chapter sixteen

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Comments on comments

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- Amber and her harem^^ she's a regular pimp in my stories.

 

Mary517- I usually go on facebook so people can't see what I'm doing... it's usually not because I'm reading or writing anything bad, I just hate having people read over my shoulder...

(slight off topic rant) Key's role has been so under developed, I had wanted his role around Amber to have been established chapters ago but I guess I just need to be patient, I don't wanna make his appearances forced...

Myungber soon!!^^ I have the scene written out already, it's pretty wonderful, at least it is to me so hopefully when it arrives you will think so too^^

I'm jelly of Burry too, I wanna be warmed by Dongwan^^

and stop making fun of me^^lol but really, I actually didn't even notice since 'fallow' is actually a word so it didn't come up on spell check... damn spell check...

 

Chapter sixteen

 

School started back up with out a hitch. Amber smiled slightly to her self as she looked out the window at all the life- spring! Spring was making the earth more beautiful by the day. She'd been in that little giddy daze all morning that she hadn't even noticed the stares she was getting or the irritated expression from CL who wondered why she was so happy this early in the morning.

 

“Hey Amber~”

 

Amber looked over and smiled up at Dongjun who grinned back, “Hey Jun~ how's it going?”

 

“just wondering if you wanna do something after school.” She was confused as to why his friends were grinning towards one another, maybe they wanted to join in on the game?

 

“Can't, doctor wants to check my ankle out today.” Amber said with out hesitating, not noticing the atmosphere around her at all. She pointed towards her ankle then her crutches, “He told me not to put to much pressure on it for a whole week, I'm gonna be so bored.”

 

One of Dongjun's friends chuckled.

 

“Ah, not what I meant, I was thinking we could just... you know, get something to eat or something.”

 

“sure, I like food.”

 

“ok, I'll take you to your appointment then we can get something to eat then.” and with that, Dongjun winked then walked with his friends out of Amber's classroom.

 

“working fast now aren't you?” Cl raised an eyebrow.

 

“huh?”

 

“You play Survivor with Seungho and now your going out to 'eat' with Dongjun.” CL sat up in her seat and leaned back so her front chair legs were inches from the ground, “I'm starting to get why all your friends are guys, LA girls really know how to have fun.”

 

“what do you mean.” what ever CL was insinuating it couldn't be good... there was an sharpness to her tongue and she looked amused, there for amusement for CL could never equal anything good for Amber.

 

“It's all over school how you slept with Seungho, I mean why else do you think Dongwoo and Myungsoo aren't talking to you?” It occurred to Amber that she was right- Dongwoo and Myungsoo hadn't said a word to her today... but really, they couldn't believe she'd do something like that with a complete stranger... could they?

 

She peered over Sandeul's shoulder up at her two friends and noticed them sitting silently in the front seat, neither speaking which was very off for them, “I didn't sleep with Seungho though, I barely know the guy...” she looked around at her classmates for the first time that morning and noticed a few who'd never given her the light of day peeking over, some even visibly looking towards her.

 

“right, so you two just happened to get lost on the island and spent five hours doing... what? Playing checkers? Please, even you have to admit that that is a bit of a stretch.”

 

God, she was right! She hadn't thought of what it would look to others, they were two teens who got stuck on an island with no supervision for five hours... She'd never cared much about her reputation but this was different, She didn't want people to think she was easy... wait, “wait, so Dongjun thinks I'm gonna... oh .”

 

“brilliant word choice.” CL chuckled then shifted to look up front when Mr Kim walked into the room.

 

Amber sighed, slid down in her seat and wished the world would stop looking at her.

 

-

 

“Oh come on Seungie, it was funny.” Soyeon grinned over at Seungho who just glared back at her. She drugged him, she drugged Amber, and now she thinks that she can just get away with it. Sure he wasn't going to tell any of the teachers or anything, he wasn't going to just shrug it off though- this kind of thing was crossing the line.

 

“Soyeon, Amber got hurt, she might not have been able to play sports if she wasn't so smart.” Seungho rubbed his temple, his anger reaching a boil.

 

“it was just a little sprain and it's not like I told her to climb a tree.”

 

“we were in the middle of the forest, were we supposed to just wander around aimlessly.”

 

“You could have just stayed put, that's totally kindergarten 101 Seungie.”

 

“Soyeon...” Seungho closed his eyes and shook his head, “I don't like this game Soyeon, not when it involves someone else.”

 

“Hey Seungho, good job.” one of the boys, Wooyoung called as he walked into the class, his friends cheering as well.

 

Seungho rolled his eyes, “Yah, don't talk about her that way.” Surprising, it hadn't been him but GO who said that, he sat in his usual seat glaring daggers at Wooyoung.

