Chapter 25

(No) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His pov

We were sitting on the roof. I was leaning against the railing and hugging Jae Min from behind as she was resting her back and head on my chest. The blanket I took kept us both warm.

“I want to stay like this forever,” she said.

I smiled and kissed her on her head. “Don’t worry. We will be like this again soon.”

“But what if… I won’t be like before? What if I won’t be able to walk, or talk or-“

“I will still love you the way I love you now.”

“And what if I won’t… remember you?”

I was quiet for few seconds. It was something I was afraid of, too. I turned her so I could see her face, took her hand and interlaced our fingers. “If you won’t remember me I will try to make you love me again. I won’t let you go so easily, Ms. Kim Jae Min. I want to be with you forever.”

“Forever?” she asked quietly.

“Forever,” I said and kissed her.

I tried to be gentle because I was afraid she would crash if I hugged her tighter. I’ve never felt as happy as I was at that time. We knew each other for just three months but I felt that Jae Min was the one for me.

The time passed quickly. She stood up and I followed her.

“It’s almost 12p.m.”

I hugged her from behind. We had just few more minutes and we were both nervous even though we didn’t say it.

She suddenly turned around and looked at me worried.

“Wh-?” I started but she didn’t give me a chance to finish as she placed her lips on mine.

I felt her tears on my cheeks. It made me worried but I didn’t pull away. It was a long kiss and we both gave all our love into it. In the end, I started to understand why she was crying. She started to change into a ghost again. At that moment my cheeks weren’t wet just from her tears but I realised they were also mine. She pulled away and stepped back.

“It’s time,” she said and wiped away her tears. “Thank you for everything, Kim Jongin. Thank you for being my friend and my first love. Thank you for making me feel special. I love you, Kai.”

“I love you too, Jae Min. Forever.”

“Forever,” she said and smiled. “But there’s something I wanted to tell you. My price… the one from the running race… I want to use it now.”

I nodded.

“I want you to be happy, Kai. With or without me. Just be happy… please. That’s what I want from you,” she smiled.

I bit my lips and looked away as I tried to stop the tears. “I… will… be happy. I promise,” I said when I looked back at her and smiled.

She started to disappear. I couldn’t see her legs. She raised her hand and smiled. “See you next time.”

I raised my hand too and smiled. “See you next time.”

We didn’t know when that time will be. Maybe in this life, maybe in afterlife. But we definitely wanted to meet again.

With that she disappeared. I stood there for a few seconds like a statue. I cried silently with clenched fists.

 

D.O.’s pov

We came back to our apartment late in the night. I was drinking a water in a kitchen when Suho run off from his room.

“Kai is not here!”

“What? I thought he was sleeping,” said Chen.

“Me too but he isn’t here.”

“I’ll try to call him.”

“He left his mobile here.”

“Where is he? It’s dangerous for him to be out alone in his state.”

“The stars are nice today.” “They are even nicer from the roof.” I remembered our yesterday’s conversation and run off the apartment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter