11)

Best Friends(?)

“I’m going to go to the gym after school, okay Hunnie Bear?” I asked. “No problem, Maru baby. I’ll cover your shift for you and you can come just in time for club hours,” he replied. I was about to walk to my own class when he suddenly pulled me back. “Where’s my kiss?” he asked, leaning down. I rolled my eyes but smiled and pecked his lips. “There you go. Now get to class,” I said, pushing him away. He pretended to be hurt but walked to his own class.

                School went by like a breeze. Everyone was talking about my confrontation with Donghae, especially the girls. But of course, I paid them no heed, like always. Some tried to throw insults at me from across the room, but I ignored them.

                I was different from most girls, physically and emotionally. I was actually pretty tall for a girl, with super long legs to match. My eyes came level with the Sehun’s lips, and he was well over 6 feet. Most Korean girls were petite, with short, stick legs and tiny arms. I liked my body much better. Of course, I was still pretty skinny, but that’s only because I have a really fast metabolism from my mom’s side, same with Sehun from his dad’s side. My size was something like 30C, while most Asian girls were Bs, low Cs at most. Sehun once told me I had an S-line fit for the gods, but at that time, I didn’t take him seriously.

                I went to the gym after school, going into one of the lesser used rooms and started bench pressing 65 pounds. A bit much, I know, but I was proud of staying in shape. I kept my six-pack slight and just barely noticeable, my thighs, calves, and arms slim but rock-hard, my waistline never changed, and my hips shaped nicely into my .

                While I was nearing my 100th rep out of 250, I felt someone enter the otherwise empty room and sit down near me on another bench press bed. I ignored them and kept going until I hit 250, and then I put the barbell back on the stand, sitting up and wiping my face with my sweat towel.

                I looked next to me to see CL of 2NE1 staring at me with her elbows on her knees and her chin resting on her folded hands. I raised an eyebrow at her and took a long swig of water. When I finished, I asked, “Can I help you?”

                CL cocked her head and stared at me for a second. “I saw what you did today,” she said finally, her striking light brown eyes never leaving mine. “Yeah? What about it?” I asked, taking another swig. “It was impressive,” she answered. “Courageous. Commendable. Surprising. It’s about time someone took Lee Donghae down. He almost succeeded in seducing one of my members, Dara. However, we weren’t allowed to put him in his place. No battle of the es, stuff like that that the old men DBSK put in place. Hopefully now he’ll stop seducing the innocent girls who aren’t in any of the gangs here. But you…you’re not a gang member, are you?”

I shook my head no. “Super Junior knows me just because of Donghae, but I’m not friends with any of them. EXO also knows me, but I’m friends with a select few who aren’t complete s,” I said. CL smiled at that. “And I heard you’re dating one,” she said, more of a statement than a question. I nodded. “Yeah, we’ve been best friends our entire lives. Our parents died in the same car accident because of a drunk driver, and we’ve been living together ever since, for about 5 years now. He said he’s been in love with me for six. He joined EXO about a year ago, and I kept trying to make him quit, but he never listened. It took me almost getting by another EXO member, Kris, for him to confess. So yeah, we’re together,” I said.

CL sat up completely. “Look, the whole reason I came is because your stunt today earned my respect, and not a lot of people have that,” she said. “Mainly my members, and a few Super Junior, and lastly, Suho of EXO. No others. My point is, I like your style. You got spunk, you’re tough, and you’re brave. I want you to join 2NE1.”

My world almost froze. The only girls I liked and respected wanted me in their group? “Sure,” I answered. “But I want nothing to do with four of EXO—Kris, Chen, Tao, and Kai. Chanyeol and Lay I’m friends with.” “Deal,” CL said happily, full on smiling at me. She extended her hand towards me, and I stood up and shook it. “Looks like you’re Minzy’s age. You’ll both be our twin maknaes. You cool with that?” “I’m cool with that,” I answered. “Meet us at lunchtime tomorrow. We’ll be up on the roof,” CL said. “Welcome to the Blackjack family.” Then she left.

I took a shower at the gym and quickly headed over to the café. Once I got there, I ran up to the counter Sehun happened to be manning and hoisted myself up to give him a kiss. “It’s about time!” Jonghyun’s voice said from behind me. I turned around and grinned sheepishly. “And you said he didn’t like you that way,” Jonghyun said, coming up to me and ruffling my hair.

“I don’t, hyung,” Sehun said, coming over from behind the counter and wrapping his arms around my waist. “I love her that way.” The staff awwed and I blushed. “Oh shut up, Oh Sehun,” I said playfully. “Anything you want, Oh Maru,” he said, winking at me. The staff awwed again while I blushed furiously.

Sehun took me behind the counter. “Baby, I need to ask you something,” he said. “I was thinking about what you said…about EXO. There’s a party tonight I’m supposed to go to as one of their members, and…I want you to come with me.” I scrunched my face up in disgust. Sehun quickly said, “Okay, look, I won’t do anything you don’t want, and I promise you won’t have to either. I just want to show the guys that you’re mine and that means I’ll kill anyone who tries to have you.” I sighed and said, “Okay. What do I have to wear?” Sehun smiled as his eyes raked my body. “Something y to show off those curves,” he answered. I rolled my eyes but smiled. “Then you need to come with me,” I said, pulling him out of the café. On my way I asked Onew and Jonghyun to cover for us, and Jonghyun called his friend Key to help out. “Where are we going?” Sehun asked as we stopped at his motorcycle. “YOU are taking me shopping to find a dress!” I said, pushing him onto his seat.

A/N: and cue 2NE1! They're my favorite girl group cuz they got real swag. More coming soon!