 

“what way, I didn't even mention little Jonghyun's Niece.” Wooyoung grinned.

 

“Yah!” Joon stood up, making his chair squeak and nearly knocking over his and GO's desk, “You wanna die!”

 

“You wanna try?” Wooyoung grinned and spread his arms open, “what is this, did Jonghyun's of a Niece decide to all of you, She really is related to Jonghyun!”

 

“That's it!” Joon launched him self at Wooyoung only to be stopped by professor Kangin's meaty arms.

 

“What's going on here?” Kangin looked towards the two groups, daring them to try anything infront of him.

 

“Nothing sir.” Wooyoung glared over at Joon who glared back.

 

“Joon?”

 

“Nothing sir.” Joon shooting Wooyoung one final look before going back to his seat.

 

“that's what I thought! Now, we need to talk graduation, it's just around the corner and we wouldn't want any of you to get held back now would we?”

 

-

 

“So~ you listening to the gossip vine now?” Amber asked as she brought her chair up to Dongwoo and Myungsoo's seats.

 

“It's not me, it's totally Myungsoo! mr. I can't stand the idea of Amber looking at anyone! Really, it's pretty pathetic.” Dongwoo grinned over at Amber, motioning towards Myungsoo's empty seat, “Poor baby came to school today expecting a fun enjoyable day of hanging with you, then the second he enters the halls he hears this! He was devastated.”

 

“And do you believe these rumors Honey?” Amber raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“Doesn't sound like something you'd do, I mean if you were really~ easy you'd have jumped my bones ages ago.” Dongwoo grinned then his face became serious, “You were on that island alone with him for five hours, what'd you do and how did you even get in this situation?”

 

Amber sighed, “You want the excuse I gave the teachers and the police or the real reason?”

 

“You know me, you can tell me anything.” Dongwoo said seriously and patted the top of Amber's head.

 

Amber looked around at the nearly empty room then nodded, “You can't tell anyone though, not even Myungsoo.”

 

“not a word will be spoken my dear.”

 

Amber grinned, “thanks honey~” She told him everything, from the weird way GO was acting, to the drugging, Soyeon's voice, waking up with Seungho, what she talked with Seungho about, the only thing she left out was that strange feeling she had when she talked to Seungho- she didn't need to, Dongwoo knew.

 

“I knew Soyeon was crazy but to do something like that... damn...”

 

“I said the same thing, and this whole trying to get me and Seungho together... what's with that?” Amber shook her head, Soyeon had to be on something, “Now everyone thinks I'm easy and I stupidly lead Dongjun to believe that I'd be adding him as another metaphorical notch on my nonexistent bed post and-”

 

“I get it, I get it, can't you just tell the guy you're not interested in that, just explain to him that you're a .” Dongwoo grinned, Amber was so adorable when she was freaked out.

 

“He's sorta my friend though, I don't wanna offend him...”

 

“so what, you're gonna make him that first notch to save his ego- brilliant Dear~” Dongwoo chuckled and held her hand in his, lightly rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand.

 

“no... but still, it's just so embarrassing.” Amber pouted and leaned her head on Dongwoo's shoulder, “I don't want people to think I'm a ... God, Jonghyun's gonna have a heart attack!” Amber hobbled to her feat and bounced on one foot to her crutches on the wall next to her.

 

“Lunch is almost over Amber dear.”

 

Amber looked up at the clock and cursed, “I'm screwed.”

 

-

 

“So, where you wanna go?” Dongjun asked as he walked casually next to Amber, his hands in his pockets and his eyes looking everywhere but at her.

 

“um... don't know... how about McD's, it's pretty cheap.” she cringed at the word cheap, she'd said it with out thought... he was probably thinking she'd be an even easier score now, even know to ask for an expensive dinner on a date... God, this was a date, wasn't it? Her first date in three years and it because the boy thinks she's gonna spread her legs...

 

“Come on, I'm paying, don't worry about cost.” Dongjun grinned over at her, making her want to shrink back in embarrassment.

 

“I've been here for a while but I really don't know the names of any places that are good, I tend to just eat where ever the people I'm with wanna eat.” God, she felt if she said anything it'd insinuate that she was some kind of ... no matter how innocently she said it.

 

“My family has a restaurant, it's pretty good.” Dongjun gave her a smile, a smile that made her not feel as though he were trying to rip her clothes off. She relaxed slightly, he was going to take her to a family owned restaurant to hang out and eat, that was it... she thought this until she felt his arm on her lower back, “those crutches look painful.” he said when she jumped.

 

“oh, um, yeah, they kinda hurt my pits.” Amber smiled nervously and placed her arm around his shoulder after she'd put both her crutches under her other arm, “Where to?”

 

He lead her down the streets, he moved fast but not to fast for Amber, something she was thankful for since she was only really using one foot. After a couple of minutes they entered a street full of street vendors and other restaurants, it being one of the more popular food streets of their town. As they walked down the street he waved and greeted any and all of the people he walked by, his fmaily must have been located there for quite sometime since everyone seemed to know him. When he stopped infront of an open door he turned to Amber and beamed, “be prepared to eat some of the best food you've ever had Amber.” he grinned and pulled her in.

 

“Dongjun, you're late, where have you- oh, hello?” a women in her late forties came out from the back drying a plate with a towel and smiled politely, “Is this her?” the woman said excitedly to Dongjun.

 

“Ma~” Dongjun warned, a smile threatening to creep up on his face.

 

“Why not take her to the back, I'll be back to take your order in a minute.” Dongjun's mother grinned at her son then beamed over at Amber, “You really are as adorable as Junnie said-”

 

“Let's go~” Dongjun pulled Amber along before his mom could say anymore and lead her through the kitchen, waving towards an old couple and a young woman before pushing through another door where a living area was.

 

“I'm adorable huh?” Amber couldn't help teasing.

 

“I did not say that, I swear.” Dongjun helped her sit down onto a couch then sat down next to her.

 

“So I'm not.” She couldn't help feeling slightly disappointed, not that she wanted Dongjun to think she was cute, but for really any guy to.

 

“No, no, you are I just... ah, Junyoung hyung and the rest of the guys were just messing around, I'd never tell my mom about the girls I like.” Dongjun couldn't hide the awkward grin that pulled at the corners of his lips or the redness that was slowly spreading across his cheeks.

 

“Are you blushing Junnie~?”

 

“Stop teasing, I won't buy you food if you keep it up.” he teased as well then leaned down, taking Amber's injured leg in hand making the young girl freeze, “You should keep your leg elevated.” he said simply and placed a pillow on the coffee table in front of them before placing her leg down on it.

 

“...thanks.” after a long moment of them staring off in opposite directions Amber finally asked, “so, the weather's been nice...”

 

“I think you're pretty cute Amber, I can't help it.” Dongjun peeked over at her, not trusting him self to face her full on.

 

“Oh...” God, was he seriously going to try this at his house where his family could walk in on them at any moment... not that she'd let it get that far, there was no way she was getting her cherry popped on a couch with ceramic Cherubs over looking them, it'd just be to awkward, not to mention the fact that she would probably never be ready to do it with him...

 

“It's weird huh... I have a lot of girls that confess but none of them... they all look the same now that I've met you.” Dongjun chuckled then turned to face her, “would you ever... you know, consider-”

 

“I can't sleep with you!” She choked out, feeling embarrassed about everything at the moment, “I just, I know everyone's saying I'm this big easy but I'm really not, I've barely even been kissed and-”

 

“wait wait, ? Who's calling you a ?” Dongjun spoke up, anger bubbly up inside of him.

 

“well, everyone, I mean isn't that why you asked me to go on a date with you?”

 

“no.”

 

for a stunned moment they both sat there, sat there and just stared at one another before busting out laughing, “God, I'm sorry Jun, I guess I should have trusted you not to dip into the Kwangju gossip pool, I mean all you do is eat and sleep sports.”

 

“You know it, is that why you keep getting tense when I touch you, I was starting to get worried that I was grossing you out.”

 

“I thought you were leading me off to me or something.”

 

they settled down, their laughter coming out in little hiccups now until Dongjun's expression became somber, “so, why're people calling you a .” she could tell by the stiffness of his shoulders that he didn't like it.

 

“didn't you go on the spring trip?”

 

“no, my family doesn't have enough to send me to college so if I wanna go I need to get a scholarship, a couple of recruiters come by every once and a while and one of them happened to choose the weekend of our trip- what happened?”

 

“I got... I got stranded on the island with Seungho, I tripped on a tree root after I'd gone to find a place to pee and he heard me calling. We missed the boat and ended up spending a couple hours alone together but we didn't do anything and he didn't try anything.” She half lied she couldn't tell him about Soyeon's odd plan.

 

“Seungho... the bastard that yelled at you?” the stiffness didn't go away.

 

“He... he's not that bad actually, he helped me a lot that night, I probably would have hurt my leg even more if he hadn't been there and he even apologized for yelling at me.”

 

“A month after doing it.” Dongjun grumbled. He could see it then, the slightly wistful look in her eyes as she talked, it was the same expression his sister got when she talked about her fiance. It stung, he'd secretly been interested in her since she'd gotten to school, she was someone that looked as though she'd be easy to talk to and when she played she played hard, she look so strong yet so incredibly... so incredibly beautiful.

 

He put those thoughts away though, Seungho obviously was playing main male lead in this drama, “You like him don't you?”

