Chapter Twenty-five

Ferly (Something unusual)

 

Comments on comments

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- o.o you're to nice, thank you for petting my ego~

I enjoy commenting on comments, it's actually my favotite part of finishing a chapter, it's like the desert because I always save it for last^^

lol the lonely trio is a good name for them, all of them pretty much fit that^^

Mary517- lol, sorry sorry^^

I was feeling like a troll when I finished off with that scene^^

I actually can't write it any other way, sarcasm is my first language and I'm trying to be witty (but fail when it really counts) so I'm glad you like it^^

sorry for the late update, I'm lazy lazy~

 

Chapter twenty-five

 

Amber shuffled quickly down the hall, trying to weave through the mass of students heading in the opposite direction- she'd forgotten her note book, the one that had all her notes for tomorrow's tests. She'd sworn she'd put it in her bag during lunch but perhaps it'd slipped out of her hands or she'd unconsciously gotten it out with out thinking, either way though, it wasn't in her back pack and she needed it desperately so she could study tonight.

 

She finally reached her classroom, finding it empty and quiet for once. She weaved through the seats until she reached her own and leaned down to look in side and around her desk, finding nothing what-so-ever resembling her notebook.

 

Suddenly the door closed and Amber heard a “click” indicating it'd been locked. She straightened up hesitantly and turned around, letting out a sigh of relief when it was just her friends standing there, “Hey Myungsoo, Dongwoo, what's up?”

 

“We just wanted to talk.” Dongwoo stated and sat down atop a desk a few rows away from Amber, “You've just been so busy lately, it's like we've become complete strangers.”

 

“ah~, yeah, sorry guys, finals and, well, all of this is just...” Amber sighed and sat down in her seat, letting her body relax a bit, “I didn't mean to isolate you guys.”

 

“really?” Dongwoo leaned his elbows on his knees, “From what I understand you've been spending all your time with that boyfriend of yours.”

 

Amber raised an eyebrow, “well, we are going out aren't we? Generally you hang out a lot with the people you're seeing...”

 

“the question is, why are you and Seungho going out to begin with.” CL's voice shook Amber's nerves, she turned around and found the other girl sitting on a cabinet, “I was hiding in the closet earlier, almost didn't get in there before you came in.” CL shrugged as if her ability to be there was the only question on Amber's mind.

 

“Ah, um, right,” Amber shook her head, “Seungho and I... we just have so much in common that it seemed-”

 

“Even you can't believe that you're fooling us with that lie.” CL pushed off her seat onto her feat and began to pace infront of Amber, “You're hiding something Amber and you're friends over there are to nice to ask- lucky for them I'm pretty damn curious so I've volunteered to interrogate you.”

 

“Chaerin this isn't an interrogation, we're just-”

 

“yeah yeah, I'll be nice Myungsoo, your little girlfriend won't be harmed.” CL waved her hand towards Myungsoo who brooded in a corner. CL turned back towards Amber and grinned, “Now tell us what's going on.”

 

“I'm not telling you anything CL, I don't owe you the truth,” Amber turned towards Dongwoo and Myungsoo, “Why's she here, have you guys been talking about me to CL of all people?”

 

“It's not like that Amber, we're just... worried.” Myungsoo tried to reason, taking a cautious step forwards, “You've just looked so stressed and unhappy lately and you never tell us anything... w-why are you dating Seungho if he's makes you so sad?”

 

Amber sighed, “He doesn't make me sad, I'm just dealing with a lot of things...”

 

“don't give us that Amber, he made you cry then a month later you date him- that's not normal.” Dongwoo intervened, standing up abruptly, “Or did you forget how bad he treated you that day? I sure haven't, I remember vividly of you with your face on my shoulder crying your eyes out about it.”

 

“... I wasn't crying.” Amber mumbled stubbornly.

 

“Amber.” Dongwoo warned.

 

“Fine, something is up! You happy now.” Amber threw her arms up in exasperation, “It's privet though, it's not my secret to tell.”

 

“Is he forcing you to date him cause he'll be dead in a second if he is.”

 

“Cause Seungho would really force someone like Amber Liu to date him.” CL scoffed.

 

Everyone turned towards CL, just then remembering that she was still in the room, “Do you mind CL, we're trying to have a conversation.” myungsoo said politely.

