1)

Best Friends(?)

“Sehunnie, wake up!” I said, bouncing on the bed and shaking his shoulder. God, he was a deep sleeper. “SEHUNNIE!” I yelled. Sehun’s arm suddenly shot out and pulled me down next to him, his arms winding around my waist. “Stop being so loud, you’ll wake the neighbors,” he said sleepily. I rolled my eyes and hit his chest with a fist. “Sehunnie, get up, we’re going to be late for work!” I exclaimed, trying to escape his grasp, but without success. Sehun buried his face in my neck. “Five more minutes,” he groaned. I rolled my eyes but wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him back. “Fine, five more minutes,” I grumbled. I felt him smile against my neck.

                Sehun and I had been best friends for 19 years. We had been living together for about 5 years now in Gwangju, South Korea. Both of our parents had died in a car crash approximately 5 years and 4 months ago. They were coming home from a party together when a drunk driver swung over into their lane and hit them in a head-on collision. The government had given us a generous sum of money since then every month to take care of us until we were both legal.

                Sehun had taken care of me ever since.

                “Five minutes are up!” I exclaimed, smacking his head. “Fine,” he grumbled. “But I want my good morning kiss.” I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek. Sehun was like a brother to me, my best friend. Friends kiss, right?

                “Come on, Hunnie, get up,” I said, walking over to the closet to change. Sehun sat up against the headboard and stared at me. I blushed and said, “Hunnie, stop staring!” Sehun grinned when he saw my blush and got up to get dressed himself. When he took his shirt off, I looked at him from behind. There was a tattoo of this wind symbol on the back of his left shoulder, and a half-sleeve tattoo of flames. I knew the rest of them by memory. He had his favorite saying his dad used to tell us going up and down on the right side of his rib cage: “Live life to the fullest, because it just might be ripped from you tomorrow.” There was the word “mine” in capital gothic letters on his left hip, three stars behind his right ear, and the names of his mother and father tattooed around his wrist like a bracelet. He told me the three stars were the people he had the privilege of loving in his life: his mom, his dad, and me.

                Of course, I couldn’t be completely innocent either. I also had the tattoo bracelet of my parents’ names, and the three stars, for my mom, my dad, and Sehun, as well as an elaborate dragon curling over the right side of my torso.

                However, I was not okay with the wind symbol. Sehun was part of a gang with eleven other guys. They were lean, mean, fighting machines, and nobody stood in their way. Their leader saw Sehun boxing at the gym one day and asked him to join. After a few days, Sehun agreed, much to my shock. They became regulars at the café during the day club during the night that me and Sehun both worked at, mainly during the night. Honestly? I thought they were a bunch of bullies, and my sweet Sehunnie didn’t belong with them.

                “I’m going out with the guys tonight,” Sehun said, slipping on a white t-shirt. The place we worked at was pretty chill. They didn’t care about our tattoos, probably because they knew our story. In fact, they wanted us to show them off, particularly Sehun, during club hours. “Again?” I asked, pulling on a white tank top and some black high-waisted shorts. “Yeah, we’re going to a party,” he said. “I’ll drop you off at home and then I’ll go. Unless you want to come?”

                I pulled my long brown hair up into a ponytail and though about it. I knew exactly what kind of parties they went to. The kind with alcohol, drugs, and ty girls who were 90% . “I’ll pass,” I said dryly, brushing the ends of my ponytail.

                Sehun took the brush from me and smoothed out my hair. “I’ll be home by midnight,” he said, bringing his lips to my ear. “I won’t get high, I won’t drink more than one beer, I won’t smoke, and I won’t have . Now will you please not be mad at me?” Sehun kissed each of the three tiny stars behind my ear, leaving a much longer one on the bottom star, the one we both knew was for him.

                “I wish you would just quit that stupid gang,” I said, pulling away from him. “It’s dangerous and you know that. Besides, that Kris guy has been giving me the creeps. He keeps eyeing me like I’m some sort of dessert.” I didn’t see it, but Sehun’s eyes flashed in anger. “Whatever,” he said, walking out of the room, heading for the front door. It slammed closed, but I knew he wouldn’t leave. He’d be waiting for me on his motorcycle so we could leave for work together.

                I sighed and stared at my sock-covered feet. Sehun had changed. He got colder whenever I asked him to quit the gang, or if I told him I was worried about him. I stared at my tattoo on my wrist. “Mom, Dad, he’s the only one I have left. What will I do if he leaves?” I wondered out loud.

                Life without Sehun seemed bleak. I hated being alone.

                I wordlessly put on some black eyeliner, pink lip gloss, and pulled on my black wedges. Maybe I should change to sneakers and just walk today.               I went outside of our shared apartment and went down to the first floor, the garage, where I knew Sehun was waiting, holding my helmet for me.

                Sure enough, there he was. He already had his helmet on. “Get on,” he said, tossing my helmet at me. I strapped it on and flicked down the visor, wrapping my arms around Sehun’s waist. “I’m ready,” I said, placing my head sideways on his back. Sehun revved the motorcycle and we left for work. 

A/N: So this will all be from Maru's POV. This is one of my more recent stories, so the writing is definitely a lot better XP Stay tuned for more! Comments always appreciated :)