Chapter ten

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Comments on comments~

 

Mary517- Dongwan for the win^^ lol, will have to change 'Couch' soon (I wrote it right this chapter though^^... probably)

Seungho is... confused right now, promise he'll change^^ (He's my second fave in MBLAQ, of course I can't keep his character so hate-able^^)

the other tree MBLAQ member's are going to be fun for me to write^^

And really, I'm like a genie right now, I present you chapter ten^^

 

YuuYuu- I really wish he'd go on more variety shows, he's so hilarious that I can't help being addicted to him^^ I still can't believe how beautiful Shinhwa still is, it's hard to believe that they're in their thirties^^

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- He's confused... very very confused^^ but yes, I reacted this way to and I'm the one who wrote it...

Love me some Lee Joon and Minho^^

 

blindstar- I'm glad I'm considered interesting^^

We can only hope that people choose to see deeper then what they see^^

Thunder'll be arriving soon, MBLAQ's one of the main groups and I can't leave my Thunder out^^

 

Chapter ten

 

Amber stood with the rest of the other applicants infront of the bulletin board, she had a feeling she hadn't made it since her competition had been so good, but she still had fun- she'd even made a few friends!

 

“How much time?” Chansung questioned as he looked around the nearly empty hall. It was Monday morning, a good half hour before people normally arrived- the applicants had formed their own little group, the try outs had been a tough experience and the bond they formed while running in that fairly cold weather and sweating and bleeding, it was almost as if they knew each other better then anyone else.

 

“two minutes until six.” Nichkhun yawned leaned his head on Chansung's shoulder.

 

“Let's make a bet, I bet ten on Minho.” Amber commented and reached in her bag for her wallet.

 

“now Amber, Dongjun worked hard as well.” Minho said, “we all did, I'm sure they had the hardest decision of their lives.”

 

“Even our Amber held her own, I wouldn't be surprised if they just replaced the current team with us, we'd kill as a team.” Dongjun grinned and placed his arm around Amber, “I heard they took three hours last night to negotiate as to who go the spot.”

 

“three hours? Who can argue about a high school soccer team for three hours?”

 

“apparently Kwangju's soccer team, I don't think they've had so many good athletes try out before.”

 

“yah, there he is!” Taemin said over their conversation and pointed towards Kim Dongwan who had Seungho fallowing behind him like a shadow, “looks happy, wonder what happened...”

 

“When does he ever look unhappy?” Amber questioned, having never seen the older man frown before.

 

“right around graduation season, he doesn't like watching students leave...” Minho said to her in his low masculine voice that sent shivers down most girl's (and on occasion male) spines, Amber was no different.

 

“glad you're all here early!” Dongwan grinned then pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket, “in my hand if a sheet of paper the owner of the coveted open spot will need to fill out to get his uniform, anyone wanna make a guess on who made it?” when the crowd was silent he chuckled, “it really was a difficult decision to make, if I could I would take you all, but rules state only a certain number can be on a team so... drum roll Seungho (Seungho raised an eyebrow) ok~, Choi Minho, step right up.”

 

the group clapped even when each of them had had a hope that they would be the one, it was ok though since Choi Minho was such a good guy, none of them could blame coach for choosing someone like him. Each congratulated him while he modestly told them they each deserved it as much as him and as the group started leaving Dongwan called to Amber, “Hey Liu, can I talk to you for a second?”

 

Amber paused before looking at the others who looked back at her, each curious as to what the coach wanted to tell her, “sure.” she piped up and fallowed the man and Seungho into the office away from the group of rowdy boys who wanted to listen in.

 

“we've been discussing it for a while, you did really well on the try outs.” Dongwan stated after the three sat in a quiet office.

 

“thank you very much... is something wrong though?” Amber asked as she looked around the office. No matter how much she tried to reason with her self not to get her hopes up, she couldn't help the bubble of excitement that was slowly making it's way up her spine.

 

“it was really hard to pick just one of you guys, really if I could I would've kept all of you... but...”

 

“I know, Minho's just, you know, incredible...”

 

“that's part of it... another part is that you're a girl.” Seungho spoke up.

 

“Seungho! Her being a girl had nothing to do with how I decided.” Dongwan shot his team captain a confused look, “It's not against the rules, why would it matter especially with what she showed us last Saturday...”

 

“no guy's going to want to be the one who makes a girl cry, it's a lose lose situation no matter how you look at it- either they'd get ragged on because a girl beat them or get ragged on because they beat a girl, do you really think anyone will take us seriously with that over our heads.” Seungho said in a icy certainty that made both Dongwan and Amber look onto the young leader in silence, “I'm sorry if you two were in your own litter world under the impression that everyone would understand that Amber is talented, but when it comes down to it boys and girls are different, in our society girls will always be considered weaker and more fragile then boys and when a girl comes out able to beat a boy she will always be looked down upon- that is out society.”

 

Anger replaced excitement as Amber sat up in her seat, “Well society is stubborn and stupid, I can run faster and work harder then half the boys on your team yet I'm not allowed to play because I was born a girl? That's just... what is this? Should I start wearing an apron and focus all my time and energy trying to please my husband? Should I start turning my self into a barbie doll because that's what the stupid world wants?” She stood from her seat and pointed towards Seungho, “I'm not afraid to be my self unlike you cowards who hide behind the norm that society dictates we fallow, unlike you I LIKE who I am and I'm not going to give up just because a couple of cave men like you seem to believe that women should stay in the kitchen- GET YOUR OWN ING SANDWICH!” she growled and turned to leave, stomping to the door and finding the other applicants along with her uncle, her friends and Lee Joon standing there, all of them in a silent shock as they stood infront of the door.

 

“Amber...” Myungsoo was the first to speak, he could see in her eyes that she was upset and by the sound of the conversation he, along with the rest of the crowd, had an idea of what it was about.

 

“Excuse me, I gotta go contemplate my place in this world.” Amber scoffed and pushed through the group.

 

“Amber!” Myungsoo and Dongwoo hurried after her, leaving the rest to keep their spot infront of the door.

 

Jonghyun stood there, glaring at Seungho who glared back, “Outside, now.” he challenged.

 

“As you wish.” Seungho stood up and held out his arms, “Any time Jonghyun!”

 

“now boys!” Dongwan spoke up and got to his feet, “You know I can't allow you to fight on school grounds, can't you settle this civilly?” he sighed, knowing they'd never buy something like that, the rivalry between Jonghyun and Seungho was legendary in Kwangju, even students from other schools gossiped about them.

 

Seungho paused, looking over at his coach then back at Jonghyun, “He's right.”

 

“I am?”

 

“we'll just have to wait until after class, we'll meet behind the super market near our old school.”

 

“wait, that's not what I-”

 

“see you then.” Jonghyun called then dashed off to find his niece, He had to find some way to comfort her.

 

Seungho looked towards the crowd and barked out a, “Get lost!” then pushed his way through the crowd.

 

as the rest of the boys left Dongwan was left standing their awestruck, not sure what just happened, “I didn't even get to tell Amber the good news...” he pouted in defeat.

 

As Seungho was walking down the hall Lee Joon trailed behind him, seemingly deep in thought which would be something Seungho would on if he weren't so angry at the moment. It wasn't until Lee Joon let out a, “why were you talking to her like that?” that there were any words spoken between them.

 

“Isn't it true though, She's going to have to figure out sooner or later where her place is in the world, if anything she should be thanking me for pointing her in the right direction.”

 

“That's not it, you never care until now that she was trying out, you're the very reason she was able to try out in the first place... what changed that, why're you against her all of the sudden?” He had to hand it to Lee Joon, while most of the time he could seem dense he'd hit the nail on the head quite hard this time.

 

“I don't know what you're talking about Lee Joon, nothing's changed.” Seungho denied stubbornly.

 

“If you really believed all of those things you said earlier you wouldn't have let her try out in the first place, you would have found some way to keep her away from it! Tell me the truth Seungho, what happened?” Lee Joon Stopped Seungho from going further by placing his hand on Seungho's shoulder, “I'm your best friend, what're you keeping from me.”

 

“really, I was under the impression you and Jonghyun were besties, what with you always hanging around him and his niece.” Seungho scoffed and turned away only to be forced to stop my Lee Joon once more.

 

“Don't change the subject Seungho, what's going on...” for a moment recognition fluttered across Lee Joon's face, “It's Soyeon isn't it? She's said something, done something to make you say those things to her!”

 

“Even if she did, is she wrong? How often do you see girls in the world cup? How often do you see girls on any kind of male team? She won't make it in this kind of field, she's more cut out to do traditional female activities.”

 

“That's bull and you know it, you said it your self, she held her own out there- Don't you see Seungho, Soyeon's using you, she's man handling you like you're a puppet and you don't do a single thing about it!”

 

“ off Lee Joon, it's not like that!”

 

“Isn't it! She's had you wrapped around her fingers since the moment you were born, you can't keep living like this Seungho!”

 

“What's it to you how I live, and for your information I can do what ever I want, neither you or Soyeon influences my decisions!”

 

“That's a lie and you know it!”

 

“Even so, you're the same way with that little dyke Amber, taking her side like a dog in heat, what are you, gay? You wanna know why I was against her joining, it's cause she pushed Soyeon down in the locker room, She's even got a nice size bruise to show for it!”

 

Lee Joon hesitated then shook his head, “And what, did Soyeon tell you all about it, She lies every chance she gets Seungho, I don't even think she knows how to tell the truth!”

 

“that's a lie, Soyeon wouldn't treat me like that!”

 

“She's a man, why can't you see that!” and in that split moment Seungho pounced, his fists pounding against Lee Joon who fought back just as hard.

 

“Yah!” in the heat of it all Lee Joon and Seungho didn't even know the people who were trying to pull them apart, they just kept at it, soon even struggling to get out of the arms holding them back from each other so they could slip a few more punches in.

 

-

 

“Are you insane, bringing something like that up to Seungho when he's already pissed.” GO sighed as he paced in the nurse's room. They were both alone, the nurse didn't come to work until noon so they were able to talk leisurely.

 

“You know it's true, Soyeon's been using Seungho since the moment she knew how, you hate her too.” Lee Joon scoffed as he pressed his ice pack on his swollen cheek, it'd be a pretty color later on, “I'm tired of seeing him fool himself...”

 

GO peered over and nodded, “I agree, his relationship with Soyeon's unhealthy... He's just so protective of her though, I don't think calling her a will change his mind...”

 

“Eh, I hope I'm not disrupting something...” Amber poked her head in and looked from both boys.

 

“no, of course not, I was just leaving actually.” GO shot Lee Joon a grin before heading towards the door, “Why don't you help him clean up a bit Amber, Have fun you two~”

 

Lee Joon sat wide eyed and didn't even notice Amber sitting next to him with a bottle of peroxide and a couple cotton balls in hand until she dabbed one on his busted lip, “ow~” he leaned back and finally noticed what she was doing.

 

Amber laughed, “I told you it was going to hurt, you should listen better.” Amber teased and held the cotton ball up again, “Now you going to let me finish up or are you going to wuss out?”

 

Lee Joon blushed and nodded his head, mumbling out a little, “Thank you.” and looking down bashfully.

 

“When I heard you and Seungho had gotten into a fight I'd been... suspicious, it seemed a bit to much of a coincidence to believe that it didn't have something to do with this morning... I just kinda hoped it wasn't true, I don't really wanna be the reason you got your face pounded in and the reason Seungho got suspended...”

 

“oh... well... you're Jonghyun's niece, of course I'd stick up for you...” he half lied.

 

“ah, well thanks... not many people would do something like that for someone like me...” Amber chuckled and leaned his head up to check out the newly coloring bruise that some how didn't detract from his beauty, “That's gonna be pretty~”

 

“I...” he paused, looking away once more. What did she mean by that, that someone wouldn't defend someone like her... it made him feel... sad, angry, that he wanted to kiss her even if it seemed completely random- he chalked the last part up to being a teenaged boy- but most of all it made him question his own self. Was it weird that he had a thing for Jonghyun's tomboy of a niece? She definitely wasn't the kind of girl he usually dated, that was sure... but there was just something about her, a warmth that made her attractive to him... she felt more like a girl then most of the girls he'd ever dated.

 

“Jonghyun's pissed, he told me he's going to kill Seungho as soon as he can, I mean yelling at me and attacking you in one day probably didn't help his opinion of the other boy...” Amber sighed and shook her head then grabbed Joon's ice pack and placed it on his cheek, “I feel kinda guilty, I really don't want you guys fighting just because I'm... me...”

 

Joon placed his hand over the one she held the ice pack in and gave her a reassuring smile, “Don't be, I... we care about you, I mean it's only natural that you fight for the people you care about.” that urge to kiss her was becoming scarily powerful, the moment seemed so right yet the nagging reasonable part of his mind was telling him he'd screw everything up if he tried.

 

Amber just sat there for a moment, letting his word sink in before smiling widely, “I guess I'd do the same for you guys too... thanks for having my back.” she pulled her hand away then wrapped her arms around him in a hug, “I really do have the best uncles in the world.”

 

and Lee Joon went from Heaven to Hell in two second, “eh, eh, yes... uncle...” he said in defeat.

 

 

(AN- Is it wrong that I have so much fun messing with Lee Joon's character in this? Lol, but really, I sorta have been on a Joon high for the past few weeks, I love this guy^^ He's my favorite in MBLAQ so you can kind of guess why^^

 

And Seungho yet again seems to be the biggest A-hole ever... I have plans though! I promise, in a couple of chapters he's going to be redeemed!... probably...

 

anyways, can you believe it, this chapter came out fast! A day from the last one and on the new server as well (thank you AFF peeps for coddling us, you treat us so well that I can't help feeling as though I need to return the favor... sadly I'm poor...)

 

Happy Server change, glad everything seems to be in working order^^)