chapter fourteen

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Comments on comments

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- lol of course it's Donghae^^

L always seemed like the type who'd never make the first move, shameless flirting sure, but he'd never go much futher then that... so yes, forever alone^^

 

sleepylips- People tend to do things for their own reasons, weather it's because of things they've had happen to them in the past or because of the circumstances that are happening now, when it comes down to it we have to decide for our selves if we'll let what we find out about that person effect how we perceive them- could the fact that she's dying excuse her from making other's lives painful?

 

Mary517- it makes me sad as well but they weren't going to be in the last chapter and in this chapter anyways and I figured if I added that little bit of drama in I'd be able to add in that last scene (originally they went on the trip but got about a paragraph of an appearance, this is much better trust me^^)

no spoilers but this trip will effect their relationship (or lack there of) greatly^^

sorry for the long wait... I blame Netflix, work and very bad timed writers block-.-

 

final_call- that's what I'm guessing since Amber seems to be ending her tv appearances to work on their new Korean come back and Japanese debut^^

and Dongwoo knows Myungsoo like the back of his hand, of course he'd know his feelings^^

Myungber will be soon, I actually have a very huge scene in mind coming up so keep reading^^

and I was in a rush to fill out the request form and forgot him, fairly stupid on my part but we all know he's the biggest part on our story... I mean he's Dongwoo~^^ but yeah, might ask Mary to throw him in but I'm a wee bit to embarrassed to admit my mistake to her after she spent so much time on it^^

 

Chapter 14

 

He couldn't help noticing the odd behavior by Park Soyeon who seemed to be stalking his niece. It seemed like every time he ran into his little Amber she was somewhere close by, looking but not looking. She didn't seem to be doing it out of hostility, it seemed more like she was... it seemed like she was keeping an eye on Amber and Jonghyun just couldn't understand why.

 

That night at the island he couldn't find Park Soyeon anywhere, which lead him to believe that she'd changed focus on something else- that was his first mistake.

 

-

 

“So you having fun?” Amber jumped and looked over her shoulder at GO who held a drink out to her. He wore a strange look on his face, as though he were sizing her up which made Amber wonder if he might be mistaking her for someone a bit more... a bit more not her...

 

“I guess, I kinda had more fun when the sun was out though.” Amber said easily and took the drink he'd offered, “I'm not really into the party scene, even if it's chaperoned.”

 

“really, from what I heard you're pretty popular with the boys at our school, you'd think parties would be something you excelled at.” he stepped closer and leaned against the tree she'd made her current hiding spot.

 

“Ah... well I'm just one of the boys I guess... these kinda events though.” she didn't like the way he was looking at her, it made her feel as though he could see right through her clothes or even that she wasn't even wearing clothes (at this thought she quickly looked down at her self and instantly felt foolish for doing so).

 

“So how do you like Korea so far, do you miss LA?” GO changed the subject, feeling as if it were getting him no where then looked away, feeling as though that stare was just scaring her off as well.

 

“Of course I miss LA... I'm really started to like living here though... it's only been a couple of months but I already feel as though I'll never forget this place when I get older.” She smiled and took a sip of her drink, “I had a rough start, back then all I could think about was going back home... but now... now I kinda feel as though this place is like my home.”

 

GO peeked over at her, a feeling of guilt starting to creep up, “yeah?”

 

“yeah, it's kinda weird but even people I'd thought were bad at first don't seem so bad anymore... for the first time I'm not hoping for summer break to hurry up.”

 

GO chuckled, “you're lucky to still have a year... I'm getting shipped off across the country to study the second I graduate.”

 

“oh? It can't be to bad, I mean you seem like you make friends easily.”

 

what was he doing? Drugging this girl for crying out loud! He'd never give her a second look but as he talked to her he found him self getting in. if she were able to find any good in a play boy like him then she had to have the most genuinely pure heart on this Earth! Damn Soyeon, “Damn.”