 

“huh, what're you talking about.” Amber choked. Like Seungho? She barely knew the guy, he was Jonghyun's friend's friend, Jonghyun's rival apparently and Soyeon's body gaurd... it was such an odd thought but- no, those kinds of relationships had always seemed stupid to her, if she were ever to get a boyfriend it would have to be a drama free romance, “of course not, I barely know him.”

 

Dongjun raised an eye brow, “liar.”

 

“Am not... we barely talk, Jjong hates him and he doesn't even notice me, why would I like him?”

 

“You can't help who you're attracted to, I mean I'm into you but you seem to already be taken.”

 

“Taken?”

 

“You're into Seungho.”

 

“Am not.”

 

“Now you're just being stubborn.” Dongjun laughed then leaned his shoulder on the back of his couch, a smirk stretching across his lips, “Just admit it, you're into that guy- he makes you smile uncontrollable, you find your self thinking of him when you shouldn't, makes you blush?”

 

He had the smiling part down but... but no, Amber wasn't the type to swoon over a guy who she could never get together with, there just wasn't a way, “You're insane Junnie, I'm not crushing on anyone currently.” She said stubbornly and crossed her arm over her chest.

 

His teeth began to show as his grin grew, “prove it then, if you're not attached to him kiss me then.”

 

Amber froze, feeling her face grow warm, “Yah! are you doing all this just to get me to kiss you?” She almost hoped that it was true, it would mean that if she really did have any feelings for Seungho then it wasn't noticeable... at least to people like Dongjun...

 

Dongjun chuckled and leaned to Amber ear, feeling a tingle up his spine as he leaned mere inches from her, smelling her lavender scented shampoo, “Is it working?” he sat back and felt good to see her sitting there in shock, “Joking Amber, I'm only teasing.” he lied, feeling as though he'd be getting no where if he kept up this conversation, “I like you but I want you to want to kiss me-” he was cut off by her awkward little peck on the check, it was quick, not even a trace of wetness left over, but it made her look so cute as she sat there looking around the room so nervously.

 

“I... I... I'm not into Seungho ok.” her eyes went wide and her breath caught as he leaned in and pressed his lips against hers. His lips were soft, She didn't quite know what to compare the kiss to other then to pressing your lips against a wet eraser, something she wondered how she knew the feeling of. When he pulled away he didn't look like he had before, there was a strange edge to him now.

 

“Sorry Amber,” he smiled, “Couldn't help my self.” He chuckled then patted her on the head, “You can't blame me can you, if you'd seen how adorable you looked you would have kissed you too... it made you see right?”

 

“S-See what?

 

“You're interested in Seungho.”

 

“How would... how do you know I didn't like that, huh, can you read minds or something?” she grumbled stubbornly.

 

“no, I can just read body language, you look giddy when you talk about Seungho but are turned off when someone like me kisses you- You might think you can think your way out of attraction but when you're attracted you're attracted... I mean there's an exception to the rule of course, he might turn out being someone he's not but when it comes down to it, you liked the guy you saw on the island.”

 

Amber looked away, feeling a strange feeling, as though one of her biggest secrets had been found out even though she hadn't even known she was keeping her feelings for Seungho a secret... her feelings for Seungho? Feelings? How can you have feelings after five hours together? Hell, technically she hadn't even been awake for half of that time so possibly it'd been only maybe two hours tops... not nearly enough time to develop anything but mild fondness... right?

 

“If it makes you feel better, he really isn't that bad... just, you know, whipped by Soyeon, I mean she's got a terribly short leash on that guy.”

 

God he was right... she had a... a thing for Seungho, Soyeon's lap dog and Jonghyun's least favorite person... She was such an idiot yet the revelation made something bubble inside her... a giddiness she'd tried to keep hidden. She looked into Dongjun's eyes and sighed out a, “please don't... you can't tell anyone.” she pleaded.

 

Dongjun paused before smiling, pulling her hand to his lips and kissing it, “Of course not, I think you should tell him but I promise I won't tell a soul- we cool Amber?”

 

Amber nodded, “We're cool... you tell anyone though-”

 

“I won't, not a soul, I like to think of you as a friend and I take that kind of thing seriously.” he smiled and kissed her hand once more before dropping it, not wanting her to be weirded out even though his hormones were screaming for him to kiss her, to do something.

 

Amber leaned in and kissed him, “Thanks...” She blushed then pulled away, kissing was becoming not nearly as awkward now, though still a bit, “so... did your mom forget about us, you still owe me some food.” she joked awkwardly.

 

“I'll go see what's keeping her.”

 

(sorry for the long wait, I took a vacation to a state over and had wanted to get this out before but sort of got side tracked... bad Emi... anyways, I'm tired tired so sorry, I don't fee like reading it over and this puppies over due anyways.)