Chapter 12

(No) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her pov

Few days have passed from our last conversation. We both felt awkward since Kai told me the reason he wasn’t able to do a photoshoot properly. We were avoiding each other. It would be the best for me to go away, but I didn’t have a courage to ask him for permission. He actually didn’t want me to go away alone. Why? Because I always went to my parents’ grave and spent all day there and somehow always ended up crying. And Kai didn’t want me to cry. Why? I have no idea. Why did he even care? I had no clue. But I knew one thing for sure. It was weird. He was weird.

They came home after their schedule and noisy as always. They had dinner and then everyone went to do their things. I smiled at the fact that I was watching them every day like a stalker. But I couldn’t steal anything from their dorm or take photos. They couldn’t see me or hear me. Except one of them…

“Are you going somewhere?” D.O asked when Kai took his jacket and apartment keys.

“Just going to get some fresh air,” he said and left the apartment.

“Is he okay?” asked Xuimin.

“I hope so,” said D.O and then I left the apartment too and followed Kai.

He went on the rooftop. I was standing few metres behind him in the dark spot. We were like this for few minutes and I started to be worried about him. Why was he just standing there? I couldn’t stand it anymore and went closer. I stood beside him and stared into the night. Finally, he broke the silence.

“Sorry,” he said and I looked at him surprised.

“For what?”

“For yelling at you last time. And everything after that, I mean-“

“Yeah, I got it. It’s okay. You… don’t have to be sorry,” I said quickly as I didn’t want him to mention that awkward moment when he told me that he was embarrassed because of me.

He looked at me and smiled. That smile would definitely stop my heart if I had one.

“Why-Why are you smiling?”

“Because you’re funny.”

“What?”

“You should’ve seen your face just now. What. You didn’t want me to continue?” he teased.

“What? Hey! Stop it! Don’t make a fun of me!” I insisted but he just laughed. I ended up smiling too.

“You should smile more,” he said with a little smile on his face. It surprised me.

“It’s hard to smile when you’re half dead. And there aren’t many reasons to smile for, anyway.”

“I will make them. I will try to find you a reasons to smile,” he said and I looked at him. He just smiled. There was another quiet moment.

“We have a free day tomorrow. Do you want to go somewhere?” he broke the silence.

“Hmm… I don’t know. Don’t you want to stay at home and relax? Aren’t you tired? Your schedule is quite… busy.”

“I’m okay. It would actually be quite nice if I get away from here for one day.”

“Okay then. As you wish.”

“Great. So, tomorrow,” he smiled. My goodness, that smile…

“Yeah.”

“I’m going in,” he said and went away. I had to follow him but we didn’t talk anymore.

Some of Exo members were sleeping already, some were discussing what they should do on their free day. Kai went to take a shower and then he went to sleep. I was in the living room with other guys. I didn’t pay attention to what they were saying. I was just looking outside, which was the second best thing to look at when you couldn’t sleep. Right after Kai’s face…

It was morning already. Exo members had a free day today. Some of them wanted to go out together, some of them just wanted to stay at home and rest.

Kai was having a breakfast after shower. Xiumin was with him so we couldn’t talk to each other. I was looking outside the window and once in a while I took a peek on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter