Chapter 20

To Hide


Recap...

Continuation of Flash Back

"You do know that it's impossible for the two of you together. Especially him as one of us and you, my daughter, the leader of Num Yoks."

 

Sophie clenched her fist tight as the words hit her harder than a tone of rock. She knew this one would come, the day where her father would stop her relationships with anyone close with her.

"Why? Why are you doing to me Appa?"

"You will listen to my words and leave him. Or else I would do something that you do not want,"

"And what is that? You should know that I can't leave him when my home is here,"

"SoHee listen to me! I'm doing my best to protect you," her eyes are filled with anger and hatred.

"Protect me? The moment I can walk, I was forced to do whatever you wanted me to, and I did. I listen to every single word from you. I gave up my education, my friends for your protection! But this time I would not listen to you, I would not give up my love life for your protection. I can protect myself!" She couldn't do anything more but to glare at the man who protected her from the cruel world yet he couldn't give her more than that.

"Don't you dare use those against me! Who was the one who gave you everything? So listen to me,"

"No I won't! I gave up everything a normal girl would have and you gave me nothing. You should have gave whatever you gave me to Omma, just because you couldn't protect her enough you shouldn't double it up just to replace your guilt-" 'SLAP!' Placing her hands on her cheeks she felt a sting of pain she never felt before especially coming from the man who had never did.

"You said you protected me from everything, BUT YOU WERE NEVER ABLE PROTECT ME FROM YOUR SELFISH SELF!" Sophie left the room with her hand on her cheeks as tears streamed across the red surface of her skin.

 

"Park Sohee, I'm sorry I couldn't protect your Omma and I'm sorry that you have to live this life. But I have to protect you no matter what, forgive me darling," tracing his fingers across a picture of a once happy family of three. Placing the picture frame back on the table, he picked up his phone.

"Proceed with plan B," with this action he knew the relationship between his daughter and him, would be greatly affected but protection of his only daughter was more important than anything else.

 

Running though the passage way with tears filled eyes, everything looked so blur to her but she didn't care. She wanted to be in the arms of that person, she needed him the most now even if it’s going against her father's wishes. Where was he? He would always be around but he's not there. Her search was disrupted by her ring tone, skidding to a stop, she picked up her phone.

"Sophie, you need to come to room 7 now! Chansung is -" she couldn't hear anything more. 'Room 7, that's where they...' she started her pace again but this time she knew where and she needed to be fast or else worst might happen. Her heart was thumping so fast that she wasn't able to breath, her legs were already screaming to slow but her mind was telling her to be quicker.

Finally, room 7 without knocking the door she forced herself in. Inside she could see the rest of the guys being held by some other members of the Num Yoks and she could tell they were sobbing while trying to get through the bodies that held them. She turned to the bed that was sat in the middle of the room, there lay Chansung in his sleeping state. She grabbed the collar of the doctor that was appointed with such act and glared at him.

"What did you do to him? What DID YOU DO?!" She screamed in front of his face as he covered with fear.

"I'm sorry miss, Boss told us to inject the drug,"

"What drug?" Her gripped onto his collar tighten causing him to have trouble breathing.

"A drug that was invented by our scientist,"

"I SAID WHAT DRUG NOT WHAT FREAKING INVENTED IT?!"

"A drug that can cause one to forget everything from he was born," the doctor fell onto the floor the moment Sophie released her grip.

"No!" She screamed as she ran towards the bed.

"Chansung-ah! Wake up! It's me, Sophie. Remember the kid you say on the first day you came to Num Yoks. The kid that kicked you on your first day, the kid..." Sophie struggled with her words as her tears continued to flow.

"Why? Why!?" Gripping onto his shirt as she slowly slid onto the floor.

The boys were released from their hold and now were on her side trying getting her to stand up.

"He won't remember me," she muttered in between her breathe.

"It’s all my fault," slowly she got onto her feet with the help of her brother along with Junsu while the rest could only feel the pain but it was probably half of she was feeling. Walking towards his memory-less body, she bent to give him one last kiss on his lips before leaving the room as while as Num Yoks.

 

End of Flashbacks...

 

The day Jaebeom brought back Chansung into her life again, she was happy but his clueless self brought everything down. Her life as a daughter of the most feared leader of the whole nation brought nothing but pain. Running away from everything was the best option but everything was chasing back to her. She thought that living a normal life as a normal average girl without him was easy but it was so hard, at first she couldn't breathe but she got use to the feeling of freedom but everything came crashing down on her again when she saw his face on her bed. Still he has yet to remember her, from day one her heart was once again broke into millions of pieces like a jig-saw puzzled that has yet to be solved.

 

"I guess I'm never meant to be loved," she shook her head as she tried to get her mind away from flashbacks. Taking out the equipments that was needed to prepare breakfast but a hand held her stopping her.

"I don't think you're in the right state of mind to cook, Sophie. Let me cook," she lifted her eyebrows trying to imagine her brother cooking eight or seven if he's staying for breakfast, serves.

"Come on, Let your Oppa cook this time. Just rest for the day," Jaebeom knew all the thoughts that were running in her head now. She was thinking all about him, from the day she saw him to the day she gave him his last kiss as Hwang Chansung she loved.

"Don't treat me as a handicap, I'm still capable of cooking and I don't want to get stomach flu from your cooking," she stuck her tongue out as she pulled her hand from his hold. He smiled thinking that she was back but this was too fast for her to recover, she was faking it.

 

Hiding behind the walls that separated the kitchen from the living room, the rest of the guys could only shook their heads with sadness witnessing the pain that she had to go through again.

"Hyung, I think we should help Sophie," Junho gave the rest an eye smile before walking into the kitchen, the others slowly joined them making the kitchen all crowed with the five of them.

 

Chansung was finally done with his packing, he didn't want to stay here anymore he was already getting nauseated with the feeling of living in the world of lies. Grabbing his bag he left the room without looking back. On his way to the exit he walked pass the kitchen and witness them laughing and shouting at each other's mistakes.

'I'm never meant to be here,' he growled before leaving the apartment. Finally his first step outside the apartment for the first time in two months in it he felt somewhat empty.

'Why am I feeling this way? Shouldn't I be happy that I finally left that place?' He couldn't answer any of his questions when he was stopped by a figure that was supposed to be inside that apartment.

 

"Hwang Chansung, I hope that one day your memories would stop hiding and show up soon. She's hurting more than you,"

"Go home and think about your childhood, I believe you don't have one,” Before he could ask him a question, he already disappeared into the apartment joining the rest in the kitchen.

"Memories? What type of lie is this now?" He shrugged and walked off to his freedom.

 

Inside the crowdie kitchen, Sophie stopped her cooking when she heard the door open and close. 'So he's really leaving without a goodbye, it hurts. I guess this is how he would have felt when I left him.'

 

Triple update!!! Read and enjoy ... and do comment :)