chapter nine

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Comments on Comments~

 

Mary517- She very much is, more so in this chapter^^

Like Jjong said, Seungho has been lap dog to Soyeon since forever so he;ll be a bit irritating for a while, don't worry though, I've got big plans for Seungie^^

I'm actually surprised at how fun it is to write Myungber, when I first started it was a bit hard because I was under the impression that Myungsoo was a standoffish brood, but once I got to know his personality a bit (I usually paid more attention to woohyun and Dongwoo when I watch anything Infinite related, it wasn't until I wrote this story that I actually really paid attention to Myungsoo) myungber has become fairly addicting now, I can’t help sneaking it in a bit^^

I love writing Jonghyun's and Amber's relationship, it's sort of modeled after my own relationship with my older cousin... but not... lol^^

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- I like Football/soccer as well... though it's not to popular in the states, at least not in my part of the country... I think it's pretty cool though how it's a bit more world wide then American football and such, it's always fun to watch the world cup even if no one else in my family is interested... I also have no idea what's going on though since I'm not really a sports fan, I tend to watch it when I'm drawing a writing though so it's in the back ground^^

 

Blindstar- Glad you found it^^ always happy to have new readers and I hope the rest of the story interests you as well^^

people judge from the moment they lay eyes on you, it's only natural, it's when they let that judgment determine how they speak and treat that person and so obsessively cling to that first judgment that puts them in the wrong in my opinion- we sometimes forget that because humans have free will, that we all think differently- therefor there really is no right way “to be a girl”- there will always be people who believe people need to act their part though, that we must mold into the perfect figure that the population decides.

 

PinoCChyo- glad you're reading^^

 

Chapter nine

 

Amber sat alone in the girls locker room, staring at her self in the only mirror the tiny little room had. Since the school has always had a history of having a very little amount of females the locker room was abit bigger then a public bathroom, it only needed a wall of lockers which were even to much to house the thirteen female students of Kwangju high- each girl was able to have two lockers which were eight by eight cubicles and probably could be given a third if then wanted to. Since there weren't really any girl sports the locker room was mostly used during physical education class or when they had their semester health exam.

 

Amber looked at her reflection and smiled, tugging at the loose tee and baggie shorts she'd grabbed this morning. She hadn't been able to be on a sports team since she left LA, it'd be nice to be able to be active again, to be able to run and feel her muscles tense... to feel that freedom she always felt when she was able to soar.

 

“Yah, you're seriously going to run around with a bunch of boys in that? Can't you at least wear something y to make it interesting?” Amber looked back and found Soyeon in the doorway of the locker room, a bored expression coloring her pretty little face.

 

“ah, well I'm just gonna be getting sweaty anyways, I doubt any boy's gonna think I'm y...” Amber chuckled and began to put her normal clothes into her locker, not looking at Soyeon in fear that she might “look at her wrong” or something along those lines...

 

“I wouldn't be to sure about that little Dyke, there must be at least one guy out there who'd want to run around with you.” Soyeon chuckled as she walked slowly up to Amber, her two inch heels making loud clicking sounds that echoed off the walls. She placed her arms around Amber's shoulders and leaned in close to the second year's ear and whispered, “Does this excite you?”

 

Amber, out of instinct, her elbow into Soyeon's chest, knocking the older girl down. Standing there wide eyed she could only say, “I'm sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, are you ok?” She asked and held out her hand.

 

Soyeon looked out of breath for a moment, taking long uneven breaths until she looked up at Amber and began to laugh, “You're stronger then you look.” She grinned and let Amber help her up on her wobbly legs.

 

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-” Amber froze when Soyeon leaned in close, “U-Unnie?”

 

“You're going to run into a lot of trouble little Dyke, a lot of heartache.” She giggled as though she could see it in her mind already, “You have potential though, lots and lots of potential.” She straightened up and walked back a couple of steps, “good luck on try outs, you'll need it little Dyke~” and with that she was out the door leaving Amber to stand there wondering just what Soyeon had planed in that strange little head of hers.

 

Once out on the field Amber couldn't help noticing and admiring her competition- there were five others, one she recognized as being on of the players on Jonghyun's basketball team. The other boys ranged from tall and muscular to thin and slightly frail. Deciding that the boy from Jjong's team was the only “familiar” member she walked up next to him and gave a little wave, “Hey, you're on the same team as Jonghyun.”

 

“I'm also in the same class as you...” the boy trailed off.

 

“oh yeah? Where do you sit, I'm in the way back and sorta only pay attention to the teacher and my friends....” Amber confessed, hoping he didn't take that wrong...

 

“front row, third seat to the left.” he gave the first smile Amber had ever seen him give then indicated to the thin frail boy next to him, “I'm Choi Minho and this is Lee Taemin, he decided to try out as well.”

 

“Nice to meet you.” Taemin smiled and gave a tiny bow that Amber copied.

 

“My name's Amber, it's nice to meet you too. Why're you here though, aren't you one the basketball team? You're not giving up on it right?” Amber half joked to Minho.

 

“We've had a pretty good season, we haven't lost a game at all this year, but I wanted to try for Soccer too, you can't have to many activities for when College applications come out.” Minho smiled

 

Taemin chirped in, “And once he has the soccer team he'll lead it to victory too!”

 

Amber smiled and was about to comment when the soccer team walked up and stood infront of the group of boys and Amber, “I'm glad you all made it, to begin we'll have you guys do warm ups.” the couch, a good looking man in his early thirties by the name of Kim Dongwan smiled brightly towards the applicants, “Let's see~... A-Amber Liu... hmm, people are naming there sons female names these days...” Dongwan commented as he looked down at the sign up sheet.

 

“eh hem, actually couch, Amber's a girl...” Seungho stated then pointed towards Amber, “The rule book doesn't say anything about a girl joining the team so I figured you should make the final judgment.”

 

Dongwan paused, looking at Amber from head to toe for a second then waved her to fallow him. Amber had a feeling this was the moment when he told her he wouldn't allow her to even try out. She kept close behind him, looking back every now and then at the crowd that watched him lead her to the water tank. He pause din front of it and handed her a cup of water then gave a her bight smile, “Hi, I'm the Soccer couch Kim Dongwan... I'm also the basket ball couch, and the bowling team couch... really if there's any sport that needs a couch I'm it, that or they get Miss Kahi.”

 

“It's nice to meet you sir.” Amber smiled and politely bowed.

 

“So~ You want to join the soccer team...” Dongwan scratched the back of his head awkwardly, “Is there any particular reason...”

 

“I wasn't aware we needed to have a reason to sign up... but yeah... I guess because the only thing I really like to do is play sports and math, and there being a very limited number of girls it's not like I can actually play on a girls team.”

 

“Tennis is considered coed!”

 

“It's tennis....”

 

“Point taken, but are you good, have you played before?” Dongwan smiled, he was beginning to like her syle, she seemed to truly take sports seriously... if only there were more room on the team, he wouldn't mind helping train her.

 

“Been playing since I was ten, I was MVP three years in a row.”

 

“does soccer even have titles like that...”

 

“to tell you the truth, I'm really not sure.” there was a moment of silence before the both chuckled.

 

“I like you Liu, work hard to day, I can't guarantee a spot this time around but starting next year I'd consider you... that is if you perform good of course.” Dongwan grinned and patted Amber's head, “Let's hurry, I've learned you shouldn't let these boys wait to long.” He chuckled and jogged along side Amber to the waiting crowd, “ok, when I blow the whistle I want you guys to run the track until I whistle to stop you! Ready? GO!”

 

-

 

“I'm surprised coach let her try out.” GO commented as he lounged on the bleachers with Mir and Seungho, Lee Joon was busy standing on the field looking as though he'd jump into action the second the littlest of injury occurred.

 

“Maybe she's his type, Coach isn't married or seeing anyone...” Mir commented as he boredly leaned forward in his seat wanting to be down there to do something, he was dying to stretch his legs.

 

“That's sick man, She over twelve years younger then him.” GO scoffed.

 

“Says the guys who dates women who're in their thirties...”

 

“It's not dating, just harmless playing, they know what they're getting into.”

 

“Still gross, most of them are married with kids!”

 

“Well if their husbands knew how to please them then they wouldn't be asking for me, now would they.”

 

“Can we talk about ia some other time- Check out Jonghyun's niece, she's not giving up.” Seungho commented. In truth she'd been the only one he'd been paying attention to, even when boys like Minho or Dongjun out shown her physically she still pushed on. He'd been watching her all that day, watching as she held her own at the top of the pack, something he'd never expect from a girl, yet there she was... it was... it was interesting.

 

“Maybe she is a boy, I mean I didn't get a good view in the locker room but she doesn't have much of a chest...” Soyeon commented, startling Seungho out of his daze.

 

“when'd you get here?” Seungho looked around and noticed GO and Mir had left, most likely because of Soyeon's presence, not to many people could stand Soyeon's humor these days.

 

“I've been at school since this morning, as for sitting next to you- about a minute an a half.” Soyeon grinned and pointed towards Amber, “She seems pretty competitive, must run in the family.” Kim Jonghyun and Seungho have been rivals since they were first years in elementary school, from day one they could never seem to be on the same team, always on the opposite side of everything.

 

“She's different though... I can't place it...”

 

“Maybe you're inlove Seungie, She's practically Jonghyun's twin so your love for him must finally be blossoming.”

 

“Don't even joke about things like that, I hate that bastard.” Seungho grumbled and shot a glare at Soyeon, something that rarely occurred between the two.

 

“calm down, calm down, you know I'm only kidding.” Soyeon chuckled and playfully hit him, it was barely a tap though, she'd never been very strong.

 

“Your jokes have been a bit tasteless lately, it's not like you...”

 

Soyeon paused before nodding, “I'm sorry... things just have been... well you know how home is, my parents have just been so ridiculous lately, they have my life mapped out for me with out my consent.” Soyeon smile and placed a hand on Seungho's shoulder, “It's no excuse though to pick on you, you're all I have.”

 

Seungho smiled and pressed in forehead to her's, “I'll always be there for you.” he said before pulling her in a hug.

 

Once they pulled apart Soyeon leaned her elbows on her knees and grinned over at him, “Jonghyun's niece pushed me down in the locker room~”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“Don't know~ I was just giving her advice when suddenly she went wild, I've never seen anyone react like that, she was a monster Seungie.” She said and rubbed her lower back for effect, winding Seungho's nerves just enough.

 

“That's- I figured she was like Jonghyun but even that bastard wouldn't go so far as to be violent, are you ok? Do you need to see a doctor? Did you tell couch?”

 

“shh, shh Seungho, I think making a big scene of it will just make things worse, I mean people are already talking about how much they hate me~” Soyeon pouted, “Amber-ssi seems so popular too, she has Joonie looking out for her, CL stalking her, those two nameless second years- One of them is pretty cute too- and there doesn't seem to really be anyone who dislikes her... what if... what if they don't believe us and take her side, I couldn't live through something like that Seungie.”

 

He hadn't know she'd had it so rough, most likely because she hasn't- Soyeon's power over the boy was strong, he tended to believe most of the things she said with out a second thought and it was no different in this circumstance- no one in their right mind would challenge someone like Soyeon, not even the nameless gossip junkies that line the halls of Kwangju, but Seungho still held on to the hope that Soyeon would never deceive him- She was Soyeon, the girl he's known since the day he first opened his eyes...

 

“What can we do then? We can't just let her get away with something like this...”

 

“oh Seungie~ have you forgotten who I am.” Soyeon chuckled and leaned closer to him, “I'm Park Soyeon- I always know what to do.”

 

 

(AN- Ah Soyeon~ don't you know, Amber's the main character, in the end she'll always prevail... unless I decide to pull stunt and make Amber fall at the Queens feet... lol, guess we'll just have to see how this all pans out^^

I've had Soyeon's and Seungho's stories mapped out for a while now, like around the first chapterish I'd already thought of how they fit into the story, and now I finally get to start write it out^^

In the first copy of this chapter I had a certain someone come in an save Amber during the locker room scene, I edited it out though because I couldn't think of a way to explain as to why they were there at that particular moment...

also, apparently in Korea they go to school from Monday to Saturday... and while I want to make it more realistic, this is a fanfic so I'm making Kwangju go from Monday to Friday... also it'll be more like western schools in the sense that they go to school from September to June, just to give me time to do some of the things I wanted to write before the third years graduate^^

Oh, and like I said above, I'm not really a fan of sports, I'm more into writing and doodling so I really have no idea how these things are ran... so... yeah.

 

And Shinhwa's Dongwan's in the story^^ he was always my favorite and with Shinhwa's come back I just had to put him in^^

 

thanks for the reads, subs and comments^^)