chapter twenty

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- MBLAQ/Amber pairs just make sense, I mean I can't really find any that I dislike but then again I'm an AnyBer shipper so...

the funny part is I actually thought of throwing Jiyong into the story^^ but then I decided that any Gbers that I'd be writing needed it's own story... which I'm considering for GOBer as well since I've recently been obsessed with it as well^^

and I like when comments are as long as Dumbledore's beard^^

blindstar- glad you love^^ and Myungber is coming up, it wouldn't be much of an AnyBer if it didn't have more then one couple^^

Mary517- Yah, sure you will^^ lol JK, I've noticed a lot of stories never show in my Sub box but when I look at them they've been updated for a while, though it might just be because I'm me... when'd you become a MOD man, do I have to watch what I say around you now ;)

 

Chapter 20

 

Amber shifted from one foot to the other, nervous and restless to begin the first step of her plan. Soyeon would be stepping out from her routine check up in only minutes and she had to plan this all correctly so as not to look suspicious.

 

“I'll say it again Miss Park, you would do good if you got the surgery, the pain your feeling would-.”

 

“oh but sir, I've gotten quite used to the pain, with out it I'd feel strange.” Soyeon's tone was airy and whimsical, as though she weren't even talking about a tumor that was festering inside her head.

 

“Miss Park-”

 

“Are we almost done here sir, I'd like to get home before it gets to late.” Amber's heart thudded in her chest, any second now she'd be out that door and Amber wasn't sure if she was as confident as she was earlier. She began to convince her self that what ever she did wouldn't work, it would probably make things worse off then they already were... but the image of Seungho sitting there, spilling his heart about his worries for Soyeon kept Amber's feet firmly planted to the ground- She had to try, she had to make sure neither of those two got hurt.

 

“Ah, yes Miss Park, you may leave, I'll have Seohyun send your bill to your parents.” Soyeon's doctor said in defeat.

 

This was it! Amber scrambled backwards a few steps then began to walk back towards Soyeon's room, nearly colliding with her as she stepped out, “Ah sorry, I didn't- Soyeon, what're you doing here.” She was no actor but if Soyeon saw through Amber's charade she didn't mention it, instead she stood there as though she'd just seen a ghost, “Soyeon?”

 

“Eh, um, just here for a check up, I was feeling a little under the weather.” Soyeon gave a rather good performance, if Amber hadn't known all along why Soyeon had been there she probably would have believed her.

 

“Aw, I hope everything's good- I came here to have my doctor check out my ankle, it's been sore so I figured it's better to be safe then sorry.” She was beginning to relax, the lies were coming out easier and less rushed.

 

Soyeon stood there trying to pick apart Amber's mind- it was obvious she was lying but why? There was no way she'd come here to see her, no one knew about her frequent visits to the hospital, yet Amber's standing there lying up a storm. She let it go though, whether she had a reason for being there or not, it seemed like a good opportunity to try to woo the young girl into going for Seungho.

 

“I'm sorry to hear about your ankle, it was rotten enough that you got stuck on that island with just my Seungie to keep you company, but to add the fact that you got hurt as well- tragic really.” Soyeon smiled a mischievous air surrounding her that Amber didn't notice. Soyeon, striking up any opportunity that she can get, wrapped and arm around Amber's and began to walk with her down the hall, “I really think we've gotten off on the wrong foot, I judged you unfairly while you've been nothing but an angel towards Seungie and I- how about I make it up to you and buy us dinner.”

 

“Oh, I couldn't let you do that, I mean I really haven't been that nice...” But Amber had no choice for Soyeon flipped their roles in a matter of seconds- Amber was now the mouse while Soyeon was the cat, trying to out smart a cat was futile.

 

Moments later they stepped into the five star hotel that Amber couldn't help noticing was owned by one of the men Junsu and Grandmother had talked about during their dinner. Junsu had said the hotel chain “The Six to Five Inn” was owned by Jung Jihoon, a brilliant businessmen that inherited this whole chain by the age of thirty from his uncle- he really was someone to look out for.

 

“Some Champagne please.” Soyeon grinned towards the waiter who nodded nervously and shuffled off as quickly as he could.

 

“ah... we're to young to drink Soyeon.”

 

“No one will tell, this place is owned by a friend.” Soyeon grinned as she sat down and motioned with her eyes for Amber to do the same. Embarrassed and feeling out of place Amber had nothing that she could really think to do but do as she was told, sitting across from Soyeon in her skinnies and a shirt she'd swiped from Jjong just that morning while the other inhabitants in the “Six to five Inn” were dressed in flattering formal clothes.

