chapter eighteen

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Blindstar- I like me some Eelber as well^^ and Kevber? Hmmm, anything's possible^^

 

Taiyou- I like to tease

 

Mary517- I wanted to make them go further but had to hold em back... even when I REALLY wanna see some DongjunAmber stories... he's just so so gorgeous... except in their newest MV, his stylist hates him.

I love creating the roller-coaster for you- because that's what I live for, to make everyone emotionally confused^^

Any pairings possible, I have an idea of who she'll end up with but there is always a chance I'll change my mind later on^^ and just because she likes Seungho is doesn't mean he'll be the one she'd with at the very end...

I truly hope you didn't die before I posted this chapter, I've finally given you some Myungber and I promise there's more to come^^

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- sorrysorrysorry.... you'll be happy to know that as soon as I read this comment I did start writing, so thank you for leaving this comment, feel free to do so again if it takes me a month to update again... really, if it takes me more then two weeks go ahead and give a few kicks, it makes me feel motivated^^

 

 

Chapter eighteen

 

She hadn't noticed until then how much she'd gotten used to Myungsoo's presence until she had to do with out it. She still wasn't quite sure what it was, why was the fact that she had spent a couple of hours on an island with Seungho such a big deal? It was painful really, she'd figured they'd been friends but if he was going to act like this every time she spent time with other guys.... well she wasn't sure if she could stop being his friend, she cared about him and loved to be around him. For the past week he didn't speak more then three words at a time to her and there was this awkwardness that built an invisible wall in between them.

 

After Soccer practice she Quickly put everything away, not stopping to chat with some of the players and Dongwan, instead heading straight home feeling less and less enthused about the idea of staying in Korea even when she knew that was a lie... she's grown attached to Korea even if Myungsoo was being a . Once inside her house, her bag and shoes were discarded by the front door while she headed to the kitchen for a glass of milk, stopping abruptly when she saw who was standing there grinning from ear to ear.

 

“Hey Supergirl, how's the air up there?”

 

“Junsu!” Amber cheered and jumped into the older boys arms. He still smelled the same, cinnamon and apples, he was stronger though as well as taller- she acknowledged as her head only reached his chin, “What're you doing here Jun, Grandmother said you wouldn't be here until June.”

 

“Came down to check out some apartments and I wanted to see my favorite Super Hero.” Junsu grinned and tightened his grip before pulling her back to give her a once over, “Damn, You're an adult now, I remember back when you were this tall.” he held his hands about a foot apart.

 

Amber grinned and hit his shoulder, “Yah, I'm not even fully grown yet you dirty old man, don't be calling me an adult yet.” at the back of her mind she had a mini panic attack- adult? Wasn't she considered a kid a couple of seconds ago? Wasn't she supposed to get a warning before she hit adulthood?

 

“Just face it, you're not a little girl anymore.” Junsu teased and placed a hand on her shoulder, smiling at her longer then he would have years ago.

 

“Ah, so when'd you get here?” Amber asked as she side stepped him towards the refrigerator.

 

“a couple of hours ago, I was just going to get a hotel room but your Grams convinced me to stay in the guest room.”

 

“And you know my Grandmother, she doesn't take no for an answer.” Amber grinned and offered him a soda, “Have you seen Jjong yet, he's going to flip.”

 

Junsu grinned, ignoring her questioned and pulled her out the back door to the garden that was only really visited by the gardener that came once a day. They stopped under a willow tree that Amber remembered as being their favorite place to play when she flew over, she hadn't visited this tree in years.

 

“How was college?” She asked, the silence eating at her nerves.

 

“Boring, soon enough it'll be over though.” He smiled and pulled her down to sit next to him among the tree roots, “what about you, entering your last year of high school, pretty soon you're gonna be going to college your self- you planning to go to an American school or a Korean school?” She'd barely given college a thought let alone what country she'd choose to study in...

 

“Don't know... the states probably.”

