27)

Best Friends(?)

I headed back over to 2NE1 and Big Bang, who were staring at me openmouthed. “Well, damn,” CL said, laughing, “I think you’re going to fit in with us just fine.” I didn’t even look at the EXO table. “But anyway,” Minzy said, getting up from her seat, “Time for US to dance!” I happily joined her, as did CL, Seungri, Taeyang, and G-Dragon. T.O.P, Daesung, Dara, and Bom stayed and got some more drinks.

                     It was around 3 am when I started yawning. “I think I’m going to get going,” I said to CL. “Go for it,” she replied, “We’ll be here if you need us. Want one of us to take you home?” “I think that might be for the best,” I said, glancing over at the EXO table. Sehun sat with his arms crossed, a beer in his hand and a scowl on his face. “You sure?” CL asked, “I would talk to him if I were you.” “Except I’m not in the wrong, here,” I replied, “He made a bet with his friends, and one of them nearly ually assaulted me. But I will tell him I’m leaving.”

                     I went up to the EXO table, and all eyes were on me. “Where’s Tao?” Kai asked. “Cuffed to his bed with the key between his teeth,” I replied. “Damn,” Chen said, chuckling, “You’re full of surprises, aren’t you, sweetheart?” “You’re a lucky man, Sehun,” Kai said. “Let’s agree to disagree on that,” I said, rolling my eyes, “Anyway, I just came up to tell him I’m leaving. I need some sleep.” “With who?” Sehun asked, his voice hard, “I brought you here.” “With my gang,” I replied, “Or maybe I’ll get a ride with one of Big Bang, or maybe even BTS. I hear V has a thing for me.”

                     Sehun stood up instantly, the beer can crumpling in his hand. “You’re not going anywhere with him,” he seethed. “You should’ve thought about that before you made that stupid bet,” I shot back, “I’m going home. Feel free to sleep on the couch when you get back.” I walked away from the table without another word.

                     I went over to BTS, grabbing V’s arm to get his attention. “Would you mind taking me home?” I asked over the music. “Let’s go,” V replied, taking my hand and leading me out of the party. I didn’t even look in Sehun’s direction.

                     During the drive home, V and I started talking. “So what’s the deal with you and EXO?” he asked, “They’re all over you. Some cases, quite literally.” “Some of them want to sleep with me,” I said, “Despite the fact that I’m Sehun’s girlfriend.” “I know it’s not what you want to hear,” V said, taking my hand, “But if you decide he’s not right for you, I’ll be here.” “I know, V,” I said, leaning over and kissing his cheek, “Thank you.”

                     When I got home, I wiped off all my makeup and started taking off my clothes. Just as I had gotten down to my lingerie, the door opened, and Sehun stormed inside. “Oh, you’re back,” I said indifferently, taking a pillow and a blanket and shoving it into his chest, “Here. Goodnight.” “Excuse me?” he asked, surprised, “And what is this for?” “For your new bed,” I said, gesturing to the couch, “Have a nice night, Sehun.”

                     “Maru,” he said, but I stopped him. “I have nothing to say to you,” I said, “Now, I’m going to bed, and I suggest you do, too.” I closed the bedroom door in his face and locked it, going to bed.