Chapter eleven (for real^^)

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Comments on comments-

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- I am quite evil^^

Joonber has major possibilities^^

Thunder will appear soon, it's just a matter of time^^

 

Mary517- Intense 0,0 le gasp, didn't think I wrote it well at all^^

I wanted him to kiss her too... but then I remembered that the main guys are Seungho and Myungsoo and it felt to soon -.- I don't think the kiss would end well since Amber still thinks of Joon as “uncle Joon” -.-

sorry for the wait (cries)

He is^^

 

Sleepylips- glad you read it through^^

really? I'm glad that came through, I'm a huge Drama-addict so I really wanted to have that feel in this story^^

I'm very torn to, but really since it is an Anyber nothing is really Canon until the very end^^ (though I am trying to make it a Seungber/Myungber...)

Love rants, always feel free to write them when you comment^^

 

And to everyone who mentioned how cute Uncle Joon is- I agree, I love him dearly^^

 

 

Chapter 11

 

“I'm late!” Amber shrieked after she'd tiredly checked her phone for the time. She scrambled to her feet and threw her tank top and sweats off then pulled on her uniform, not bothering to tie that stupid bow or even check to see if her hair was remotely flat. She slid her socks on, grabbed her bag then raced out her bedroom door, nearly slipping when she spotted her uncle casually sipping coffee on the couch, “what the hell Jjong, why didn't you wake me up!” He was dressed already, looking as though he'd taken his time to even fix his hair.

 

“You're taking the week off.” He stated as he placed his coffee down and looked her streight in the eye, “you opened a can of worms Amber, it's best you lay low until things settle down.”

 

“what're you talking about, I have tests, school work, friends! I can't miss a whole week of school.”

 

“You should of thought of that before you got Seungho expelled, that wasn't a very good idea.” Jonghyun stated as he stood to his feet.

 

“it's not like I asked him to attack Lee Joon, it's that jerks fault for doing that.” Amber scoffed as she went to make her way towards the door, “I don't really get it though, he was on your list of people not to mess with and now he's gone, shouldn't school be safer.” She paused when she felt his hand on her shoulder.

 

“It's the complete opposite Amber... Seungho acts as a... as a... he keeps her from being her full evil, with out Seungho she's wild...” Jonghyun sighed.

 

“please, I'm not afraid of her, she's just another bully who can dish it but can't take it.” Amber stated even though she had a feeling Jonghyun was right- Soyeon in the locker room had been a lot scarier then when Amber had first met her when she had Seungho to drag her out of the classroom... With Seungho suspended for a whole week who'd keep her from repeating what she'd done in the locker room?

 

-

 

It seemed that Jonghyun wasn't joking when he said she had a reputation- everyone seemed to walk about three feet away from the teenaged beauty, as though there was a bubble surrounding her. She was heading right for Amber, an stubborn glare etched across her eyebrows as she stared the second year down.

 

“yah, I've never seen her look so... so hungry.” Dongwoo whispered across to Myungsoo who nodded calmly and placed his hand protectively around Amber's shoulder.

 

“Jonghyun's niece, couldn't feel satisfied by pushing me so you had to go and send your dog after my Seungie? You really are looking to die.” Soyeon growled out as she was nearing the three.

 

“Pushed? What's she talking about Amber?” Dongwoo asked.

 

“Eh...”

 

“So what do you have to say for your self, what else do you want to take from me?” Soyeon held out her arms, “come on, are you to afraid to admit it to these people that you're in the wrong, that you're the reason I'm hurt and that Seungho's been suspended? How childish, not even taking responsibility.”

 

She could hear the whispers around her, it reminded her of when Candy had called her out in school, how the rest of the students had looked at her with their judging eyes. She wanted to get out, she wished she had just listened to her uncle and had stayed home.

 

“Amber would never hurt anyone Soyeon, what are you talking about?” Myungsoo spoke up, noticing the stiffness of Amber's shoulders. There was no way someone like Amber could hurt someone else, to him she'd appeared to be the most gentle girl he'd ever met... Soyeon had to be lying, She always lied so why would this time be any different?

 

“Oh, you want to know what she did to me?” Soyeon exclaimed then turned around and brought her shirt up revealing a bruise, “And that's not even the worse of it, I have a bruise on my chest too, I could barely breath when she pushed me down.” there were more whispers now, they were growing louder as they stared at Soyeon's bruise.

 

“I-I...”

 

“Amber, is it true?” Dongwoo whispered, eyes wide as he stared at Soyeon as well. He'd never liked violence, he couldn't stand it but Amber... Amber was his friend, his soul mate till the end...

 

“It.. it...”

 

“Stop lying Soyeon, what proof do we have that Amber did that?” Myungsoo called out, not wanting to believe for a second that his friend would do it, it just wasn't possible!

 

“Is that how it is? Go ahead, blame the victim, I mean seriously, why would I lie about something like this! Why would I do something like this to my self.” she let her shirt drop and looked towards her classmates, “We all noticed it right, that Amber is so much stronger then the rest of us normal girls- She was so scary, I made one comment to her and she just snaps and uses all her power to push me down! That girl right there, that girl is a monster! When Seungho found out he was so mad that he called her out too, then all of the sudden Lee Joon comes out of no where and starts calling ME names, saying I'm lying, that I'm a ! She started all of this, she's such a monster!” she began to sob into her sleeve, “But no one will believe me, everyone's on her side.” she cried.

 

The silence was becoming unbearable for Amber and the guilt didn't help either... she had pushed Soyeon and a part of her, even if she liked to blame it was reflexes, couldn't help remembering how satisfying it was to see the get hurt... she felt bad, bad that she could be so vicious. She looked down, knowing good and well that this was what she had to do.

 

She stepped away from Myungsoo's warm arms and covered the distance between her and Soyeon, “what're you doing!” Soyeon said and stepped back, a tiny spark of fear actually going threw her when she noticed she didn't have Seungho to protect her.

 

Amber looked up, a guilty look across her face, “I'm... I'm really sorry Soyeon, no matter what you said to me I shouldn't of... shouldn't of hurt you in any way.” there was a collection of gasps in the hallway at hearing Amber's confession, “It really was an accident, I hadn't meant to hurt you that much... but you words hurt me too... part of me wanted to hurt you but that was wrong... not matter what (She swallowed a bit of spit) violence should never be the answer... I hope you can forgive me?”

 

Soyeon stood there in shock, having believed that Amber would have denied it all, that she might even decide to call her names as well... but this... an apology infront of everyone... As she looked at Amber she could see a strange warmth, as though the light around her was brighter then for everyone else... was this what an angel looked like?

 

“What's going on here, the bell rang, why isn't anyone in class?” Professor Lee Hyukjae pushed through the crowd and peered between the two girls, “are you girls planning to fight?” he asked them as he peered at them in confusion.

 

Before Amber could say anything Soyeon turned to the teacher and smiled, “no sir, we were just talking- oh my god, has class already started? Amber let's hurry before we get introuble!”

 

-

 

Amber looked around, awkwardly fidgeting with the hem of her shirt. She'd been called to Dongwan's office once more and she was almost certain it had something do with what had gone down between her and Seungho yesterday.... Or maybe even what had happened only moments before- She was still a bit confused as to what that was... When the man walked into his office he had a gentle smile on his face and a stack of papers in hand, “Morning Liu, how're you doing?” he asked as he set the papers down on his desk and plopped down in his seat.

 

“Fine... about yesterday... I...”

 

“I'm sorry he said those things to you like that, I've never seen him act like that before...” Dongwan sighed then smiled, “but enough of that, I have good news Liu!”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I asked around and It seems I'm allowed to choose a student as my assistant... it's not as glamorous as being on the team, it mostly consists of helping clean up the equipment and helping me organize my files... but if you decide to take it up I can let you practice with the team and when the next try outs come around next year...” he trailed off, grinning from ear to ear as he waited for her to connect the dots.

 

“I'd love that sir!” Amber grinned, “When can I start?”

 

“The Basketball team practices today after school and while I'm off I figured it'd be a good opportunity for you to meet Miss Kahi, She's very excited about you.”

 

“That's perfect, my uncles on the team.” Amber beamed.

 

“Great, it's good to have you on the team Liu!”

 

 

(This had been mostly about the Dongwan meeting when I was first writing this chapter but then as I went on from that it was turning into complete mush... so I deleted everything after the meeting and wrote a new beginning to this chapter- the scene between Soyeon and Amber had been sort of thought out a while ago but I hadn't really thought to put it in until about ten minutes ago when I thought “ah, I should have Soyeon confront Amber now instead of after her meeting with Dongwan!” and then the scene with Jonghyun came naturally because their scenes generally write themselves^^

 

and lol, my ultimate bias Eunhyuk weaseled his way into the story for about two seconds^^

 

hope it was worth the wait, sorry for making you wait so long -,- late cause AFF was having issues and I had to get to work, sorry!-.-)