chapter twelve

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Comments on comments^^

 

Mary517- I had to put him in, and I'm glad he made you Lol^^

I had two very different scenarios going through my head- whether she would snap at her or whether she would apologize... I actually wrote out both but felt the one I put in the last chapter fit the story a bit more and it will help the flow of the story as well^^

sorry, the lack of Myungber and Seungber is eating at me too...

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- Just his presence causes disruption, it's one of his many skills^^

and yes, cheese^^

 

final_call- I'd been under the impression that WGM was ending... might not be true though, I haven't really been paying much attention to WGM since the Adam couple left...

Sungjong-Amber would be kinda weird though, I mean they'd probably be pretty entertaining but I can't really see them getting together (and this is coming from an avid Anyber fan^^)

 

blindstar- Professor Hyukjae ftw^^

I think he'd teach... history, or maybe biology... IDK, I really just wanted to pick a name out so there would be more teachers and picked his name, a lot of the teachers will be like that^^

 

Chapter 12

 

one year” those two words brought her hope and dread.

 

She stood frozen infront of his door, contemplating whether she should knock. Every time she saw him she ached, ached to tell him everything like she'd done so many times before... no, this secret she had to keep, she wasn't strong enough to see the effect her news would have on him and she just couldn't take the stress... not now anyways.

 

Shaking those thoughts away she knocked on his door and pushed down the giddy bubbles that threatened to stretch her smile. He opened the door almost instantly, a look of surprise on his face when he found her standing there, “Soyeon? Shouldn't you be at cram school.”

 

Soyeon smiled and walked in uninvited, taking his arm in her and leading him back to the couch he'd been taking refuge on for the last few hours, “I had a doctors appointment today so my parents let me skip.” both a lie and the truth, she had doctors appointments every day so she'd quit cram school months ago, it was yet another secret she kept from her Seungie.

 

“oh, shouldn't you go to it then?” oh innocent Seungho, if you only knew.

 

“I confronted Jonghyun's niece today.” Soyeon stated, not wanting to dwell on other things.

 

“You did what? You promised to stay away from her! Are you hurt? If she hurt you I'll-”

 

“calm down Seungie,” Soyeon chuckled and squeezed his hand, “she didn't hurt me, quiet the opposite, she was quite... chivalrous actually.” she let out a little giggle and shook the bubbles away, this was no time to act like a giddy school girl, she had a mission and Amber's actions that morning fueled her fighting spirit.

 

“I don't understand Soyeon...” Seunho stared at her- a strange old Soyeon light was shinning on her, the little girl he'd sworn to protect was before him and it filled his heart with both hope and confusion.

 

“I've never seen an angel before, Seungho, I've always thought they weren't allowed to coexist with us.” Soyeon giggled and shook her head- be serious Soyeon, this is important!

 

“I thought we were talking about Liu...”

 

“they're just like the books say- strong, vibrant, beautiful.” Soyeon closed her eyes, memories of Amber's warmth making the smile on her face spread.

 

“Soyeon?” was she alright? She looked... at peace almost, something he couldn't quite understand.

 

“I've done terrible things Seungie... terrible terrible things.” Soyeon sighed wistfully, “yet that angel... ah~ She's perfect Seungie... the perfect girl for you.”

 

“Soyeon...” Seungho warned, he hated this topic, she knew what he felt about her.

 

“Just listen Seungho... When she speaks it's like flower petals in the wind.”

 

“that doesn't even make sense- I'm not dating her or anyone else Soyeon, you know I love you, if I can't have you I won't have anyone else.”

 

Soyeon looked away and let out a chuckle, standing up from the couch and walking to the large window over looking her own home across the street, “that's nonsense Seungho, I'd never date you.” her words cut through him like a knife but he kept his head up- he knew she felt the same way back, they were meant for each other... weren't they?

 

“Soyeon...”

