Chapter twenty-three

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Chapter twenty-three

 

Jonghyun grumbled lowly as he walked into the empty halls of Kwangju high. Amber had neglected to wake him up so he was late, about a class and a half through the day even... She'd been acting weird the past few days, barely home and always seemed to be nervous around him, that or depressed. He'd blamed it on the fact that she was living so far from home, his mom had made it pretty clear to Amber that she wasn't going to let her go to America for Summer break, which seemed highly unreasonable to Jonghyun.

 

“You look terrible.” CL stated as she raised her eyebrow towards Jonghyun who'd passed her as she leaned against a wall in the hallway, most likely ditching class for the hell of it.

 

“I feel terrible, you see my niece this morning, she didn't wake me up today.” He didn't really know why he was talking to his ex.

 

“yep, she was practically face with a Mr. Yang Seungho this morning, a rather disgusting site really.”

 

“huh?” she better as hell be joking around, there was no way his little niece would su-kiss anyone in such a public place let alone the guy he hated the most.

 

“She's been all over him today, apparently they decided to start dating, really it was a big surprise to me to, I'd figured Amber had better taste then that.” CL waved her hand, “But enough about her, what about you? How do you feel knowing that your little niece might possibly at this very moment be considering becoming Mrs. Yang Seungho? Freaky huh, there'll be little Seungbers running around soon enough yelling for GREAT UNCLE JJONG!” no matter of teasing and biting her comments, Jonghyun for some reason couldn't translate it as anything vicious towards him, she seemed genuinely angry at the idea of Seungho and Amber being together... it was strange, and he'd probably think more of it if it didn't involve Amber but at the moment all he wanted to do was punch a wall or something.

 

Jonghyun let out an annoyed growl and said in an even voice, “thanks for the image CL, I gotta go have a talk with Yang Seungho.” and with that he marched towards Seungho's classroom and threw open the door, startling the teacher and the rest of the class, “Jonghyun, you should be-”

 

“Yang Seungho, get your out here and prepare to die.” Jonghyun ordered, glaring towards the boy who glared right back.

 

“I can't condone this kind of behaviour, now you march over to-”

 

“Yah! If you want a fight you got it Kim Jonghyun!” Seungho stated and got out of his seat.

 

“Now then!” both boys headed out with the rest of the class fallowing just behind, chanting “fight” and both of the boys names. Soon enough other classes soon fallowed, it was the long awaited battle of the century after all, and fallowed them to the back of the school.

 

“What the is this that I hear you're DATING my niece?” Jonghyun threw the first punch that was blocked quickly by Seungho.

 

“It's true, what's it to you, it's not like Amber isn't old enough to choose who she wants to be with.” Seungho jabbed Jonghyun in the stomach and nearly toppled over then Jjong went for his knees.

 

“It shouldn't matter you bastard, you should know better then to go after family, I don't want you anywhere near my family!”

 

“well guess what, I asked Amber and she said yes, I didn't force her into anything so you're just gonna have to get over your self.”

 

“You ing bastard!” Jonghyun tackled Seungho to the ground and the two hit and growled at each other like wild animals, all the while the crowd was going just as wild, those who were on either boys side chanted their names like a war song and made Amber's attempts to get through the crowd terrible as they were packed so close together.

 

“What's going on here? stop it!” Amber yelled out and pulled her uncle off of her current boyfriend and even held him back which wasn't an easy feat at all as Jonghyun wasn't a weakling at all, “Stop it, do you want to to suspended this close to graduation.” in an attempt to get her uncle to calm down she jabbed her elbow into his ribs and tried to trip him with her own legs, only to topple to the ground.

 

“enough!” GO called as he pulled him self from the crowd and quickly went to Amber who now had a skinned knee and bloodied hands, “Can't you two settle your petty differences some other way.” Lee joon also came out along with the other friends who quickly went to either side to try to talk both boys down from their feral state of mind, “You ok there Amber?”

 

“just a few scratches, my fault for trying to break up two fighting dogs.” Amber grumbled as she got to her feat then hissed, “Damn, need to stop using my ankle in terrible ways.”

 

“Are you alright?” both her uncle and boyfriend asked then shrunk back when Amber glared at both.

 

“Here, let me take you to the nurses office.” GO stated and pulled Amber's arm around his shoulder. They barely hobbled out of there when they heard the vice principal call the students into order, “Lazy bastard couldn't have shown up two minutes ago.” he mumble to Amber as he snuck her away, not wanting her to get caught in the middle of this. They made it to the empty nurses office where GO helped her down onto one of the beds and went to the cabinets where he got peroxide, some cotton balls and a couple of band-aids then sat down next to Amber and smiled, “So, dating Yang Seungho huh~”

 

“Can we please not talk about it, it's really kind of a terrible idea in the first place.” Amber sighed and watched as GO gentley dabbed peroxide onto her skinned knee. It didn't hurt to much, bring an athlete you had to get used to getting hurt, but by the way GO held her calf in his hands and the way he concentrated on it it made her blush, though she didn't quite know why. When he reached for her hand she felt warmth radiate through her body and felt rather excited with the extra attention he gave her... then she reminded her self that he had history of being a play boy and all warm nonefriendship thoughts went away, “Do you do this often, you seem like you know what you're doing...” Amber asked as he got up and grabbed an ice pack from the freezer before grabbing her leg and elevating it and placing the pack atop her ankle and holding it there.

 

“Mom's a nurse, dad's a doctor- dad was also a player who liked getting with his nurses which resulted in me.” GO chuckled and began to unlace Amber's shoe before pulling it off then the sock, letting out a little hiss when he saw the redness around the ankle, “And this is why you don't try to take down your juiced up uncle with the ankle that has just healed.” he teased.

 

“I wasn't thinking... why do they hate each other so much anyways, what happened?”

 

GO paused, considering if he should tell her, then nodded, “They've none each other for a long time, if anything they probably could have been friends but their parents hate each other so from an early age they've always had a rivalry- who could get the best grades, who could have the most friends, who could get the most girls... though Seungho lost out on the last one, he's clueless when it comes to girls.” GO chuckled then shook his head, “Seungho's dad and your grandpa have had rival companies since for ever, before they were even born and when they saw that their kids would be class mates they really forced the rivalry on those two- you have to be better then that boy- as a way to get them prepared for later in life when they'd be rivals in the business world.”

 

“they never really say anything bad about each other, could it be that they don't really hate each other, they're just like this because of their fathers?”

 

“yes and no,” Amber raised an eyebrow, “I think that they've believed for so long that the other person is the spawn of the devil that they've convinced them selves that the other should be hated, but neither can really find a reason to dislike one another outside of business so generally they stay pretty neutral around each other...”

 

“And then I come along and it's pretty much a nuclear war.”

 

“Exactly! I can't believe I ever thought you'd be just another idiot!”

 

“Funny GO, this is serious though, how can I fix this?”

 

“You can't- unless you stop dating Seungho or denounce your family I don't see anything happening miss Juliet.” GO chuckled and rubbed her calf, “Just ditch Seungho and go for me, you'd have so much more fun and Jjong doesn't hate me nearly as much as he hates Seungho.”

 

“The thing is though, I never had any intention of dating him in the first place, this is all for Soyeon...”

 

“And that's where your problem lies- you're doing what Soyeon asked you to do instead of understanding what Soyeon needs you to do.”

 

“huh?”

 

GO sighed and shook his head, “One of the biggest flaws we humans have is that we WANT a lot of things, but for the most part we never ask for the the things we NEED- Soyeon might want you to be with Seungho but it's not what she needs, she needs someone who'll get it through her thick skull that she should get this operation.” He smiled and stood up before climbing up ontop of Amber who looked up at him with indifference, “then we can run off happily into the sunset.” he grinned cheekily.

 

“Funny oppa~” Amber chuckled and placed a hand on his chest, “but oppa, then you'd have to leave your player ways behind, I won't condone you cheating on me.” she teased.

 

“hmm~ who knows, I might be able to pull it off.” he purred and leaned closer, making the atmosphere less playful then before. They stared at one another for a moment, wondering what might happen if the other leaned in closer then jumped away when they heard loud talking heading their way.

 

“And you- Amber, are you alright, I'm so sorry.” Jonghyun went to Amber, ignoring GO who stood by.

 

“I'm fine, just a few scratches, really you guys over react over everything.” Amber smiled as though her moment under GO had never happened, or the fight between Jonghyun and Seungho of course... No, it was best she tried to ignore it, she wasn't doing this because she wanted to be with Seungho (and really, as time went on that statement was feeling more and more true) she was doing all of this because she needed to save Soyeon's life, she could worry about romance and actual boyfriends later when things cooled down.

 

“Your ankle, it looks hurt.” Seungho stated as he too went over and examined it.

 

“Doctor GO over there is taking good care of it, from what I can see of it it's just a little bruised up, nothing hospital worthy.”

 

“Still though...”

 

“I'll be fine,” Amber smiled, actually relieved to see the vice principal come into the room.

 

“You two, we're not done talking.” he growled and waved for them to fallow. Once they were gone it was silent once more, neither GO or Amber wanted to talk about what had happened earlier, instead the boy sat down silently and smiled at her before pulling her other foot in his hand and relieving it of it confines and proceeded to massage it.

 

 

(AN- , two chapter in one night, something's up! Ironically enough I am sick so...yeah.

 

Why us GO so addictive to write, seriously, I'm so tempted just have Amber run of with him right about now -.- but then I get to thinking that I do really want this to end up as Myungber -.- might possibly consider doing a GOBer fic though, they'd just be such an interesting match and GO's just so y and in not just a player way but an actually nice guy way^^ he really is someone I'd wanna meet (along with the rest of MBLAQ of course)

 

oh and I've been thinking of doing a comic, which is totally not related to AFF but I felt like sharing anyways^^

 

lol thanks for the comments, reads and subs, I love you guys^^)