 

“what was that?” Amber questioned, then leaned against the tree for support, “Ah, I'm kinda dizzy.” she laughed, “You didn't spike this did you?” she joked.

 

“of course not,” he lied, “come on, let's take a little walk, maybe it's the fire that's making you dizzy.” he flashed her his most convincing smile he had and lead her by the arm towards the forested area away from the others.

 

Amber gave a little laugh, “but I grew up in LA, we have bonfires all the time.”

 

“well, you've been living in the city for so long that you must of gotten used to being smoke free, now your lungs aren't used to it.” he stated though Amber could barely hear him over the strange drum beat playing in her ears. Her vision was becoming blurry and her walk was staggered.

 

“This better be worth it Soyeon.” GO's voice sounded angry and as though it was so far away even when he still stood next to Amber with his arm around her.

 

“oh GO Oppa~ when are my plans ever not worth it.” this was the last thing Amber heard before she past out.

 

-

 

“Hey, where's Amber?” Jonghyun wondered out loud as he peered around the beach.

 

“haven't seen her in a while.” Minho commented boredly as he stared up at the moon, “maybe she went of to find a tree to pee behind.”

 

“I saw her talking to GO a while ago, after that though...” Onew commented and looked around as well, “There's GO right there, maybe he knows where she went.”

 

Jonghyun stood from his spot next to his two friends and walked to GO who looked as though he were having a very heated argument with Soyeon, “erase it Soyeon, now!”

 

“I don't know what you're talking about GO oppa.” Soyeon smile faltered when she spotted Jonghyun closing the distance between them, “Off to talk to the trees Kim Jonghyun.”

 

“Stop playing Soyeon, where's my niece?” Jonghyun growled

 

“Who? Why Jonghyun, I didn't know you had a niece! You'll have to let us meet sometime.” Soyeon waved the boys off and strutted away.

 

Once she was gone, Jonghyun turned to GO and grabbed him by the collar, “Yah, Onew said he saw you talking to her last! Where is she?”

 

“Back off it man.” GO pushed Jonghyun away and glared, “we just talked, I didn't hurt her or anything.”

 

“I know your reputation GO, if you think you can just use my niece to satisfy your-”

 

“nothing happened, we talked, that's it.”

 

“Then where is she? You were the last person with her.” Jonghyun grabbed for GO collar once more only to be stopped by professor Kangin, “Professor he-”

 

“enough of that, the boat leaves in ten minutes, go get in line.”

 

“But-”

 

“and the head teacher said to give you this Byunghee, make sure you and Park Soyeon see each student gets on the boat.”

 

“Yes sir.”

 

“Wait, sir!”

 

“Get in line Kim Jonghyun.” it was the last thing Jonghyun heard before someone hit his head, forcing him to the ground. As he closed his eyes he spotted Soyeon holding her fist and saying incoherent words.

 

-

 

Amber woke up to the sound of an irritating cricket. She sat up from the forest floor and instantly regretted it, the food she'd eaten before passing out threatening to go back up. She rubbed her head until her world stopped spinning.

 

“hmm.” Amber's eyes shot open as she looked at the ground next to her- Yang Seungho lay only a few inches from her, “where am I?” he mumbled then one eye poked open and tiredly looked around before he shot up, “where am I?” he said with a bit more alarm that Amber couldn't help finding amusing, she squashed those ideas though when she too felt the alarm that they were in the middle of no where.

 

“I don't know, I just woke up too.” she sighed and pulled her legs to her chest, “do you have your cell phone with you, mine's back at the hotel.”

 

“yeah.” Seungho pulled his cell phone out and turned it on, “no bars and it's midnight- the boat's already gone.” he sighed and slid his phone back in his pocket.

 

“great... we should find the shore then, maybe they're searching for us, or even if they aren't when they do find out we're missing that'll be the best place to stay to get rescued.” she got to her still half asleep legs and held her hand out to him.

 

He stared at her hand for a moment before getting to his feet himself, “Good idea Liu.” he stated as he brushed the dirt from his button down shirt and baggy shorts, “... Any Idea where the shore is?” he asked after looking around.

 

Amber paused for a moment then looked up at the trees, “We could try climbing a tree, we might be able to see the whole island if we climb one of those tall ones.”

 

“Ok, worth a shot.” Seungho stretched a bit before deciding on a tree he felt would be tall enough while still climbable. He tried and tried but no matter how many times he attempted to jump to the lowest branch of any of the trees he found he couldn't reach even their lowest branches.

 

“boost me up, I'll climb it.” Amber offered as she walked over to him.

 

“You sure, they go pretty high...”

 

“I'm practically part squirrel, I'll be fine.”

 

“alright then, be careful Liu... I'm no good at first aid.” he brought his hands together and hoisted her up to the closest branch, letting out a sigh of relief when she was able to catch the branch, “Can you get up there?” he asked as he watched her steady her self.

 

“Uh huh, just give me a sec to get ahold of this thing better.” she huffed then when she felt as though her grip on the branch was sufficient she used the tree's trunk to walk up the side of it until she was able to get onto the branch.

 

“Good job, now you just have to do that a couple dozen more times before you reach the top.” he said dryly as he watched her stand shakily to her feet on her branch.

 

“yeah yeah, I'll get up there.” she said stubbornly and went to on climbing the tree. Not knowing what else to do, Yang Seungho sat back down and watched her slow rise into the tree. It took her a while nearly a half hour to reach near the top.

 

“What you see up their?”

 

“Lots of storm clouds, we might need to find some sort of shelter!” she called down as she clung to her branch for dear life, “the shore's that way but the tide's come in, it looks like the area we were in is already half way under water.

 

“.” Seungho cursed as he got to his feet and began to pace, “ Hurry and get down from their Liu, if there's a storm coming in that'll be the worst place to be!” he called, hoping that the wind he was feeling wouldn't pick up while she was up there.

 

“coming down!” Amber called and began to climb down to the banches below- going down seemed much easier then going up. She nearly made it three branches away from the ground when she made a miss step, her hold on the limb above her slipped and she found her self free falling, heading towards the ground quickly.

 

Seungho'd barely gotten there, using his own body for something for her to land on, “You all right?” he gasped as he held her up and looked her over- everything seemed alright.

 

“ah~ I mighta twisted my ankle a bit but I'm fine.” Amber stubbornly said as tried to get to her feet, hissing as pain shot through her leg, “, I musta hit it harder then I thought.” she gasped.

 

“Try not to move it Liu, it might be broken.” Seungho slid out from under her and looked around, wishing he had some kind of idea as to what to do then turned back to Amber, “Let me see your ankle.”

 

“what you gonna do to it?” Amber hesitated

 

“Just let me look at it, promise I'll try not to hurt it.” Amber hesitated before moving her right ankle into his view, “ok, this might hurt so just bare with me.” when she gave him a nod he gently unlaced her shoe strings, then with as much care as he could slipped her shoe off, saying a small, “sorry” when she let out a hiss of pain. He pulled off her sock and cursed- her ankle was already swelling, he didn't know how to tell if it were broken or not but he could tell already that walking on this would be a bad idea.

 

“pretty~” Amber sarcastically as she clutched her fists to her side.

 

“I don't know what to do...” he'd only felt this hopeless once in his life, and while this situation wasn't nearly as bad as before it was still bad- they were on an island, most likely alone, they had no fresh water, no food, Amber's ankle was messed up and the storm clouds were quickly rolling in.

 

“we need something we can wrap around my ankle to keep it from moving around, bandages of some kind...”

 

Seungho pause for a moment then pulled off his shirt, “we can rip this up in strips, I don't know if it'll hold up but we gotta try something.”