 

“Should we really be here?”

 

“Of course, me and Seungho come here all the time, it's owned by his cousin after all.” Soyeon giggled at Amber's shocked face, “didn't think Seungho was that loaded did you? It's true, he doesn't act it, if I hadn't grown up with him I'd never guess that he was so rich.” Soyeon grinned and leaned forward, resting her elbows down on the table, “But enough of Seungie, tell me about your self Amber.”

 

It'd occurred to Amber just then that Soyeon had been using her name instead of petty insults, it set off several warning bells in her mind that she quickly tried to ignore, she'd be useless if she began to panic, “well... I'm a second year in high school, I'm from LA-”

 

“Everyone already knows that dear, tell me something new, something no one knows, we're friends after all.”

 

Friends? Were they friends? Amber ignored that fleeting thought and thought hard of something no one else knew- there wasn't much, Amber had always been an open book, there really weren't to many things she kept secret, “well...”

 

“now come on Amber, I promise not to tell.” Soyeon grinned and leaned closed, her eyes never leaving Amber.

 

“I don't really think there's anything about me that people don't already know.” Amber said and scratched the back of her head, still trying to think of something interesting to share.

 

“well then,” Soyeon paused, trying to understand how anyone could be open about everything? But then a thought came to her, “I think I know something that you don't want me to know.” she teased.

 

“huh?” She was surprised for a few moments before it occurred to her what Soyeon could possibly be talking about, and then it occurred to her that she didn't know how Soyeon would react to this news, “What do you mean.” she stammered out.

 

Soyeon smiled knowingly and began to tap her finger nails on the table top, “I have this sinking suspicion that you're crushing on someone- who ever could it be?” Soyeon's grin widened Amber's expression, “A someone who I know ever so well.”

 

“I-I don't-” Wait, she didn't know that Amber knew about her expiration date? It was a relief but still a but alarming.

 

Soyeon rolled her eyes and said flat out, “You're interested in Seungie, I can tell.” She waved her hand to stop Amber from protesting, “now now, no lying, I have a gift when it comes to these things- You like Yang Seungho so let's stop dancing around the subject and decide how we're going to go about getting you two together.”

 

“T-together?” this was probably the single oddest moment Amber had ever faced, “I don't, I don't think Seungho would be interested, I mean I'm me and he's into- he's probably into girls that aren't like me.” this wasn't the plan, that plan was to save Soyeon's life so Seungho and Soyeon could grow old together.

 

“He just doesn't know you well enough, I'm sure once you two get better acquainted he'll be falling over him self to get your attention.” Soyeon couldn't help feeling slightly giddy- Amber hadn't denied that she had feelings for Seungho, it was time for her to strike, “Out of all the girls I met, you seem to be the only one that I could ever stand being with my Seungie.”

 

“But... but why, I mean I'm nothing special...”

 

“You're beyond special!” Soyeon nearly shrieked, getting the attention from several people sitting near by. She collected her self and smiled gently, “I won't be here for very long... I'll be taking a trip and won't be seeing Seungho anymore after wards... I want him to be happy, to have someone there with him to hold him up when no one else will.”

 

for the first time since she met Soyeon, Amber could see the fear in Soyeon's eyes, and while she knew she could be over thinking it she had a feeling it wasn't for her self, that Soyeon's fears were for Seungho and not her approaching end. Reaching across the table, Amber squeezed Soyeon's hand and looked into the other girls dark eyes, “I can't make any promises unnie, but what ever's happening I'll try to help as best I can.”

 

Soyeon beamed, “Perfect! We must start right this second!” Soyeon exclaimed and abruptly stood, nearly knocking over the poor waiter who stood with a bottle of champagne that he let go out of surprise, “You really must before more careful.” Soyeon scolded while still smiling wide before pulling Amber to her feet, jumping over the shattered Champagne bottle and calling out, “Tell Jihoon I said hi!” and with that Amber lost hope of ever living a normal life, not when Park Soyeon was in her life.

 

-

 

“Have any of you guys seen Soyeon, she hasn't been answering her phone.” Seungho asked after he'd reached his friends who stood at Thunder's classroom entrance.

 

“we don't keep tabs on her.” Mir stated offhandedly.

 

“She's over there.” GO stated, an unamused look on his face as he was the first one to see Soyeon walking down the hall with none other then Amber Liu who looked as though she were wearing a different layer of skin. She had extensions, glossy sparkly make up and her uniform seemed to fit snugly against her thin form.

 

“who's that with her, she's pretty cute.” Mir commented.

 

“idiot, that's Jonghyun's niece.”

 

“seriously man?”

 

GO took a quick glance towards Joon who was shell shocked then towards Seungho, the boy he knew the girls were trying to impress, who stood there looking as though nothing was out of the ordinary, “Hey Soyeon, why haven't you been answering your phone.” GO couldn't help laughing at Soyeon's disappointed look.

 

“Phone's dead Seungie, I was just so distracted this morning.” Soyeon lied as she quickly replaced her displeased look then placed her hands on both of Amber's shoulders, “do you like? My Amber here has decided to give our friendship a chance so we'll be seeing her more often.”

 

“Oh yeah,” Seungho gave her a quick look, admiring it but not letting his eyes linger, “well good, more the merrier.” he gave a good natured smile then motioned towards their class room a few doors down, “we're going to be late though if we don't hurry up, come on Soyeon.”

 

Soyeon nearly screamed in annoyance- how the hell did you get guys to like someone else! But composed her expression and reasoned with her self that she'd get them together soon enough. She held out her arm and grinned up at Seungho, “of course Seungie, I wouldn't want to make us miss class- see you later Amber, let's have lunch together.”

 

“eh, of course unnie.” Amber coughed out, feeling awkward with so many people looking at her.

 

“ good~ come along boys.” Soyeon hummed as she dragged Joon away as he wouldn't have been able to, not with his lack of motorskills at the moment, then looked back at GO who stood along side Amber, “aren't you coming oppa~”

 

“I'll catch up.” GO said evenly, and motioned for them to leave.

 

“fine then, see you in class.” Seungho called, cutting Soyeon off from trying to convince GO to get away from her current project.

 

Once they were gone the last two stood their awkwardly before they too separated from the other two and went into their classes, once they were somewhat alone GO turned toward Amber with a raised eyebrow, “oh I'm planning to save Soyeon's life, I'd never take advantage of the situation!” he mocked in a low voice.

 

“It's not like that.”

 

“then what is it Liu, cause from the looks of it you're trying to attract attention from you know who.”

 

“I... she did this thing, I was going to try to convince her to get the you know what but she gave me this “I'd do anything for Seungho” speech and I was fooled... the next thing I noticed I was being painted all over by a million women and being told not to reach towards my face or I'll get a finger cut off and-”

 

“You're really not cut out for something like this.” GO sighed then chuckled, patting Amber on the shoulder, “You really are cute though, maybe when this is all over we could-”

 

“not gonna happen- anyways, I figured this was a good opportunity to get to know Soyeon, perhaps if we become close enough I can convince her.”

 

GO smiled, admiring her naivety, “You're never gonna convince that girl to do anything, no one tells Park Soyeon to do anything.”

 

“I figured... I gotta try though, I mean I can't just sit by while knowing something like this.” Amber beamed then back peddled towards her class in a clumsy manner, not used to the heals Soyeon had bought her, “Wish me luck.” she saluted.

 

GO chuckled, “Good luck Liu.” He grabbed her hand before she could enter class completely and kissed it, ignoring the looks from passing bystanders. His eyes met her confused ones and sighed out a, “You'll need it.” before straightening up and patting her head, “And really, if your plan works and Soyeon does the deed you'll be single again- I'll be calling.” he teased and dodged her jab.

 

“funny, don't be saying that infront of Jjong.” Amber grinned, waved good bye to GO then headed into class, trying to ignore the looks from some of her classmates who'd seen her and GO's exchange outside their class room. She went to her seat next to CL who looked amused, the catty girl looking over at Amber as though she were prime meat, “what you looking at?” Amber questioned feeling awkward while looking like this.

 

“Soyeon's new toy~ I'd figured the woulda had you transferring- this though,” CL chuckled, “She's gonna tear you apart Pigeon.”

 

She didn't want to ask CL what she'd meant, deep down she'd had a creeping feeling that all of this, getting excepted so quickly, was to good to be true, but another part of her didn't want to acknowledge it. She was entering into a world that her uncle had warned her about, a world that seemed glamorous at first but now seemed to be doused with inky lies and deceit- this wasn't to apart of them though, this wasn't to get to Seungho, this was to save Soyeon's life.

 

Or at least, that's what Amber kept saying to her self.