 

CL nodded and turned towards the door, “I wasn't having any fan anyways~ really, interrogating someone with out tying them up~” She flashed a peace sign before unlocking and leaving the room.

 

“Why was she hear again?”

 

“that's not important right now, tell us what's going on.” Dongwoo and Myungsoo walked up to Amber and sat down next to her.

 

Amber paused, wondering if she should really tell them- it wasn't something she should tell, but she really wanted someone other then GO to talk to about this. She blabbed, she blabbed so hard that it left her two friends to sit there for a few moments in silence to take in all of what she'd just told them, “I don't really know why Soyeon wants me to do this, but if it means it'll make her happy...” Amber sighed, regretting her decision to tell them.

 

Myungsoo smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder, “She chose you because you're nice Amber, anyone who knows you for a second will know that you'd be willing to do anything for someone else... even if it hurts you.” He peered into her eyes, making a knot form in Amber's tummy- he looked at her as though she were the only one in the room, he smiled at her like it was a gift to her and the warmth from his grip on her shoulder made her jump.

 

Amber tried to ignore it and smiled back at her friend, “you guys think to highly of me, I really am just another selfish girl.”

 

-

 

Amber sat tugging on the hem of her polka-dot sundress as the graduation ceremony commenced. Grandmother and Junsu sat on either side of her- Grandmother sobbed into a tissue while Junsu pretended to be interested, Amber on the other hand couldn't sit still, she wanted desperately to do something. After probably the hundredth speech the principal finally began calling names at and agonizingly slow pace.

 

She could see her uncle down there sitting with his classmates looking nervous and funny in his suit and tie. It made her wonder just what the future could hold, what with it being just the early chapters of their stories- Jonghyun was graduating, he was about to jump out into the world with no idea as to what he was doing like most high school graduates. It made her wonder what she'd do with her own future, She'd always been fairly good in classes so she figured college wouldn't be a problem, but what exactly did she want to spend the rest of her life doing?

 

She felt Junsu squeeze her hand, making her notice that he'd been holding it that whole time. Why? Amber was just the girl he thought of as a kid sister... right? She peered over at him, acknowledging his handsome face, he really was easy on the eyes but all of the feelings she'd had (which were little “omg oppa's so cute” moments) just weren't there... he was just a boy but something by the way he acted around her tipped her off that something else was happening. Perhaps he'd just missed her, they really hadn't seen each other in a long time... but then again, it's not like they were best friends or anything, just former neighbors and really not even that since Amber had lived half way across the world from him most of her life...

 

After the long (drawn out) ceremony Jonghyun came up to Amber and his mother and pulled both of them into a big hug, “ah~ I'm free~” He cheered then stepped back from the two, “my two favorite women.” he beamed.

 

“Aw, my boy~” Grandmother grinned and pulled her son into another bone crushing hug, all the while watching as Junsu wrapped his hand around Amber's once more. She smiled, pleased with the way her future grandson behaved.

 

“Amber!” the little group looked up to see Yang Seungho and his gang running towards them, “we're going to go out and celebrate, you coming?” he asked, not even noticing that someone else was holding his girlfriends hand.

 

“Amber who's this?”

 

“Eh...” Amber paused, looking from both her boyfriend and her Grandmother, wondering what she should say what with the history between their families.

 

“Yang Seungho Ma'am, son of Yang Jongshin and, um, Amber's boyfriend...” Seungho stated and bowed low towards Grandmother.

 

Amber turned towards her Grandmother, expected her to look angry but found she had a rather large smile on her face, “ah~ So you're the boy Amber's been telling me about.” even though Amber hadn't said a word about Seungho or about any boy to her.

 

“Hopefully all good things.” Seungho smiled

 

“oh yes, I was so happy to hear about you two!”

 

Junsu, Jonghyun and Amber stood there in shock, all of them wondering the same thing- how could Grandmother be so supportive for this? She looked as though she'd slap a wedding dress on Amber and send her down the isle right then and there.

 

“I'm happy to hear that, would you mind if I steal her for a while? Me and my friends were gonna go out and celebrate.”

 

“oh, yes, please, have fun! Don't worry about getting home early dear, you're old enough to be out late.” Grandmother practically pushed Amber towards Seungho and waved her away, “Bye!”

 

“Eh... um... bye... Congrats Jjong, sorry I can't stay.” Amber said, still in a state of shock over what was happening- was Grandmother telling her to go out partying with her boyfriend? By the looks of it Grandmother would even agree to allow her to stay the night at Seungho's if she wanted!

 

“Ah, no problem Amber, we'll do something tomorrow.” Jonghyun gave a stern look towards Seungho that the other boy ignored.

 

“yeah- it was nice seeing you too Junsu, glad to hear that you found a place-”

 

“come on Amber!” Soyeon urged as she pulled the other girl along with her, the others soon followed.

 

-

 

“You look bored.” GO commented as he slipped down in the seat next to her.

 

“I'm not really into places like this.” Amber commented as she looked around the club. She didn't quite know how they'd gotten in, the sign out front said yet they got in with out a second thought and were even served what ever they wanted.

 

“me too, if you want I can call an cab and take you home.”

 

“Oh no, it's fine, have fun with your friends.” Amber smiled and tried to reassure him that she wasn't having the worst time ever- truth was it wasn't that bad, she didn't mind places like this that but she kept remembering the way Myungsoo had looked into her soul yesterday that all she wanted to do was go back to her quiet home and think long and hard about something like geometry or history, anything but the opposite ...

 

“come on, I don't wanna be here either, I hate clubs.” GO smiled and helped Amber up onto her stiletto clothed feet and lead her out of the club, “Ah~ fresh air.” he sighed as soon as they got out into the parking lot.

 

“Won't your friends miss you?” Amber asked as she walked with GO to the curb, feeling awkward from the silence between the two... things had been weird since that incident in the nurses room, she couldn't quite put her finger on it but it was definitely on a different level then what she was used to.

 

“Nah, probably won't even notice we're gone- your Seungie~ might notice you're gone though.” GO chuckled when Amber sent him a glare, “Or is it Soyeon's Seungie? Yah!” GO cackled loudly as Amber tried to hit him. She failing several times in a row before finally having her wrists caught by the other boy who looked down at her, “Someone's feeling feisty tonight.” GO chuckled, absentmindedly closing the distance between them.

 

Amber stared mesmerized by him, feeling her heart pitter patter faster then ever. What was he doing? Was he gonna-”

 

“Yah, that's where you two ran off to.” they both turned around to find the others heading towards them. Mir and Thunder talked animatedly in the back while Seungho waved and Soyeon shot GO a dirty look.

 

“we just needed some air, it was to stuffy in there.” GO lied easily and placed his arm around Amber, “Amber wasn't having fun either, you should really be a more attentive boyfriend Seungie~”

 

“Ah, sorry, you ok Amber.” Seungho smiled bashfully and scratched the back of his head before pulling Amber to him and kissing her forehead causing Mir and Thunder to protest obnoxiously.

 

“Yah hyung, you're killing us!”

 

“It burns!”

 

Seungho chuckled and waved them off, “Stop being childish.”

 

Soyeon rolled her eyes at everyone's antics then pulled Amber away, “Come on Amber, you're staying over at my house tonight!” she cheered, ignoring the boys who were still talking loudly to one another as they left.

 

“eh, I didn't tell my Grandmother I was staying the night, she might get angry.”

 

“really, she sounded quite pleased with your current situation.”

 

the moment Amber stepping into Soyeon's she felt a strange quietness to it, as though no one actually lived there and it was just a model house you'd see when you went on house tours. The house was spotless and everything from the walls to the furniture was white.

 

“Sorry it's a bit messy, I don't really have visitors and the maid doesn't come in on the weekends.” Soyeon hummed as she headed straight for the kitchen, “You hungry, we have plenty of food.”

 

“This is messy?” Amber mumbled then fallowed Soyeon into the kitchen, “nah, I'm fine unnie, got anything to drink.” She asked then slumped down at the kitchen table and began to pull off the stilettos.

 

“yep!” Soyeon beamed then headed towards a cabinet and pulled out a bottle of wine, “It's a good year too~” Soyeon grinned and brought the wine and two wine glasses to Amber.

 

“Unnie, we're under age...”

 

“humor unnie tonight, alright Amber~” Soyeon smiled a hesitant smile before pouring wine into both glasses, “I've never drank with a friend that's a girl, it's always been Seungho and the boys.” she sighed wistfully then leaned back in her seat, “Have you ever even drank before?” she chuckled.

