20)

Best Friends(?)

The day of the showcase came, and I was really nervous. I kind of felt like an idol, actually. I would be changing outfits and makeup two times throughout, wearing a total of three different looks. After the performance, we had about an hour and a half to go home and doll ourselves up for Tao’s party.

                       First I was performing the Jabbawockee routine with Jia, then in the middle was my street routine with 2NE1, and then at the end was Run the World. I was completely ready to go for the Jabbawockee routine in a prisoner-like outfit with the red jumpsuit hanging at my hips, wearing a black tank top and gloves, a black snapback on my head. I would zip the whole thing up when we were going to perform. Was I nervous? Heck yeah. But it all melted away when I saw Sehun.

                       He was dressed in a pure white outfit except for his jacket, which was white with lots of shiny gold geometric figures on it. His hair was straightened out so it partially covered his eyes, making him look mysterious. But that cool demeanor disappeared when he smiled at me and came over, giving me a soothing kiss. Thankfully, I didn’t have to wear any makeup for the Jabbawockee routine because, hello, masks. So I smiled and kissed back, happy to have him here.

                       When we broke apart, he pecked my nose. “You’ll do great, Maru baby,” he said, “Don’t sweat it.” He and Kai were scheduled to perform right after me and Jia, since we were the first act. I nodded and smiled at him gratefully. “I know you’ll do amazing, too,” I said. “I don’t know about that, since I’m sharing the stage with Mr. Tall, Dark-Skinned, and Seductive,” Sehun said, sighing. I stood up and took his face in my hands. “Personally, I’d rather have my Mr. Tall, Tattooed, and Well-Endowed,” I said, glancing down at his crotch obviously, trying to make him smile.

                       It worked, of course. Sehun smirked and pulled me closer by my hips, crushing our bodies together. “My gorgeous girlfriend only speaks the truth,” he said, kissing my forehead. I leaned my head against his strong chest and let all my worries slip away.

                       Then Kai walked in. “Oh my god,” I said, my eyes as wide as they could be, “WHAT are you WEARING!?” It had to be the most ridiculous looking top I had ever seen, and that was saying something here in South Korea. There were no words to describe it except ridiculous. Sehun burst out in laughter.

                       Kai’s hair had been swept up and styled away from his face to give the audience a clear view to contrast Sehun’s style, and he wore white, too, except his pants had Sehun’s jacket design. But that top…Key would’ve thrown a fit if he saw it.

                       Kai smirked and said, “Laugh now, but when those girls get a look at these amazing chest muscles, we’ll see who gets the most screams.” “I don’t need a million girls screaming my name when I have the prettiest one in my arms every night,” Sehun said, kissing my temple and making me blush. Kai scowled and said, “We’ll see about that tonight.”

                       Once he walked out, I raised an eyebrow at Sehun. “Don’t worry, baby,” he said to me, nuzzling our noses together, “He, Tao, Chen, and Kris think they can charm you tonight at the party. I said I’d let them each have a dance with you, but what I didn’t tell him was that you’d kick them in the balls for even putting their hands on you.” I frowned at him and stepped out of his hold, crossing my arms. “Sehun, why would you agree to something like that? You KNOW I hate being anywhere NEAR Kris, much less your other erted friends. Did you even think about what I would want?”

                       Sehun looked guilty. Good. I hope he was. “Maru baby, please don’t be mad—“ Before he could finish, Jia came over. “Hey, Maru, come on, we’re up,” she said, taking hold of my arm. I didn’t look at Sehun as I followed her to the stage entrance, zipping up my jumpsuit and pulling on the hood, putting on the mask next. I had dances to perform, and I was not going to let Sehun mess it up. 

 

A/N: I can feel the tension sizzling as i post this. But in all seriousness, i wanted to take a minute to thank all my subscribers. I know I'm kind of bad at updating consistently, but i really appreciate all of you for staying by my side and liking my stories which are, in my opinion, not all that good. So, as a gift to EVERYONE on aff, especially my subscribers, i am finally posting my super-duper-long story! of course it's not complete, but I'm making a promise to constantly update this er as often as i can. In addition, i will also be releasing at least five more stories on aff. Thank you all so much and Happy Holidays!