22)

Best Friends(?)

I staggered into my chair at the vanity station and collapsed into it. Then I noticed the dark hickey on my neck. None of my other outfits covered any of it. I quickly applied makeup as carefully and quickly as I could, my eyes on the huge flat-screen TV that showed what was going on onstage. I watched in awe as Sehun moved, every curve and angle of his body mesmerizing me. Kai was good, exceptional, but I barely noticed him. Sehun had my full attention, and I knew that was what he wanted.

                       Right as Sehun and Kai walked offstage, I dashed into a changing room to change into my street dancer clothes CL and Minzy had designed for our routine. Thankfully, I was out and had my makeup done by the time Sehun was changing in the guys’ dressing room. CL and Minzy grabbed me for a quick pep talk before we went on, which was after three more routines. Six routines had gone by, including Sehun’s. I watched everything I could on the flat-screen, and I was majorly impressed by most of my teammates…with the exceptions of SNSD, of course.

                       Seungri came and got us for our performance time, ushering us towards the stage. “Good luck, girls, you’ll do great,” he said, smiling at us warmly, “We’re all going to the EXO party after this, so just get through this and we can go have fun.” We grinned back at him and went through the entrance. Seungri grabbed my wrist before I followed Minzy. “Make me proud, Maru,” he said, winking at me. I blushed slightly and nodded before going up onstage.

                       Once again, the crowd was baffled by our dance style. This dance was full of hard popping movements, gymnastics, and bboying moves that the crowd loved. We got thunderous applause once again, and after Baekhyun introduced all of us, like he had done at the end of every other act, we went offstage.

                       There was barely any time to celebrate. We gave each other quick hugs before dashing to the dressing rooms to change into our Beyoncé outfits. Once we were changed, we met up with the Miss A girls and did our makeup together.

                       While we were getting ready, the SNSD girls came back in. They crowded in a huddle near the makeup tables and started whispering, glancing at us and laughing. CL thinned her lips and finished her makeup. “Girls, let’s go,” she said, standing up, “It’s almost time to run the world.” Minzy finished putting the final touches on my mascara before we got up and followed her. We all shot the SNSD girls glares as we went to stand near the stage entrance.

                       Just as Baekhyun had begun to introduce our act, Sehun came up to us along with Kai, Lay, Luhan, and Tao. Sehun pressed me up against the wall. “Dance well for me, Maru baby,” he said in a low voice, smirking at me, “And you’ll get a reward when we go home.” He scanned my throat and frowned when he saw the hickey from earlier gone. “Where’s my mark of ownership?” he asked, furrowing his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and said, “I’m not about to go out and perform with a giant hickey on my neck where everyone can see.” He frowned and ran the tip of his nose up my throat. “I’ll just make more later, then,” he said, smirking at me again. I blushed and looked away. Sehun grinned and kissed my ear before leaving with the other guys.

                       I breathed deeply and got off the wall, just to face the curious stares from the girls. “Mind explaining what THAT was about?” Jia asked, smirking at me. “Sehun MIGHT be just bit jealous,” I replied, blushing again. “A bit?” CL asked, “Try possessive.” “He’s not possessive,” I said defensively, “I mean, he did wait six years….” “SIX YEARS!?” they all exclaimed. “It took you six years to get with all THAT?” Min asked. I blushed and nodded.

                       Thankfully, we had to go on right then. I hurriedly pushed them onto the stage before they could question me anymore. We were the second to last routine, with Seungri and Taeyang last, of course. Once the music started, we did the whole routine. The crowd immediately started cheering when they recognized the song. This time, we put all of our iness into it. Near the beginning, I caught Sehun’s eyes. He and all of EXO were sitting there, a few rows from the front. I kept my eyes on his as I danced, and when the body rolls came, I put in a lot of extra effort.

                       When the performance ended, the crowd leapt to their feet and applauded, the boys on the team and from our school whistling loudly. We bowed and exited the stage after Baekhyun introduced all of us to the crowd.

                       Once we got offstage, we met up with Seungri and Taeyang who were headed up for the final performance. We hugged each other and us girls wished them luck. “We expect to see all of you at the EXO party,” Seungri said, “The dance team are the guests of honor. Dress hot, because we’re going to gain a lot of popularity.” We nodded and they left for the stage. We didn’t even bother changing and rushed to our reserved seats to see their routine. The crowd instantly made way for us once the shiny black leather and mesh outfits came into view, some of them even snapping pictures and congratulating us. We took our seats near the boys I remembered as V, J-Hope, Jimin, and Jungkook, with me sitting next to J-Hope. They were a part of a gang I heard about called BTS.

                       J-Hope turned towards me and said, “Congrats on your performances. I’ve gotta say, none of us ever expected a girl to be able to dance like that!” I smiled at him and replied, “Thanks for the compliment, and you guys were really good, too. Maybe we can do a performance together sometime.” J-Hope grinned. “That would be awesome,” he said, “We’ve known nothing but the, well…not exactly dancing stuff from SNSD. Hey, are you by chance going to the EXO party after this?” “Yeah, I’m Blackjack,” I replied. His eyes bugged out. “Oh, YOU’RE the new member of 2NE1! No surprise after seeing your moves, though,” he said, “BTS is going, too. I’ll look forward to seeing you there. Save me and my boys a dance?” “Maybe,” I teased. We fell silent as the lights dimmed for the final performance.

                       If there was any confusion as to why Seungri and Taeyang were our leaders, it was completely gone now. They were flawless, perfect, so incredible that the crowd was completely silent, awestruck until the end, where we all gave them a standing ovation that lasted almost three full minutes. People even threw roses onto the stage. Baekhyun proudly introduced our captain and second in command and let them exit the stage, officially announcing the end of the showcase and thanking everyone for coming. 

 

A/N: And cue BTS. i love them so much, if you couldn't tell from my username. I went to their concert The Red Bullet in Dallas in July and was BLOWN AWAY. They're seriously talented. Anyway, the showcase is over, and now...on to Tao's party.I'm expecting to drop a huge bomb on Maru, but you'll never expect it...or maybe you will.......