6)

Best Friends(?)

WARNING! Long chapter ahead

Sehun stood there in shock. KRIS had done that to me? And Chanyeol was only protecting me? He flew over to the bathroom door and tried to open it, only to find that it was locked. “Maru, baby, open up, please!” Sehun pleaded. “Go away!” I yelled out in response. “Don’t call me that anymore!”

                Sehun slumped against the door. “You have to come out eventually. I’ll wait all night if I have to,” Sehun said to me through the door. “Rot in hell, Oh Sehun,” I replied. “Only if you’re there with me, Ahn Maru,” he shot back.

                I tried to sleep, but it was really cold, which we both knew I detested. I wiped my face of tears and makeup and unlocked the door. Sehun heard the distinct click sound and stood up, waiting to hug me when I would open the door.

                I did open the door, but before Sehun could hug me, I stopped him by placing a hand on his chest. “I told you we needed to talk, and I’m not going to back down this time,” I said, looking into his eyes adamantly. He followed me obediently into the bedroom, where our queen-sized bed that we shared stood. I sat down on the edge while he kneeled in front of me.

                “Sehun,” I said, and he already knew he was in trouble when I said his real name instead of his nickname. “You’ve changed. You’ve changed for the worse, and it all started when you joined EXO. Now almost every night you’re out partying with them, getting high, getting drunk…having s-. You were never this person before. And you’ve been breaking your promises a lot lately. You’re no longer my sweet Sehunnie who would cuddle with me in the night when I had a nightmare. Sehun…I’m worried about you. I’ve lost my parents, and yours who were just like family to me. You’re the only one I have. What if one night when you’re out with them a fight breaks out? What if you get seriously hurt? What if…what if you die? You’re my world, Sehun, my brother, my best friend, my everything. I can’t live without you. But…knowing that you sleep with a random girl every night and leave me alone all the time hurts, because it seems like you’ll be just fine without me.”

                Tears were rolling down my cheeks when I finished. Sehun bit his lip and wiped away my tears with his thumb. “I’ve never slept with anyone, Maru,” he said, and my head snapped up. “I’ve never gotten high, I’ve never smoked. And if you want to know the truth, when I joined, I had one condition. That they would protect you as one of their own.” My eyes widened. “Sure, we get into some fights now and then, but by the time I joined, everyone feared EXO already. I wanted them as back up to take care of you should anything happen to me, just in case. Everything I’ve done is for you, baby,” Sehun said, kissing my wrist. “Maru baby, I’m so sorry I got so angry. I should have just listened to you. But now that you know the reason I’ve done this, I hope you won’t get mad at me as much.”

                I reached forward and wrapped my arms around Sehun’s neck. “Hunnie, why didn’t you just tell me?” I asked, my voice cracking. “I was so scared you would leave me and stay with them. They scare me, Hunnie. I thought they were all bullies, and I was especially was scared of Kris. But then I met Chanyeol, so I think you’re in better hands than I thought. Hunnie, you know I hate being alone. Please don’t leave me.” I cried into his neck. Sehun stood up and wrapped my legs around his waist. “Baby, I’ll never leave you, you know that,” he said playfully, trying to make me feel better. “I love you too much.” Oh how true that statement was, he thought to himself.

                “Thank you, Sehunnie. I love you, too,” I said, kissing his neck. I wish you loved me the way I love you, Sehun thought. “Ready for bed?” he asked, carrying me over to the closet. I dropped down from his arms and picked one of his t-shirts to wear. “Hunnie, turn around,” I said, facing away from him. I took off my shorts and my tank top, leaving my lingerie on and reaching for the t-shirt I picked out.

                Suddenly Sehun’s arms s around my waist from behind. “Why can’t I see?” he whispered, his hot breath hitting my ear and neck. He had suddenly become shirtless. I flushed furiously feeling his bare skin touching mine. “B-because I’m a girl,” I replied, heat pooling in my cheeks. “But you’re so beautiful I can’t look away,” Sehun said softly, his lips almost touching the shell of my ear. “We live together, Maru baby. Why can’t I know what you look like?” “B-b-because it’s e-e-embarrassing,” I said, flushing even more. “You’re gorgeous, Maru baby. Don’t you ever think otherwise.” His fingers swirled patterns on my stomach. “Maru baby, I want you to stay away from Donghae,” he said, kissing my stars. “Why?” I asked, distracted by his touches. I unconsciously tilted my head, giving him more access to my neck, unknowingly wanting his touches and kisses. Sehun smiled against my skin. “He only wants to have with you, baby,” Sehun replied. “I know what he’s done. He’s done this to lots of other girls, and I don’t want you to get hurt, especially since you’re still a . You’re special, baby. You’re not like other girls.”

                “I don’t want to do anything with him,” I said. “Good, because you’re all mine,” Sehun whispered, pressing a kiss to my temple. “Nobody else should get to see this,” he said, turning me towards the full-length mirror. I blushed seeing my half- body wrapped in his arms. “No one else, especially EXO and Lee Donghae’s gang, is going to see this beautiful body I’m holding right now. You are mine and mine alone, Ahn Maru.” I shivered and looked into Sehun’s dark eyes in the mirror. “Sehunnie, what’s going on? Why are you acting like this?” I asked, sort of afraid.

                Sehun turned me to face him and pushed me up against the wall. He held one side of my face with one hand while the other settled on my hip. “What do you see me as?” he suddenly asked. I was confused. “Hunnie, what are you talking about?” I asked. Sehun leaned closer, so our bodies were almost touching. “What am I to you?” he asked, his eyes boring into my own.

                “You’re my best friend, my brother, my family,” I said. Sehun sighed and asked, “Am I more than a brother? More than family? More than a friend?” I was still lost. “Sehunnie, I already told you, you’re my world. What more can there possibly be?” Sehun sighed and let go of me. “Nothing, Maru baby. Let’s get to bed.” He pulled his t-shirt over my head for me. “But I don’t want you to hide your body from me anymore, sweetie.” I nodded, choosing not to argue. “Yes, Hunnie Bear,” I said playfully.

                Sehun chuckled and unbuckled his belt, starting to pull his pants down. I squeaked and held my hands over my eyes. Sehun turned to look at me and smiled. He came over with his belt buckle undone and held my wrists. “What’s wrong, baby?” he cooed, rubbing my wrists with his thumbs. “Y-y-you’re !” I said, embarrassed to the max. “Well I’ve seen you half-, isn’t it only fair that you see the same of me?” he asked, kissing my knuckles.

                Thinking about it, his logic did make sense. I felt dirty thinking that Sehun could walk around knowing what my exposed body looked like without anything in return. I slowly brought my hands down, my eyes accidentally flicking towards his waistline. I blushed even more. Sehun’s V-line was incredibly prominent, and he had killer abs that I already knew about. So why was I blushing so hard?

                I knew Sehun was hot. All the girls who met him wanted him. However, it never affected me before. Sehun was Sehun and that was that. I never thought about him any differently.

                “Sehun,” I said, “Can I touch?” He nodded, kind of surprised. I came closer and traced the characters of the quote on his ribcage. Sehun’s eyes fluttered shut. I then went behind him and traced the wind symbol with the tip of my index finger. I went back to the front and ghosted my fingertips over each flame on his arm, from his shoulder all the way down to his elbow. Last but not least, I hesitantly dragged my fingers down his chest, stopping at his hip to trace the “MINE” tattoo. “You never told me what this one was for,” I said quietly. “Because I’m yours,” Sehun said. “When we were smaller, you always used to run around saying ‘Sehunnie is mine, all mine!’ I thought it was cute and it brought back a lot of memories. I got this one to remind me who I belong to.”

                I blushed furiously. Sehun slowly removed his belt and took off his jeans, revealing a pair of tight black briefs, making me blush more. “Don’t be embarrassed, Maru baby,” he said, coming closer. “You have every right to see me like this.” I tried hard to keep my eyes above waist level.

                Sehun laughed seeing my predicament and pulled on a pair of sweatpants. “Come on, Maru baby, let’s eat and then we can go to bed,” he said, taking my hand and pulling me towards the living room. Now this was normal.

                When Sehun pulled out Rio, I squealed. He knew I was still a child on the inside. He put in the disc and sat down, pulling me into his arms. I pulled the food towards us and snuggled into his bare chest, my head resting in the crook of his neck like always. He immediately picked out the mushrooms and held them to my mouth. “Say ahh,” he said playfully. I looked at him sternly. “Sehunnie, eat your mushrooms. They prevent cancer,” I said, crossing my arms. “But Sehunnie doesn’t like mushrooms,” he said, pouting. “Aegyo doesn’t work when it comes to healthy eating,” I said, standing firm. Sehun sighed and ate his mushrooms reluctantly, making a face. “Drama queen,” I muttered, happily eating my own share.

                When the movie was done, Sehun carried me to our room, where he set me down on the bed gently. He saw the hickeys on my neck again and got angry. Before I could sit up, he leaned down over me and pressed a long, lasting kiss to each bruise. “What are you doing?” I asked, confused, but still enjoying the feeling. “Erasing that bastard’s marks on you,” he replied. “Just pretend I gave you these, Maru baby. Don’t think about him.”

                I tried not to. Instead I thought about how nice it felt to have Sehun doing that instead of Kris. “Sehunnie, it feels nice,” I said, my fingers curling in his silver-grey hair. “I’m glad to hear that, Maru baby,” he replied, kissing up my jawline. He tilted my head up and to the side. “Let me see more of that pretty neck of yours,” he cooed, my cheek affectionately. “Yes, Hunnie,” I sighed, letting him do what he wants.

                Suddenly I felt the tip of his tongue poke out and touch my skin. I shivered in surprise, but I let him keep going. The kisses turned into gentle . Sehun a new hickey onto every one that Kris made. “Feel better, baby?” Sehun asked, pressing a kiss to my forehead. “Much better, Hunnie,” I replied. “Can we do that more? It feels so nice.”

                Sehun tried with all his might not to take me right then and there. Instead, he smiled and replied, “Whatever you want, Maru baby.” We our sides and Sehun turned me so that I was facing away from him, pulling me closer so my back was pressed flush against his chest, wrapping an arm around my waist.

                “Sehunnie,” I said quietly, twining our fingers together. “Yes, Maru baby?” he answered, kissing the back of my neck. “We’re more than just friends, aren’t we?” I asked, playing with his hand. “Why, is that a bad thing?” he asked back. “You know when we go to school…people always say we act like a couple. Are we a couple?” I asked, suddenly very nervous.

                Sehun swallowed nervously. “Well, sweetie, to be a couple means two people have to love each other,” he said. “But we do love each other!” I said. Sehun shook his head and said, “No, baby, I mean how like, um…like how your parents loved each other. That’s what being a couple is.”

                I blushed and asked, “How do you know if you love someone like that, Sehunnie?” Sehun turned me to face him, keeping me in his arms. “Well, when you’re around them, if you see them, you can’t look away because you feel like you could stare at them all day. You want to spend time with them all the time. They are all you can think about when they’re not with you. You can see yourself with them in the future, living happily together forever. You…you want to kiss them, you want to…make love to them, because you just want to touch them and kiss them so much.”

                “Hunnie…how do you know all this?” I asked. Sehun started panicking. She can’t know just yet, he thought. “I feel that way about someone,” he said vaguely.

                I felt like my heart was breaking. “Oh,” I said softly. I turned around and scooted away from him, curling in on myself. “Okay,” I said. “Goodnight, Sehun.” I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

                Sehun mentally face-palmed himself. Great job, idiot, he thought to himself. Now she thinks you want someone else. “Sweetheart, come on,” he said, reaching out and taking hold of my shoulder. “Baby, please don’t be mad.” “Shouldn’t you be calling your crush those names?” I replied, curling in on myself more. I already am, Sehun thought.

A/N: Yeah, Maru's really dense. Well, Sehun's pretty dumb, too. Maru finally talks about the whole couple idea, and Sehun totally throws away the opportunity. (Sigh) Hope everyone's enjoying the fic so far. Comments always appreciated!