Chapter 21

To Hide

 

 

She stood still just listening to the sound that keeps repeating in her mind, the sound of the door opening and closing. Was she going to let her secrets ruined everything again, is she going to let him go twice? Is she willing to lie to him for the rest of their life? It was so confusing, she didn't know what was right at the moment. Junsu saw how troubled she looked and he knew that she was thinking of running for him, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Do what you feel is right, you should not let your position as the daughter of boss and the other one take over your life. Even if you have to hide it from him, I'm sure he won't mind. His memory would come back soon and he would remember his skills," Junsu gave her a reassuring smile.

"Sophie, listen to Junsu-hyung. There are times where you should trust your instinct and break some rules to live. Its not necessary for you to follow each and every one of them," Nichkhun gave her one of his princely smiles.

"Despite the fact that I hate him for still not remembering, I know he's one of the best out there to protect you. You do know that he was one of the best right?" Sophie felt happy that they are trying to assure her that everything will be alright but she knew it wasn't that easy. She gave them a small sad smile as she shook her head.

"This is fate, this is the result of not listening to him. I should have listened to him from the beginning and let him go, he wouldn't have lost all his memories if it wasn't for me," she slowly walked away from the kitchen shoulders deflated.

"All her confidence, her happiness seems like it had gone down the drain like his memories," they all sighed when they saw how depressed her back looks like.

"I wished we had stopped them from injecting that stupid drug. Why weren't we able to protect him then?" Wooyoung thought out loud hoping the others would answer it.

"It was because Chansung said so," Jaebeom spoke as he sat on the counter.

 

Flashback...

"Chansung-ah, prepare for the worst," Jaebeom placed his hand on his shoulders as if he knew what was going to happen.

"It's the boss right, he doesn't want us to be together. I guess this is fate," Jaebeom stood there shocked that the younger one knew what it was.

"I overheard the boss telling the others to get prepared if Sophie's doesn't listen to him. I would prefer all my memories to be erased then her leaving me. I do not want my Sophie to leave this place, this is her home, I don't want her to be unprotected," Jaebeom could only give him a sad smile in return feeling hopeless with their own decision.

"If that really happens, don't try to stop them," those were the last words Chansung had spoken to Jaebeom before his memory was wiped out.

 

End of flashback

 

"I don't understand these two's mind," Taecyeon said as he shook his head.

"It's because you haven't fallen in love yet, babo," Junho pointed out making fun of the taller member.

"Phssh... Oh yeah, as if you have,"

"Yes I have," Junho folded his arms across his chest. The rest of the members just walked out of the kitchen leaving the unfinished breakfast on the counter with the other two bickering one.

After two hours of bus ride, he had reached his house. It was empty, just like his heart right now. Clenching his shirt where his heart was he tried to reduce the pain he was feeling.

"It hurts," he muttered before walking into the empty apartment.

"Childhood memory? I know I have them, who you to tell me that I don't," he rushed to his room searching for any photo albums that may contain any of his memories. After another half an hour his results were equal to zero. There was absolutely nothing that contained his childhood.

"There's nothing here at all," running his hand across his hair as he sighed in frustration.

"I see you’re home," a voice interrupted his thoughts, he turned around and saw his mum in the living room. Confused and sad he walked towards her and hugged her. Shocked with his actions, she knew something was wrong.

"Omma, are you okay? Where were you while I was away?" His mother looked at him sadly before shaking her head. Softly she pulled away from his arms and sat on the couch.

"Chansung there is something you should know," Chansung quietly sat on the other single couch next to it.

"I'm not your Omma. I'm also from the Num Yoks. I was assigned to look after you after your... um... accident," Chansung stared shocked at his 'mother' trying to digest the words she had just said.

"All these years were all lies?" He couldn't believe it, all these time he thought that the lady in front of him was his mother but it was all fake just like back at her apartment.

"Before you get angry you need to listen to what I say despite the fact that I'm not your Omma, I'm still a very dangerous woman, well previously dangerous. I was part of the Num Yoks and my last task before my resignation was to look after you," Chansung gaped at her when she had announced that she too was from Num Yoks.

"Another thing is that you don't remember your childhood was because you had an 'accident' that cause you your memory. You were supposed to live like a normal average guy after but something happened. SooHyun disappeared from Num Yoks, Boss most favorite member of the gang disappeared the same you left the gang. Boss loves every one of us, he feared your life will be in danger therefore he assigned me to look after you," he couldn't believe a single thing she had just said, he a member of that group, the most feared group of Korea.

"I know you won't remember anything but I was told that you had met your members so I thought it was necessary for you to know all these stuffs but to me you look like you had just heard this the first time. But I won't regret my choice cause I know you need to know this sooner. The reason why you were taken there was because I couldn't take down so many gang at a time, you see I'm getting old but that doesn't mean I can't fight any more," he chuckled at her, despite being lied to all this time with her he didn't are, she looked after him for as long as he remembered. He didn't want to despise the only one he had thought he had left; a family. She looked at him and knew that he wasn't angry at her which was good since she needed to tell him something more important.

"Despite all the lies you have been living in that apartment it doesn't mean they all hate you or they want to. It's because they knew that you guys can't be together anymore or not at the moment. They follow orders and it must be strictly followed. They love you and want you back but they can't. You must think that I'm just saying this to help them but that’s not that only reason, like you, I watched them grow old including you so basically all of you were like my children," she gave him a soft smile as she patted his head like a small kid.

"It must have been hard for you," she continued patting his head as he slowly went to sleep.

"That's not all Chansung, you were also Sophie's almost boyfriend. The two of you were so in love yet his love for his daughter broke the two of you apart. Why was he so stupid? Sophie must have been so devastated when she recognized you yet you still didn't remember her. My poor child," she whispered.

 

"You have revealed too much for the kid," turning around she wasn't surprise to see him there.