 

“not really...”

 

“then go on, we're young~” Soyeon purred then held up her glass, “to being young!”

 

Amber sighed and smiled as she clanked her glass against Soyeon's, “Only one glass ok, then we're done.”

 

five glasses later Amber found she somehow was wearing different clothes and sitting on Soyeon's bedroom floor as Soyeon talked, “- And you know what, I resent the fact that they'd say that behind my back, at least say it to my face! Would you like more wine Amber-ssi~?”

 

“N-no thank you.”

 

the room was hot and she was tired but Soyeon just kept talking. She found her self dozing several times until she was startled awake by Soyeon's words, “- And that's why I can't get this thing outta my head-”

 

“huh, can you repeat that unnie?” Amber questioned, feeling a whole bucket load of energy was poured over her head.

 

“hmm? What was I saying again?” Soyeon mumbled. Amber sighed- Soyeon apparently had the memory of a goldfish when she was drunk.

 

“we should go to sleep unnie~” Amber yawned and layed down on her side, “we'll be dead tomorrow.” Soyeon nodded and with out a second thought pulled Amber into a hug and proceeded to fall asleep right there, “...Well...”

 

Amber had a difficult time getting to sleep that night.

 

-

 

Soyeon woke up feeling strange, as though she hadn't had practically a whole bottle of wine last night. Amber's warmth made her smile broadly so she buried her face in the younger girls shoulder, letting her moment of bliss last for a moment more before she layed a kiss on the other girls shoulder and pulled away, “Amber-ssi is the greatest friend anyone could ask for~” she sighed and stood up on shaky legs, the hangover finally making it's self known, “hmmm~ better get something for this.” she mumbled before heading towards the bathroom, leaving Amber to wake up alone on Soyeon's floor, thoroughly confused with a pounding headache.

 

“~” Amber grumbled and crawled towards Soyeon's bed and buried her self in the covers. What had they done last night? How much had she drank? She let out a groan and burrowed further into the covers to escape the suns determined reach.

 

“Amber-ssi! I bring medicine for that hangover of yours!” Soyeon cheered far to loudly as she burst into the room and nearly fell over her self when she didn't see her friend on the floor then let out a chuckle when she saw the human sized ball hiding under her covers, “come outta there Pabo~ your head's not gonna stop hurting if you stay under there like that~” Soyeon giggled as Amber let out a stubborn grumble. With out a bit of consideration for the young girl, Soyeon pulled the covers off and cooed over the sight of Amber rolled up in a ball.

 

“unnie I don't wanna~” she groaned, trying to over her head to escape the sun once more.

 

“take the medicine Amber.” Soyeon prodded then placed the cup of water she was holding on top of her night stand along with the advil she'd brought, “I'm gonna go make us something to eat, come down when you're ready~”

 

“Unnie can't you at at least close your-”

 

“See you later Amber!” And with that Soyeon slammed her door shut leaving Amber to lay there and stare longingly at the glass of water and advil that was just so far away from her. After she was right in the head, Amber headed down stairs to the kitchen where she found Soyeon sitting there looking pale faced and confused, “Unnie?” Amber placed a hand on Soyeon's shoulder, feeling more startled by the fact that her unnie didn't respond, “Soyeon.”

 

“umma I wanna go home, can't we go home?” Soyeon hummed and looked up at Amber but from the emptiness in her eyes she knew that Soyeon wasn't seeing her.

 

“Soyeon?”

 

“I don't wanna be here anymore umma, it's to scary.” tears welled up at the corners of Soyeon's eyes, “Umma, why won't you say anything.” she squeaked and pulled at the front of Amber's shirt, “Say something you ! Why won't you talk to me?” the tears rolled down and Amber felt frantic, not sure what was happening.

 

“Soyeon! Soyeon it's me, Amber!” Amber gasped when Soyeon's hand hit her cheek.

 

“Why did you do this huh! Why did you ignore me? Aren't I good enough!” Soyeon shrieked then fell to the floor and scampered quickly under the table, “Don't, please don't!” she began to scream and sob as though an invisible force was beating her.

 

Amber walked backwards and pulled her phone out, her own eyes becoming watery as she found Seungho's number and called him, “O-oppa, I-I don't know what's happening, please get here.”

 

“where are you?”

 

“Soyeon's house, please hurry.”