chapter eight

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

(Ah, I should of commented on comments the moment I got them, all of the comments from Chapter seven are gone now -.- that 's the thing I'm most sad about loosing, but I'll get over it, I guess I just hate loosing all the praise you guys gave me (I've got a big ego, what can I say^^) but yeah, no comments on comments for this chapter, thanks for all the patience, I'm currently working on chapter nine right now^^)

 

Chapter eight

 

Lee Joon sighed as he walked several people back from Amber, thoroughly bored with “guard duty”. He didn't quite know what it was, if it'd been any other girl he wouldn't have a problem walking right next to them... but Amber, he could barely talk to her and when he did it turned disastrous so he was left trailing behind her far enough to keep out of site but close enough to keep an eye on her like he'd been told to do- It turns out stalking a teenaged girl wasn't nearly as fun and romantic as they showed it on tv.

 

“You're doing it again.” Lee Joon jumped and turned towards his friend GO who stood there waiting for an explanation, “why're you always fallowing that new kid around, you in heat or something?”

 

“Jonghyun wants me to-”

 

“look after her, yeah, you told me, but why're you stalking her when you could easily go up to her, it makes no sense.”

 

“I... don't want her to know I'm fallowing her...”

 

“lame excuse.”

 

“fine, she's just so different then the girls I'm used to, most of them melt when they see me, she on the other hand looks me straight in the eye and talks in full sentences- it's nerve racking!” Joon groaned and messed his own hair out of irritation.

 

GO patted Joon on the shoulder, “Life has been hard on you.” he teased, grinning from ear to ear.

 

Joon glared and was about to respond when he noticed something, “ah, why'd you distract me, she's gone!” he gasped and looked around furiously, all sorts of terrible images filling his mind.

 

“calm down, she walked into that classroom right there.” GO chuckled and shook his head, “You're going to drive your self insane?”

 

“Why's she going into that classroom, she's not in that class!” Joon rushed forward nearly knocking over poor Lizzy who had the misfortune to be in the way. He pushed kids out of the way with GO trailing behind leisurely bowing and mumbling words of apology to the students who were mauled over by the big brute.

 

Once he reached the door way of the classroom he was breathing heavily as he clung to the frame, his eyes searching frantically for the young girl, “where...” he paused when he spotted her with her two friends standing infront of Seungho's desk, “huh?”

 

“You ok Lee Joon, you look a little winded...” Seungho commented

 

“I- Why're you... what's going on?” Lee Joon asked as he pushed up from the door frame and looked around for the first time, finally noticing the familiarity of the room, “huh?”

 

“Why'd you run off like that Joon, we still have five minutes until lunch is over.” GO chuckled as he walked into their class room and headed straight to his desk behind Seungho, “Hey, you're Jonghyun's niece right? Whatcha doing in our classroom?”

 

Lee Joon hung his head and walked into his classroom and headed for his own seat next to GO and behind Soyeon who hadn't looked away from the new girl since she arrived.

 

“erm, yeah, my name's Amber Liu, and I was told Seungho oppa was the person to talk to about joining the Soccer team.”

 

there was a long paused before Soyeon laughed, “you're asking to join the soccer team?”

 

“yeah...”

 

“I'm sorry, all full up.” Seungho commented and lightly hit Soyeon's shoulder, not enough to hurt her but enough to get her to stop laughing.

 

“You guys are still trying to find someone to fill Wonbin's spot since he transferred, you have room.” Myungsoo spoke up, “And before you say it, there's nothing in the rule book about admitting female players, not letting her try out would be discrimination.”

 

Seungho sat there with a serious expression on his face, the rest of the class room sat in silence hanging on what ever decision he was going to make, “You can't seriously be thinking about this, right?” Soyeon scoffed and looked at her friend in a perplexed manner, “Seungie?”

 

“Amber, this game's rough, girls-”

 

“we're having try outs this Saturday, show up with plenty of water and something to exercise in, be prepared to be active through out the whole day.” Seungho interrupted GO then pulled out a piece of paper, “sign your name here and make sure you're here by nine, late comers run ten laps around the field.”

 

Amber beamed at Seungho then quickly signed her name, “thanks, I'll make sure I get here on time.” she gave Seungho his pen back then waved towards Lee Joon and GO, “Hey Lee Joon, and nice to meet you...”

 

“GO.” he smiled politely.

 

“nice to meet you GO.” Amber flashed a grin then headed out the door with her friends only a step behind.

 

Once she was out the door both GO and Joon pulled Seungho back to look at them, GO growling out a, “Are you crazy, we can't have a girl on our team, we'd be laughed off the field.”

 

“Not that anyone would notice the little dyke's a girl, I mean seriously, if no one had told me I'd never have known.”

 

“The skirt should've been a good indication.” Joon rolled his eyes at Soyeon then turned towards Seungho, “but really man, what if she gets hurt?”

 

“who's gonna take her seriously?”

 

“Soccer's a rough-”

 

“Guys!” Seungho silenced his friends by holding up his hands, “You heard the second year, the rules don't state anything about gender- if she wants to try out she can try out.” Seungho raised an eyebrow and chuckled, “she's not gonna beat out the guys that have already signed up anyways.” he held up the sign up sheet for the other three.

 

“Oh my God, Nichkhun signed up!” Soyeon cheered.

 

“not to mention Chansung, Choi Minho and Kim Dongjun, this girl doesn't have a chance.” GO gasped.

 

“Still though, she could get hurt in the try outs... do you really want that over your head?”

 

“She'll wuss out two minutes in, we're good Joonie, your little girlfriend's not gonna get hurt.” Soyeon teased and leaned on Seungho's arm, “The real question is, why're you being so nice to the little dyke, are you gay Seungie?” Soyeon pouted, her eyes had a spark, something Seungho hadn't seen it quiet along time.

 

He smiled and combed his hands through her hair that he noticed made her visibly shutter, “I'm just not that cruel Soyeon.” he sighed and leaned his head on hers for the rest of the day, wondering to him self whether his old Soyeon was coming back or not.

 

-

 

“Are you seriously doing this?” Jonghyun asked as he watched his niece race around her room stuffing clothes into her duffel bag. It was eight in the morning and normally he'd be asleep on a Saturday but with the amount of racket Amber was making he just had to check out what was going on.

 

“You and Grandmother have been telling me to join a club or sport so I'm making the effort- it's to late to try out for the other teams cause they had sign ups a while back, but now that there's an opening in soccer, something I excel in by the way, I figured I'd give it a shot- what's the big deal?” Amber threw a pair of trainers into her duffel then looked over at Jonghyun and grinned, “I think I'm gonna get in!”

 

“I have no doubt about you getting in, you've always been the best at sports, I just don't want you hanging out with Seungho and his friends, they're crazy.” Jonghyun smiled back and opened his arms for a hug as Amber headed towards him.

 

“Jongie!” Amber chuckled and squeezed him into a hug before ducking under his arms and heading towards the door, “I promise Jongie, they won't taint me.” She flashed him a grin and reached for the door, stopping short when Jonghyun placed his hand on her shoulder.

 

“Be careful Amber, Seungho and his friends are bored rich kids looking for anything to amuse them, just you being you is enough to get their interest.”

 

“what do you mean?” Amber asked

 

“there's been talk,” Jonghyun paused and shook his head, “kids in their class have been saying that you've been their main topic since you moved here, specifically Soyeon's been talking about you and that can't be good.”

 

“Soyeon does seem a little... off...”

 

“that's only the half of it, she's... she has the ability to mark your school career for the rest of your life, it used to be that she'd just pick on kids, but lately it's gotten to the point where she's gotten kids expelled for simply looking at her wrong.”

 

“Expelled...”

 

“Her dad's the superintendent of our school district so she's got a lot over our principal's head, and she's been using that lately... She treats it as a game...”

 

“A game...”

 

“Once you get on Soyeon's bad side you're marked as a wang-dda and that will fallow you even out of our district, Korea's different then LA Amber, you need to watch what you say and do.” Jonghyun sighed and pulled her into another bone crushing hug, “my little Amber, what am I gonna do with you~”

 

Amber chuckled and pushed him away, “You're gonna make a good dad some day~” She grinned then reached for the door once more, “I can't let bullies rule my life though, I'm not doing anything worth criticizing so if they want to go after me, let em, I'm just not gonna let them rule me.” she squeezed his hand then was out the door, leaving Jonghyun stand in the door way looking longingly at his niece, hoping beyond hope that she didn't do something stupid...