chapter 2

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

It didn't take long for the news of the new transfer student to spread through Gwangju high. By mid morning everyone seemed to know that there would be a new GIRL student to start the very next day who was the niece of the ever popular Kim Jonghyun. This was something of an anticipated topic for the boys of Gwangju, currently enrolled were twelve girls, three third years, five second years and four first years, it was just one of those schools that parents didn't want their young daughter's going to because of it's reputation and the fact that it was second class.

 

By the end of the day Jonghyun could barely keep in the laughter he'd had to hold since the word got out about his niece. The imagination of his class mates seemed to put Amber as a five foot five bomb shell, something you'd see in an idol group, he just didn't have the heart to tell them that his nice really was a tomboy who barely had a curve. All day long his classmates begged him for at least a picture of her, something to confirm of her existence, he denied them though, not out of spite but because he sorta of feared for Amber's reputation.

 

When he got home he spotted her outside the house sitting on the fence swinging her legs back and forth, “You're late uncle Jjong, You said you'd be home by three.” She smiled lightly and gave a little wave towards Lee Joon who had tagged along, “hey...”

 

“this is the famous niece who rivals every SNSD member in looks.” Joon gasped, receiving a hit from Jonghyun.

 

“yeah, man, my baby's gorgeous.” Jonghyun stated and pulled Amber down into a hug, “You thank so right?” he challenged, raising an eyebrow while Amber just looked at both of them in confusion.

 

“um...”

 

“yeah man, she's gotta... gotta nice.” that's when Joon really got a good look at her eyes, made full eye contact and got lost in those big brown innocent eyes.

 

“man, it's not that hard to find a good quality is it?” Amber joked and pulled out of Jonghyun's grip, “come on my uniform just came in.” she stated and pulled her uncle behind her into the yard with Joon still in a daze fallowing behind.

 

The three of them, Jonghyun, Grandmother and Joon, waiting in the living room for Amber to come out of her her room and down the hall, all of them, specifically the last, anticipated what she'd look in her brand new Gwangju uniform. She walked out, tugging at the pale blue button down shirt that she still hadn't tied her tie around and awkwardly kept peering down at her exposed legs, “Is it really mandatory to wear these stupid things, I mean I didn't even wear skirts back when I was being all girly.” Amber scoffed, embarrassed that she was modeling not only infront of her favorite uncle and grandmother but also this complete stranger who looked at her weirdly.

 

“you look... better.” Grandmother grumbled and stood up, walking the few yards up to her grand daughter and ran a hand through Amber's short hair, “You'll look much better once your hair grows out, though in the mean time I know a lady who does miracles with extensions, perhaps...”

 

“I thank you look great Amber.” Jonghyun praised and waved his mother away, “omma, I think I smell something burning in the kitchen.” he lied. Grandmother seemed to want to say something but just shook her head and left the room.

 

“You really think... I mean it's not really my style...” Amber mumbled and pulled at her skirt. She really hadn't worn a skirt in a long time, probably the last time being in elementary, while in middle and high school the only time she ever wore anything dress like was to church... for the most part she'd always been a blue skinny jeans type, one of the choices she's kept through her change, though her shirts got longer and larger when she started hanging with Eli and Kevin.

 

“You look great Amber, perfect even, right Joon?” Jonghyun peered over at his friend who still seemed to be confused over something, Jonghyun barely got a response from him, “Joon?” Jonghyun urged.

 

“huh, um, yeah, you, you look very nice.” Joon stumbled over his words as he jumped from the couch and walked up to them, “Eh, I haven't really introduced my self yet, I'm Lee Joon, me and Jjong have been friends since... eh, I think babies.” he gave a cute awkward grin that Amber couldn't help laughing at.

 

“yeah? you're practically an uncle then.” Amber chuckled and hit him playfully on the shoulder, “I'll see you guys later, I gotta go finish unpacking everything, call me when dinner's done.” Amber called over her shoulder as she went back towards her room, leaving a very perplexed Lee Joon staring after her.

 

Lee Joon's behavior didn't go unnoticed by Jonghyun, secretly he'd hoped Lee Joon would grow attached to Amber, mostly out of the hope that he'd take it upon him self to protect Amber when Jonghyun couldn't- whether the boys of Gwangju liked girly girls or not, Amber was still a part of a foreign species there, Gwangju boys weren't picky.

 

“Uncle?” Joon mumbled and rubbed the spot where Amber had hit him, then turned towards Jonghyun, “no girls ever talked to me like that, from the time I was a baby they've always acted the same.” that being that in Joon's mind girls always turned into puddles before him, which Jonghyun contended to because it was kinda true, though there were girls who were able to escape his charm... not many...

 

“It's ok man, she's just not into guys like you, she into... the smart type.” Jonghyun threw out a guess and patted Joon on the shoulder.

 

“Smart? Smart, I'm in no way stupid.” Joon scoffed and crossed his arms, then jumped, “wait, wait, you don't think... man, I'm not into her, no way, no... she's... she doesn't... she's...” Joon sighed and hung his head, giving up any chance of redeeming him self. Not only did he just admit to being offended that Amber wouldn't like someone like him but he also admitted it to the uncle of said girl... he was so confused at this point that he really just wanted to go home and call it a night.

 

“You're a genius Joon.” Jonghyun reassured his best friend and lead him towards the couch again, “I've got a proposition for you though...”

 

“oh... what's that?” Joon asked, eager to changed the subject.

 

“Amber... she's a lot more innocent then the girls we go to school with, hell man, I don't think she's... God, I really don't wanna think about it but she's still gotta be a , those guys'll eat her up and those girls'll tear her to pieces...” Jonghyun paused, hoping Joon was coming to the same conclusion but his friend just sat there waiting for him to continue, “I'm not gonna be able to watch her twenty four seven, I need someone else willing to keep the others in check.”

 

“like a body guard?”

 

“yeah, yeah, Amber needs a body guard, one of us has gotta be by her side at all times... I guess that's not gonna work out when she has to use the bath room but she's just gonna have to manage I guess.” Jonghyun placed his arms on either side of Joon's shoulders and looked him in the eyes, “please look after my niece Joon, you're the only person I trust.”

 

Joon paused, a part of him wanted to say no, Amber confused him, but he nodded his head, “of course... just call me uncle Joon...” he sighed.

 

-

 

“Let's see... bag, uniform, brushed teeth, washed face... hum... I guess my hair looks fine.” Amber mumbled to her self as she walked back in forth, alone in her room with a rubik's cube in hand, only looking up to peek at her self in the mirror. She'd woken up much to early that morning, getting her morning routine done a whole hour before her and Jonghyun had to leave. She began to think of her call with Eli the other day when she had to tell him she wasn't coming back to LA. He'd taken it bad, much worse then Kevin had.

 

So you're just going to leave, let your parents win? Don't I mean anything to you?”

 

she sighed and wished she'd been able to say more, but at the moment she'd been so emotional and to stubborn to break down in tears that she couldn't seem to get a word out with out sobbing... Out of all the people she knew she hated showing weakness in front of Eli, it was different with Kevin, but Eli... he was terrible at comforting anyone who cried, at least that's what she kept telling her self- truth was she'd never cried in front of Eli to find out how he reacted to people crying...

 

We'll miss you Amber...”

 

Kevin... he'd taken the news hard, but he didn't react badly like Eli, but then it'd always been like that- Kevin was so cool headed while Eli the opposite, polar opposites. Kevin was such a gentle soul that eased all of Amber's pain away while Eli was always quick to jump, he was loyal as ever but he reacted with out thinking that he sometimes speaks with out thinking and usually ends with them getting in this big argument that they don't settle until Kevin intervenes...

 

but she still loved the guy, he was her best friend.

 

“You ready to go Princess, your chariot leaves in five.” Jonghyun peeked his head in and flashed his niece a grin, “why the long face, not excited about your first day.”

 

“Just nervous.” Amber sighed and pulled her bag over her shoulders, “anyone I should know to stay away from, I don't wanna mess with the wrong people?” she questioned as she walked along side Jonghyun down the hallway and out the front door.

 

“Humm... me of course.” he joked, though in his head he said everyone, don't trust anyone... though he was exaggerating a bit, blame it on the fondness he's always had for his youngest niece, he's always felt like he had to guide her, make sure no big bad wolf touched his little red.

 

“Of course, but really, got any enemies, I wouldn't wanna run into someone that hates you.” she slightly beamed over at her uncle... a part of her had always wanted to go to school with him, he'd always seemed like such a nice guy that... well he'd always struck her as weird too, and a bit of a player with the way he'd always flirt with every girl he saw, but he was cool none the less and always tried to help her if he could.

 

“ah... well there's Seungho, Lee Joon's sort of an idiot and hangs with him but I can't stand him.” Jonghyun shrugs, “and CL, there's notta a lot of girls in our school and she's kinda the queen of them... she's scary.”

 

“catty?”

 

“more like a tiger, she'll tear you to bits if you get to close to her claws, she's got this group she calls the blackjacks, there's four of them, two seniors, her and a freshman, they terrorize who ever they want... stay away from her, she's in your grade Amber.” he paused in thought, “also, Seungho has this... I wouldn't call her a girlfriend, more like a shadow, her name's Soyeon and she controls Seungho like puppet, try not to get on her bad side.”

 

“well, that's quite a few people to look out for, are they really that scary?” Amber jumped onto the little foot tall brick wall and balanced as she walked along it's thin top.

 

“scarier, some of these girls think they have to kill each other since there's so little at our school, I'd advise you not to talk to any of them.”

 

Amber jumped down, “not a problem Jong, I'll be attached to your side at all times and like I said, I don't like girls anymore.”

 

once they made it to school they were both bombarded with students, fans of Jonhyung (the girl population really, minus a few girls who couldn't care less) and the boys who were expecting Amber to be a bit more... less Amber like, “yah, yah, we need to go to class.” Jonghyun grinned and placed an arm around his niece, “But before that, I'd like you all to meet my niece Amber, she's a second year.”

 

“Hey...”

 

“Yah, Kim Jonghyun, you've got a twin.” a loud booming voice Jonghyun hadn't expected to be there rang through the field, directing everyone's attention to Lee Chaerin, better known as CL, who stood with her group of blackjacks infront of the school building, a smirk on her face, “We all know how much I hate that face of yours, why bring a clone?”

 

 

 

(AN- when I first started this I was gonna make CL the silent brooding type, but then I thought “nah, we need more villains in this story and CL's very versatile.

But yeah, sorry if it was a bit boring, I wanted to do a bit more development on things like Amber's relationship with Jjong and Joon, as well as bring Eli and Kevin in a bit more, the part with CL sort of just happened, sometimes I'm just in the mood to put in her my stories- I'm a CL fan, what can I say^^

 

anyways, thanks for the subs comments and reads, means a lot to me^^ hope you keep it up^^)

 

Comments on Comments

 

YuuYuu- you seem to be reading all of my ongoing stories^^ it's always fun to see a familiar face pop up so I'm glad you're reading^^

people who stereotype lesbians as manly don't understand that there's a lot of lesbians who aren't manly at all, it's like the gay stereotype that all men that are gay are fragile and womanly (I actually have an uncle who's gay and is built like a bull who enjoys football, oh yes, all gay men are womanly -.-) my thoughts are that you're gonna like who you're gonna like no matter what you look and act like, it's got nothing to do with whether you're a tomboy or a girly girl.

 

ThatNerdyBlackChic- Tomboys ftw^^ glad you love it, hope you keep reading^-^

 

Shining_Infinitely- hope you like ^_^