Chapter 21

(No) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His pov

I woke up in the morning still tired. I had nightmares about me being exposed to the world as the one who visited Jae Min in the hospital. I wouldn’t care about it, if it wouldn’t endanger the whole group. My company would want to know who Jae Min is, they would forbid me to visit her again, they would have to give official statement where they would deny everything or at least tried to cover it somehow… And I would be seen as a traitor because I liked a girl… And in the end the group would be seen as if we all did something wrong. I felt under a pressure but I tried my best not to show it to others. I was tired but I tried to look okay. My hand hurt but I was telling everyone that it was okay. I tried to seem okay. But I wasn’t.

I looked around my room. Jae Min was sitting there and smiled.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning.” I sat on my bed and looked at my injured hand.

“Does it still hurt?

“Not really.”

“You don’t have to lie to me.”

I was quiet for a moment. “It hurts… but it’s not that bad as it was so… don’t worry,” I said and took clean clothes. “I’m going to get ready.”

 

We were preparing for recording the show in the radio. A stylist just finished my hair and I went out of the room. I was in the corridor when my phone suddenly rang. It was an unknown number but I took it.

“Hello?”

“Is it Mr. Kim Jongin?” asked a woman on the other side.

“Yes, that’s me. Who is it?”

“Oh, sorry, I forgot to introduce. I’m a doctor Park.  Ms. Kim Jae Min is my patient. We’ve seen each other. I’ve changed the phone number so you might be confused a little bit. Anyway, there’s something I have to tell you,” she said and my heart started to beat fast. I looked at Jae Min. She was still there as a ghost, which meant that she didn’t wake up nor did she die. Then why did a doctor call me so suddenly? I gulped nervously.

“What is it?” my voice cracked.

“I’m not sure if it’s the best idea to talk about it on the phone-“

“Just tell me what happened!” I insisted.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Kim but… our hospital management decided that… we should let Ms. Kim Jae Min go.”

“What?” I asked in disbelief.

“I know it’s hard but… she doesn’t show any improvement and it’s been almost three months. We think it would be the best for her-“

“You know nothing about what would be better for her! How can you decide so easily?!”

“I know how you feel, Mr. Kim-“

“You have no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter