Chapter Six

To Hide

Chansung nervously sat next to Taecyeon who looked like he was about to bite him, 'All of them are creepy and scary' he shuddered as he tried to concentrate what Jaebeom was going to explain. Jaebeom cleared his throat while looking at Chansung. Everyone was seated in the living room, in a circle. Chansung looked at every one of them one by one as if he was analyzing them from Taecyeon who was smirking at him to Junsu then towards Junho who was looking serious at him, he looked at Wooyoung who sat next to Nichkhun who politely nodded at him. He quietly nodded back before turning his face to meet Sophie's gaze and then to Jaebeom who sat in between them. 

"Okay, let's get to business," he clapped making Chansung jumped. "You," Jaebeom pointed at Chansung before continuing, "are in great danger," it sounded as if he was telling a scary story. Chansung looked at Jaebeom thinking that he was joking, how can he a twenty year old who had lived a very simple life and did no crime is in danger?

Jaebeom brought out a folder from his bag, a folder filled with information and pictures. Chansung slowly took the folder from Jaebeom, quietly he turn page to page. He was too shock to say anything after looking at the folder that was in his hands. He looked at Jaebeom before looking at the others. Sophie tried to see what was inside the folder that had made him scared for his life.

"What's this? Am I being followed? Are you guys stalkers?" he asked shakily, never in his life he had seen so much information about him, things he thought he had forgotten, places he went and things he did were all written and detailed in the folder that he was holding. He threw the folder onto the coffee table in front of him, making Sophie winced at the sudden action. Chansung shook who anger and fear, how could one know such much details about him? He turned his heads towards Jaebeom telling him to explain what this was about.

"No, we did not stalk you and this is the details they had gathered,-"

"What do you mean gathered? And who are they?" Chansung snapped at Jaebeom stopping Jaebeom from explaining. Taecyeon held his hand to prevent him from interrupting Jaebeom from explaining.

"As I was saying, this is the details that they had gathered. They had followed you night and day waiting for the perfect timing to start their attack," Sophie felt the atmosphere had turned cold after she had heard her Oppa explaining.

"So you're saying that they will attack him when time is right? Why him? Did he do something against them?" Sophie asked impatiently not liking where this conversation lead. Jaebeom nodded his head answering her first question and looked seriously at the person who sat next to him shaking with both fear and anger. He grabbed the folder that lay on the coffee table, shuffling it to find the one that he was looking for.

"Have you heard of the Num Yok gang?" he asked Chansung who nodded back.

"What do you know about them?" Jaebeom asked him. Sophie leaned forward listening to this conversation even though she was not sure where it was headed to.

"Num Yok, the most feared and dangerous underground society in South Korea," Chansung said.

"Yes, but have you seen any of the members part of the Num Yok gang?" Junho asked with curiosity. Chansung shook his head unsurely. "How will I know if they are from the Num Yoks?" he did not want to engage himself with any members of the underground society.

"Well, here is a picture taken last week," Junsu pointed at the picture that Jaebeom found in the folder. Chansung and Sophie leaned forward to look at the picture. In the picture it showed Chansung's figure with someone. Chansung looked at Jaebeom waiting for him to continue his explanation. Jaebeom took a big breathe knowing that this meeting would be long and slow.

"This was taken during a fight between the Num Yok and the Breakers. And in this fight the leaders of the both group were present. You should know that the any of the mafia group’s leader should not show their face to the public because they are afraid of being targeted. During that night, someone knew that the two big leaders were present and he tried to take pictures and bribed them. He didn’t know that he was dealing with the most dangerous mafia gang in South Korea. The pictures he took included you, so that’s way you’re targeted,” Jaebeom smiled at his explanation. Chansung still stared at him confused, ‘How again am I involved in this?’

“So I’m being targeted because of this guy’s photo of me? I didn’t witness such happenings!” Chansung growled angrily knowing that he did not and would not like to be involved in such stupid matter.

“You didn’t witness anything? You didn’t see the leader’s face at all?” Junsu asked looking at Chansung before at others. Chansung just shook his head no after thinking that it was stupid to be kidnapped for nothing. His head started to spin from all the thinking, it was too confusing. He never thought that life was so complicated and hard.

“If what you said is the truth, then you don’t need our protection. No, wait! If you really didn’t witness anything then why would he put you in danger? Unless...” Junho concluded when he put all the explanation that Jaebeom had told them. Wooyoung nodded his head coming up with the same conclusion. ‘Someone is plotting against him! But why?’ they all looked at each other except Chansung and Sophie who already had got lost in the middle of Jaebeom’s explanation. Even though she was lost, Sophie knew that they, no, Jaebeom was hiding something else from them, something she believed that, that it is far too early to be revealed.

Though he knew why he chose not to speak, he felt that the rest excluding his sister and Chansung, should know after they had finished this discussion. He knew that Sophie hated it when he hides things from her but he thought it was for her own good and for her safety where else for Chansung, he would tell him later if he trust him.

“Who are you guys anyway?” Chansung pondered from the beginning who they were but he didn’t have time to ask a question which he thought that it was useless.

However what he is about to hear will make him go speechless.....

 

 

Hey!!! sorry if this chapter is short but enjoy, Oh! and the names of the mafia gang hehehe i made it up....