Chapter Nine

To Hide

After fifteen minutes in the mart, their cart was already piling up with groceries and items. Both Nichkhun and Junho shook their head when they remembered that Jaebeom was going to pay for the items that she grabbed off from the shelves. They both looked at her while she was at the meat section trying to figure out how much she would need to feed eight people in total.

“What should I buy Oppa?” she turned to face them when she couldn’t think. Both of them shrugged telling her to buy anything she wants.

“Then how about beef for tonight?” she asked them before turning to order.

 

Meanwhile back at Sophie’s apartment, everything turned into a mess, as if he had forgotten about his credit card, Jaebeom raided her cupboard for snacks and Wooyoung, Junsu and Taecyeon tried to sneak out to escape from their leader’s mess. Lucky for Wooyoung and Junsu they managed to escape however for Taecyeon, he got dragged by the leader into one of his weird games where winners draws on the loser’s face as punishment. Chansung was also forced to play when Jaebeom found out that Wooyoung and Junsu both escaped and was told not to leave this apartment without their permission. Chansung looked at their so called leader who was busy looking for markers before looking at Taecyeon who only shrugged as if it was something that he sees everyday.

After 30 minutes of playing and drawing on each other’s face they all burst out laughing at the result from their game. Even though they have just met, Chansung felt that he could already trust his life in their hands.

Sitting on the floor, they switched their ‘zero game’ to ‘I love you’ game where you say ‘I Love you’ and laugh you lose. Jaebeom looked at Taecyeon and smiled showing his seaweed covered teeth, biting his inner cheeks Taecyeon tried to stop himself from laughing at Jaebeom’s attempt.

“I love you,” Jaebeom whispered to Taecyeon, leaning towards Jaebeom it was his turn pulling Jaebeom’s vest he attempted to make both of them laugh by gluing to him toughing his face and arms.   

“Yah! Let go!” smacking his hand away, he pushed the tall member of his group away. Chansung flinched when he saw where the game was heading to but he should not laugh or else he’ll loose.

“I love you,” Jaebeom pushed Taecyeon away, facing towards him he flinched twice showing his seaweed covered teeth again before saying “I love you too.” Swallowing his own saliva it was his turn, he crawled towards Jaebeom placing his hands on his cheeks as if he was attempting to kiss him. Jaebeom covered his lips not allowing him to kiss him on the lips. ‘I will not lose,’ was the only thought in Chansung’s mind. Jaebeom on the other hand tried to shove him away scared that he might really kiss him on the lips.

“Yah! Yah! Yah! What are you doing?” Jaebeom managed to shout in between while Taecyeon held his breath forcing down his laughter. ‘I should not laugh,’ was all Taecyeon thought.

“I love you,” Jaebeom let a sigh of relief as Chansung retreated to his seat on the floor. Jaebeom began thinking quickly how should he do this in order to make them laugh. Finally, he backstroked towards Taecyeon bending he pretends to smell his thighs looking up at Taecyeon’s poker face he whispered “I love you.”

“Get lost you ert,” Taecyeon pushed Jaebeom as he couldn’t hold his poker face any longer. Chansung just fell back onto the floor laughing at the scene he had just witnessed.

“Oh! Oppa I really didn’t know that you love Taecyeon-oppa that much, you even went to his thighs,” Sophie made a disgusted face before bursting into laughter. All three of them turned their heads to her voice and saw all of them standing in front of the door including the escapees Wooyoung and Junsu. Jaebeom’s eyes widen when he saw the amount of groceries Sophie bought using his credit card.

“I see that you guys spent some quality time together eh hyung?” Wooyoung laughed when he saw the markings on his face, which looked like a 5 year old scribbling. Chansung sat up and saw Sophie putting the groceries in her kitchen. He quickly tried to wipe his face with the back of his back, trying to rid the pen markings on his face. Sophie stuck her face out of the door of her kitchen and laughed.

“I already saw it Chansung-shi so no need to hide it,” Chansung’s face grew hot all of a sudden when he heard Sophie laugh at his face.

