Chapter 18

(No) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His pov

I could hardly sleep at night. I was rolling on the bed but in the end I was lying on my back and stared on the ceiling. We’re going on a date tomorrow. I smiled and put my hand across my eyes.

I woke up early and quickly prepared myself. Today was our last free day before the busy schedule. Others will probably stay at home and rest but I wanted to spent it with Jae Min.

“Shall we go?” I asked when I was ready.

“Well, if you’re really sure about this…”

“Yes, I am, so come on.”

 

“You probably won’t like the beginning of this day, but I will still try hard to make it nice.” I said as we went out of the building. I was masked well so nobody would recognise me, so she couldn’t see that I was smiling like crazy. I was really happy. It might sound crazy as I was on a date with a ghost, but for me, it was the girl I liked.

We got to our first stop.

“Hospital again?” she asked with raised eyebrows.

“I’m just going to check on you. It won’t take long, don’t worry.”

We got to her room and after a small hesitation she went in too. She seemed scared as she saw herself lying there. I watched her as she was going closer to the bed and slowly touched her own hand.

“Can you… feel anything?” I asked quietly.

“Not really…”

I nodded and we were quiet for a few seconds.

“What is that?” she asked suddenly and I looked in the direction where she pointed. I smiled once I noticed what surprised her so much.

“Flowers?” I asked.

“But… they are the same as those on the meadow. The yellow and red flowers you gave me back then.”

“Oh, really? Are they the same?” I .

“You! How did you…?”

“Do you like them?” I asked and smiled.

“Y-Yes. I like them very much.” She said and went closer to them.

“I can’t bring them myself but I made sure that they are bringing you fresh ones regularly… But, is there a problem with it?”

“No, it’s just I have an allergy on flowers but it seems that these are okay…”

“What? Allergy? I will throw them away then.”

“No, you don’t need to. It seems that my body is okay with these flowers. Don’t worry. Doctors would throw them away if I had some kind of reaction.”

“Ah, okay then.”

“Thank you, Kai,” she said after few second silence and smiled.

“Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?” I asked worried as she had tears in her eyes, but she shook her head immediately.

“No, you didn’t do anything wrong. I’m just… happy. You care so much about me. I’m really happy now… and thankful.”

I sighed in relief and turned around as someone came in the room.

“Oh, hello. I’m sorry I’m late again.” A doctor said and smiled. I bowed politely and looked at Jae Min’s body.

“How is she?” I asked and looked at Jae Min.

“I’ll better go on the hallway,” she said and went out. Then I gave my full attention to a doctor.

“Well, she’s a little bit better. Especially in last few days. But it’s still hard. We can’t even say if she can make it. We are trying our best and she is a fighter but… there’s nothing more we can do for now,” she said with apologetic face.

“I’m sure she will make it,” I said more for myself but she heard it.

“We have to hope.”

.

 

Her pov

I was touched by the flowers from Kai. Did he… really liked me? I smiled as I was walking up and down the hallway. It was enough for me to just see my body lying there. I didn’t want to hear in what condition I am.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter