Chapter 20

(No) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her pov

I tried to understand what kind of situation I was in. I was half dead because of money. I was working like crazy, didn’t have friends to earn money for living and someone just wanted to kill me because he probably thought I have a lot of them. I didn’t know that my father borrowed money since I was too young to know these kind of things.

“Jae Min…” said Kai quietly and kneeled down on the floor right in front of me.

I was staring on the floor for a while before I looked at him. “Is it real? Is it true?” I asked myself.

“I’m so sorry, Jae Min,” he said with broken voice. My heart did hurt when I’ve seen tears in his eyes. “But you can’t allow this to make you give up. You have to fight, okay?” He probably wanted me alive more than me. I didn’t know how would I fight but I had to agree, just to make him feel better. I nodded and he sighted in relief. I didn’t want to see him like this. Tired, sad… hurt. I hated to see him in this state especially when I knew it was because of me.

“You should go to sleep,” I said and tried to smile. “You need to rest. Come on, let’s go,” I said and stood up. He looked up at me and stood up too.

“I don’t think I will be able to sleep now.”

“You should at least try. I’ll be there with you.”

We went to his bedroom. He laid in bed and I sat down on the floor right next to him. We were just looking at each other until he closed his eyes and fell asleep. I’ve been there whole night. He seemed like he had a lot of nightmares. It was long and hard night for both of us.

When he woke up, first thing he did was checking on me. I smiled at him and raised my hand.

“Morning.”

He smiled back and whispered Good morning. Suho woke up too so we didn’t have a chance to talk again.

It was another busy day for Exo. They were performing in the music show and won. It was so… different to watch them all the time. How hard they were preparing for this album, how hard they tried to give their best and how tired and exhausted they were at the end of the day. Fans only see the performance, but there’s so much more behind it. And there are still people who criticized them for not being good enough. I hated it.

“How was it?” asked Kai once we were alone.

“Great as always.”

“Okay then. As long as you like it, I’m satisfied.”

“Really?” I asked with raised eyebrow.

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“Hmm, because you’re my most important fan in the world,” he said and smiled playfully.

 “Oh, Kai, you’re here? I need you. Can you come with me, please?” said Xiumin and they both went away.

 

I was still horrified by the news I heard from TV about me, but I tried to hide it. Kai was always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter