chapter twenty-one

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Chapter twenty-one

 

It was probably the single most awkward moment of both of their lives. They sat across from each other dolled up in formal clothes, him in a slate gray suit with a blue collar while she in a short light blue dress and matching heals that she wished so desperately to take off. The most awkward of this dinner was Soyeon who sat several tables away in all of her obviousness watching them like a hawk with GO sitting by her shaking his head.

 

“ahem, eh... so the soccer teams been pretty good.” Amber coughed, trying to ignore the reality of the situation.

 

“eh, yeah, Minho was a good choice.” God, had he really said that, who knows how she might react to this topic when it'd been such a terrible situation. He checked her expression, astonished that she didn't look at all displeased.

 

“yeah, Minho's a great athlete, he's gonna be a star if he keeps it up.” Amber smiled, thankful that the topic was on sports, anything other and she'd had felt out of place even more then she already was.

 

“I heard Kahi's been stealing you on your off days, that any fun?”

 

“completely!” Amber grinned, remember the previous session in which she played with her uncle and Minho, Basketball was a good stress reliever, “she's a really good teacher, I don't think I'd have pushed my self like this back home, I've really gotten better since I started training with her.”

 

Seungho chuckled, “apparently she's inlove with you, most people are barely even acknowledged by Kahi.” Amber was a good sport, Seungho noted as he talked with her, she didn't dwell on the past and seemed to genuinely take on life with an open heart. Through out that dinner he couldn't help understanding why Soyeon had chosen Amber out of all the other girls, the truth was if Soyeon wasn't around Amber probably would be his first choice.

 

“You seemed like you had a good time.” Soyeon stated as they walked home that night.

 

“She's a good kid.”

 

it took every bit of Soyeon's will to not face palm- seriously? Kid? Did he not noticed the near perfection that Soyeon had spent hours on sitting right in front of him? Instead of speaking her mind she smiled evenly and hummed out a, “She really is great, I know I'd date her if we both swung that way.”

 

“yeah-” then Seungho coughed, the image of what it might look like if Soyeon pursued Amber filling his mind, it was such a beautiful image, “um, heh,” He shook his head, trying to erase the thoughts that he was sure were going to plague him tonight, “finals are coming up, you've been studying right?”

 

cause they'd really let a dying girl get held back! Soyeon beamed, “Of course Seungie, I'll kill those finals in record time!”

 

Seungho smiled towards her and squeezed her hand, “I know you will.”

 

Soyeon sighed- poor innocent Seungho, he didn't understand how much of a bad girl she really was. She slid her hand out of his and walked a bit faster, creating a good distance between then, “I've decided to date someone.” she stated offhandedly.

 

“huh?”

 

“GO oppa of course, we're very much alike, you'll support us right?” she looked back at him, her blank expression finally making the cogs in Seungho's head twist.

 

“You're lying to me...” he stopped, shock cementing his feet to the ground.

 

“Now you get it? I lie all the time Seungie, especially to you.”if she just believed that what she was doing would help him, she could get through the tightening in and the rapid beating of her heart, the pounding in her brain though was another thing entirely though she'd have to manage.

 

“Soyeon?”

 

“Seungho, you're pretty stupid to believe someone like me, I'm a terrible person who lies and cheats... You really have rotten luck, to fall for a girl like me, I'm not going to fall inlove you, you should move on Seungie.” there was a faint buzzing, as though the inside of her head was full of thousands of little bees. Were they using her brain as a hive, would her head leak honey soon? Those darn bees though, they were making the rest of the world sway, as though it were having a lazy earthquake.

 

“Soyeon... I, how can you- you and I.”

 

“not now Seungie, I think my swarm is trying to tell me something.” Soyeon hummed. Seungho noticed then the look in Soyeon's eyes, the dark cloud that made her seem as though she really wasn't there.

 

“Soyeon are you alright?” her face was becoming pale and her body swayed.

 

“many many little bumble bees, maybe they can be my friends when I leave.” Soyeon giggled despite the pain her bumble bees were causing.

 

“Soyeon let's sit down, you look like you're- Soyeon!” Seungho gasped and stepped up to catch her before she could hit the ground, “Soyeon! Soyeon!”

 

“Seungie~ah, Seungie, can you tell the bumble bees it's bed time, they're making my head hurt.” she hummed before her eyes closed completely.

 

“Soyeon!”

 

-

 

Seungho paced back and fourth, the waiting room's white walls were so blindingly white and the sound of the many other occupants racked at his nerves. What was happening in there, why was is taking so long? Would she be all right.

 

“Seungho!” he looked up to find Soyeon's mother rushing into the room, out of breath from the jog from her car.

 

“Mrs. Park, Soyeon, she just fainting and I- I don't know-”

 

“I know, I know, why don't you go on home Seungho, you have school in the-”

 

“No, I want to know what's going on? Why is Soyeon acting like this? Why won't anyone tell me anything?” Seungho ignore the looks he was getting from the other waiting room occupants who looked on at him in pity, “what is going on? Tell me now so I can do something about it!”

 

“S-Seungho...”

 

“She's woken up, she's asking for you Mr. Yang...” Soyeon's doctor sighed as he looked on at the boy and Soyeon's mother.

 

“I should go see-”

 

“she said she just wants to see Seungho first Mrs. Park...” the doctor said awkwardly.

 

“oh, yes, of course.” Mrs. Park murmured and sat down with her purse, looking down at the ground and just staring.

 

“This way Mr. Yang.” The doctor lead Seungho down the many long winding hallways until they reached an open door where Seungho could see Soyeon laying there flipping channels looking as though she hadn't just fainted, “I'll leave you two alone then.” Seungho thanked the doctor then entered Soyeon's room, closing the door behind him then sitting down next to her bed.

 

“Soyeon...” She didn't look over, just flipped through the channels trying to keep her attention on something else, “Soyeon,” Seunghi sighed and placed his hand on her's, lowering it so she'd stop her channel surfing, “What's going on Soyeon, please tell me...”

 

Soyeon closed her eyes, irritation setting in, then opened them and smiled a half smile, “it's really rather embarrassing Seungie, I forgot to eat and well-”

 

“I saw you eating at the restaurant Soyeon, you didn't leave anything left on the plate- now tell me the truth.” Seungho stated firmly and looked her directly in the eyes, “You're going to tell me what's going on, whether you want me as a boyfriend or not I'm going to be in your life as at least a friend, you owe it to me to tell me what's going on.”

 

Soyeon grumbled, annoyed that he'd been able to discredit a lie so quickly, “the truth Seungie, you've never cared to know the truth before.”

 

“stop stalling.”

 

“It's none of your business Yang Seungho.” Soyeon growled and moved her hand from his, “What goes on with my body isn't any of your concern.”

 

“Are you insane? We've been friends since we were kids, of course it's my business.” he could tell he was going to go no where with this, she was just to stubborn, “tell me what I can do Soyeon, just name it and it's yours.”

 

Soyeon looked back, challenging his words with her scrutiny, “I've stated what I want Seungho, I want you with Amber and for you to stop loving me, simple as that.” she was done talking, she turned over and waved her hand at Seungho in dismissal.

 

He couldn't ever remember the walk to the park that night, one moment he was staring at Soyeon's back and the next he was sitting at their tree staring down at his phone, wondering if he should really be doing this. He sighed, feeling lonely and a bit chilled, wishing he knew what was going on, “You called, what's wrong?” he looked up at Amber, he hadn't remembered what he'd said to her but it seemed to have worried her enough to rouse her out of bed, all she wore was a hoodie over a blue tank top and a pair of baggy shorts along with a pair of flip flops.

 

“Soyeon's in the hospital.” he sighed out, relieved there was someone to talk to.

 

Amber froze in shock before quickly going to his side, “is she alright, what happened.” he looked to pale and warn out, could she have... already?

 

“she fainted on our way home, she's awake now and seems to be feeling better.” he felt hallow, as though all of his insides had been carved out. The world was rushing by but all he could do was cling to that tree and stare up at Amber's concerned eyes- they were quite pretty really, the kind of eyes that didn't hold any secrets o malicious intent.

 

“God, I'm sorry... are you alright?” She placed a hand on his shoulder and lightly massaged it.

 

“I hate being the only one out of the loop.” he sighed and leaned his head on her shoulder, “She won't tell me and I want to have faith that she's doing it for me but I... I'm loosing her aren't I? But then again, did I ever really have her?”

 

Amber felt guilty, she wanted to tell him and was on the verge of doing so but she knew deep down that it wouldn't be right for her to tell him... that and she wasn't sure she could handle seeing the anguish that he was sure to feel. Instead she pulled her arms around him and sighed out a, “we just have to wait, wait for Soyeon to come out with it her self.” and hopefully it wouldn't be to late...

 

Seungho felt an odd warmth from Amber, as though she knew what was going on with him... which was a silly thought but it was comforting enough. Perhaps if he did get with Amber like Soyeon wanted it would make things easier, maybe Soyeon would even open up to him. He breathed heavily as he pulled away and looked into Amber's big brown eyes, a sudden nervous bubble making it's way up his spine, “I-I don't know what's happening, or why, but it all seems to be leading me back to you... maybe we, maybe we should.”

 

Amber understood, understood it without him saying a thing, it'd been in his eyes. This idiot, he's do anything for Soyeon, he'd jump off a cliff if she told him to and while she hated comparing her self to a cliff she knew she was the cliff he'd have to jump off of this time around, “Y-Yeah, maybe we should...” she stuttered out, feeling her self blush... she was so stupid, he was doing this because Soyeon told him to, not because he loved her... still though, it'd been a while since she'd had anyone ask her out...

 

“Oh-ok then.” Seungho looked down then back up and leaned quickly in to give her a peck on the check, “er, well, uh, Jonghyun's gonna kills us when he finds out.”

 

Amber nodded, “yeah, hope you have good health insurance.” she tried to joke but it was lost in the awkwardness of the moment... were they really doing this, were they really going to do what Soyeon asked of them?

 

 

 

(AN- wa, I miss having multiple comments, I mean I love the comments I do get, I have the best commenters ever but I can't help feeling selfish in wanting more -.- but I mean, I guess it's my own fault since I'm not that good at writing, maybe if I were better I'd get more... but then I look at the fics that do get popular and notice that there's a running theme in the ones that do get popular and my stories just don't fit that theme...

anyways, enough drama from me^^ promise to post more chapters, I've just been distracted and the lack of comments doesn't cure my distraction a bit...)