Chapter 24

(No) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her pov

I didn’t go to Kai’s room yesterday because I wanted him to sleep. But now I was sitting next to his bed. It was afternoon when he woke up. I smiled at him and he looked confused at first but then he smiled tiringly.

“How do you feel?” I asked and he just showed me okay with one hand. “Kai, I… would like to go out for a bit. I will come back but…”

He frowned and looked disappointed but nodded in the end. “Okay. But… don’t be away too long.”

“I won’t.” I smiled and went away.

 

Streets of Seoul were full of cars and people.

I went to Han River and walked around. I was on the same place where I was with Kai and when I got to the point where we were running I started to run. I didn’t know why but I was smiling all the way.

My next stop was Seoul Tower where I enjoyed the view once again. When I thought I remembered it well enough I went to another place.

The grave of my parents. “Mum, dad, today is the last day. I don’t know what will happen to me but… I still wanted to come and see you. Who knows, maybe we will see each other tonight,” I smiled and wiped away the tears. “Anyway, thank you. For everything you did for me back then. And even when I was a ghost. I love you.”

I went to the near beach, sat on the sand and looked at the sea. I was there like this for a while, remembering every single moment of my life and my ghost life. I’ve made a lot of memories during this short period of time thanks to Kai and I was thankful to him for them. Even though he hated me in the beginning, now he was sick because he liked me and cared about me. I liked him too, but I was too afraid to tell him. I thought it would be even harder if I wouldn’t wake up…

I stood up and walked away. I found myself at the meadow where Exo once had photo shoot. I walked to the place where I was talking with Kai. It was so different. Flowers disappeared, the warm wind changed into cold one and most important, Kai was not there. It felt so lonely without him. I wanted to remember that place as the nice one.

“If I wake up, I wish we could come here together.”

I walked to the place where I found the flowers with short message from Kai. It said “You’re prettier when you smile”. I smiled and looked back at the meadow. Just then I realised it was already night. I promised Kai I won’t be long but I’ve spent all day wondering out. I panicked and rushed to Exo’s apartment.

 

“You came,” said someone and I turned around. Kai was standing in front of big living’s room window. I sighed and went closer to him. “I was looking at the sky and waited for the stars to be seen, but my biggest star just came,” he tilted his head and smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter