Chapter four

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Chapter four

 

CL struggled to keep her smile from her face as she watched Amber walk into the class room. It sounded weird but she was beginning to become rather fond of the tomboy, not in a love kinda why of course but a “I wanna see you more on the fact that I sort of enjoy your company and not just because I want to punish Kim Jonghyun for his stupidity” kinda thing... but really though, it would be pretty good payback if she dated Kim Jonghyun's little niece, the little rat would be haunted by her face every time he turned around.

 

“what're you smiling about?” Amber questioned as she numbly sat in her seat, sitting as far away from her seat neighbor as possible.

 

“oh, just admiring God's workmanship.” CL chuckled and hit Amber's shoulder, “loosen up pigeon, in just eight hours school'll be over, hello weekend.”

 

Amber looked at her oddly and shifted so she was barely sitting on her seat, she'd never seen CL look this... happy? Giddy? Did she get laid or something? Was she high?

 

“Let's go out tonight, just you, me and the girls, we'll show you around.”

 

“Eh...”

 

“it wasn't an offer Pigeon, either come or I'll get you a leash.” and with that, Amber decided that lone wolf CL was a lot better then giddy CL...

 

-

 

“Keep up pigeon, we have ten more shops to go!” CL called over her shoulder at Amber who was weighed down by the bags of clothes and random CL and her friends' had decided to buy. Apparently showing her around meant going to the mall and having Amber play pack mule for two hours straight, oh how she hoped this night would quickly end.

 

“can't we call it a night unnie?” Amber couldn've kissed the youngest Minji who looked back at her and gave her a wink.

 

“nonsense Minki, we have all night to have fun!”

 

“oh, but I wanted to see pigeon unnie in that dress we decided to buy for her.” Minji pouted and hung on CL's arm, “please unnie~ I bet we can make her really really pretty.” Dress? Ah, she was just as evil as CL then, “And really, I think your step mom will be angry at you as it is for buying so much.

 

“Who cares about that .” CL sent Minji a little glare that the younger fought off with wide eyed innocents, bringing in a pout for insurance, “fine, I fell like seeing it on her anyways.”and with that Amber was dragged back to CL's house where she longed to be back at the mall carrying CL's bags.

 

“Not that color, Dara, it'll clash.” CL stated as she leaned in to get a better view of Amber's eyes. Amber was a particular sight to see, at that very moment she was strapped down to a chair in CL bed room with all four girls crowding around her... for once she wished for a white knight... well, anyone to stop this giggling bunch would do, and as if God were listening the quintet was distracted from the merriment by a loud group of boys that passed CL's open bed room door.

 

One of the boys, a boy with a strangely dinosaur like appearance peeked his head with a big goofy grin on his face and sent the girls a wink, “ah, how's my best friend's big sis.”

 

“ off Dongwoo.” CL growled at the boy and threw her hair drying at the boy who barely missed. Amber recognized him a bit, he was one of the boys who sat in the front all the time and made Teacher Kim's life a living nightmare.

 

“aw, but Chaerinnie, why can't I say hi?” Dongwoo pouted and stepped completely into the room.

 

“Yah, L, your stupid friend is going into my territory again, if you want him alive get him out of here in the next five seconds or else.” CL yelled.

 

A boy with a bored expression walked into the room casually and gave a lazy wave, “good afternoon to you too sister dear.” Amber could tell right away that she liked this guy, he seemed so calm and cool around someone as terrifying as CL... and wait... did he just say sister?

 

“You have a brother?” She asked out loud without thinking. Ah~, stupid Amber, why did she care, this was CL, the girl that compared her to a bird and treated her like one too...

 

“STEP brother.” CL murmured darkly as she glared at her step brother and his friend who still hadn't gotten the message that CL was going to kill him, “Get out L and take your little friend, this is no mans land remember.”

 

“did you make a new friend?” This “L” said as he side stepped his step sister and peered at the girl, “hmm, you look familiar.” he said out loud.

 

“It's the new girl, the one that everyone's been talkin about, the basketball teams' Kim Jonghyun's Niece... hm, she really does look like him.” Dongwoo peered closer, trying to get a better look at her.

 

“Kim Jonghyun huh?” L raised an eyebrow and looked over at his sister, “Kim Jonghyun's nice is here tied to a chair in your room... this doesn't look very good dear sister.”

 

“it's none of your business Kim Myungsoo, Amber here's havin the time of her life so grab your little buddy and get.” CL and Myungsoo stared at each other for a long time before CL finally growled out a, “fine, untie her and go.” and stomped out of her room with her three other friends fallowing.

 

Myungsoo let out a sigh and shook his head before turning back to Amber, “Sorry about that, I swear she's not as scary as she seems.” when Amber didn't respond he questioned, “You're not from around here... ah, I hope that doesn't mean you don't know what we're saying! Ah, my crazy sister kidnapped a Foreigner!”

 

“N-no, it's just... not to many people have been nice to me lately, I'm afraid if I say something stupid I'll it up.” She coughed awkwardly gave a little shrug.

 

“aw, she's cute Soo, let's keep her.” Dongwoo beamed and wiggled his finger at Amber who looked at him oddly.

 

Myungsoo chuckled and nodded his head, “if she'll have us.” He grinned and leaned down, taking one knot in his hands and untying as quickly as he could.

 

Once free, Amber rubbed her wrists and stood up with the help of both boys and smiled brightly, “thanks, I thought I was a goner.” she stretched her arms then turned towards the mirror, “ah, they ruined me.” she sighed and walked closer to CL's mirror, grimicing at the makeup that colored her pores and the glitter that dotted her eyes.

 

“really, I think they did a pretty good job, you look adorable.” Dongwoo commented as he stepped up behind her and placed a hand on her bare shoulder, nearly taking it off when it felt a strange heat go through his body... she was beautiful, especially in that dress...

 

“It's not me, all this junk, it's just a lie girls use to fool people into believing they're better looking then they are... I don't wanna be like that but it seems like everyone wants me to,” She paused, staring at her reflection in the mirror, remembering Candy's harsh words.

 

Who're you trying to fool Amber, you walk around here flaunting your pretty little body but it's all fake, you're ugly Amber!”

 

Amber shook her head, “No one can choose who I'm gonna be but me.” Amber said stubbornly and whipped the make up off as well as she could.

 

“What's wrong with being a girl though, I think you're real pretty like this.” Myungsoo smiled gently and held a moist towelette up to her that she took thankfully.

 

“Trust me, girls are nothing but trouble.” and with that washed away all that remained of CL's game, no matter how clean her face was of the mud it still didn't feel clean. That day when the girl she'd thought was her best friend, she'd made her hate her own kind, made her hate the mold girls were expected to uphold... Amber couldn't help but thank Candy though, if she hadn't shown her how terrible girls were then she might still be the same Amber Liu who cared more about makeup and boys then her own happiness.

 

 

(AN- guess who's computer got attacked by three freaking virus's -.-

 

Short chapter but the virus hit before I could save the last version, thankfully though I kinda like this version better since the last version of chapter four was a bit... flat, boring... it was fallowing Myungsoo but at the time when I was writing it I didn't quite have a clear idea of what I wanted his character to be, he turned out to be annoyingly dark and gloomy apposed to this Myungsoo that I like to think is a bit more white knightish^^

 

I'll try to get chapter five out soon, now that I have Myungsoo and Dongwoo's introductions out of the way I think the next chapter will go a wee bit smoother^^ oh, and more Seungho, I've really been thinking hard on his relationship with Soyeon and why he'd ever be with Amber, you know, character development and stuff so I'm pretty excited to show you guys what I've been playing with^^

 

OH, have you guy's heard Sunny Hill's Grasshopper song? I love it, I'm really loving that group lately, what with Midnight Circus and Pray, ah~ their songs are so addictive^^

 

ALSO, I'm planning to request a new poster but can't decide on who to ask, anyone got any ideas... or even if you want one of you can just whip something up... normally I'd do it but I've sorta been in a slump when it comes to posters-,-)