Chapter 1

(No) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an ordinary morning. I was getting ready for my part-time job. In the morning I delivered leaflets and in the afternoon and evening I worked at the café. It was my daily routine since I’ve graduated from high school.

I was in the café serving a customer and preparing a coffee for her when I heard about Exo’s concerts in the TV. I sighed a little because I knew I won’t ever be able to go to their concert. I couldn’t even afford to buy their songs, so I was listening to them just on YouTube.

I came home, made ramen and my old computer. I checked what’s new in the world, paid bills, turned music on Youtube on and went to sleep. It was a hard day as always. I fell asleep while listening to Promise by Exo, which always made my eyes teary.

Next morning was the same. I delivered leaflets and then went to café. I made coffee for the customer and put it on the table. He sipped a little bit and spat it out immediately.

“What is this?! It doesn’t taste good! And I didn’t ordered this one!” he shouted.

“Oh, I’m sorry Sir, but I’m sure I made you the one you ordered,” I said.

“No, you didn’t! This tastes horribly. I want my money back, I won’t pay for something so disgusting!”

Manager of the café came and tried to talk to him but he was just shouting. Then he left with his money while I was trembling behind the counter.

“I really did the one he ordered. And I was doing it as always so it shouldn’t have tasted bad.”

“It’s okay, he was somehow weird, it’s not your fault, just make sure you do the right orders,” manager smiled. She was very nice person but still, I was afraid she would scold me.

“I will, and I’m really sorry.”

“It’s okay, don’t worry,” she said and then turned to other workers. ”You can go home for today. We will close 10 minutes earlier today. Thank you for your work, guys.”

I went out of café, said goodbye to my co-workers and went down the street. I was in the middle of the crossing when suddenly one car went fast straight on me. I just froze on the spot, closed my eyes and screamed…

I was lying on the ground. I should feel the pain all over my body, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter