Chapter 3

To Hide

Here's chapter 3 Enjoy!!!!

 

He could see the door in front of him, thinking that he was lucky because of his long legs he felt pride in it knowing that he would outrun Sophie if she was to chase after him. He was so happy but his happiness only lasted for a short while when his face met the floor. His whole world came crashing into pieces as well as his nose.

 

Sophie quickly ran towards him as he rolled on the floor crying with agony. She saw blood on the floor meaning that he had hurt his nose. For a moment she did not care about his nose she didn't want anybody to be in danger, she grabbed the ropes and tied his hands together unlike her Oppa’s knot it was a bit loose. She ran to her kitchen, not sure what to do she grabbed a big bowl and put some ice in it and a face towel from her bathroom. Putting his head on her lap she slowly wiped his bloodied nose. Putting the ice on the face towel, she folds it and rests it on his nose. She didn't know have any medicine or any first aid kit with her so she went with her instinct.

 

"Well, I tried to warn you and I guess that you couldn't hear me especially when your face went like "Freedom! I can see it!" and then splat onto the floor," she laughed but stopped abruptly when she saw him groaning with pain. Seeing that his nose had stopped bleeding, she put the ice in the bowl, slowly touching his nose to check whether it was alright or not. Letting out a relief sigh, she was glad that it was not broken just bruised. He looked up at her and growled thinking that he was stuck with her again. 'So my escape plan failed miserably, bye bye freedom.’ Thinking how stupid he might have looked when he tripped with his legs tied together, he forgot that it was tied when he really thought he could finally escape. He felt her lifting his hand as if telling him to stand up, without refusing he did what she wanted him to do. She guided him to the bed, letting him rest his sore body.

 

"What does your brother want from me?" he asked seriously looking straight at her wanting to know the answers immediately. She shrugged, she herself didn't know why her Oppa wanted to protect this guy, and he couldn't possibly be part of them or is he? She shook her head in reply.

 

"Sorry, he just left you with me without saying anything but to look after you," this was difficult and he knew he was going no where in their conversation. He gave an angry sigh and looked away. 'What could they possibly want from me?' he asked himself angrily. He looked at the bottled oil she brought out earlier now wondering what she was going to do with it. Sophie was reminded of his wrist when she looked at where he was staring.

 

"Please stay still for a moment," she informed him as she poured some oil onto her palm. The whole bedroom was filled with the scent of the oil she had poured. 'What is she doing? Is she getting ready to kill me softly?' he chuckled with his stupid thought but stopped when he felt her soft hand massaging his wrist, which was bruised by her Oppa's rough ropes. Soft scent reached his nose, smelling the scent of a fruit that was sour yet sweet. Not an ordinary scent he noted, it wasn't lavender nor strawberry or mango. It was a scent that he hadn't smelt before.

 

"What scent is this?" he asked through his hoarse throat tired from crying in pain from the earlier fall. 'It’s so relaxing, this scent.'

 

"Ah! It’s star fruit. Smell nice huh? I don't think you will find this brand anywhere here in Korea though, it’s from a small island," she told him softly while she was massaging his wrist slowly to his ankles.

 

"Nice? Heh! It’s disgusting! Horrible smell," he lied not wanting to agreeing with the same things with her. He nearly jumped when he felt her warm hands massaging his ankles. He swallowed his groan when he didn't want her to find out that he actually like the scent and her massage. Grabbing a tissue, she wiped her hand clean when she finished massaging his ankles. Looking pass her shoulder, she saw him already fast asleep. ‘He must be really tired, probably from partying,’ she scoffed as she stood up and placing the blankets on him in case he gets cold during the night.

 

‘Okay… Where am I sleeping tonight?’ opening the door of her closet, she grabbed an extra blanket and a pillow. Before she could lie down the blanket onto the floor, she remembered that her computing science assignment was still incomplete and was due tomorrow. Putting back the blankets back into the closet she hurried to her computer table which was set opposite her bed. She looked at the time and it was way past 10 she felt a migraine coming up. After 2 hours of thinking and typing, she felt her eyes go heavy. Quickly making her way to her bed, she snuggled through the warmth of it.

 

The sun rises, letting the rays hit Sophie’s eye through the bit of gaps between the curtains. She covered her eyes with her hand trying to block the rays. ‘Feels like everything’s a dream… Oppa kidnapped a guy and told me to look after him. What’s the time now?’ she asked herself before turning to check the time. Lucky for her, she’s got afternoon classes. Before getting off the bed, she heard a groan. She stiffened realizing that was a man’s voice. She sat up immediately and faced the owner of the voice.

 

‘Oh my god!!!!’ she screamed mentally, quickly checking whether she was still clothe. She let out a relief sigh when she noticed that she was still clothed and his hands were still tied. Without anymore thoughts, she ran for her bathroom which was connected her bedroom. Splashing water on her face as she tried to calm down. “This is not a dream!” she whined.

 

She walked out to her room happy to see that he was still asleep. Before grabbing her clothes to change she heard someone knocking on her door. Her eyes widen with fear when she saw who it was. She could hear her world crashing down on her.