Chapter 18

To Hide

Just as SooHyun was about to enter the apartment through the balchony he was interrupted by a voice which startled him.

"I didn't know that the almighty SooHyun is back? How come I didn't get a greeting?"

"OH! MY God! You freaking scared me hyung," he looked back to see his hyung coming out of his hiding. Before he could ask him a question he received a whack on his head.

"Ouch! What the hell was that for? I thought you missed me hyung?" SooHyun pouted while rubbing his head.

"Of course I miss you but it only for a while. And that hit, it was for going around kicking people's without my permission," the elder placed his arms around the younger one pouting in fake anger.

"You know that I don't need anyone's permission when I'm on my own," without a warning SooHyun received another whack on the head.

"Now what was that hit for? I'm not wrong," removing himself from the elder's arms he walked closer to the doors.

"You know what that was for. You know that even if you're gone from Num Yoks that doesn't mean that you could go get into trouble," SooHyun looked back at him and frowned.

"Trouble? I was just trying to save Chansung and myself from them," he pursed his lips knowing what the other would rebut.

"Saving yourself from them by revealing yourself to them? Nice way, nice way. I just hope you didn't give anything away, did you?" He shook his head in reply.

"You know how I work. I will never let my life in danger especially after that incident," his eyes were closed shut at the memory of that scene. Softly placing his hands on his shoulder, Jaebeom gently patted him as if trying to assure him that everything will be alright.

"It’s hard, I know but you have tried hard to prevent all that from happening," SooHyun could only nod in response. No matter how many times he looked back, he knew he couldn't change it. Even if he did more lives would be lost and he didn't want that because one of the lives would be the same one that is currently standing behind him. Still he continues to blame himself for that mistake.

"Thank you hyungie, thank you for being by my side," he gave his hyung a smile hoping to ease the tension.

"What are siblings for? Even if we go back in time I would still protect you no matter what. And stop calling me that, it’s been a while since I heard you calling me that," he stuck his tongue out in disgust while the younger one could only nod in agreement.

"Hurry up, I need to change out of these clothes its gross having bits of blood on me," SooHyun pointed to his pants trying to convince Jaebeom to go in the apartment since he was the one who interrupted him from entering the apartment.

"Yeah you better, I know Sophie would freak out when she sees blood," SooHyun scoffed before entering the apartment.

"Whatever you say, Hyung,"

"Hey!" Jaebeom quickly joined the fellow into the apartment.

 

Stretching from left to right, Sophie walked out of her room just to find Chansung sitting in the middle of the living room looking puzzled. She gave a soft smile as she walked towards him.

"Chansung-shi" she called him but he gave no reply, frowning she wondered what had happened to make him look so confused.

"Chansung-shi" she called again but this time she patted his shoulders for attention. She almost jumped when she felt him jumped from his seat.

"Why are you awake so early? Want some breakfast?" Without receiving any replies from him, she quietly turned her heels and walked towards the kitchen because she didn't need one. She thought that Chansung would eat whether he's still full or hungry. He just simply loves food.

"No, I'm not hungry," She turned around with an shocked expression. That's a first time he had said ‘no’ to food. Did he not like what she always cooked? Was her cooking that bad that he had finally lost her appetite? Is he sick? There were so many questions she wanted to ask him but she was too shocked to do so. Before she could ask him any questions, he stood up and held her in his arms. Still shell shocked she looked up at him turning red. She could feel her on heart beating as if there was no tomorrow as she smelt his scent.

 

"Chansung-shi," she whispered his name only to be held closer to his chest.

"Sh..." that was all he said to keep her quiet.

 

He didn't know why and how but all he could do was let his heart work on its own and somehow he was not surprised to see himself pulling the cause of heart beats to quicken into his arms. He knew this felt right and he needed it now. He felt everything that was on his mind gone, like she was his stress reliever. He couldn't stand the thought of her being next to someone he didn't know and someone taking her away. Was it love? He didn’t care what it was as long as she was in his arms that’s all he wants.

 

"Chansung-shi?" she called out his name again and he knew she could feel his heart beat. He didn't care because he knew she was the cause of it.

"Shh.." his arms held her closer as his head rested on her head. They have been standing in that same position for a while until Chansung felt that he had held her enough. Slowly pulling her off his chest, he saw her puzzled face. Letting out a chuckle, he pinched her cheeks waking her up from her thoughts.

"Sorry I have lots in mind," this time it was Sophie’s turn to chuckle.

"If you have lots in mind then please don't harass me. Find Wooyoung, I think he won't mind skin ship," she giggled at the thought of the two boys hugging each other.

"Sophie," he woke her from her imaginary, looking up at him she saw that he looked somehow serious.

"I was only kidding, Chansung-shi," she gave him one light punch on his arms only to be held by him. Shocked by his gesture she pulled her hand back but couldn't as he held it tighter almost hurting her.

"Don't call me that. I want to be closer to you. Call me Oppa." Eyes widen when she heard him tell her to call him Oppa.

"Chansung-shi let my hand go," instead of letting her hand go, he pulled her closer to him closing the distance between them.

"I said call me Oppa," he said it again with the same expression; it almost scared her seeing it.

"Chansung-shi, you're scaring me," he quickly let go her hand but he held her tighter.

"Stop calling me that! I hate it when you call all the guys here Oppa and yet you still call me Chansung-shi. I don't know what is happening with me but I hate it. I think ... I think I like you," he whispered before pulling her into his arms again.

Sophie didn't need to say anything since the sound of her heart had already did which beating faster than its actual pace. He felt her pushing him to let her go even if he didn't want to her to.

"Chansung..." She looked at his eyes in total confusion. Who could like a person like her, her life was always filled with secrets and danger yet a guy like him whom her brother had kidnapped to 'protect' had jus confessed to her. In his eyes she sees no pity and why would he pity her if he didn't know her, there was no mischievous but it was with sincerity. No matter how much she stares at his eyes she knew that she would have melted into a puddle of water right now.