 

“I want you to be happy Seungho, you're my greatest friend, my only friend really, you deserve an angel.” she frowned as she looked onto her house, it might have just been her imagination but it looked grayer then normal, as if all of the color has been from it.

 

“You make me happy Soyeon, I love you...”

 

“Dear,” Soyeon looked towards him, marveling at how vibrant and colorful he was in contrast to her home, and smiled, “You won't ever have me Seungho, never~” she giggled and shook her head, “look at us, getting all serious, I came here to have a pleasant conversation!”

 

Seungho looked down, wondering what was wrong with him... why wouldn't she go for someone like him? These questions were bound to drive him crazy so instead he looked back up at her and smiled, “yeah, we haven't gotten to talk in a while, how have you been... are you still getting headaches?” he asked as he made his way to her, “I heard if you eat a lot of almonds it will help.”

 

Soyeon smiled and pulled her arms around his shoulders, “I'll have to try that Seungie~” She closed her eyes and buried her face in his chest, “My head's fine though, no pain as long as you keep smiling.” please keep smiling, for ever...

 

Seungho squeezed her gently, remembering months ago when she collapsed in this very living room. He'd been so worried, he'd been the one to take her to the hospital... he'd never been so angry in his life when that nurse told him he couldn't see her, claiming he wasn't family... they were more then that, they were soulmates...

 

“You have to promise you'll be open minded Seungho.” Soyeon squeezed her eyes tight as a wave of pain shot through her, she didn't give her pain away though, it would only worry him, “Promise.” she pleaded.

 

“I...”

 

“please.”

 

“I'll do what ever you want Soyeon.” he whispered in defeat.

 

Soyeon sighed in relief then pulled away, looking up at him, putting as much effort as she could to look as though she weren't exhausted, “Good boy~” she cooed then reached up and patted his head, “mom and dad will be worried if I don't get home soon, I'll come back tomorrow Seungie.” she gave his hand one last squeeze then made her way home. Upon entering she found it hauntingly quiet. Her dad sat infront of the television, a vacant expression on his face as he flipped channels, her mother sat next to him, keeping her hands busy, having taken up knitting the past few months, “I'm home.” she announced.

 

Her mother looked back, a surprised look on her face, “You have a doctors appointment honey, did you forget?” she asked timidly, another thing she'd taken up in the last few months.

 

Soyeon glared, hating the way her sugar coated voice sounded, “doctor Choi had to cancel so the nurse did a quick check up and let me go.” she scowled and turned to leave, not wanting to be near the zombies anymore. It'd been a lie, she hadn't gone to her doctors appointments in a month, instead she'd go to the park across town and sit near the tree she'd met Seungho at. They'd wrote their names on that tree, written in nearly unreadable hand writing but she liked tracing her fingers on them anyways.

 

“She's not even trying anymore.” she heard her father grumble, stalling his channel surfing and turning off the tv. He didn't know she still stood at the top of the stairs, hidden from their eyes but in perfect hearing range for her.

 

“darling, she's trying... it's a really hard thing for her, I couldn't even imagine...” she heard her mother's voice hitch, making Soyeon roll her eyes.

 

“It's hard for us to! We're her parents, can't she at least try for us!” he dad raised his voice, not worrying anymore if she heard or not.

 

“Darling.”

 

“she could of gone through with it, could've gotten the treatments but she chose not to... what about us? We're just supposed to let her die right before our eyes.”

 

“darling...”

 

she heard muffled sobs and knew her father had broken down again. She shook her head, walking into her room, quietly shutting it behind her. She tiptoed across her perfectly clean room and laid down on her neat and tidy bed. Closing her eyes tight, she let her blank expression falter, the pain swimming through out every nerve in her body.

 

The only thing that comforted her was the very idea that she'd found Seungho an angel, that when she did leave this earth that he'd have someone to protect him, and as exhaustion set in she could see it, she could envision Seungho happily cradling his child next to that angel, could see his smile that was so beautiful and warm...

