2)

Best Friends(?)

When we screeched to a stop outside the café, I hopped off immediately and clipped my helmet back on the bike, not looking at Sehun. He sighed and reached out, grabbing my wrist when I started walking away. “Maru, please,” he said, tugging me back to him. He took off his own helmet and hugged me. “I’m sorry I’ve been so cold lately. Forgive me?” he asked, kissing my jaw.

                I sighed and said, “Only if you don’t drink tonight and you’re back by 11:30, okay?” Sehun smiled and replied, “Done and done. And I’ll get a movie on my way home for us to watch, maybe some Thai food, too. Thanks, Maru.” I rolled my eyes and smiled. “Yeah, yeah, now come on, we need to grab something to eat before it opens!” I said, dragging him over to our café.

                I tied an apron around my waist and grabbed two blueberry muffins. I tossed one to Sehun and stuck mine in my mouth, tying his apron for him when he took a bite out of his. “Thanks,” he said around a mouthful of muffin. “Anytime,” I replied.

                I said hello to the owners, a really sweet elderly couple, and took my place beside Minho as the waitress. Sehun stayed in the back during the daytime hours, making the food and, my favorite part, the sweets. During the club hours, though, we were both baristas at the bar, me being a barista/waitress.

                “Morning, Maru,” he greeted me, giving me a one-arm hug. “Morning, Minho,” I greeted back. “Ready to open?” “Ready as I’ll ever be,” he answered, heading to the front doors. He unlocked them and flipped the sign from “Closed” to “Open”.

                In about an hour, we had the café half-full. Having a good looking waiter like Minho brought in lots of girls, and he said the big amount of guys at the café was because of me.

                “Got a big table in the corner. You mind taking it?” Minho said as he breezed by, arms laden with dishes. “No problem,” I replied, heading over to one of the big tables. I wove my way around the tables, too busy trying not to knock into anyone to notice who was at the table I was heading for.

                “Annyeong! My name is Maru, and I’ll be your server today. What can I get you?” I asked, getting my notebook out and giving the table an eye smile. “Can I have you, on my bed?” a voice asked.

                My eyes shot open at the response, only to see all eleven members of Sehun’s gang seated at the table. Kris was the one who had said that, and now he smirked at me while looking me up and down. I suddenly felt embarrassed that so much of my legs were bare, and that all of my arms and my collarbones were exposed. However, I willed my blush to stay hidden and replied, “I would, but only because you’re so small I would have no problem walking the next day.” I gave another eye smile. “Feisty, I like it,” Kris replied. I rolled my eyes and asked, “Does anyone want something that’s actually on the menu?”

                I got their humongous order, and Sehun’s eyes almost popped out of his head when he saw the amount of food for the one table. “I’ll help you carry it out,” he said. “No, it’s okay, I got it,” I hurriedly protested. “I’m helping you, and that’s final,” Sehun declared, disappearing deep into the kitchen before I could protest.

                When the food was done, Sehun carried out the five plates I had left behind for him, myself taking six. “Come on, I’m the man here,” he whined, trailing behind me. “Well, I’m the waitress here,” I shot back.

                When we arrived at the table, Sehun almost dropped his plates. “Told you so,” I muttered. “Okay, so Baekhyun had the pancakes and bacon with extra bacon and some milk, Chanyeol had the pancakes and hash browns with orange juice, Lay had the waffles with no syrup and water, Suho had the waffles WITH syrup and apple juice, Chen had the waffles with BLUEBERRY syrup and ORANGE juice, D.O. had CHOCOLATE CHIP waffles with milk, Xiumin had blueberry pancakes with water, Kai had CHOCOLATE CHIP pancakes with whipped cream and a glass of milk, Tao had a chocolate chip muffin with a slice of cheesecake with BANANA milk, Luhan had an English muffin and hash browns with coffee, and Kris had on a stick with a glass of piss. Did I get everything right?” I recited their orders off the top of my head. I found it kind of funny Kris had ordered a breakfast kabob with apple juice, so I had to make fun of it.

                Kris was not amused. However, the rest of the table was. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chen were trying to contain their laughter, but Kai outright burst into laughter. I smiled and said, “I’ll be back soon with your check. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a lot of tables to attend to. Enjoy your meal!” I flipped my hair and headed back to the kitchen.

                Sehun stood there still, his mouth open in shock. Suho noticed him and said, “Hey, maknae, come on over here and take a load off.” Sehun reluctantly sat down on the corner next to Kai, who put an arm around his shoulder.

                I suddenly ran back to the table, where I knew Sehun would be. “Sehun, can you take the night shift? I’m dancing tonight,” I said, tired from running around and helping customers. “I’m going out tonight,” Sehun said, nodding towards the gang. I frowned and grabbed a fistful of my bangs in frustration. “Whatever, I’ll find someone else,” I muttered, storming off back to the kitchen.

                When I was gone, Kris asked, “What does she mean, she’s dancing tonight?” Before Sehun could answer, Suho, the leader of the gang, said, “I think I know. We’re coming here tonight, halfway through the party. We’ll ditch that place and come here.”

                “Sehun!” I called. “We have orders here!” Sehun stood up and turned to walk towards the kitchen. Kris said, “Let your little tart know I’ll be here to see her dance for me.” Sehun clenched his fists as he walked away, trying to get Kris’s lust-filled eyes out of his head.

                When Sehun went back inside the kitchen, he punched one of the walls, making a hefty dent. I peeked in the back, “Sehunnie? Are you okay back there?” “I’m fine,” Sehun replied through gritted teeth. 

A/N: Sehun seem okay to you? I made Maru pretty dense, now that i think about it. Then again, I'm pretty dense, too :P Everyone's so nice of aff it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) More chapters coming very soon