24)

Best Friends(?)

Did I say house? I meant MANSION. When we pulled up at the huge Chinese-style house, music was booming, and there were already a lot of people there. “Are we late?” I asked as we got out. “No,” Sehun said, “Since it’s EXO’s party, we come fashionably late. But we are the last of EXO to come. Let’s go inside.” His arm wrapped itself around my waist on my mesh side, his hand sneaking inside one of the holes of my dress to rub at my hip.

                       Once we entered the house, all eyes were on us. Sehun had enough sense to take his hand out of my dress, but we strode confidently past all the stares and gaping mouths to the main living room. I only let him keep holding me because I felt uncomfortable. All of EXO were sitting at one huge set of couches in the middle, no girls to be seen. They were all wearing outfits similar to Sehun’s, but some had black torsos and gray sleeves instead. I guess it was a team thing. Despite the physical lack of girls, I did see all the wistful stares of my female schoolmates directed at them.

                       Once we reached EXO, their eyes locked onto me, and jaws dropped. “W-well, Maru, I have to say, you look gorgeous,” Suho said, always the gentleman. “Thank you, Suho,” I said, flashing him an eyesmile.

                       Right then, 2NE1 came up to the table. “Sorry, girls, but this table is EXOtic only for now,” Tao said, shooting them a smile. “Then our Blackjack shouldn’t be here either,” CL shot back. The boys looked confused as I walked over to my girls. “You know, Maru, the thing with gang parties is that you normally stick with your gang,” Bom chided jokingly. I pouted, playing along, and said, “Sowwy, Bommie unnie. I’ll stay with you now.” Bom smiled back at me and pinched my cheek.

                       EXO was baffled. “You’re in 2NE1?” Chen asked, “Since when?” “Since about a month ago,” Dara replied. “Maru is our newest member, and twin maknae of Minzy,” CL said. “So that means she’s off limits,” Minzy said, “Just like the rest of us.” “2NE1 doesn’t really associate with any guys besides Big Bang,” CL whispered to me.

                       “Well, damn,” Chen said, sinking back into his seat and sulking. “Got that right,” Tao said, sighing, “Guess we don’t get a chance after all.” “I’ll see you boys later,” I said as CL looped her elbow through mine, “But I promised a few boys from the dance team that I’d save them a dance.” I winked at Sehun before walking off with 2NE1.

                       We sat down at their table and got a few drinks. “I’m glad we got you when we did,” CL said, “Being Blackjack means you’re off limits. The girls of 2NE1 are known to be unattainable. We’re untouchable, especially with Big Bang as our counterparts. But since you were already dating that EXO kid before I recruited you, you can be with him.” “Thanks, CL,” I said, “And that reminds me, am I ever going to meet Big Bang as a whole?” “Funny you mention it,” CL said, “They’re actually coming this way right now.”

                       I looked over my shoulder, and sure enough, five guys were headed our way. I recognized Seungri and Taeyang, but the other three were unknown to me. They sat down between the five of us, so there was a boy-girl-boy-girl pattern. Seungri sat next to me on the end while Taeyang sat on my other side next to Minzy, followed by a blonde-haired boy, then Dara, then a blue-haired guy, then Bom, then another guy, and then CL on the end.

                       “Is this your new member?” the guy next to CL asked, looking at me. His voice had a bit of a nasally quality. “Yeah,” CL said, “Big Bang, this is Ahn Maru, our newest maknae, who happens to be the same age as Minzy. Introduce yourselves.” “I’m G-Dragon,” the nasal-voiced one said. “I’m T.O.P,” the blue-haired on said. “And I’m Daesung,” the blonde one said. “And you know who we are,” Seungri said, gesturing to him and Taeyang.

                       “By the way, Maru, you really do dress to impress,” Seungri said, looking me up and down, “When I said dress hot, I didn’t mean smoking hot. But I don’t mind at all.” I blushed under the praise and looked down. “Aww, our little baby’s shy,” Dara teased. “S-shut up,” I said, whining a little bit. The table laughed and Seungri put his arm around my shoulders.

                We sat like that together, laughing and talking, while the music blasted and the dancing crowd grew larger. However, our own little group chat was interrupted. “Excuse me,” a voice said, “But I’d like to ask if the lovely girl in the blue dress would like to dance.” We looked in the direction of the voice, preparing for the worst, and were met with who I remembered was Jungkook from BTS. He gave me a sweet smile, and I instantly gave him one back. “Maru?” CL asked. “He’s fine, CL,” I replied, taking Jungkook’s outstretched hand, “He’s sweet. I’ll be back soon.” CL nodded and said, “Go have some fun. We’ll be here, watching and ready to step in if anything goes wrong.” I thanked her and followed Jungkook onto the dance floor.

 

A/N" And here comes the rest of Big Bang. Sidenote, if i ever mention an artist in one of my stories who play even a minor role like SHINee and Big Bang in this particular story, it's because i seriously respect them. just a quick explanation. Thanks for reading!