip, resisting the urge to bash Mingyu's face in,

"Oh really? Then, you don't care about him anymore."

"Never really did in the first place, to be frank." Mingyu replied as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Plus, shouldn't you be happy?"

Jun gave the other a confused face,

"C'mon... Now that Wonwoo's back on the market, you can have him. Weren't you the one who said you'd be there for him? Hm? Always threatening me.." Mingyu started laughing, but Jun didn't. Instead, Jun just got more upset.

"Jesus, Mingyu, this isn't about me!" he practically yelled,

"So then why are you getting involved?!" 

The boys both raised their voices. At this point, Jun was too upset to just stand still, so he grabbed Mingyu by the collar 

"Because Wonwoo's too busy crying to realize that you're only breaking up with him because you care about him!" 

Mingyu was surprised, not only by Jun's actions but his words. He looked away,

"Why aren't you pushing me off, huh? A guy like you could easily take down someone like me..."

"Because you're not worth it." Mingyu replied,

"Because you know I'm right." Jun corrected.

The boys remained there, Jun still gripping the boy's collar,

"You broke up with him for ?" the boy scoffed, "Don't make me laugh. You broke up with him because you knew that if you didn't, something like the fight would happen again. Only this time, it could end with something much worse than a broken arm for Wonwoo."

Mingyu looked away again, and Jun scoffed,

"You're not even going to correct me."

"Because I don't care what you think. I know why I broke up with Wonwoo," he rebutted 

"It wasn't for , I'm sure of that." 

"How can you be so sure, hm? I'm 18, you don't know my desires. Wonwoo's attractive-"

"Desires, yeah? Like your dad had?" Jun brought up the sensitive subject. He didn't want to, but he didn't mind playing the bad guy to get Mingyu to come to his senses.

Mingyu gritted his teeth as he took Jun by his collar,

"Don't you ever mention that man."

"See? wasn't the reason... I don't care what you say, because I think you're a good enough person to not disrespect Wonwoo like that, because you of all people should know how it feels to be treated that way."

Mingyu let go of Jun

"You're being stupid, Mingyu. So freakin' stupid! You think breaking up with him will make it better? You think Sungwon will leave him alone, just because you broke up with him?!" 

Jun voice started raising again, and things became heated. 

"He should leave him alone!" Mingyu snapped, "He has nothing to do with me anymore, so he shouldn't touch Wonwoo!"

The chestnut haired boy slowly released his grip on Mingyu's collar.

"I thought you said you didn't care."

"I don't."

"So if Sungwon were to do anything to Wonwoo... You wouldn't care?"

"That won't happen."

"How do you know? Wonwoo's not stupid, Mingyu... Sooner or later, he's going to realize that you ended your relationship just to protect him."

"Sungwon isn't going to touch him, I won't let him."

"So, why break up with Wonwoo? It's too late, he's already involved with you, Mingyu... This only makes things worse."

"It's not too late... I'm making sure he's safe. And if that results in him hating me, then I'll endure it."

Jun scoffed, finding it ironic that Mingyu thinks Wonwoo hates him, yet the boy is laying in his bed, heartbroken complaining about still loving the delinquent. 

"So, you're hurting too?" 

Jun began backing up, leaving Mingyu to think of his actions.

"You're making an idiotic mistake, Mingyu...."

Suddenly, Mingyu turned Jun and pushed him against the wall, Jun was entrapped by the taller. 

"Mistake? Idiotic?"

Jun  became slightly frightened as Mingyu's eyes became cold,

"The mistake is Wonwoo being involved with me. What's idiot is the fact that I dated him for 4 months."

"Because calling him a burden isn't a mistake?"

Mingyu suddenly punched forward, his fist just missing Jun's face, and landing on the wall right beside him. The contact echoed in Jun's ear, as Mingyu retracted his fist, his knuckles bleeding, yet his face showing no sign of pain. His strength was proved, once again and Jun's heart began racing as he took a quick look at the small hole in the wall.

"He's weak. He can't defend himself. Wonwoo can't handle the punch I just threw at you. There's no way he can survive on the streets."

"How scared are you?"

Mingyu narrowed his eyes, and furrowed his brows,

"How scared are you to lose another person? You told Minghao that Seokmin has nothing to do with your relationship, and yet he's one of the main reasons you're breaking up with Wonwoo." Jun said, and Mingyu remained silent.

"Was 'saving' Wonwoo really worth breaking his heart like this? Worth you having to suffer, and pretend you don't care  that Wonwoo's gasping for air between his sobs. Is it worth you having to hold in your own emotions, and play the bad guy, and take the chance that just because you're not dating anymore that means Sungwon will leave him alone?"

Mingyu didn't know what to say. It wasn't like Jun to care about him, or maybe he didn't care at all.  But everything that Jun has said that day was true. Mingyu thought,

Yeah, I know, it's stupid. 

And it was almost as if Jun read his mind, or Mingyu said it out loud, or it was showing on his face what he had thought, because Jun said,

"Yeah... really stupid."