 

Junsu pouted, “I finally get to spend time with you and you decide to go back to the states- You don't love me anymore?” His hand was still on hers, something he wouldn't have down the last time they'd met up... it was a silly thought- this was Junsu, he could get what ever girl he wanted, why would be be interested in her.

 

Amber ignored those thoughts and beamed, “Of course, just being with you for five minutes makes me was wanna hop on a plane right now.”

 

Junsu smiled a strange smile, something that confused and made Amber feel as though he could see right through her... it didn't feel right, Junsu wasn't supposed to be trying to dissect her soul, he was supposed to be the good natured boy she'd harbored a one sided crush on. It was as though everytime she blinked the distance between the two was becoming less and less and the air around them was becoming thick and difficult to breath in- Was that normal, thick air should be something you should be alarmed at... right?

 

“Junsu?” Thank God for Jjong, he stood on the back step looking at the two quizzically.

 

“Hey man, long time no see.” as if the moment before hadn't happened, Junsu got to his feet and made his way to Jonghyun. Amber watched both boys exchange greetings, all the while trying to analyze just what had happened just then... what was that?

 

That night Grandmother made a huge feast, a feast far to large for the four of them. The conversation at the dinner table was mostly settled on school and work as well as economics and various other things Amber wasn't very interested in. She sat there chewing on her chicken leg while trying to keep up with the exchange between Grandmother and Junsu, their debate on the financial stability of one of Junsu's dad's largest competitors seemed to be a touchy subject for both.

 

Half way through the meal she'd given up trying to fallow the exchange, it just wasn't that interesting, not when she had other more Myungsoo like problems swimming in her mind- Why was he so distant, they used to sleep in the same bed for Christ's sake, now he could barely look her in the eyes. Perhaps he'd always been like this she'd just never noticed... no, no, something had to be up...

 

“Amber?”

 

“sorry, what?”

 

“I was just wondering if you had anything decent to wear to Junsu's party?” Grandmother questioned.

 

“Party?”

 

“Just something the school district does- there's dancing, food and all that. I in particular have to make a big speech on how grateful I am to be getting this position.” Junsu stated waving his eyebrows making Amber chuckle- Everyone knew just how much Junsu loved making speeches, his high school graduation had proved this.

 

“Junsu was nice enough to invite all of us along.” Grandmother gave Amber a look, daring the girl to protest.

 

Tempted to do just that, Amber shook away all thoughts of rebellion and smiled, “should be fun, I guess I'll have to get something to wear though, all of my nice clothes are back in LA.” God she was screwed.

 

“great! It's in July!”

 

 

 

“And you know what I said! I said I'd need to get something to wear.” Amber groaned out as she leaned back in the chair she was sitting in, “I hate parties, it's going to be such a drag.”

 

“well, look on the bright side, no one ever said you couldn't bring along a date.” Dongwoo grinned.

 

Amber paused for a second before that bit of information sank into her head, “Darling you're a genius! Would you go with me!” Amber questioned excitedly.

 

“Sorry honey, you know I have to provide for the family, why not bring our lovely friend Myungsoo instead.” The man in question perked up and looked towards Dongwoo, almost trying to speak with his eyes on how terrible that idea was.

 

“Well, I don't know...” Maybe if Myungsoo wasn't being so quiet...

 

“nonsense, you two have been far to quiet lately, it's about time you've bonded over something!” Dongwoo grinned and placed his arms around both and brought them closer to him, “You two should start as soon as possible, how about going shopping today after school, just the two of you.”

 

“Oh, I don't know-” both started to say.

 

“do it for me, please~” neither could say no to those eyes.

 

 

 

“So... we're at the mall.” Amber commented as they walked a foot apart looking in opposite directions. She still didn't understand what was keeping him so quiet, why he was shutting her out, “Do you hate me for some reason?” She asked out loud with out really thinking.

 

“Hate... of course not.” Myungsoo coughed out and sighed when he could see she hadn't bought it. He really didn't, on the contrary... it was just, it was just that now that he acknowledged that there was something inside him longing for her he couldn't bring himself to let her in anymore... would she really like someone like him?

 

“that shop looks promising, let's head over to that one.” Amber commented, wanting to change the subject. It was pointless to bring these things up, as time started slipping away she was starting to feel as though she wouldn't have time to win him back over... and really, if she was going back to America after school ended she probably wouldn't be seeing any of her Korean friends anyways... so why bother?

 

Truthfully that last thought hurt a bit more then she would have liked.

 

Once inside the shop they browsed the many racks for a decent dress- Amber had given up the idea of trying to wear formal pants and a blouse, her Grandmother wouldn't even hear of it. Instead she tried to find something long enough to hide the shorts she'd planned to wear underneath, that way she could at least feel a bit of satisfaction of being able to cheat.

 

“How about this one?” She asked as she held up a floral dress then shook her own head, “ah, never mind.” she sighed, knowing this was going to be a long day.

 

To her surprise not ten minutes later Myungsoo walked up to her with a stack of dresses, his face blank of emotions but there was a tinge of eagerness in his eyes, “These will, um, I think these will be the best ones Amber.” he stuttered out and motioned towards the dressing rooms.

 

“oh, thanks Soo.” Amber didn't know why she felt like she was blushing, perhaps it was because she was happy she didn't have to look for a dress herself... she didn't even know what to look for really. She headed into the dressing rooms and set the pile of dresses down on the bench. She felt a bit foolish as she took off her clothes, why was her heart beating so wildly and why did she feel as though the world was looking at her when she was in that dressing room alone? She picked up the dress on the top of the pile and the silk, feeling even more foolish.

 

“hmm, not this one.” Amber stated as she looked at her self... she had to admit, with the right make up and the right hair style she'd look great... but she really didn't want to stand out to much and this silky red dress was far to... far to striking, it'd practically be an invitation for people to look at her. She quickly got out of it and grabbed the next one, acknowledging for a moment that Myungsoo had some how gotten her size correct... she didn't quite know how to respond to that.

 

The next dress was green and long, far too long for her liking... in truth she did like it, the color brought out her eyes really well but she knew she'd never be able to walk in this one. She got out of quickly and picked up the next one, dropping it instantly when she noticed how short it was.

 

The last one was a warm yellow dress. It was simple but elegant, short but not to short and was fairly innocent, something she felt wouldn't invite the wrong kind of looks but would please her grandmother enough to keep her off Amber's back for a while, “What do you think.” Amber asked timidly as she opened the dressing room door and found Myungsoo sitting there waiting for her. For a moment he sat there staring, making Amber feel even more stupid for showing him, but when he smiled she felt as though all the weight on her shoulders had lifted.

 

“It was the one I hoped you'd pick.” She was beautiful, as though that dress was made for her. When he'd found that dress he'd known instantly it would be the one... but it would look so odd if he let her know he thought that so he pulled any other dress he thought might look good on her, but the truth was he'd known this was the one...

 

Amber beamed, “yeah? I'll get this one then.” she headed back into the dressing room, leaving Myungsoo to wait once more.

 

“I think we did really well.” Amber commented excitedly as they walked away from the shop, this time closer and looking towards each other every once and a while, “I'm hungry, wanna go to Dongwoo's work and show him what we found, maybe we can convince him to give us some food for free.”

 

Myungsoo give a little chuckle, “We're going to get him fired some day.” he kept his face forward though his eyes peeked over at her, his heart beating as he stared at her beaming smile. The image of her in that dress this lingured in his mind... it would be something he'd never be able to look at her and not see, she truly was beautiful, but then again, even right now in her school uniform she was beautiful... the whole “pushing her away” thing failed big time, he'd just have to take any heartache now that he couldn't go back.

 

 

(AN- you can think “say yes to the dress” for the last scene, I have a soft spot for that show and have always wanted to add in a scene like that in one of my stories. I've actually had the idea for that scene for a while now, I'm glad to finally be adding it^^

 

sorry for the long wait, I am unworthy.)