“Yah! Sophie did you really use my credit card to buy all these?” Jaebeom walked towards the kitchen crying when he saw the receipt. The amount was doubled the last time she used his credit card.

“Yep! Well you deserved it especially when I know that you will eat all my snacks in the cupboard and you made a mess in my apartment. Raided my room to look for those markers and many more,” guilt built up when Sophie continued to list the mess Jaebeom made whenever he visits her apartment but the thought of all these groceries increased the sadness in his heart. Knowing that she had already made her Oppa feel guilty and sad she walked back inside the kitchen putting stuff inside where they should be. She felt a pat on her back, she turned around and saw it was Nichkhun.

“Sophie, you made hyung feel really bad. Why don’t you tell him the truth?” being as polite as he is, she shook her head disagreeing with that idea.

“If I tell him the truth then how will he learn not to raid my room and my cupboard plus making a mess in my apartment?” she repeated the mess Jaebeom made even though he had just heard it when she was with Jaebeom.

How could she tell him the truth that she used her own credit card to buy all these, she had never once used his credit card and all the payments he made monthly were basically all his games and online payments. She chuckled at her own brother’s denseness, every time she would ask for his credit card she would just keep it in her wallet. Nichkhun just shook his head when he remembered back at the mart when they were to pay for the groceries he thought his eyes were playing when she handed the cashier her own credit card. He sighed before helping Sophie unpack the groceries quickly so that he could help Wooyoung outside to clean up the mess his leader had made. From the kitchen both Sophie and Nichkhun snickered when they heard Wooyoung nagging about the mess.

“Ah chincha! Hyung, look all these mess,” Wooyoung picked up all the markers as he started cleaning up. Chansung looked up at Wooyoung before helping him with the cleaning. Wooyoung looked back and burst out laughing.

“You might really want to wash your face, you look like a Japanese thief,” Wooyoung pointed at his face before continuing laughing. Wiping his face again with the back of his hand, he looked around for the sink in which he could go and wash his face. Wooyoung knew that he would be looking for the bathroom for he is new in this apartment.

“I think you might need to tour the apartment, though the living room look small it’s because all of us are together in one room,” he threw the wrappers in one plastic and moved it aside so that he could give him a small tour. All this time while he was in the living room he never knew that the apartment was quite big for a lone girl. Then he wasn’t surprised when Wooyoung told him that they would crash her apartment when they have no mission, he was shocked when they pass an inner swimming pool.

“If you’re wondering, yes. Sophie managed to find time to squeeze in two part time jobs together in high school, she saved up and ta-da she got this apartment at a lower price. Actually, we paid three quarter of the amount without her knowing. Jaebeom-hyung didn’t want her to suffer from lack of sleep and starvation so we put in and forced her out of the two part time jobs. However she managed to get a new part time job earning more than the two of her previous part time jobs together,” Chansung nodded at the long story Wooyoung gave as they made their way to the two guest room.

He didn’t know why but he felt his heart clenched when he heard how difficult and how much she had to go through. A particular question came to his mind but he was afraid to ask knowing that it might sound awkward to ask. They came to a stop when they reached the room where he’s going to use, like any other room it’s got a bed and a night stand beside it.

“This is your room since the rest is taken by us,” Wooyoung gave him a cheeky smile before signaling him to return to the living room to clean up.

“Oh! There’s a bathroom is on your right if you want to wash your face,” Chansung nodded before rushing to the bathroom. Looking at himself in the mirror he was shocked to see how colorful his face was.  

“Ahhh….,” Sophie’s scream echoed through the hallway and into the bathroom, Chansung jumped at the volume. Forgetting about his face he ran towards the sound.

 

 

Hey! I finally finished my finals.... thanx for reading.... and waiting.

I sort of borrowed a scene from Wild Bunny so you'll probably find some parts similar to that part. Well I tried my hardest but I think I failed trying to describe that part of it...

Anyway Read and please Comment!!!!!!!

And I almost forgot to mention---- welcome new subscribers!!!!!!! and thanx for subscribing!!!!!!!!!