Chapter nineteen

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- I'm glad for your fondness, I'm glad it's been a good one so far^^ The thing when I was going in to this story was that I really wanted to make a story with a more innocent protagonist since I usually have more out going and “strong” characters in my other stories^^

I also wanted to put a spin on the usual “rowdy and rough” stereotype that Tomboys get^^

You really didn't rush me, you actually motivated me which is great since I was literally thinking only a day before that I might just stop going on AFF all together because of lack of inspiration. Your comment actually made me look over what I'd already had written leading me to get inspired with more thoughts^^ so keep pushing, I mean if it's been over two weeks since the last update feel free to leave a “hey, why no update” comment, it'll most likely help me more then hurt me^^

 

Jhessica- isn't she^^

 

Kpop_luv- I want them to be together too... but then again, I want ever possible couple in this story to happen but that wouldn't be legal...

 

Chapter nineteen

 

Amber sighed, wiping the sweat from her forehead and stared at the equipment she needed to put away. Most days it wouldn't be much of a problem, but today was just so hot out. She sighed, picking up some of the soccer balls the team hadn't put away and kicked them into the open basket, “Nice kick.” She turned, her breath catching in as she spotted Seungho walking up to her.

 

“You should go get changed, I can take care of this.” she smiled and kicked the cage closed.

 

“nah, I've got nothing to do after anyways, I figured I'd help you.” Seungho smiled and grabbed the handle of the cage, “anyways, you're foots still fragile, wouldn't want it getting hurt again.”

 

“Doc said it was all healed up, just can't be on it to often.” Amber stated as she grabbed her clip board and walked with Seungho towards the equipment shed, “thanks though.” she looked down at her clip board, trying to look as though she were busy.

 

“Here we are then.” Seungho stated as he pushed the cage into the equipment shed and looked around, “brings back memories.” he smiled brightly as he looked at the rolled up mats and other sports equipment.

 

“oh?”

 

“I used to be the equipment manager back when I was a freshmen, back then I couldn't get on the team because of an injury.” he chuckled, “worst experience ever, especially on days like this.” he commented.

 

“it's not to bad, I mean at least I can be near the-” As if fate (or someone as close to fate as a person could be) had a sick sense of humor the door the equipment shed slammed shut, “ah, well that was scary.” Amber commented as she and Seungho stared at the door, both of their spirits sinking when they heard a click.

 

“God, really?” Seungho groaned and hung his head, was she really doing this now? What did Soyeon do all day? Did she really wait for opportunities like this?

 

“this isn't the work of “you know who”, is it?” Amber sighed, already knowing the answer. She set her clipboard down and walked to the door, grabbed the handle and proved her suspicion, “Yah, let us out Soyeon, I wanna go home.” Amber pressed her forehead against the door, utter defeat sinking in.

 

“I'll let youout in the morning, have fun you two~” Soyeon sang from far away, indicating that she was already leaving.

 

“Wouldn't happen to have any keys on you, would you?”

 

“nope.”

 

“Cell phone?”

 

“nope, you?”

 

“nope...”

 

“damn...”

 

“... so, shall we pick up from where we left off the last time we were in this predicament?” Seungho asked as he sat down on one of the rolled up mats and patted the spot next to him.

 

Amber chuckled, mentally thanking Soyeon and sitting down across from him on another mat, “where were we then, it's been far to long since we last caught up with one another.” she grinned as she brought her legs to her chest and leaned in, giving Seungho her full attention, hoping she didn't seem to interested.

 

“hmmm, that night is such a blurr... what's your favorite color?” Seungho asked offhandedly as he leaned back on his mat to get comfortable, staring up at the ceiling.

 

“Red, you?”

 

“Blue.”

 

“Nice...” Amber chuckled as she layed down on her mat. It was going to be a long night, a night she was sure was going to lead to another scandal and Jjong, man he was going to freak out... there was nothing she could do though, this place didn't even have a window they could try to climb out of, not to mention no AC, she'd kill for some air.

 

He watched her, remembering what Soyeon had requested of him. Date Amber? Was she even into guys? Though he reprimanded him self, that was a bit unfair, it was just he didn't want to have anyone else other then Soyeon... but then again, how much longer was he going to take the abuse of having Soyeon but never really having her? Truth was, Amber seemed like a nice enough girl, not to bad looking though he much rather have a girlfriend who was... well a girl...

 

She really wasn't to bad looking though now that he got a good look at her- her skin was nice and clean, she was thin and she had a fairly infectious smile. He wondered if that's what drew people to her, that smile of hers that warmed the room? To him it had to be her best feature, it was the kind of smile that made her seem open and approachable.

 

Most of all though, Soyeon had told him to date her, to get to know her... was he really going to go back on a promise? A promise to his Soyeon who he'd give the world to? He sighed, feeling as though this was a good a time as any to asked, “Hey Liu?”

 

“huh?”

 

“Knock knock!” Both Amber and Seungho looked up at the now open door where GO stood with a bemused look on his face and a ring of keys jingling from his index finger.

 

“God you're a life saver!” Amber cheered as she jumped to her feet and pulled the other boy into a quick hug, “How'd you know we were trapped?”

 

“Just lucky I guess, come on Amber, I'll walk you home- see you later Seungho!” Go grinned as he pulled Amber along with him away from the equipment shed towards the bleachers were her things were.

 

She didn't quite know why GO was acting this way, she half believed he was leading her into another trap again, though it seemed illogical since he'd just saved her from one... perhaps he just wanted to be nice?

 

“So what's up?” she finally asked, not able to take the silence any longer.

 

“Soyeon's pushing you into this, I think I should probably explain why.” GO finally said as he peeked over at Amber who looked at him attentively. God was he really going to do this, He knew the second Soyeon found out he'd blabbed he'd be dead... but he'd been feeling guilty about it all, Amber seemed so innocent, the idea of bringing such a person into their inner circle on a whim seemed unfair.

 

“This? What is this?” She was finally going to learn everything? She was going to find out why Soyeon had chosen her to... to date Seungho... it sounded so strange even just thinking about it- Why would her and Seungho date?

 

“Soyeon's dieing.”

 

“huh?” She hoped to God that he was joking.

 

“Soyeon has a brain tumor, apparently it's benign but it's still not something you want inside your brain... the doctors claim that if they operate they can get rid of it all but Soyeon refuses... the doctors estimated a year when they found it and it's already been about five months.” GO looked away, not wanting to see Amber's shocked expression.

 

“Can't she... why won't she get the operation?” She couldn't wrap her mind around the idea of just giving in like that. How could you just except that you were going to die when you had an option to live?

 

“Well, I have a feeling it's because she doesn't want to live anymore... She's always had a sick fascination with death.” GO lead Amber to a brick wall and leaned against it, feeling as though the walk to her home wouldn't be nearly long enough to explain everything and he knew the second Jonghyun spotted them together he'd rip them apart.

 

“How...” She paused, remembering what Seungho had told her the night they were stuck on the island. She apparently didn't grow up in the happiest home, growing up with that might have made her depressed, “She's using death as an escape.” a cold cloud of dread swarmed her as she thought about Soyeon- to not care if you lived or died, it was a million times worse then being forced to act the way you don't want... Amber felt selfish now, she'd whined about her own problems these last few years that she didn't even take into consideration that other's had it much worse... true her problems were important, but helping others should always be her first priority, ignoring what was being thrown into her face the past few months was inexcusable.

 

“you catch on quick Amber, I was worried I'd have to spell it out.” Go joked even though his features stayed neutral. He might be annoyed by Soyeon but he still felt sorry for her, though most of his feelings were towards his friend Seungho.

 

“So the reason Soyeon's playing matchmaker is... is because she doesn't want Seungho to be alone?... she hasn't told him has she?” Amber reasoned as she thought about it. It seemed like an obvious destination to her train of thought since Seungho seemed to be the only person Soyeon cared about and he'd talked about not being able to figure out what was going on with her...

 

“correct again, you really are more brilliant then you look.” Go sighed and crossed his arms over his chest, “Good thing you're into Seungho, if anything Soyeon biting the bullet makes your conquest easier.”

 

Amber shot GO a looked, for a moment not able to process the words, “what the hell are you talking about... I can't... I can't even... I'd never.” God, what was she trying to say, spit it out Amber, “Any relationship I'd ever consider having with Seungho isn't even possible now- now that I know everything I should use every bit of energy I have to save Soyeon's life, not take what's left over when she's gone.” she sputtered out.

 

“well,” GO was pleasantly surprised, perhaps Soyeon really was right about Amber being an angel, “What's your plan Amber?” He was beginning to understand why she had a fan club, getting to know her was making her more and more appealing.

 

“Plan? I guess it'll come to me as I go.” Amber smiled, glad she was able to try to help, she felt as though she had a purpose in life now other then trying to be selfish.

 

“Great, let's get going before your uncle decapitates me.” GO grinned as he pulled her arm into his and began to walk with her down the road once more, all the while thinking that Amber Liu was far more interesting then he'd ever thought before.

 

(AN- I really wanna see more MBLAQ/F(X) fics, seriously, I'd go crazy if I got me some GOBer^^ (and JoonBer and Seungber and... nvm, just a MBLAQBer fic would be good I guess) but then again I don't really read a lot of fics lately so maybe there's some out there (there wasn't the last time I looked) I've only really read one fic with only really hints of F(MBLAQ) and seriously that wasn't enough -.-

but anyways, I've finally been able to write this idea out, it's been locked in a corner in my mind for months now, I just haven't been able to find the right opportunity to write it in! And now that I have I shall celebrate^^

anyways, I'm planning to write out Ch20 soon since I'm so wired on MtDew and my ideas are still pretty flowy so that's always good^^)