Chapter 16

(No) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her pov

“Kai, it’s Han River!” I said excited because I liked that place very much.

“Yes. Are you happy?”

“Happy? I’m extremely happy! This is… great.”

“You must really like this place.”

“Yes, I do. But I wasn’t here for a long time. Well, actually, I was here not long after the accident. You were shouting on me to get away from you, so I came here. But I didn’t really enjoy it back then.”

“And now? Is it different?” he smiled.

“Oh, you’re waiting for compliments?” I

“Well…”

“Yes, yes, now it’s different and it’s beautiful… Because you’re here with me. Satisfied?”

“Perfectly.” He said and smiled. I just shook my head and walked closer to the Han River.

We were walking by the river for a little bit when I noticed he was brushing his hands from cold.

“Are you cold? Do you want to go home?”

“No, I’m fine,” he smiled and put his hands into jeans’ pockets. I knew he was cold and that he was going to deny it.

“How about race?”

“Here? Now?” he asked surprised.

“Yes, here and now. Can you see that broken street light there?”

“Ye-es?”

“Okay, so who’s going to be first there? You’re already loosing!” I laughed and he noticed I was few steps forward.

“No, I’m not,” he shot a playful face on me and started running. I smiled and run faster. We were on the same line when I used my ghost power and run, well, flew faster.

“Hey! It’s cheating!” he shouted.

“No one said I can’t do it!”

“I’m saying it now!”

“Okay, got it,” I said and slowed down. He was quite fast and I realised he was just right next to me. He looked at me, stick out his tongue and went few metres forward me. It made me run faster.

“I’m first!” I shouted happily once I got to that broken street light. Kai was just few seconds late.

“You-were-cheating,” he complained while he was trying to catch his breath.

“No, I wasn’t. You just don’t want to admit that I’m better than you.”

“I would-win- if you weren’t- using your- power.”

“I would win even without my power. Come on, Kim Jongin, just admit that I’m faster than you.”

He was pouting and then he looked at me and raised his hands. “Okay, I give up. You’re faster, Kim Jae Min,” he said and smiled. But his smile turned into smirk and he narrowed his eyes. “But not to the other street light!” he shouted and run away.

“What…?” I face palmed myself when I got what he wanted to say and started to run, but it was too late.

“I’m first! I’ve won! Got you!” he laughed and jumped while I was still running to him. I was fast and I stopped just few inches from him. If I were alive, I would feel his breath on my face. He stopped laughing and looked surprised and shocked.

“You were cheating,” I said and looked in his eyes. He gulped and I noticed how nervous he was so I stepped back. “Ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter