Chapter Twenty-Nine

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Chapter Twenty-Nine

 

Everyone knew about Jonghyun, even Soyeon who was watching Amber diligently as she bustled about. She didn't really care about the political aspect of homouality or anything of the sorts, but she couldn't help her self from wondering what it must be like to have one in the family. Amber didn't look to enthralled, to happy to know what her uncle was, “I'm truly sorry for what happened to your uncle, dearest.” it was only polite to offer her condolences, it had all be so sudden after all.

 

“er, yeah, I miss him.” poor dear, her relationship with her uncle must be in shambles now that she knows the truth.

 

“oh Amber dear, he's still your uncle.”

 

Amber looked confused for a moment and slightly nodded, still not quite understanding where Soyeon was getting at, “Yeah, I mean he lives only thirty minutes away... it's just a, just a big change.”

 

“well yes, learning that your uncle is gay is a huge change, But we shouldn't judge, I mean we all have things we're not proud of.” She spoke with out really listening to what Amber had said,

 

“uh... what're you- no, wait, I don't care if Jjong's gay, if he loves someone he should love them, I was talking about the fact that he had to move out, Grandmother pretty much threw him out!” She paused her pacing, wondering why she was confiding to Soyeon when she'd been... well Soyeon had just been Soyeon so Amber wasn't really sure if she could hold it against her...

 

Soyeon gave a gentle smile and patted the side of her hospital bed, “I'm sorry then, I know he means a lot to you.”

 

Amber gave a little sigh and brought a chair to Soyeon's bed side, “thanks, it's been pretty difficult, Grandmother won't even look at me, she's under the impression that I'd influenced him... which I might have but not in the way she's thinking.”

 

Soyeon patted Amber on the head, “I have more bad news for you Amber.” Amber froze, the haunting thought of perhaps something actually had gone wrong with her operation or even that her tumor had come back filled her mind, “Seungho and I have decided to date.”

 

Amber let out a loud laugh, “Are you serious.”

 

“I'm very sorry Amber, I had no intention of stealing him, especially after I'd tried so hard to get you to like him.” Soyeon squeezed Amber's shoulder, “I'm not even really sure it'll last long, we have this plan to tour Europe then perhaps go the states- You're welcome to go if you want, it'll probably go further then your summer vacation though... Seungho's been talking about not coming back at all...”

 

“Oh, no, you two have my full and complete support, I'm very happy for you unnie.” Amber beamed and pulled Soyeon into a bear hug, surprising the older girl. When Amber pulled away she couldn't quite take the grin off of her face, happy that Seungho had finally convinced Soyeon and that Soyeon was dropping the SeungBer idea altogether.

 

“I'm going to miss you Amber.” Soyeon said, finally making Amber's smile falter- that's right, Soyeon said she was leaving...

 

Amber pulled Soyeon in another hug, “I'll always be your friend Soyeon, if you ever need me just call me... alright?”

 

“Alright.”

 

-

 

GO sighed as he latched the last of his suit cases closed. What was he doing? She needed him even more now that her uncle was gone, yet here he was running off to Seoul. He sat down on his bed and looked around his room, it's neat and orderly appearance not unlike it's usual presence, he'd always been fairly tidy- he had to be, there'd been more girls to go in out of this room then he could count yet all of it felt meaningless, all of didn't even come close to comparing to Amber who hadn't even seen the inside of his house yet.

 

“Hun, dinner's ready, you almost done.” GO beautiful mother knocked on his door frame and smiled warmly towards her son.

 

“Yeah, I'll be down in a second.” his last meal with his parents, tomorrow he'd planned to go ahead to Seoul a whole two weeks earlier then planned... Amber didn't know, it was for the best that she didn't know... that was a lie, he was just being a coward, he didn't want to see her sad again.

 

“alright hun, Your father and I'll be waiting.” She smiled and waved, leaving her son to him self.

 

He didn't waist much time, he rarely had both his parents at the dinner table so this was a special treat. He slipped on a nicer shirt and quickly fixed his hair before heading down the stairs then sat down at the kitchen table, smiling at his parents.

 

Dinner was spent mostly of them going over the normal things for a leaving college student, as well as how things were going at the hospital. Soon enough dinner was over and GO offered to do the dishes, something he did normally anyways. While standing at the sink he tried to ignore the fact that Amber was gonna hate him when she found out he'd left with out telling her... he just couldn't, he couldn't even bring him self to text her his plans.

 

“You should transfer to a school here at midterm.” GO was startled by his father's voice, normal the busy man was running off to be a super hero, they rarely talked.

 

“er...”

 

“You're in love with that girl, that one that visits with Soyeon all the time.” GO's father said bluntly as he crossed his arms and stared at his son's back, “I know you don't want to admit it, but you're more like me then you think, we're both romantics at heart, even if we'd never admit it out loud.”

 

“the med school in Seoul is better... I mean it's the one you went to...”

 

“You're a brilliant boy Byunghee, you don't need a fancy school on your resume, you can do anything with that brain of yours.” GO's father smiled as GO turned towards him, “the greatest thing I ever did was take my head out of my and except that I was in love with your mother- it hasn't been easy, there've been times when we don't get along but we work through that... men like us, we don't fall inlove with just anyone, but when we do, we love them with all are hearts, you're never gonna find a girl that matches your heart like that girl does.”

 

“Dad I...” his father had never said anything like this to him, he hadn't had a terrible relationship with his father but it hadn't been close either.

 

“Girls like your mother, they don't come around every day- they'll make your life complete son, you should marry this girl before someone else does.”

 

“I don't think she likes me like that...”

 

“make her, you're my son after all, women are naturally drawn to our charm.” GO's father grinned then walked up so he could pat GO on the shoulder, “I don't care if you become a doctor, I don't care even if you make lots of money, I just want to see you happy.”

 

“Dad...”

 

“Go to her son, before someone else does.” he held up GO's keys, “hurry.” GO paused, not sure if he was ready to see her yet, then grabbed his keys and took off.

 

“And this is why I married you.” GO's mom grinned as she walked completely into the kitchen, swaying her hips as she walked towards her husband, “I'm the luckiest woman in the world.” she murmered as she slid her arms around his neck.

 

GO's father grinned and wrapped his arms around her, “I really meant it dear, you're the greatest treasure.”

 

She smiled and kissed him, “You know it~”

 

-

 

Amber stared up at her ceiling, wondering just what to do... she couldn't go out of her room, Grandmother was out there brooding but there was nothing really to do in there. She could probably text someone, but then again, she wasn't in the mood to do really anything.

 

She probably would have kept up this long running laziness if there wasn't a tapping on her window. Curious, she rolled over on her side and moved her curtains, jumping out of her skin at the person she saw.

 

“Myungsoo?” Amber asked as she opened her window, letting him in, “what're you doing here, why didn't you call? Hell, why haven't you returned any of my calls?”

 

“I've... I've been distracted lately.”

 

“yeah? Great excuse there buddy.”

 

“I... I wanted to talk to you about something,” Myungsoo sighed and looked around, unsure about this, “You can't tell anyone though.”

 

“Sure, you can trust me.”

 

Myungsoo turned towards Amber and pulled her hand in his, “CL's pregnant.”

 

Amber sputtered, “wha? Not by you right!”

 

“Of course not... She told me she doesn't know who the father is- I think she's lying... but that's what kept me... distracted lately, I've been looking after her.”

 

“how far along?”

 

“three months.” that meant she'd gotten pregnant while still in school, “Everyone's gonna find out sooner or later, I just wanted you to know... she's never been nice to you, but I was hoping... well the stigma towards underaged pregnancies...”

 

“I'll watch her back, you don't even need to ask me to.” Amber smiled and squeezed his hand, “so a February baby huh, is she gonna keep it.”

 

“she says she is... our parents don't know about it yet, I'm surprised she's been able to keep it a secret this long, she's already showing after all.” Myungsoo groaned and layed down ontop of Amber's bed, “I don't even know why she went to me, it's not like we're close or anything.”

 

“She trusts you, you're a very trustful guy.” Amber ginned and poked Myungsoo's tummy, “when do you find out what gender the little guy is.”

 

“I guessing when she get's the nerves to tell mom and dad, she'd never be able to pay for the hospital bills her self.”

 

there was a knocking on Amber's door, “one second.” she called and smiled towards Myungsoo before sliding off her bed and opening her bedroom door, “GO?”

 

“Hey Amber...” He stared over at Myungsoo who stared back at him, both with the same understanding of how the other felt for Amber but neither sure if they held any animosity towards each other- the truth is, if he didn't have her GO would hope for Myungsoo to have her, though that was just GO's opinion.

 

“It's a bit late, what'cha-”

 

“I'll talk to you later Amber, I gotta go check on CL.” Myungsoo nodded towards GO before climbing out of Amber's window.

 

“See ya Myungsoo.” her good bye was lost in the air as her friend was already gone, leaving just an open window, “eh, is there something you-” she was caught off guard as he closed the door behind him and pulled her to him, “GO, my Grandmother is-”

 

“I'm inlove with you and I don't want to leave you the way I was going to.” GO breathed as he closed his eyes, part of him afraid of what he was about to do, “I plan to transfer to one of the med schools here, I want to be here with you.”

 

“T-transfer?”

 

“At midterm, by then I can get all of the paper work and with my grades and my dad's reputation I could probably get into any school... just, this one's closer to you, I can't stand the idea of being that far from you.”

 

Was this for real? Was he really doing this for her? He was this serious? Amber stared at him, a part of her wanting to fall into his arms and give her self to him right there... not in the ual aspect of course, “You're really doing this?”

 

“Yes, I'm really doing this.” GO sighed in frustration and began to pace around Amber's room, “Is it so hard for you to believe that I'd be able to sober up, that I could actually be a one girl person? For being so accepting and sweet you seem to believe that-” GO was cut off when Amber pulled his hands in hers and grinned up at him.

 

“You talk a lot.” She laughed, “I'm sorry if you thought I thought that... I don't, I hold you at a very high pedestal GO, I believe you're more then just a player... It's just hard to believe that you could actually love a tomboy like me, that you actually would want to be with me.” she leaned up and kissed his check, far to innocent and not nearly as daring as she had been to kiss him on the lips, “I'm no good at this whole romance thing, I've never really had a serious boyfriend so you're gonna have to go at a snails pace with me.”

 

“what ever you want, I'm your slave...”

 

“no... I don't want a slave...” Amber chuckled and reached up and his cheek, “I want a friend, I want someone I can rely on... I want you GO, someone I know I can stand next to.”

 

His nervousness and frustration vanished as he smiled down at her, “Yeah, I can do that.” he grinned leaned down, capturing her lips.

 

“You're not planning to get pregnant like your mother are you.” Grandmother growled as she banged on the door.

 

“she's got ing Spidey senses or something.” Amber grumbled then called out, “Yes, I'm planning to get heavily pregnant grandmother!” she rolled her eyes and looked back up at GO who was grinning down at her, “I'm not serious about that, I'm really not.”

 

“Are you sure, I think I'd excel at that.”

 

“You .” Amber laughed and hit him on the shoulder.

 

-

 

“promise to call when you get there?” Amber sighed, this was the second time she'd had to say good bye to someone she loved in the past week, this time though she felt a bit more of an irritation then sadness.

 

“I'll even send a letter, text and message you on facebook.” GO grinned kissed her on the forehead.

 

“No calling while driving, that's dangerous.”

 

“how about texting-”

 

“That's even more dangerous!” Amber yelled and hit his arm.

 

“ow, I'm joking, joking.” GO chuckled pulled her into another hug, “You should've agreed to come along, I think you would like the apartment I'm staying in.”

 

“hmm, and then my Grandmother would hate you even more.” Amber grinned and stepped away from him, “drive safely, no speeding and-” GO gave her a quick kiss, laughing at her pout as he stepped away, “bye.”

 

“See you soon Amber, I love you.” he stated, giving her hand a squeeze before stepping towards his parents, hugging both of them hard before leaving them there.

 

Amber spent the rest of the day talking with GO's mother, she checked on Soyeon and even checked in on Myungsoo and CL, the older girl really did look like she was showing. In the weeks leading to the beginning of their last year of school, Amber tried to be there for those people, even though she missed GO and her uncle she found her self moving on slightly and by the time school started she was ready to begin the new year.

 

End of Part one

 

(AN- I've always kinda pictured GO's parents as being very loving towards one another, I don't actually know anything about his real parents but judging mostly based on his own personality I figure it has to come from some where^^

 

Part one is done 0.0 it's done... I have thousands upon thousands of ideas for part two so don't be closing the book just yet, Ferly's not going to be over for a while^^ not sure how many chapters it's gonna be but it'll be as long as part one (give or take a few chapters) so hope you're staying for part two^^

 

thank you all very much for reading and supporting Ferly, when I started this story it was mostly... well it was mostly because I was frustrated with how so many people viewed tomboys and slowly it evolved into me being frustrated with how people viewed everyone so in a way this story isn't just for tomboys but to everyone who's judged (which is everyone I guess...)

 

When it comes down to it, in this world there is only one of YOU, why would you want to be someone else when you're already so special?

 

if I'd known that while I was still in school, I think I'd have been more confident, happier, but at that age you already have a low opinion of your self and add on the fact that everything out there is telling you you're not pretty or smart enough- we don't get that we're already INCREDILE we're already so unique and wonderful that being someone else isn't worth losing our selves.

 

I hope that message was translated into this story, deep down the drama and the romance, it doesn't matter at all to me as long as people learn to love themselves, that people learn that LOVE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING but not just love between you and your significant other- the love you have for your friends and family is just as important.

 

I hope for part two I'm able to evolve more on Amber's love for her family, more on her love for her friends and even for GO...

 

 

ok, so I'm done ranting^^ thanks for reading, see you soon^^

 

 

and that arrow thing near the title, can someone tell me what that's for?)