4)

Best Friends(?)

I headed to the changing room and changed into my fitted bodysuit and strapped on some black stiletto heels, putting on pitch-black dark makeup. I let my hair fall loose, slightly curling it into big rings. When I deemed myself ready, I stepped backstage, taking hold of the pole. I called Onew and said, “I’m ready.” Onew said okay and ended the call, heading over to the microphone stand on the stage.

                “Good evening everybody!” Onew’s voice rang out. “Is everybody having a good time?” The crowd cheered yes. “Well, as most of you know, sometimes we have our female employees dance for the crowd during our club hours, and tonight is one of those nights!” The crowd roared. In the crowd, Sehun shook his head and internally groaned. “You know her as the sweet waitress who’s not afraid to break your heart, but tonight, she’s a y seductress who will have you all running for a cold shower in no time! You know her, you love her, so give it up for Maru!”

                EXO and Donghae’s group roared and whistled loudly. The curtains opened and the crowd cheered. I my lips slowly as Onew played Dance For You by Beyoncé. I danced around the pole, arching my back and spreading my legs. I was like another person when I danced. Not even Sehun knew this side of me.

                I did one final body roll to end the song, waving to my audience as some even threw flowers at me. I blew a few kisses, the last towards Sehun, before winking to the crowd and disappearing backstage.

                Sehun was using all of his self-control to not shoot up and dash over to the bathroom like most of the clubbers and EXO had done. Kris had been the first, Donghae following shortly after. Sehun hated Donghae. He knew what Donghae’s true intentions were, unlike me. Sehun knew he just wanted to get into my pants, just like Kris.

                I quickly changed back into my shorts and tank top, going back out to the bar. Onew and Jonghyun both hugged me and said I did a fantastic job. I waved goodbye and looked for Sehun, who was nowhere to be seen.

                I sighed and started walking home. It wasn’t too far, but I always felt better when I had Sehun to protect me. I walked in silence, just hoping I could make it home without any trouble, keeping my cell phone tight in my hand. I kept my finger over the 1 button, my speed dial number for Sehun.

                Suddenly a hand reached out and pulled me into an alleyway. “Get off of me!” I yelled, trying to break away. Soon my back met the cold wall. I looked up into Kris’s eyes. “Kris!? What the hell!?” I screamed. “Let go of me!” Kris chuckled and shook his head, pinning my wrists above me with one hand while the other held my chin. “After what I saw tonight? I don’t think so, honey,” he said, his hand ghosting over my stomach. He took my cell phone and stuck it in his back pocket.

                I turned my head to the side when he tried to kiss me various times. I was not about to let my first kiss be Kris. “Let go of me before—“ “Before what, baby?” Kris cut me off. “Nobody’s coming to save you tonight.” His head dove down and he hard on the skin at my neck, leaving noticeable red marks. “Kris, stop, please,” I begged. “No can do, honey. You pushed my limits tonight, and I’m not about to let you go,” he replied, biting my earlobe. “But I do like hearing you beg for me.”

                Suddenly a fist sailed out of nowhere and hit Kris in the face, knocking him off of me and onto the ground. As soon as I was free, I straddled Kris and started punching his face over and over again. When his nose was bleeding and I had given him a hefty bruise to his jaw, I stopped and stood up.

                When I turned around, I was met with Park Chanyeol, one of the gang members, and one of Kris’s closest friends. I looked at him in shock. “Why did you help me?” I asked. Chanyeol retrieved my phone from Kris instead of answering me. “Traitor,” Kris croaked out. “You got a problem, take it up with Suho,” Chanyeol replied. “I’m just doing my job.”

                Chanyeol took my arm and led me out of the alley, heading over to my apartment. “So why did you help me?” I asked again. Chanyeol looked at me and replied, “You heard the reason.” I rolled my eyes and stopped walking. “I’m not an idiot, you know. Suho would never order you to protect me. You guys only know me because of Sehun.” Chanyeol took my hand and tugged me forward. “Not exactly, but I asked if I could hit Kris if he was doing something I thought he was doing. I didn’t specify, but I was kind of angry, so Suho agreed,” he replied.

                He didn’t talk for the rest of the walk back. Once we reached mine and Sehun’s place, he came inside with me. “You’re bleeding,” he said, pointing at my knee. I looked down and sure enough, there were some scratches and a few drops of blood.

                Chanyeol made me sit down on the couch while he rummaged around the bathroom for the first aid kit. When he finally found it, he sat down on the couch with a plaster, a cotton ball, and a bottle of rubbing alcohol in hand. I backed away instinctively.

                Chanyeol held me in place and softly dabbed the now alcohol-soaked cotton ball onto my scratches. I cried out in pain from the sting. Chanyeol sighed and held out his free hand. I looked at him questioningly. “Hold my hand and squeeze it as hard as you can when it hurts,” he said, taking hold of my hand.

                When he dabbed my cuts again, I bit back a cry and squeezed his hand with all my might. It actually did help. When the torture was finally over, Chanyeol placed the plaster on my knee and kissed it. “All better,” he said, smiling for the first time. He had a really nice smile. “Why are you being so nice to me? You could’ve just left when I got here,” I said, staring at him curiously. Chanyeol sighed and said, “Let’s just say I owe someone who cares about you, and this is how I’m paying them back.”

                I got up and walked into the kitchen. “Well, do you want anything to eat?” I asked. Before he could reply, his stomach growled loudly. I laughed and started making some bibimbap. It was done quickly, and we ate together. “Thank you, nonetheless,” I finally said. “I don’t know what I would have done if you didn’t help me out.” Chanyeol replied, “No problem. Kris is kind of obsessed with you, and all of EXO knows it. He’s been getting a little crazy, so I thought I should step in before someone got hurt.” 

A/N: Annnnnd Chanyeol to the rescue! I made Kris a bad guy in this one, sorry Kris stans, but i love him all the same. I needed someone to take some risks and go after Maru, so why not the male god Kris? Now Maru's spending some quality time with Chanyeol. But where is Sehun? Find out soon....