 

the pain went away before she could notice and soon she fell asleep, Seungho's warmth still lingering in her mind.

 

-

 

The sight of Miss Kahi entranced most of the boys, in fact half of the boys on the basketball team had tried out simply because they wanted to just be near the Goddess... To Amber, well, she couldn't deny that the woman was pretty and from the looks of it had more muscle in her pinky then most of her team had in their entire bodies, “So this is her huh, she really does look like Jonghyun.” Kahi said as she jogged over to them, slightly out of breath from the play she was demonstrating for her team.

 

“Yep, She's fast too.” Dongwan grinned with pride as he showed Amber off- He was quickly becoming attached to the child, she reminded him so much of his own little sister who still lived back with their parents in their home town... he missed her...

 

“oh yeah, do you want to play a quick game with the boys, they could use some competition.” Kahi grinned and motioned towards the boys who were staring. Amber spotted her uncle who was smiling back at her, waving his hand a bit when his eyes met her's.

 

“I wouldn't want to disrupt practice or anything.”

 

“nonsense, these guys are practically begging me for a break from learning these new plays, a friendly game against Dongwan's new favorite should be an exciting change.” Kahi pulled Amber along with her towards the boys, “Jonghyun, Minho, choose your teams.” the woman said and motioned towards Amber to enter the pack.

 

She'd figured she would be picked last, her being a girl and all (she thinks this bitterly, memories of Seungho's words floating up from the back of her mind) but to her surprise the second Minho was given the chance to make the first choice he said in his tantalizing deep voice, “Amber Liu~” and gave a playful grin towards Jonghyun who shot him an equally playful glare.

 

“So what's with the surprise introduction.” Kahi asked as she sat with Dongwan on the bleachers, watching her team split into two smaller teams, taking extra care to watch this Liu girl Dongwan's been talking about for the past two days.

 

“figured you might wanna scout, she's currently groupless and seems like your type.” Kahi raised her eyebrow, “fine, fine, I ran it through the the board and there's been backlash, they seem to think no matter how talented she is, she couldn't compete with the rest of the boys...”

 

“So you're giving her to me to break the hard truth- thanks a lot Dongwan.”

 

“It's not like that... she needs a strong female role model, someone with the same interest as her and I think when she finds out the boards decision she'll need it the most...” Dongwan's expression was serious, something Kahi had never seen on the man, “I don't want her to give up, I want to see her succeed but with the strict gender roles of our society I fear we might lose a gem... I don't want her to give up.”

 

Kahi paused before answering- normally she'd wave off any idea from Dongwan but her own struggles to be taken seriously in their society ignited a fire in her heart. She took a look at the young girl who was grinning brightly as she dribbled and waved in between her fellow players. She had the agility of a dancer but the strength of a fighter, something that was rare in the sports field, something Kahi her self had always prized about her own self, “I'll do what I can Dongwan, I can't make any promises but I'll try.”

 

“thanks Kahi.” Dongwan smiled and lightly hit Kahi's shoulder, “You have to admit, she's perfect right? I never wanna see that light in her leave.” Kahi peaked over at her coworker and couldn't help smiling at as well- he really did get to attached to these kids.

 

“I see some potential.” she finally stated then turned her gaze back on her students.

 

(when I first wrote this I had the basketball team part before the SoSeung part but kinda felt like it ended to... sad... so I swtiched them up... it doesn't really make much of a difference though it helped me from feeling as though world was a damn dark place... I always like to end with hope...

 

On a very undrepressing note, Mary has brought it upon her self to make us a new poster^^ I find it be absolutely wonderful^^ hug her and tell her she's the greatest ever guys... though now that I think about it, I think you guys already are watching her... but if you aren't do it NOW, you will surely regret it if you don't^^

 

hope you enjoyed... er, well I guess I just hope you didn't think this chapter was to depressing or confusing...)