Jun pushed past Mingyu, and took his bag that was on the couch, and began walking to the door. Mingyu stood there, clenching his fist, and simply watched in silence as Jun left. When he heard the door close, he let out a scream of frustration, and began swinging punches in the air, then transferred his punches to the wall he had previously punched. The whole grew bigger, as he held back his tears and transformed his sadness into anger. 

That night, Mingyu got into multiple fights, letting off steam and taking out his frustration on boys on the street that dared to fight the leader of 'The Kings'. 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo was back at home, and now venting to his mom. Narin comforted him in a way similar to how Jun did. Wonwoo's hair and back, telling him she was sorry. 

"Honey, I know it hurts... But, maybe you can look at this like a good thing." Narin started speaking like a mother,

"Lately, you've been getting involved with Mingyu's side of his life that isn't that safe... You're lucky you just got a broken arm, Wonwoo-ah."

Wonwoo looked at his mom with sad eyes filled with tears,

"So, you're saying I should just give up on him, Mom? Let him end things like this?"

Narin hugged Wonwoo tighter,

"Oh, sweetie." Narin started, "Maybe things happen for a reason.."

"But I still love him, Mom." Wonwoo admitted, and Narin said,

"I'm sure he loves you too, Hun... Which may be why he broke up with you?"

Wonwoo looked up from his mom's chest, tilting his head slightly in confusion

"Maybe he meant he knew the reason at the fight. Mingyu is a good boy, I trust my judgement in people, and maybe last Friday he realized that he didn't want you getting hurt like that anymore." 

"No..." Wonwoo denied, "That can't be why..."

"Honey, put yourself in Mingyu's shoes. If you knew that Mingyu could get gravely hurt if he continued dating you, would you break up with him?" 

The Class President laid there, and thought for a while.

"Love is as simple and complicated as that, Wonwoo-ah. Letting someone go could be equal in terms of love, as marrying them." Narin wisely said,

"I know it hurts now, but maybe you can try and get over him.."

Wonwoo accepted his mom's advice, without really saying anything. His Friday night was filled with anime to distract himself, and tissues that piled up when he remembered, and the tears started flowing again. Wonwoo went to bed that night wondering if Mingyu was suffering like he was, thinking what Mingyu was doing at that moment. Mingyu fell asleep, his head pounding from the punches he took that night, his body aching from fighting for a few hours. He went to bed wondering if Wonwoo was doing okay, wondering if he threw out everything he ever gave to him in their relationship. But, the 2 boys both went to bed with the same thought,

Is this really worth it? 

The weekend passed by in a blur, Mingyu spent most of it at home, while Wonwoo did the same. Minghao and Jun met over the weekend, and talked about the matter. Minghao agreed that he would talk to Mingyu, but for the most part, he wasn't taking any sides. He told Jun that he could understand why Mingyu's acting this way, and would probably do the same if Jun's safety was in jeopardy. Monday hit, and the class was seemingly awkwardly silent. Mingyu didn't show up for first period, and it seemed that he had reverted back  to his old ways, for their class only saw him once Science hit. When Mingyu got into class, he noticed Wonwoo who was sitting at the desk beside his, but had his back turned to it, and was talking to Jun. The class was buzzing when Mingyu entered in the gap between 4th and 5th period, his face was badly bruised, and his knuckles were bloody. Even Minghao became slightly concerned and got up from his seat, and approached the taller,

"Yah, Mingyu-ah... Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine." he replied, lifelessly. 

He was making his way to his desk, and Wonwoo didn't even turn to look as he did so. When he got close enough, he noticed something on his desk. The small object reflected off the light, and when finally got to his table, he realized that it was a ring. Not just any ring, though. It was the ring that he gave Wonwoo for Christmas, the ring that signified their union. Attached to the ring was a note, and in Wonwoo's handwriting that was familiar to the taller it said,

As long as I have this ring, I'll technically always have you... that's what you said, right? So, take it back

And on the bottom of the piece of paper was smaller writing that read

Another one for your necklace. 

Mingyu looked at the note and exhaled, nodding his head. He scoffed, and clenched the ring in his hand. Wonwoo was glad his back was facing the other, as he bit his lower lip and resisted the urge to yell in Mingyu's face. He ignored it, but heard Mingyu swearing under his breath as he sat down at his desk. The rest of the day went by awkwardly, the couple that used to talk endlessly to each other, now didn't even spare one another a glance. When the end of the day bell rang everyone started walking home, and Mingyu didn't fail to notice that the red oversized jacket that used to belong to him, that Wonwoo would wear everyday, was now replaced with a navy blue jacket that fit his body perfectly. Mingyu didn't walk with Minghao, telling him that he'd just go straight home today, and to tell the boys the gist of what happened, just to keep them in loop. They were his brothers, after all. Mingyu started walking, a path that he rarely walked, yet still knew. The air surrounded him caused his mood to go down, as he thought about his destination. It took a while, as he walked slow, not necessarily rushing to where he was going, but when he got to his destination, he sighed and looked around. He walked to a certain area, and then proceeded to sit down.

"Yo, Seokmin-ah." Mingyu said, looking down at his bestfriend's gravestone.

"It's been a while since I've visited you, sorry about that." Mingyu continued, "You see, it's because recently I've found someone that's made me extremely happy. They say everything changes when you're in love, and I thought that was all bull until I experienced it myself."

The wind whistled through the branches of trees, and ruffled up Mingyu's hair a bit.

"This guy, he's such a freakin' nerd. Like, not only is he lame, but he's smart, too. Top of the class... He has such a promising future ahead of him, Seokmin-ah"

Mingyu exhaled deeply, and continued,

"So, am I really stupid for breaking up with him? Someone so bright, to have to be tainted with someone like me? He doesn't say it, but his grades have been going down a bit, and I can't help but feel like that's my fault."

The tall boy started chuckling to himself in the silence,

"You know, it's almost as if I can feel and hear you hitting me and yelling at me for breaking up with him... Seokmin-ah... if you didn't pass away the way you did... I think I wouldn't have broken up with Wonwoo.", he said

"Oh, yeah, that's his name. Jeon Wonwoo. He has charcoal black hair that's really soft and fluffy, but he wears a lot of hats. He's kind of skinny, I wish he ate a bit more, and, uh, oh! He's good at running, and he's extremely disorganized. Despite his outward appearance and personality at school, his room is a complete disaster. Hmm, what else can I tell you about him? Oh, he likes to cuddle a lot. And, he likes oversized sweaters, so he steals a lot of mine. He's a pretty good kisser, to be honest." Mingyu started laughing,

"Sorry, that information wasn't necessary, right?" Mingyu looked up at the sky that was now just starting to turn orange,

"He has an amazing family, and a just as amazing bestfriend. His bestfriend is annoying, but I can't deny that he's right. Oh! His name is Jun, and get this, he's dating Minghao. Yah~, I also thought Minghao would be like a freakin' womanizer with all his winks, and whatever. But, Wonwoo... Won freakin' Woo..." Mingyu said while shaking his head,

"I know breaking up with him is probably the safest option for him... But, I can't deny that I still love him. Seokmin-ah, you wouldn't believe how much my heart broke the day I did it, and- and the way his face looked, the way the tears streaked his face, and the way his eyes looked at me, begging me to stop lying... I don't think I'll ever forget it... Seokmin-ah... don't hate me for this, but I think it's time I let you go. I'm not saying I'll forget you, how could I forget my bestfriend... and my first love."

Mingyu reached for the latch of the necklace at the back of his neck, and took it off, and slipped off one ring from it. 

"This is yours." he said, placing it on the tombstone. He slipped Wonwoo's ring that he returned that day onto the chain, and put his necklace back on. 

"Seokmin-ah! Not going to lie, but you were one of the reasons I broke up with Wonwoo... I'm scared I'm going to lose him, like I lost you. So, I ended the relationship that made me the happiest person alive for the past 4 months."

Mingyu got up from the ground, and wiped his backside just incase any grass got stuck, and then looked down at the gravestone with a smile on his face.

"Your bestfriend is pretty stupid, right, Seokmin-ah?" 

Mingyu pat the gravestone, and then said,

"See you later, bud!" 

And then started his journey home. The next week went by with both sides of the recently ended relationship avoiding each other. Not necessarily getting over each other, but simply ignoring the other until their remaining feelings subsided. More days past, and Jun and Minghao began losing hope for the get-back-together of the couple.

But then,

One night, Mingyu and a bunch of other boys were hanging out at the base. Suddenly, Jun came in, out of breath, and his face beat up. Jihoon and Jisoo immediately questioned him, asking if he was okay, but he simply nodded and went straight to Mingyu, who was fooling around with the telescope pointed up to the skylight. Mingyu noticed Jun, and looked up from his activity, and became slightly concerned when he could tell from Jun's face that something was wrong,

"Jun? Minghao's not here" Mingyu told him, hoping that was the only reason Jun had visited them.

In between his shallow breaths

"Mingyu-ah", Jun said,

"Sungwon took Wonwoo."

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

hi guys. sorry I couldn't update yesterday, I was drawing.. LOL, uh so yeah! here's the update (: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I kind of rushed it, so... yeah LOL sorry if it kinda ? IDK anymore, tbh. xD Ah, yes. Meanie will have a reunion, soon! but maybe in a way that wasn't really expected. Some of you commented that you wanted Sungwon to do something to Wonwoo.. so this chapter is for you special people ;D although, I had this in mind. LOL uhm yeah! Subscribe, comment, upvote & whateverrrrr

 Lol, honestly tho, comment your thoughts about this chapter, or the whole story so far! Subscribe to keep updated, and upvote if  you're enjoying reading Polar. so far. 

I love you guys! and I'm so surprised that Polar already hit 13k in views. I posted a Meanie fanfic, like 2 months ago (I deleted it) and it only hit 6 views within 2 weeks. LOL SO SAD, I KNOW. 

But yeah! Thanks guys, love you! I'll try and update soon, but until then, PEACE - Zen